Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

48 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4), April 10, 2020

views

guarayakha
post Feb 1 2017, 12:21 PM

2 posts

Isn't part 1 supposed to drop this year, soon-ish? I'm sure FF7R won't take as long as FFXV simply because UnrealEngine is like, 10 times easier to work with than whatever they used for XV.
SSJBen
post Feb 1 2017, 12:46 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(guarayakha @ Feb 1 2017, 12:21 PM)
Isn't part 1 supposed to drop this year, soon-ish? I'm sure FF7R won't take as long as FFXV simply because UnrealEngine is like, 10 times easier to work with than whatever they used for XV.
Supposedly this year. But zero official confirmation of course.

It's only faster because they're releasing it in parts. If it'd have to be released in the full size of a FFVII remake, it'd take longer than XV.
danger46
post Feb 2 2017, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Final Fantasy VII Remake is clearly quite a way off, if the words of Producer Yoshinori Kitase are anything to go by. Kitase spoke to Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, offering a typically vague update on how work on the much-anticipated remake is progressing.

"We’re currently brushing up the scene from the announcement trailer," Kitase says, translated by Siliconera. "We can now see the line of quality that we’re aiming for more clearly, but there’s still a ways to go." The team’s goal, he says, is to carry this effort through the project’s multiple episode releases.

One line of questioning from Famitsu was on how Square Enix planned to plug the gap and keep people engaged between the full-sized game releases that'll make up the FF7 Remake series. If you've forgotten, the remake will contain everything from the original game but will be split into three parts - think how Lightning's story was split between FF13, FF13-2 and Lightning Returns.

"Final Fantasy VII expanded through a compilation. We don’t have any fundamental plans on that for now, but since the game volumes won’t be something that we can release in just a few months, we’d like to think of a way to supplement those gaps to maintain interest."

Kitase also took time in the magazine to say that he's keen to keep in touch with fans in a similar way to how FF15 staff communicated with fans regularly throughout that game's development with 'Active Time Report' live streams.

The most interesting new tidbit on the game came in the form of talk about its battle systems, where Kitase revealed the Battle Director from Kingdom Hearts II is working on the game.

"The base of it is solidified," Kitase said. "Tetsuya Nomura is a given, and Mitsunori Takahashi who worked on the Kingdom Hearts series and Dissidia Final Fantasy series are going to work hard on it. There’s still a lot that I can’t say but we won’t be removing any parts of the original Final Fantasy VII that was well-received."

Kitase wrapped up the FF7 talk by confirming that he intends to show off the game again this year or even possibly have it playable at an event.

At the close of the interview Famitsu requested Kitase remake FF6. Kitase was the co-director on that game alongside FF9 and FF12's Hiroyuki Ito, so he's the right man to ask.

"We’re currently working on Final Fantasy VII, so…" he offered. "I’m also asked the same from company staff, but I’m keeping it pending for now."

Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming, sometime, eventually. It's announced for PS4 only right now.

This post has been edited by danger46: Feb 2 2017, 11:33 AM
guarayakha
post Feb 2 2017, 02:17 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(danger46 @ Feb 2 2017, 11:33 AM)

At the close of the interview Famitsu requested Kitase remake FF6. Kitase was the co-director on that game alongside FF9 and FF12's Hiroyuki Ito, so he's the right man to ask.

"We’re currently working on Final Fantasy VII, so…" he offered. "I’m also asked the same from company staff, but I’m keeping it pending for now."

GIMME!!
danger46
post Feb 20 2017, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

user posted image

user posted image

“Here is a new image of Final Fantasy VII,” Nomura continued, referencing two fresh screenshots from the in-development Remake. “I’ve put a lot of attention into the combat system, and it’s going to be going on without interruption.” Nomura also mentioned that allies won’t take damage from your own attacks. “This is the first boss in the game. It’s [the Guard] Scorpion and the scenery will be partly destructible. Sorry, I asked to show a video, but the company refused. The menus are not yet final, but I will talk more on another occasion.”

laguna1811
post Feb 20 2017, 01:30 PM

Casual
476 posts

so another rpg become action rpg lol...
post Feb 23 2017, 02:33 PM

Regular
1,445 posts

QUOTE(laguna1811 @ Feb 20 2017, 01:30 PM)
so another rpg become action rpg lol...
The reason is youngster this day have no patients.... must be fast pace and instant. Traditional grinding slowly is not applicable anymore.
hz428
post Feb 24 2017, 09:22 AM

Regular
1,053 posts

is alright to change every generation, otherwise it will be the same old ff7.
deyamato
post Feb 24 2017, 09:56 AM

Casual
418 posts

Everyone begged for remake, we can just leave it to them already not like legacy developer can turn a good game instantly.

like SSJben mentioned times have move, things has changed, the way people play is different.
danger46
post Feb 24 2017, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Yoshinori Kitase, who is the producer of Final Fantasy VII Remake, shared some good news with fans recently.

