Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

basilisk
post Dec 5 2020, 11:35 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 5 2020, 09:01 PM)
want to ask about fip (feline coronavirus). after googling can't find any conclusive result.

so if the cat has fip, the chance of the disease undormant is actually quite low? but once undormant, will gg very fast.
fip is difficult to diagnose - yes.

most cat suspected got fip, die very fast - yes.
IpohGuyz
post Dec 6 2020, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

But how about if memang got fip but it just remaint dormant for the rest of life. Is this possibility high or low?
kizwan
post Dec 8 2020, 04:30 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
810 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 6 2020, 05:48 PM)
But how about if memang got fip but it just remaint dormant for the rest of life. Is this possibility high or low?
My best guess is if they grow old, when the immune is weak, they may become ill.
basilisk
post Dec 16 2020, 02:05 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 6 2020, 05:48 PM)
Don't get mixed up.

Know the difference.

" .. Feline Infectious Peritonitis And Feline Coronavirus
Feline Coronavirus is a worldwide virus and can affect domesticated and wild cats occasionally causing a chronic and progressive, often fatal disease, called Feline Infectious Peritonitis. Feline Infectious Peritonitis occurs sporadically in cats infected with Feline Coronavirus (FCoV) which has mutated into a FCoV variant (FIPV). Based on the latest scientific knowledge, a Feline Infectious Peritonitis infection is not transmitted from one cat to another. "

Read.

Source : https://www.vet.cornell.edu/animal-health-d...ine-coronavirus

Feline Coronavirus (FCoV) RT-PCR
Feline Coronavirus (FCoV) is a common viral infection in cats. It generally causes asymptomatic infection, but can cause mild diarrhea. As yet poorly understood changes in the virus can give rise to mutants that lead to the development of feline infectious peritonitis (FIP). Most cats infected with a FCoV eliminate virus following infection, but some cats may develop a persistent infection. These cats are generally asymptomatic, can shed large amounts of virus in feces, and serve as a continual source of infection for other cats in the environment. Continual circulation of FCoV within a cat population may increase the chance that a virulent FIP strain might emerge. While the pathogenesis of FIP is poorly understood, it is now believed that detection and removal of persistently infected and shedding cats in a multi-cat household can reduce the risk of FIP emergence within that population.

In response to the increased interest within the cat breeding and cat owning community, the Animal Health Diagnostic Center at Cornell University now offers a fecal RT-PCR test for FCoV. This test can be used to identify asymptomatic FCoV shedding cats so steps can be taken to isolate them from other cats or to prevent their introduction to a resident population. Samples required for the fecal RT-PCR screening test are 2-5 grams fresh feces. When screening an individual cat in a multi-cat household it is important to positively identify the source of the fecal sample. Mixing of fecal samples from multiple cats may result in an inaccurate result. Feces should be stored in a clean plastic bag to prevent dehydration.

In clinical FIP suspect cats, the test can also identify FCoV in ascites fluid, whole blood, plasma, serum or fresh tissues (kidney, liver, or spleen). Samples from FIP-suspects should include 1-2 ml of fluid (ascites, whole blood, serum, or plasma) or 1-2 grams of fresh tissues.

All samples should be shipped in a leak-proof container to the laboratory by overnight courier on ice packs for optimal test outcomes.

Fecal FCoV RT-PCR tests should be interpreted cautiously. Single positive or negative tests are meaningless as cats may shed intermittently or may be recently infected. To be identified as a chronic shedding carrier, a cat should be fecal virus positive on multiple tests over an 8-month period. A cat that tests negative on monthly tests over a 5-month period of time may be considered a non-shedder. (Addie D.D., Jarrett O. 2001 Use of a reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for monitoring the shedding of feline coronavirus by healthy cats. Veterinary Record. Vol 148. pp. 649-653.)

