Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

IpohGuyz
post Aug 1 2020, 04:40 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(hirano @ Jul 13 2020, 10:41 PM)
Didn't have this experience before. But is this cat vomitting hairball or really sick sick?

Cat is not eating also today.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

is your cat vaccinated? if not, must bring to vet asap to check. maybe kena parvo virus. my cat died to parvo. no eat vomit N times a day like this is the symptom. parvo will destroy their digestion system.

if already vaccinated then no issue i guess. but better bring to vet if continue vomit tomorrow.
IpohGuyz
post Aug 1 2020, 04:44 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(budaken @ Jun 25 2020, 10:09 PM)
Checking in.
Adopted a white persian a 3 weeks ago and during my bringing her home,my mistake is not preparing a proper sleeping area and toys beforehand. Only preparing litter box, food and drink bowl. She’s currently accustomed to sleeping on my head pillow and always bites me randomly when I try to pet her. Now I’ve bought few bell ball and feathered rat toy, one scratch box and also a bed.

I’ve managed to play around with her using the toys, only a few issues that I need advice is:
1. How do I move her from sleeping on my pillow to the bed I’ve bought? Every time  I try to move her, she will move out of the bed to the floor, and in 5-10 minutes, run to the pillow.
2. How do I stop her from scratching my blanket? She always uses her nails and now I’ve had quite a lot of scratches.
3. How do I stop her from biting when I try to pet her?
#1. it's blessed. next time you want her sleep on your pillow also can't already when become adult.
#2. can't prevent. become habit liao.lock your room or trim her nails occasionally.
#3. bite you is sayang you. unless you super pain on that bite. have to differentiate really bite you because dun like or sayang
IpohGuyz
post Aug 3 2020, 03:47 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(BeverlyHills @ Aug 1 2020, 11:52 PM)
To me all symptoms is like parvo virus.
If his immune system is strong enough (Parvo virus like any other viruses can't treat with meds) he might manage to overcome it him self.
Very very lucky cat. And u did a right job that forced him to drink.
Mine didnt survive when took clinic put on emergency care 😭 its a dillema to take clinic or not also. 50/50 chance, dr say. Read internet some cat will recover on own even if parvo.
IpohGuyz
post Aug 22 2020, 09:01 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Conymimi @ Aug 12 2020, 04:51 AM)
I adopted a kitten about 1.5months back..  He is about 6months now but underweight 1.7kg sad.gif

I been feeding him RC Kitten wet food but the problem is my kitten don't eat alot. He can do maximum 1.5 pouches a day and hardly eat the kibbles which is there 24/7. The recommended portion is 3 wet pouch a day so I'm worried he is not getting the nutrients that he needed. As it is the ingredients on RC kitten wet food is also highly questionable.

I tried other brands of wet food i.e. carnilove, brits, hills which he won't eat either. Visited few vets cause he seems to have breathing problem and all give me diff answer.. ranging from flu, pneumonia, asthma and the latest one FIP!!!

While I'm still on my quest to find a vet that could properly diagnosed the cause of his breathing issue, any recomendation of good wet kitten food that I could help to boost his immune system or perhaps something that he dont have to eat a lot but meet the nutrients that he needed?
Try wet food. Sheba or ciao. Not sure specifically for kitten or not, but my cats surely like those. Very fast finish eat. As long as they eat, i think its fine.

IpohGuyz
post Aug 22 2020, 09:06 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Aug 12 2020, 04:25 PM)
Just a question for those who have cats.....say if I have a indoor cat and I would need to go off for 2-3 days, is it okie to keep it in a cage with ample space?
Internet say its a bad idea to leave for more than 24 hours. Cat will get restless waiting for you and no human around.

