Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

447 Pages « < 358 359 360 361 362 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

fong5859 P
post Mar 22 2021, 03:58 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Mar 21 2021, 05:19 PM)
great report bro.. thumbsup.gif

i am wondering  about the degradation warranty  .
why the company  cannot specify clearly on the warranty card  the % degrade/what measurement    so warranty can be claim if one day you decide  .

any folks have  claim warranty /on other brand  before  ...  can  enlighten us.  nod.gif
does the warranty state clearly what degradation  is claimable .  discolor  , loss performance  etc
Would like to know about this info also. Want to see what is the warranty coverage offered by those branded tint company. If got bubble or wavy pattern then can easily claim because it can be seen physically. But those degradation that is only detectable by meter, got promise how many % degradation after certain period?
kirakun
post Mar 22 2021, 04:16 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(fong5859 @ Mar 22 2021, 03:58 PM)
Would like to know about this info also. Want to see what is the warranty coverage offered by those branded tint company. If got bubble or wavy pattern then can easily claim because it can be seen physically. But those degradation that is only detectable by meter, got promise how many % degradation after certain period?
Taken rhinepro diamond 11 here after some survey. Warranty cover degradation as well. Can check yearly basis with their meter on heat degradation i.e. uv, irr and tser, free replacement if substantial drop found. So far so good.

This post has been edited by kirakun: Mar 31 2021, 02:06 PM
kllonely1
post Mar 22 2021, 04:33 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Mar 22 2021, 04:16 PM)
Taken rhinepro diamond 11 here after some survey. Warranty cover degradation as well. Can check yearly basis with their meter and anything beyond 5% a year on heat degradation i.e. uv, irr and tser, free replacement. So far so good.
mana dapat?
harga berapa?
Momo33
post Mar 22 2021, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Mar 22 2021, 05:16 PM)
Taken rhinepro diamond 11 here after some survey. Warranty cover degradation as well. Can check yearly basis with their meter and anything beyond 5% a year on heat degradation i.e. uv, irr and tser, free replacement. So far so good.
that s good that figures are stated as later warranty can be claim with out dispute.

cos i read in a thread here/LY ... users complain were ignored .. and i am sure you have no recourse if its not in black- white.

kirakun
post Mar 22 2021, 06:18 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(kllonely1 @ Mar 22 2021, 04:33 PM)
mana dapat?
harga berapa?
https://www.facebook.com/RhineProMalaysia/

Got mine around 10% cheaper compared to 3M crystalline. Will reserve further comment on tint quality till at least a year or 2 later.
steventyy
post Mar 23 2021, 02:58 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Mar 22 2021, 06:18 PM)

Got mine around 10% cheaper compared to 3M crystalline. Will reserve further comment on tint quality till at least a year or 2 later.
do you have any problem when using smarttag, wave or GPS?
kirakun
post Mar 23 2021, 03:23 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(steventyy @ Mar 23 2021, 02:58 PM)
EM here so no smart tags in use yet haha. But no issue with GPS, waze and gate remote signal thus far.
anhydrous
post Mar 23 2021, 07:52 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(steventyy @ Mar 23 2021, 02:58 PM)
my rhinepro diamond 11 recently installed blocks out my condo card reader

ayamxxx
post Mar 23 2021, 08:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(anhydrous @ Mar 23 2021, 07:52 PM)
my rhinepro diamond 11 recently installed blocks out my condo card reader
Your condo reader using infrared sensor while your tint block 95% ir onwards
anhydrous
post Mar 23 2021, 10:10 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 23 2021, 08:07 PM)
Your condo reader using infrared sensor while your tint block 95% ir onwards
oh is that so? didn't know what reader system my condo use.

virulence
post Mar 26 2021, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

I picked the Infusion Pro series. I initially think to not follow JPJ rules, but the SA recommend me to take the VLT complying with JPJ. For product within the same series, their IRR and UV blocking is the same (~1% different, 99-100%), the only different is just on VLT. I personally dont like the car to be too dark also so I just follow his recomendation.

Care to share SA advise on % VLT?

Thanks for sharing all the details thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by virulence: Mar 26 2021, 01:08 AM
sitescope
post Mar 26 2021, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(fong5859 @ Mar 20 2021, 01:17 AM)
My honest feedback and experience with Totalgrad,

Overall i think their tint paper is good quality. The SA got demo using the meter that check on VLT, IRR and UV but no overall TSER. SA is friendly, will explain in detail different products (if you asking).

I picked the Infusion Pro series. I initially think to not follow JPJ rules, but the SA recommend me to take the VLT complying with JPJ. For product within the same series, their IRR and UV blocking is the same (~1% different, 99-100%), the only different is just on VLT. I personally dont like the car to be too dark also so I just follow his recomendation.

Then the SA called another guy to install the tint for my car. I think is thrid party sifu. I booked the appointment time with the SA, i guess the SA also booked the time with the sifu.

Got asked few question to the sifu during installation of tint. the sifu told me my heating strip on my rear windscreen has damaged because my previous owner tear the tint himself. (to pass JPJ puspakom, i am buying second hand car from him).