In a cat with clinical signs consistent with FIP, FCoV RT-PCR positive results on fluids or tissues may indicate active FIP. FCoV RT-PCR positive results in tissues from a clinically normal cat are only indicative of infection with FCoV.

DL-931 11/07

This post has been edited by basilisk: Dec 16 2020, 02:32 PM
basilisk
post Dec 16 2020, 02:46 PM

29 posts

More to read about Fcov and Fip.

https://icatcare.org/advice/feline-infectio...eritonitis-fip/

lazy to read.. = no cure..... no medicine
IpohGuyz
post Dec 16 2020, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Dec 16 2020, 02:46 PM)
More to read about Fcov and Fip.

https://icatcare.org/advice/feline-infectio...eritonitis-fip/

lazy to read.. = no cure..... no medicine
Ya. Mixed up. Just clarified with vet also. Fcov positive but no fip symptom 😄
IpohGuyz
post Dec 20 2020, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

Trying my luck. Rescued this kitty from pasar malam last Tuesday, as he looks like will starve to death. I heading back hometown next week. Need someone to temporary take care of him from somewhere next week until Jan 2nd (you can fully adopt too if you are interested). Having bad diarrhea. Should have plenty virus. Need isolation and feed him plenty of food.

user posted image
user posted image

Selangor / KL area - I can fetch him to you

neome
post Dec 21 2020, 08:47 PM

Casual
422 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 20 2020, 12:46 AM)
Trying my luck. Rescued this kitty from pasar malam last Tuesday, as he looks like will starve to death. I heading back hometown next week. Need someone to temporary take care of him from somewhere next week until Jan 2nd (you can fully adopt too if you are interested). Having bad diarrhea. Should have plenty virus. Need isolation and feed him plenty of food.

user posted image
user posted image

Selangor / KL area - I can fetch him to you
Poor kitty cry.gif did u bring him to the vet? maybe he needs some antibiotics
IpohGuyz
post Dec 22 2020, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Dec 21 2020, 08:47 PM)
Poor kitty  cry.gif  did u bring him to the vet? maybe he needs some antibiotics
Balik kampung unable feed medicine.

Update: found a kind soul help me to take care and feed medicine. Already bring to vet
neome
post Dec 23 2020, 12:43 PM

Casual
422 posts

I remember when I first rescued my cat, he's got a very bad flu, full of phlegm and cant even open his eyes due to thick mucus covering it, went to the vet and got antibiotics and when the infection cleared, it showed his bright blue eyes wub.gif growing up hes got so many health problems since hes an indoor/outdoor cat, every 2-3 months need to go to the vet, he went into anemia and jaundiced once due to very bad flea infection, got swamped and attcked by weaver ants (kerengga) all over his body and face till now hes got ragged ears due to poisonoius ant bites laugh.gif went into very bad constipation once, feces just stuck on his butt all the time poor fella biggrin.gif and a whole lot more problems. But now hes a very healthy and handsome 3 yr old boy thumbup.gif wub.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
IpohGuyz
post Dec 23 2020, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Dec 23 2020, 12:43 PM)
I remember when I first rescued my cat, he's got a very bad flu, full of phlegm and cant even open his eyes due to thick mucus covering it, went to the vet and got antibiotics and when the infection cleared, it showed his bright blue eyes  wub.gif growing up hes got so many health problems since hes an indoor/outdoor cat, every 2-3 months need to go to the vet, he went into anemia and jaundiced once due to very bad flea infection, got swamped and attcked by weaver ants (kerengga) all over his body and face till now hes got ragged ears due to poisonoius ant bites  laugh.gif went into very bad constipation once, feces just stuck on his butt all the time poor fella  biggrin.gif and a whole lot more problems. But now hes a very healthy and handsome 3 yr old boy  thumbup.gif  wub.gif
So clever sleep hammock. None of my cats sleep that. Even if I keep put them on the hammock
neome
post Dec 23 2020, 08:34 PM