Which is quite true. Sometimes i lock my cat in room and i at living room for half a day, they will start scratching the door want to get out

Boarding is the best. But yeah, will kena infection. I kena once out of 5 times. waste my medical fee. For me less than 48 hours still can try? Anymore not sure. For sure they wont die but emotional impact, no idea
IpohGuyz
post Sep 1 2020, 08:06 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(KamisF @ Aug 25 2020, 07:02 PM)
i went to vet to vaccine my kittens after work, damn the vet charge night time vaccine rm 90, if come day time rm 55, late 8 min only, dunno vet got such charge 😡
got such thing? lol. ban that vet lo
IpohGuyz
post Oct 23 2020, 01:30 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Oct 23 2020, 08:50 AM)
[attachmentid=10647193]

My cat neuter until today more than 1 month still in recovering the wound.
Now left small hole. Still got watery come out but not much.. It's like 1 week already the hole still like that.

My another cat, when the wound become the small hole, it took 2 days to close.
omg, you fast fast bring to clinic. they will give you gel to apply to close the wound. wound should be close in 1 week+ after applying. don't let it like that. they are at risk kena virus and if kena parvo virus, can die.
IpohGuyz
post Oct 23 2020, 01:35 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 17 2020, 11:26 AM)
Depends, unless can get free shipping or discounted shipping, the total cost is gona be more than shop price. Esp for heavy stuffs like cat litter, big bag of food etc.
i always buy from shop before mco, but mco force me to go online. after online never back to retail already. generally can get rm10+ cheaper for the food i usually buy and no need i susah payah carry big bag home. got risk and disappointment thought, sometimes receive the big bag kibbles not air tight when usually it's airtight.
IpohGuyz
post Oct 23 2020, 01:49 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 6 2020, 04:42 PM)
So....finally am pulling the trigger and getting a cat since there's a stray hybrid munchkin that was found.......lol...

Some quick Q,
1) Which litter sand type is good? I read that there's tofu and all so what do you guys use? I stay in a condo and would like to have as minimal smell as possible.
For sure it's tofu, you can try every brand until ones suit you. At first i kedekut buy those rm 10+ sand. so messy and troublesome to clean. tofu is cleaner and easier to dispose to toilet.

2) I am planning to go with dry food ( kibbles ) as much as I can. In terms of general health, any supplements that I should add in?  I also read that it's good for them to consume raw food. Am thinking that I can get some raw salmon for cheaps so if it's good for the cat, why not?
i am mixing kibbles with wet can food (once in few days). not sure this is good formula, but they are approaching 2 years old now.

3) How often do they really scratch? I have things on the ground that I really don't want it to be scratched as it's expensive so am trying to figure out how to avoid it.........
they scratch every single thing. you buy toy for them, they will still scratch others. unless you hardworking cut their nails weekly, which i don't.

4) Vaccine, what is compulsory? How often to deflea/deworm?
must vaccine, or you will regret. deworm comes with vaccine, do together. rm 8 only for deworm. dr say deworm every 3 months, but some lazy is once a year. mine is one a year deworm, not because i lazy but i only aware of dr say every 3 months recently.

more guides for raising cats that i sharing as per my experience.

https://catanswer.blogspot.com/

IpohGuyz
post Oct 30 2020, 09:55 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(silvaco22 @ Oct 29 2020, 12:46 PM)
any good recommendation for good dry food for cat?
if you want follow my pattern:-
rc, totw, iams. now equilibrio

they like totw but i notice not suitable for my cats. fur drop. now equilibrio much lesser fur drop.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 4 2020, 11:22 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 4 2020, 02:41 PM)
Last time they(not sure is manufacturer or shipper) poke alot of holes on the packaging to release air. This actually will contaminate the food. Then early this year, they didn't do it. Current batch, I'm not sure.
last year i buy alot totw don't have hole leh. i think is the shop issue. yeah if the packaging is suppose air tight but end up non air tight, sure got small hole air masuk d. contaminated.

