Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2017, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(sushibaby_82 @ Aug 17 2017, 12:44 AM)
Hi All,

I stumbled upon this forum when I'm in search for a replacement diamond ring for my recently misplaced engagement ring.

May I check if it's possible for the sifus here to help advise if the below is a good choice of loose diamond w excellent cut and lights returning.

Shape - Round
Depth - 62.1%
Table - 56%
Crown angle - 35 degrees / 15.5%
Pavilion angle - 40.8 degrees / 43%
Girdle -  Medium to slightly thick (faceted) 3.5%
Star - 50%
Lower girdle - 75%
Cutlet - None
Polish and Symmetry - Excellent
Color - F
Clarity - VS2

Looking forward to your kind advice.

Many thanks!
Ouch. Misplaced?!

Anyway, the proportions looks good. GIA graded?
sushibaby_82
post Aug 17 2017, 09:26 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 17 2017, 01:55 AM)
Ouch. Misplaced?!

Anyway, the proportions looks good. GIA graded?
Yes misplaced...it's a heart-wrenching experience... cry.gif
Worst off because I used to play w the ring when I was driving, hence, now whenever I drive, it'll keep reminding me about the ring loss incident...that's why need to slowly look for a replacement...

But for the next purchase, I wanted to consider an upgrade, hence need to do selection carefully and best is to ask for advice from sifus here lo...

So, based on the above-given proportion, is this considered an excellent cut diamond with excellent lights return? and Yes, GIA graded... biggrin.gif

kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2017, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(sushibaby_82 @ Aug 17 2017, 09:26 AM)
Yes misplaced...it's a heart-wrenching experience... cry.gif
Worst off because I used to play w the ring when I was driving, hence, now whenever I drive, it'll keep reminding me about the ring loss incident...that's why need to slowly look for a replacement...

But for the next purchase, I wanted to consider an upgrade, hence need to do selection carefully and best is to ask for advice from sifus here lo...

So, based on the above-given proportion, is this considered an excellent cut diamond with excellent lights return? and Yes, GIA graded... biggrin.gif
Based on HCA, it scores a 1.6, so proportions wise, I would say it is good. However, excellent proportions does not equate to excellent cut. The numbers in the proportions are based on averages and even rounding. To make sure you are getting a diamond that is cut to an excellent standard, you need to take a look at the actual diamond / actual diamond image. If there are Hearts & Arrows image and IdealScope image, it is even better.

If the diamond is available physically in-store, then you can request the sales consultant to provide you the Hearts & Arrows scope for your to view the arrows from the top of the diamond, and the hearts from the bottom of the diamond. And at the same time, you can request the sales consultant to let you view the diamond under various environment, in the showroom, where spot lights are placed, and also under normal office light (can use their back office probably), and see if it performs well / performs in a way that captures your eyes and heart. You can also request to view it under sun light if situation permits.

If you are buying online, you will need to find reputable jewelers and also view the actual diamond image if the diamond is not with them.

Just remember, the better the precision, the more expensive the diamond will be. So if something is too good to be true, then it may really be too good to be true. You will need to evaluate the diamond carefully.

If you are concerned about the price, then it will be best if you do survey online first. Audrey's Malaysia (http://www.audreys.com.my/) is a good place to start. Their online site lists out the prices for different diamonds. You can also try BlueNile (https://www.bluenile.com/), an US online based vendor. For me, I usually use WhiteFlash (https://www.whiteflash.com/) because I am affiliated to them and they sell pretty high quality AGS graded diamonds.

If you don't mind, you can share the GIA cert number here as well.

You can also place your GIA cert number into Enchanted Cut Score Calculator: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/cut-score-calculator and see what is the score returned. It will be best if the score is 97% above.

You also have the AGA/NAJA Cut Class Grader that you can use the evaluate your diamond:
https://www.pricescope.com/tools/AGA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader

Please note that the tools listed are just for reference purpose. I would still encourage you to view the diamond before you make your purchase.

Hope this helps and good luck.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Aug 17 2017, 09:52 AM
sushibaby_82
post Aug 17 2017, 11:11 AM

0 posts

Oh, thanks for your detailed explanation.

But, how do I compute the depth in mm, if you could share?
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2017, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(sushibaby_82 @ Aug 17 2017, 11:11 AM)
Oh, thanks for your detailed explanation.

But, how do I compute the depth in mm, if you could share?
Attached Image

It's written on the cert.
sushibaby_82
post Aug 17 2017, 11:40 AM

0 posts

Sorry, cant differentiate.

4.74-4.76 is not the length?
2.98 should be width, no?
chiahau
post Aug 17 2017, 12:39 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

Helping a friend to ask -

What's the going rate for 1 carat G/H color range, VVS1/VVS2 with a decent cut?
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2017, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(sushibaby_82 @ Aug 17 2017, 11:40 AM)
Sorry, cant differentiate.

