Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Insurance

views

cocoberry
post Mar 31 2019, 09:36 PM

0 posts

If we have medical insurance, can we use it overseas as well?
terradrgn
post Apr 1 2019, 01:44 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(cocoberry @ Mar 31 2019, 09:36 PM)
most probably not.

it's best if you read through your policy wording to get a better grasp of what you're covered for.
touristking
post Apr 1 2019, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(cocoberry @ Mar 31 2019, 02:36 PM)
I think the answer is Yes with qualification.

For example. You have a heart attack and treating you cost RM 100K in Malaysia. Since you are in Australia and it cost A$ 200k, the insurance company will still only give you RM 100K compensation or A$ 30K. The balance A$ 170K you have to pay yourself.

chang3rd
post Apr 4 2019, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(albertteh @ Mar 28 2019, 03:13 AM)
You may have missed out the clauses which stated it very clear that you will have to bear for the medical expenses oversea first and make a claim later on? Pls read n read n don't just know how to have sok sendiri sja like fellow Malaysians DO! Or else, you will land into trouble when you were falling sick at overseas.lol. Will your family can afford to have pay for your medical expenses at oversea at the first place? Choose an insurance company which can offer us with cashless medical hlpe.
Hi, u seem knowledgeable about this.
Can you recommend a insurance company that offers cashless medical coverage overseas, specifically for travelling to Japan, that can be bought in Malaysia ?

Thanks.
albertteh
post Apr 9 2019, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(chang3rd @ Apr 4 2019, 01:51 PM)
Hi, u seem knowledgeable about this.
Can you recommend a insurance company that offers cashless medical coverage overseas, specifically for travelling to Japan, that can be bought in Malaysia ?

Thanks.
Is so scary to think of what the travel insurance offered in bolehland (pay first and make a claim later on). I'm not an expert to have advice you about travel insurance. But as far as i know, Is best we purchase another traveler medical insurance (cashless) when we arrive at a certain country. They don't offer it online. We can only purchase it when we reach the country. For more reliability, try to choose a marine insurance company but which may cost more for the premium. As for in Japan. i cover up with Tokio Marine Nichido's insurance. PLS DO TAKE NOTE: IT COVER FOR TOURIST ONLY.
Many idiots at bolehland just known how to have read what is at the borchure offer only (even a professional). But they never read out the true policy coverage in the first place.

This post has been edited by albertteh: Apr 20 2019, 07:41 PM
-kytz-
post May 7 2019, 10:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,508 posts

QUOTE(albertteh @ Apr 9 2019, 01:38 AM)
Is so scary to think of what the travel insurance offered in bolehland (pay first and make a claim later on). I'm not an expert to have advice you about travel insurance. But as far as i know, Is best we purchase another traveler medical insurance (cashless) when we arrive at a certain country. They don't offer it online. We can only purchase it when we reach the country. For more reliability, try to choose a marine insurance company but which may cost more for the premium. As for in Japan. i cover up with Tokio Marine Nichido's insurance. PLS DO TAKE NOTE: IT COVER FOR TOURIST ONLY.
Many idiots at bolehland just known how to have read what is at the borchure offer only (even a professional). But they never read out the true policy coverage in the first place.
Hi Albert,

According to the Etiqa360 brochure:

user posted image

user posted image

^Cashless for in-patient and reinbursement for outpatient treatment.

user posted image

The definition of illness is "physical condition marked by a pathological deviation from the normal healthy state as verified by a Medical Practitioner"

SUSsdin3269
post May 14 2019, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Apr 1 2019, 03:57 PM)
I think the answer is Yes with qualification.

For example. You have a heart attack and treating you cost RM 100K in Malaysia. Since you are in Australia and it cost A$ 200k, the insurance company will still only give you RM 100K compensation or A$ 30K. The balance A$ 170K you have to pay yourself.
So what the purpose of limit world-wide, and its critical must do it in aussie, or must return do it in Aussie?

Sorry this is refferin to not travel.insurance rite?

This post has been edited by sdin3269: May 14 2019, 02:28 PM
touristking
post May 22 2019, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(sdin3269 @ May 14 2019, 07:27 AM)
So what the purpose of limit world-wide, and its critical must do it in aussie, or must return do it in Aussie?

Sorry this is refferin to not travel.insurance rite?
Your premium is paid in Ringgit. I assume if you have paid your premium in A$ (which I presume will be more expensive if you convert to RM), then you may have a point.

redtuna
post May 25 2019, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

To me the most important coverage in trvel insurance are :
1. Death & disability
- anything happen to me my family got covered.
2. Accident & illness coverage
- i do overseas road trip almost everyear..the risk higher compare to use public transport.
3. Travel cancellation / curtailment
- in case cannot fly / need to shortened trip due to illness / death of family member, unused / deposit can get refunded. Ease of mind for advance booking.

Previously i use AXA & AIG..but now leaning towards etiqa due to cashless payment and higher coverage amount compare to those 2.