IpohGuyz
post Nov 5 2020, 12:22 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Nov 2 2020, 12:50 PM)
A little update..perhaps it's not a munchkin hybrid but not sure why her legs are so short....manage to transfer her out from KL through a transporter...healthy and playful. Anybody can identify what kinda breed? Am sure it's not pure but what mix what maybe? lol

One thing though she likes to bite and scratch so any tips to make sure they don't do that will be much appreciated. biggrin.gif

user posted image
soooooo cute. yeah as someone mentioned calico mix with long hair it seems. she is as cute as my kitten when young, and he turns out to be like this now at 1+ year old. you must keep her! mine is american bobtail, from my mapping with book/google image haha. short legs too. dunno pure or mix.

user posted image

IpohGuyz
post Nov 5 2020, 12:24 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 4 2020, 11:45 PM)
[CODE]

maybe you did not notice it. it was very tiny needle pin hole perforated holes on both sides. Rows and rows.

that is y most of the totw 7kg is wrapped in transparent plastic bags.

i have posted this earlier in here. leme get tht post in a while.
around last year, the shop i usually buy say new packing no more transparent plastic bag. after buy 2 more round, i switch to equilibrio d. this year i never buy any totw. but anyway, i macam never bought any air tight totw if i no remember wrong lol. i didn't even know they have airtight version?
IpohGuyz
post Nov 5 2020, 02:54 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Nov 5 2020, 01:42 PM)
Woah......looks freaking nice. lol.....How do you deal with the hair loss? I would imagine they do shed quite abit? Mind sharing how you control the hair loss?
it's impossible not to have hair loss. just change brand of dry food until you notice they drop less fur. not shed abit, shed alot lol. if you find the formula until almost 0 hair loss, do let me know lol. vet also ask me brush their hair at least once a week. but i malas. i brush when i feel like it only.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 5 2020, 02:55 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(victorsoo @ Nov 5 2020, 02:50 PM)
Hmm, someone asked something similar before in the past and I suggested this netting that I am using for my house.

user posted image

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

ya, this works. needs strong one. mosquito netting too soft, their claw will claw a hole and run away
IpohGuyz
post Nov 5 2020, 11:54 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:29 PM)
I suppose 0 hair loss is definitely impossible but as you mentioned, minimizing..ahah....as of now, the kitten hasn't lost much hair; frankly, I am very surprise that it has lost very little hair but maybe cause it's a kitten. I'll continue to monitor and am trying to avoid too much salt in it's food. Hard to get it to eat kibbles, unsure why.......

Which wetfood are you using?
kitten wont drop much hair. after 6 months maybe you will start notice. i buying ciao. quite expensive rm4 per can. but smells tasty like our human food. sometimes nearly put my finger on my mouth after serving them, when finger terkena the food.

the kibble brand maybe kitten don't like. but if hungry will eventually eat la. no need worry
IpohGuyz
post Nov 7 2020, 04:58 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(jaswwp @ Nov 4 2020, 12:26 PM)
Thanks. I currently have Prodiet kitten, not sure if they are interested to eat, will try and see. The mum is eating that now + RC, we mix mix. Since I heard lactating mum can eat kitten kibble so I got Prodiet that time then later bought RC to mix in. Do you think RC is ok for cat approx age 5 to eat long term? I probably will keep the mum if she doesn't run away after the kittens find new homes. Just a stray cat breed but having a few health issues according to vet. Im trying my best to help her, she's in recovery from mange, respiratory infection and her BUN level from blood test is at the border (Vet says kidney not very good but still within the acceptable range, so should not feed too much wet food)
keep all the cats la. you might change your mind after seeing this video

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Nov 7 2020, 05:01 PM
IpohGuyz
post Nov 10 2020, 03:26 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(kahwaiCoyG @ Nov 10 2020, 01:59 PM)
Hi all, any good vet for spaying/neutering my cat in KL/Cheras/PJ area?
Thanks
sg buloh if you want. can pm. can't say good or bad. but so far it's 3/3 success for my cats.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 12 2020, 12:03 AM

44 posts

as long as got gap, the cat will able squeeze out. i bought a cage and leave the door open but facing the wall, so it's blocked. the cat still able squeeze out with few cm of gap.

don't bet on balcony please. unless got net and with your supervision, it's super dangerous. cat sometimes are dumb and do silly things
IpohGuyz
post Nov 12 2020, 04:34 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(jaswwp @ Nov 12 2020, 12:46 PM)
I have 2 kids at home and 2 people with sinus problem. 1 cat still can manage but I think 4 is difficult.
too bad. then hope you can find ppl do adopt all 3 of them. btw on unrelated note. buying air purifier will help

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Nov 12 2020, 04:35 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 06:57 AM