Casual
422 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 23 2020, 07:10 PM)
So clever sleep hammock. None of my cats sleep that. Even if I keep put them on the hammock
yup, this one luvs to sleep on the hammock since he was a baby til now but of course now his cage is much bigger than that smile.gif so much so I will try to make sure there is a place to hang the hammock at the boarding place if I hav to send him for boarding rolleyes.gif
itekderp
post Dec 23 2020, 11:05 PM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Dec 23 2020, 07:10 PM)
Just cat things. You give them super luxury bedding they go sleep on newspaper. Truestory
SpringBiscuit
post Dec 28 2020, 09:57 AM

On my way
683 posts

Hi guys, is there any effective way to remove cat urine odor? My newly moved in neighbour has 2 cat that are constantly coming into our home, and now my living room started to smell of cat urine, is there any tool to remove them? Thanks.
basilisk
post Dec 28 2020, 12:42 PM

29 posts

discourage the cat frm coming over is the best choice.
auto siren, auto sprinkler etc..
jess7
post Dec 30 2020, 01:03 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Dec 23 2020, 12:43 PM)
I remember when I first rescued my cat, he's got a very bad flu, full of phlegm and cant even open his eyes due to thick mucus covering it, went to the vet and got antibiotics and when the infection cleared, it showed his bright blue eyes  wub.gif growing up hes got so many health problems since hes an indoor/outdoor cat, every 2-3 months need to go to the vet, he went into anemia and jaundiced once due to very bad flea infection, got swamped and attcked by weaver ants (kerengga) all over his body and face till now hes got ragged ears due to poisonoius ant bites  laugh.gif went into very bad constipation once, feces just stuck on his butt all the time poor fella  biggrin.gif and a whole lot more problems. But now hes a very healthy and handsome 3 yr old boy  thumbup.gif  wub.gif
THE POSE IN THE HAMMOCK!
so freaking adorable!
i have 3 cats and only one loves the hammock too!

user posted image
zenzero123 P
post Dec 30 2020, 02:24 PM

Probation
1 posts

Just rescued an orphaned kitten a month ago on my roof.. now it is the source of happiness for my family biggrin.gif

ps: got too much time during CMCO period and made a video for it...
zenzero123 P
post Dec 30 2020, 02:47 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(zenzero123 @ Dec 30 2020, 02:24 PM)
Just rescued an orphaned kitten a month ago on my roof.. now it is the source of happiness for my family  biggrin.gif

ps: got too much time during CMCO period and made a video for it...
off_shore
post Jan 6 2021, 12:01 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Hi,

I m new to being a cat owner. I know wet food is generally discouraged since it gives bad oral health but I feed my cat one pack a day and split into breakfast and dinner. In between royal canin gibbles if she is hungry and at night too.

Can I know what wet food is recommended ya? I tried royal canin kitten and pro diet kitten, my cat is leaning towards pro diet. Not sure if I should continue to feed her with this brand that will cause health implications in the long run?
basilisk
post Jan 6 2021, 01:01 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(off_shore @ Jan 6 2021, 12:01 AM)
Hi,

I m new to being a cat owner. I know wet food is generally discouraged since it gives bad oral health but I feed my cat one pack a day and split into breakfast and dinner. In between royal canin gibbles if she is hungry and at night too.

Can I know what wet food is recommended ya? I tried royal canin kitten and pro diet kitten, my cat is leaning towards pro diet. Not sure if I should continue to feed her with this brand that will cause health implications in the long run?
wet food provides moisture/water for the cat. which is good.
generally cat doesn't drink enough water.
if the cat is prone to develope stones, after several years of dry food, enough crystals will have developed and cause serious complications.

even dry food, if the cat likes to swallow like vacuum, it wont clean the cat's teeth.

you need to brush the cat's teeth , tht's wht i do.

if you can afford you can buy better quality wet food.

scroll back a few pages, to read more info previously posted.

137 Pages « < 133 134 135 136 137 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd March 2021 - 12:32 AM