4.74-4.76 is not the length?
2.98 should be width, no?
4.74 x 4.76 x 2.98 =
length x width x depth
sushibaby_82
post Aug 17 2017, 05:11 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 17 2017, 11:30 AM)
Attached Image

It's written on the cert.
QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 17 2017, 12:57 PM)
4.74 x 4.76 x 2.98 =
length x width x depth
Oh okok...thanks for the info sharing! rclxms.gif
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2017, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Aug 17 2017, 12:39 PM)
Helping a friend to ask -

What's the going rate for 1 carat G/H color range, VVS1/VVS2 with a decent cut?
Just checked on Audrey's: Between RM 35,000 to RM 47,000. 3 EX.

Alternatively: 1.048 ct G VVS2 A CUT ABOVEĀ® Hearts and Arrows Diamond (affiliate link) @ USD 8871. Approximately RM 40,904.18.

Comment: Other than the complains I have with the arrows at the 6 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. This piece is good.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Aug 17 2017, 06:16 PM
chiahau
post Aug 17 2017, 09:15 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 17 2017, 06:15 PM)
Just checked on Audrey's: Between RM 35,000 to RM 47,000. 3 EX.

Alternatively: 1.048 ct G VVS2 A CUT ABOVEĀ® Hearts and Arrows Diamond (affiliate link) @ USD 8871. Approximately RM 40,904.18.

Comment: Other than the complains I have with the arrows at the 6 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. This piece is good.

Hope this helps.
Nah, he's set for conventional diamond instead of hearts and arrows.

A platinum band would set him back another 5k~10k, at most?
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2017, 06:33 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Aug 17 2017, 09:15 PM)
Nah, he's set for conventional diamond instead of hearts and arrows.

A platinum band would set him back another 5k~10k, at most?
Hearts and Arrows is actually conventional round brilliant. It is just that the Japanese cut the round brilliant til so precise that they observe this so called Hearts and Arrows patterning when they view from the bottom of the diamond. Hence, Hearts and Arrows is more like how precise the round brilliant is. Those that are precise will come with a premium.

5k to 10k? More than enough I supposed. Last heard Memory jewellery set a platium ring with side stones at RM 2.5k, but that is for a 40-pointer. Can always ask them or other vendors for current price. Also need to ask them how heavy is the platinum that is going to be used and what quality will be the side stones ig using any.

Hope this helps.

elite_smart
post Aug 18 2017, 07:11 PM

48 posts

Hi,

May I know any comments for the 2 diamonds below:

Diamond 1
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...ond-3876850.htm

Diamond 2
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...ond-3855472.htm

Any recommendations for custom made jeweller around KL?

Thank you.
kambingkoh
post Aug 19 2017, 07:53 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(elite_smart @ Aug 18 2017, 07:11 PM)
Hi,

May I know any comments for the 2 diamonds below:

Diamond 1
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...ond-3876850.htm

Diamond 2
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...ond-3855472.htm

Any recommendations for custom made jeweller around KL?

Thank you.
Diamond 1 is slightly larger face-up if you look at the dimensions. The arrows on diamond 1 also looks prettier, although there are still some minor things to complain. If you look at ASET, you see some slight green light on the table of diamond 1. Green light means less intense light return, but in diamond 1 case, it is very very minor and we can ignore it. Besides, it is not picked up by the AGS ASET if you refer to the cert. Hearts and Arrows of this diamond is beautiful. D IF comes with a very high premium due to rarity.

Diamond 2's arrows is not as nice as diamond 1's. Other than that, they are pretty comparable.

iDo Jewellery did a pretty good job for custom rings, but most mettings will be in cafe at bukit jalil. She said that her ring contians palladium and not nickel, so it won't cause allergy (hypoallergenic), generally speaking.

Memory jewellery offers the best price for me so far. They have a shop at Sentul area. Their ring content contains nickel though, but the price can justify it (for my case, ready made setting for a 0.53ct at the price of RM 750). Also, most people are not allergy to nickel. Their platinum costs around 2500 and comes with side stones. This was the price another forumer told me when he went to set his 40-pointer.

Another option is Eumayco Jewellery at Bangsar South. Simple solitaire should be more or less RM 1500. Not sure about their ring contents though.

Overall, you are encouraged to check what is the remaining 25% 18k white gold content (75% is gold). Also, check the weight of the gold in terms of grams.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

elite_smart
post Aug 20 2017, 01:01 AM

48 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 19 2017, 07:53 AM)
Diamond 1 is slightly larger face-up if you look at the dimensions. The arrows on diamond 1 also looks prettier, although there are still some minor things to complain. If you look at ASET, you see some slight green light on the table of diamond 1. Green light means less intense light return, but in diamond 1 case, it is very very minor and we can ignore it. Besides, it is not picked up by the AGS ASET if you refer to the cert. Hearts and Arrows of this diamond is beautiful. D IF comes with a very high premium due to rarity.