He revealed that voice recording work for the game’s main storyline is almost complete.

“Final Fantasy VII Remake requires hefty readiness,” Kitase said in an interview in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation (via Siliconera). “The voice actors are practically finished in recording voices for the main story.”

Kitase also warned fans that not all the voices would sound as they expect them to be:

Fans might be picturing Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children for it, but [this is] a Cloud in his “prime” from before Advent Children, so you might sense a fresh new performance from it.

so early 2018?
guarayakha
post Feb 24 2017, 03:08 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(danger46 @ Feb 24 2017, 10:29 AM)
so early 2018?
Or probably Christmas 2017 so they can sell more PS4s...
bichonfrise
post Feb 26 2017, 06:21 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Feb 23 2017, 02:33 PM)
The reason is youngster this day have no patients.... must be fast pace and instant. Traditional grinding slowly is not applicable anymore.
We want traditional ATB battles. Hahaha.
SSJBen
post Feb 27 2017, 05:09 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Will wait for PS5's remaster release with all "episodes" instead. rolleyes.gif
EternalC
post Mar 1 2017, 08:25 AM

Take what you can, give nothing back
845 posts

why the fark la release in 3 episodes?

i dont mind them changing stuff or gameplay inside but come on, 3 episodes ff7?

what a rip off

and still no matter how i nag, i guess i still gonna buy it in the end

thats how Square makes money nowadays

sigh

/endrant
SculptureX
post Mar 1 2017, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(EternalC @ Mar 1 2017, 08:25 AM)
why the fark la release in 3 episodes?

i dont mind them changing stuff or gameplay inside but come on, 3 episodes ff7?

what a rip off

and still no matter how i nag, i guess i still gonna buy it in the end

thats how Square makes money nowadays

sigh

/endrant
Well, to be fair if they want to release a full game instead, it would take them, what, another 10 years? lol
Shinka
post Mar 1 2017, 09:26 AM

Casual
457 posts

Dividing the game into parts will break the flow of the story. This is not like starcraft where each episode tell the story from a different perspective.

I wouldn't want to play and level up my character till a certain part of the story, only to have it end, and wait for another year to continue lol
EternalC
post Mar 1 2017, 09:42 AM

845 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Mar 1 2017, 09:16 AM)
Well, to be fair if they want to release a full game instead, it would take them, what, another 10 years? lol
my point below exactly

QUOTE(Shinka @ Mar 1 2017, 09:26 AM)
Dividing the game into parts will break the flow of the story. This is not like starcraft where each episode tell the story from a different perspective.

I wouldn't want to play and level up my character till a certain part of the story, only to have it end, and wait for another year to continue lol
i also would not want to wait several years for another episode for the same game play. to be honest, ff13 was shit lol

and if you say full story would be 10 years, then each episode would be 3.3 years? noooooooo

square is just milking the cow mad.gif

yet i'm walking into the milking room willingly, despite not that willingly sad.gif dry.gif
SculptureX
post Mar 1 2017, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(EternalC @ Mar 1 2017, 09:42 AM)
my point below exactly
i also would not want to wait several years for another episode for the same game play. to be honest, ff13 was shit lol

and if you say full story would be 10 years, then each episode would be 3.3 years? noooooooo

square is just milking the cow  mad.gif

yet i'm walking into the milking room willingly, despite not that willingly  sad.gif  dry.gif
Not exactly, first episode will always be a long wait - because they have to design the characters, the animations, the world, the battle system and the UI + outlining the story

after that, it will a synched since everything is in place & all they had to do is voice recording, cutscenes and continuing the story
EternalC
post Mar 1 2017, 10:05 AM

845 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Mar 1 2017, 09:53 AM)
Not exactly, first episode will always be a long wait - because they have to design the characters, the animations, the world, the battle system and the UI + outlining the story

after that, it will a synched since everything is in place & all they had to do is voice recording, cutscenes and continuing the story
you have a point.

but even so... separating ff7 is really uncool sad.gif

but since they announced it, not that we can do anything also sad.gif

and the last thing i hope to happen is each episode sold at full AAA title game price, aka RM250 x 3 episodes

This post has been edited by EternalC: Mar 1 2017, 10:07 AM
SculptureX
post Mar 1 2017, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(EternalC @ Mar 1 2017, 10:05 AM)
you have a point.

but even so... separating ff7 is really uncool sad.gif

but since they announced it, not that we can do anything also sad.gif

and the last thing i hope to happen is each episode sold at full AAA title game price, aka RM250 x 3 episodes
Well, they DID say that every episode will match the length & quality of a fully-fledged AAA titles

which makes me wonder - what if they release a disc compilation in the future? Will double-layered blu-ray disc sufficed?

48 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0286sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:01 AM