Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

roxx
post Apr 4 2021, 08:19 AM

T O P K E K
748 posts

Anyone tint their car with rhinepro black beauty series?

Does the night vision is real or just hype?
ry8128
post Apr 4 2021, 11:07 PM

♣Just a noob♣
2,861 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Mar 31 2021, 02:15 PM)
I've been using Hamel Royale for my CX-5 for the past 3 years.
I'm quite pleased with their performance, considering the price paid.
So far no discolouration, bubbling, etc. The heat rejection still the same as per before.

Early this year I changed the front tint to VKool V40 as I used the windscreen insurance.
From memory, the heat rejection of Hamel is comparable to the more expensive VKool.
Windscreen insurance can use for changing tint?
firdauskop_3010
post Apr 5 2021, 05:13 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Apr 4 2021, 11:07 PM)
Hi, since you r using Vkool 40 windscreen, do you encounter smart tag problem + waze and bad receptition smartphone signal?
widget
post Apr 5 2021, 10:01 AM

Regular
1,078 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Apr 4 2021, 11:07 PM)
Only if you changed windscreen first at authorised installers or service centre.
The balance from insurance coverage after deducting the windscreen replacement costs can be used for tinting costs, at the discretion of the insurers
ry8128
post Apr 5 2021, 10:37 AM

♣Just a noob♣
2,861 posts

QUOTE(firdauskop_3010 @ Apr 5 2021, 05:13 AM)
Hi, since you r using Vkool 40 windscreen, do you encounter smart tag problem + waze and bad receptition smartphone signal?
I am not using vkool.

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 5 2021, 10:01 AM)
Only if you changed windscreen first at authorised installers or service centre.
The balance from insurance coverage after deducting the windscreen replacement costs can be used for tinting costs, at the discretion of the insurers
Ah, icic, ok. Btw, is there any rules like need to have a waiting period before utilising the windscreen insurance? Eg, I bought windscreen this year, but I can’t use it. I need to wait 1 year then only can use it, as the insurance company worry we abuse it.
widget
post Apr 5 2021, 12:13 PM

Regular
1,078 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Apr 5 2021, 10:37 AM)
Ah, icic, ok. Btw, is there any rules like need to have a waiting period before utilising the windscreen insurance? Eg, I bought windscreen this year, but I can’t use it. I need to wait 1 year then only can use it, as the insurance company worry we abuse it.
I'm not sure whether there is a waiting period. You should check with your car insurance agent (if you have any), or those working in the industry.

What I know is, some insurance companies require you to make a police report first and submit the police report when you want to claim for the windscreen replacement.
The Service Center or the insurance panel windscreen installer will advise you if your insurance policy require you to submit the police report when claiming

QUOTE(firdauskop_3010 @ Apr 5 2021, 05:13 AM)
I believed your question is directed to me as I'm the one who is using VKool 40.
V40 is a very good tint, with very good heat rejection and clear driving visibility from the inside as windscreen tint even though it's VLT is a bit low at 40%.

For SmartTag, I have to slow down when approaching ST lanes and sometimes have to make a complete stop for the ST reader to detect.
On some ST lanes in DUKE, my ST can't be detected at all even if I've made a complete stop.

As for Waze and handphone signal, no issue at all.
I also have no problem for my dashcam Thinkware F800Pro to lock the GPS reception after 2-3 minutes driving.

This post has been edited by widget: Apr 5 2021, 12:27 PM
agilen
post Apr 5 2021, 04:26 PM

17 posts

I'm looking for tint for my new X70 premium... tq
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 5 2021, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Apr 5 2021, 11:37 AM)
I am not using vkool.
Usually 1 month after insurance renewal otherwise you required to make police report
ry8128
post Apr 5 2021, 08:09 PM

♣Just a noob♣
2,861 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 5 2021, 07:50 PM)
Usually 1 month after insurance renewal otherwise you required to make police report
Meaning if within 1 month, will need police report. If few months or half a year for example, then normally not required. Right?
firdauskop_3010
post Apr 6 2021, 11:36 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 5 2021, 12:13 PM)
I'm not sure whether there is a waiting period. You should check with your car insurance agent (if you have any), or those working in the industry.

