Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Working in Australia V2, All About working in Australia

views

Rand
post Today, 09:40 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(Garysydney @ Jun 18 2021, 09:11 AM)
Good on you my friend!

i guess 25km is not really that bad and A$650k is fairly affordable. I guess if you had parents to help you, you will probably have done it earlier.

Most of my retiree friends in Sydney have always expressed that without helping them with a good deposit, their children would never have been able to buy in. We are the lucky generation where assets were a lot cheaper 30-40 years ago. Even though my retiree friends have quite a lot of passive income coming in through their super and rental income, most of us are still pretty thrifty because we have been living a life like this throughout our working lives and being first-generation migrants is not easy  smile.gif  as most of you guys would know.
I already got FAMA support for a property back in KL (back when I thought KL was my forever home), so I felt guilty asking for it again. I really wanted it to be my from 100% my own effort this time. Hence the 25km and in the north, I went for what I could afford.

That being said, it is still an just hour from my house to the CBD, door to door on public transport. So it's still pretty good IMO.

Migrants do have it tougher yes, but many of my local colleagues have also bought homes after working for a few years. All is takes is staying at home with mom and dad for a few years while saving, a luxury us migrants do not have.
Garysydney
post Today, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 18 2021, 09:40 AM)

Migrants do have it tougher yes, but many of my local colleagues have also bought homes after working for a few years. All is takes is staying at home with mom and dad for a few years while saving, a luxury us migrants do not have.
Very true.

Most of my friends prefer their children living with them so they can save up for their deposit. A lot of their children don't even pay board or even help out with simple bills doh.gif . Life is quite a struggle esp if you get no helping hand nowadays. In my younger days, buying a property was much easier which is why most of my retiree friends have investment properties as well - with negative gearing it was even more attractive smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th June 2021 - 10:29 AM