This post has been edited by redtuna: May 25 2019, 01:11 AM
redtuna
post May 25 2019, 08:42 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(albertteh @ Mar 9 2019, 01:57 AM)
No one could have given you any advice until you have received your travel insurance policy agreement anyway. Read carefully at the policy agreement. DO Beware of! I do notice most travel insurance offer at bolehland does not cover up us from illness. It states that very clearly in the policy for accident medical fee up to rm500,000.00 and so so only. but it does not cover up us from falling ill at overseas. Is best we have another travel insurance coverage at the country we were visiting for. Lastly, choose a local travel insurance company which has an international support phone number for assistance, rather than those insurance company which requested us to make a call back to bolehland for assistance.
Most travel policy cover both accidental and illness for overseas trip as what stated in the policy wording and PDS.

AXA (accidental & illness)
AIG (accidental & illness)
ETIQA (accidental & illness)
Berjaya Sompo (accidental & illness)

So i think it redundant to get another insurance in the visiting country. It just my opinion.

jepakazoid_82
post Jun 18 2019, 04:38 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Hi guys need travel insurance as traveling to US in a couple of days. I heard etiqa can provide GL instead of pay first and claim? Should i go with etiqa?
oneeleven
post Jul 2 2019, 09:28 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

Referring to various posts above:

[1] I got treatment and medicines for severe cold at a Japanese public clinic for 2500 yen. No problems with registration.

[2] Etiqa among others may not accept over certain age and non-Malaysians.

[3] USA - Many medications and treatments (optical dental) we can freely get in Malaysia but only available in pharmacies after a visit (wait for) appointment to local doctor and local not foreign prescription. So whether insurance helps with this or not, dunno.

[4] Beware any treatments (oral, skin, massage) containing cannabis products which are now common and legal there. Even some foodstuffs!
Antoine7 P
post Jul 13 2019, 12:11 AM

Probation
0 posts

Hello,
I am new here and I have a question about AXA insurance.
Does their travel insurance covers land travel from Singapore ?
I can not find this detail on their website: https://www.axa.com.sg/travel-insurance
Thank you !
LemonJane
post Aug 5 2019, 04:06 PM

suli0206
1,073 posts

I made comparison of Etiqa insurance to the others, the policy wordings here in this link does state "due to accident or illness". so it's not just medical care as a result of accident.
file:///C:/Users/Alice/Downloads/Policy+Wordings+TRIPCARE+360+purchased+on+24+January+2019+onwards.pdf
So it is good, isn't it?

This post has been edited by LemonJane: Aug 5 2019, 04:06 PM
LemonJane
post Aug 5 2019, 05:01 PM

suli0206
1,073 posts

Another question - If only transiting in Doha (Qatar) airport for less than 7 hours, waiting for connecting flight to France, do you need to include Qatart as a destination for travel insurance purpose?
gogocan
post Aug 7 2019, 06:18 PM

Casual
450 posts

Most important is on medical coverage aspect..then on the medical cost. Who gonna pay first? No use coverage until RM 500k..but need to use own money first and claim later when back to Malaysia..

medical cost overseas very expensive one..even simple surgery can cost hundred of thousand..where to get that amount of money in such a short time when u are in hospital bed except relying on CC and pray it will not reach the credit limit or ask for donation from relative back home.

So far only etiqa tripcare 360 give cashless admission via GL for hospitalization..others need to pay first reimburse later..why other don't want to replicate etiqa?

gogocan
post Aug 7 2019, 06:28 PM

Casual
450 posts

On minus side..etiqa tripcare coverage for travel inconvenience and damages benefits is a bit inferior to AXA..

Nevertheless cashless admission pawn them all.

Btw..if i buy both AXA and Etiqa and something bad happen ..can i claim both (other than medical coverage)?

Ie: my baggage got damaged so can i claim from etiqa and AXA? Or i died during travel..can my heir claim death benefit from both?
jep88
post Aug 12 2019, 10:05 PM

10 posts

guys

if we get denied boarding like those aweks recently, does the insurance cover for all expenses paid?

onther case if we get deported back to malaysia do the insurance cover for the flight as well?

currently im leaning toward etiqa360 for my melbourne trip
ub3rg33k
post Aug 24 2019, 08:50 PM

38 posts

Sorry if this has been asked before, but hoping someone can help me with this.

I am staying in Malaysia, is a citizen in Malaysia and holds Malaysian passport. I am NOT a citizen of Singapore nor do I hold work permit or PR status. So, what happens if I bought a ticket and depart from Singapore? (Not transit, but just a ticket that departs and returns to Singapore).

I understand my Malaysian travel insurance doesn't cover departures from non-Malaysian airports. And I can't get Singapore's travel insurance because I am not a citizen, PR or with work permit.

What options do I have? Is the only option going through those global insurance like World Nomads or Bupa?
river.sand
post Aug 28 2019, 04:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

My travel insurance does not cover travel within Malaysia. Should I buy another policy, e.g. Tune Protect when I book AirAsia flight?

33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:30 PM