Diamond 2's arrows is not as nice as diamond 1's. Other than that, they are pretty comparable.

iDo Jewellery did a pretty good job for custom rings, but most mettings will be in cafe at bukit jalil. She said that her ring contians palladium and not nickel, so it won't cause allergy (hypoallergenic), generally speaking.

Memory jewellery offers the best price for me so far. They have a shop at Sentul area. Their ring content contains nickel though, but the price can justify it (for my case, ready made setting for a 0.53ct at the price of RM 750). Also, most people are not allergy to nickel. Their platinum costs around 2500 and comes with side stones. This was the price another forumer told me when he went to set his 40-pointer.

Another option is Eumayco Jewellery at Bangsar South. Simple solitaire should be more or less RM 1500. Not sure about their ring contents though.

Overall, you are encouraged to check what is the remaining 25% 18k white gold content (75% is gold). Also, check the weight of the gold in terms of grams.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thank you very much. Any ideas about the duties / GST to pay upon import?

kambingkoh
post Aug 20 2017, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(elite_smart @ Aug 20 2017, 01:01 AM)
Thank you very much. Any ideas about the duties / GST to pay upon import?
It will be [diamond price + shipment price (approximately 55 i guess) + insurance (1% of diamond price)] x 6% GST. Let's say diamond price is USD 1500, add shipment will be USD 1555, add insurance will be USD 1500 x 1% = USD 15. So total will be USD 1570 (approximately). So as you can see, 6% GST on the USD 70 will be quite minimal. That's why I call it misc. charges.

unreal03253
post Aug 30 2017, 11:21 PM

6 posts

Hi All,

may i get your opinion on below diamond:-

March 09, 2017
GIA Report Number ....................................................... 7258102735
Shape and Cutting Style ........................................... Round Brilliant
Measurements ............................................... 4.69 - 4.72 x 2.94 mm
Carat Weight ........................................................................ 0.40 carat
Color Grade ........................................................................................ D
Clarity Grade .................................................................................. VVS2
Cut Grade ............................................................................. Very Good
Polish ..................................................................................... Excellent
Symmetry .............................................................................. Excellent
Fluorescence ............................................................................... None
Clarity Characteristics................................................ Cloud, Pinpoint

thinking of getting it. quotation was around 5.5k for diamond itself.

thanks all rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GIA_cert.pdf ( 403.97k ) Number of downloads: 15
kambingkoh
post Aug 31 2017, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(unreal03253 @ Aug 30 2017, 11:21 PM)
Hi All,

may i get your opinion on below diamond:-

March 09, 2017
GIA Report Number ....................................................... 7258102735
Shape and Cutting Style ........................................... Round Brilliant
Measurements ............................................... 4.69 - 4.72 x 2.94 mm
Carat Weight ........................................................................ 0.40 carat
Color Grade ........................................................................................ D
Clarity Grade .................................................................................. VVS2
Cut Grade ............................................................................. Very Good
Polish ..................................................................................... Excellent
Symmetry .............................................................................. Excellent
Fluorescence ............................................................................... None
Clarity Characteristics................................................ Cloud, Pinpoint

thinking of getting it. quotation was around 5.5k for diamond itself.

thanks all  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Cut grade: Very Good - NO NO! This is not even Triple Excellent!
kambingkoh
post Aug 31 2017, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

For those that want to know how to wire transfer money to buy diamonds from WhiteFlash, feel free to look at my new blog post:

https://myengagementringexperience.blogspot...sh-via-m2u.html

For those that prefer GIA graded diamonds, feel free to visit Zoara, which I am now affiliated to smile.gif. They provide actual diamond image that can help you make a better judgement when purchasing GIA graded diamonds! And they provide free shipment to Malaysia (but has a a flat cost of USD 30 for handling and insurance). So add on the amount to your final price.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Aug 31 2017, 01:39 PM
joeaggas
post Sep 13 2017, 01:33 AM

Casual
362 posts

What is the re-sellable value of diamond engagement ring?
May 14, 2004
GIA Report Number ....................................................... 13459919
Measurements ............................................... 4.47 - 4.50 x 2.79 mm
Carat Weight ........................................................................ 0.34 carat
Color Grade ........................................................................................ E
Clarity Grade .................................................................................. VS1
Polish ..................................................................................... Good
Symmetry .............................................................................. Very good
Clarity Characteristics................................................ Feather, Pinpoint

Source of item : broken engagement.

228 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:04 AM