What I know is, some insurance companies require you to make a police report first and submit the police report when you want to claim for the windscreen replacement.
The Service Center or the insurance panel windscreen installer will advise you if your insurance policy require you to submit the police report when claiming
I believed your question is directed to me as I'm the one who is using VKool 40.
V40 is a very good tint, with very good heat rejection and clear driving visibility from the inside as windscreen tint even though it's VLT is a bit low at 40%.

For SmartTag, I have to slow down when approaching ST lanes and sometimes have to make a complete stop for the ST reader to detect.
On some ST lanes in DUKE, my ST can't be detected at all even if I've made a complete stop.

As for Waze and handphone signal, no issue at all.
I also have no problem for my dashcam Thinkware F800Pro to lock the GPS reception after 2-3 minutes driving.
Thanks for honest review! i just contemplate to change to vkool tint but afraid will spoil the demister/ heater line at the back when removing old tint cry.gif
<-- no content -->
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 6 2021, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(firdauskop_3010 @ Apr 6 2021, 12:36 PM)
Thanks for honest review! i just contemplate to change to vkool tint but afraid will spoil the demister/ heater line at the back when removing old tint  cry.gif
In case the demister is spoiled, break it and claim insurance LOL
ktek
post Apr 6 2021, 10:40 PM

워터파크
9,468 posts

QUOTE(firdauskop_3010 @ Apr 6 2021, 11:36 AM)
Thanks for honest review! i just contemplate to change to vkool tint but afraid will spoil the demister/ heater line at the back when removing old tint  cry.gif
i curious when do u demist
kirakun
post Apr 6 2021, 10:41 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 6 2021, 09:42 PM)
In case the demister is spoiled, break it and claim insurance LOL
That seem to be a little extreme resort lol.

Anyway don't think the demister is of great importance though. Frankly speaking, almost never needed to turn on the demister in all my cars for the past i'll say more than 20 years of driving. If my memory served me still, the last time i turned on the demister was when i drove a nissan sunny during rainy day at wee hours of the morning and the AC wasn't cold enough causing mist all over the windows. Since then never faced such issue on newer cars hence almost forgot there is a demister in the car biggrin.gif .
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 7 2021, 08:22 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Apr 6 2021, 11:41 PM)
That seem to be a little extreme resort lol.

Anyway don't think the demister is of great importance though. Frankly speaking, almost never needed to turn on the demister in all my cars for the past i'll say more than 20 years of driving. If my memory served me still, the last time i turned on the demister was when i drove a nissan sunny during rainy day at wee hours of the morning and the AC wasn't cold enough causing mist all over the windows. Since then never faced such issue on newer cars hence almost forgot there is a demister in the car  biggrin.gif .
Yes I agree that the demister is pretty useless in Malaysia with all day long summer weather unless you are staying in high altitude area
[email protected]
post Apr 7 2021, 02:04 PM

41 posts

Sifus.. Anyone know what is the current price for 3M Crystalline series for full car (x50) and also anyone heard of Irispro brand before? Any reviews?

Thanks.
kengsim
post Apr 8 2021, 05:37 PM

Casual
417 posts

For protection against stone chips, what do you guys recommend? Raytech PPF, Magnus Pro, etc. Quite expensive - bumper, headlamps, side mirrors already around 3k. Worth doing? I travel a lot on the highway, so nicks and chips from rocks are a constant problem.
ry8128
post Apr 9 2021, 01:30 PM

♣Just a noob♣
2,861 posts

QUOTE(kengsim @ Apr 8 2021, 05:37 PM)
For protection against stone chips, what do you guys recommend? Raytech PPF, Magnus Pro, etc. Quite expensive - bumper, headlamps, side mirrors already around 3k. Worth doing? I travel a lot on the highway, so nicks and chips from rocks are a constant problem.
I installed raytech ppf for my headlamps only, rm800. So far so good.

But i dun recommend raytech products at all, so better get other brand's ppf
getajob
post Apr 9 2021, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 7 2021, 03:04 PM)
Sifus.. Anyone know what is the current price for 3M Crystalline series for full car (x50) and also anyone heard of Irispro brand before? Any reviews?

Thanks.
Where is ur location bro? I've a friend doing 3M. If u want the contact, u let me know...
iPhoneFag
post Apr 12 2021, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Hi, anyone used Magnus Ceramic Window Film?
Hows the price and performance?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0241sec    0.87    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 11:01 AM