Noticed a relatively big dust/chunck trapped below the rear windowscreen after applying the tint paper. Asked the sifu, he said is the leftover heating strip wor, I asked him to remove he said does not matter one (maybe lazy to redo again). I still can accept it because is at the very bottom of the rear windscreen, wont bother much or block view also. I told him if trapped like that will cause bubble later or not, the sifu said wont wor. Still got doubt on the sifu workmanship, but if really got bubble later then i go claim warranty. In one glance everything look good after installation.

I clarified with the SA on warranty. Mine one got 8 year warranty. I asked him got cover bubble forming or not, he said got. As for the degradation, i asked him how many % degrade is consider eligible for warranty, he cant give me a number, just telling me the series i choose can at least tahan 5 years with minimal degradation. Any warranty issue, just take picture and then send to their whatsapp. (I was contacted by the SA via their company whatsapp)

Tint paper quality i believe is good at least from the spec sheet. But the installation environment is not that clean. They asked me to park in front of the entrance where forklift is moving and lorry is passing by outside. I guess is dusty if compare to outside professional tint company. but the sifu will clean the windows nicely first before apply la. so depend on whether you can accept or not. Since the tint paper is applied from interior, i guess (and hope) the dust is minimal. I personnally can accept few trapped dust, as long as dont cause bubble or wavy later. If really happen then i go back to claim warranty lor.

The one i choose cost me RM799, installation fee included as long as you dont have any existing tint. I think if you require them to remove your existing tint, will cause extra RM50. Do mind also to prepare cash or have enough balance in your bank because they only receive cash or bank in, but not debit/credit card. Kilang mah, this one macam their side income only.

The installation took time close to 2 hr 30 min (SA told me max 2 hr).

But after clean all the windows and applied the tint, my car look new haha. i think a clean windows really affect a lot. They got put sticker in your window button to remind you not to use it for 2-3 days. Then lastly they want to take photo of my car, maybe want promote in their fb.

Overall i think is value for money, just that the trade off maybe not branded and the installation environment look a bit not that atas. For the same quality tint paper (neglecting degradation), other well known brand can easily cost 2k. Degradation i cant comment much and only time can tell. As for the effect of the tint, today is rainny day so i cant feel the different. If want to know then can ask me few days later.
so now after park at very hot day what's your feedback ?

This post has been edited by sitescope: Mar 26 2021, 08:54 AM
gunners_jr88 P
post Mar 26 2021, 10:45 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 26 2021, 08:53 AM)
Hi Bro, mind to share how it perform under hot sun?because the IRR look high, so want to know if it can resist heat that good.
gunners_jr88 P
post Mar 26 2021, 10:49 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(gunners_jr88 @ Mar 26 2021, 10:45 AM)
Hi Bro, mind to share how it perform under hot sun?because the IRR look high, so want to know if it can resist heat that good.
Sorry my mistake, Im asking this to fong5859 to know the tinted feedback.
gunners_jr88 P
post Mar 26 2021, 11:18 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Mar 22 2021, 06:18 PM)

Bro,u go to which outlet?mind to share how is the performance so far?and the price range also?thanks bro
fong5859 P
post Mar 28 2021, 03:47 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 26 2021, 08:53 AM)
Parked under bare hot sun for 2 hours once (didnt put those reflector shade in front window), when get in the car still can feel very hot. I guess the tint cant help in this case because the sun is heating up the windows and car body itself. Eventually the heat still can transmit into the car interior.

However, in day to day driving, when the car is moving and air cond is on, the tint work fine, at least cant feel the burning sensation when sun hit your skin.

In driving condition, i can feel the heat from the rear window if i put my hand within 1 cm, above that the heat dissipate and offset by the aircond. My honda city air cond still very cold.

Ordered from Shopee magnetic sun shade for all side windows. Will see if this will help. At least will form like an layer of insulation/air layer between the car interior and the side windows. TBH, side windows only contribute little heating compared to front and rear windows. Front windows is the most contributor of heat (Biggest area and angle also allow more sun directly hit into your car).
sitescope
post Mar 28 2021, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(fong5859 @ Mar 28 2021, 03:47 PM)
Parked under bare hot sun for 2 hours once (didnt put those reflector shade in front window), when get in the car still can feel very hot. I guess the tint cant help in this case because the sun is heating up the windows and car body itself. Eventually the heat still can transmit into the car interior.

However, in day to day driving, when the car is moving and air cond is on, the tint work fine, at least cant feel the burning sensation when sun hit your skin.

In driving condition, i can feel the heat from the rear window if i put my hand within 1 cm, above that the heat dissipate and offset by the aircond. My honda city air cond still very cold.
Ordered from Shopee magnetic sun shade for all side windows. Will see if this will help. At least will form like an layer of insulation/air layer between the car interior and the side windows. TBH, side windows only contribute little heating compared to front and rear windows. Front windows is the most contributor of heat (Biggest area and angle also allow more sun directly hit into your car).
Whats ur tser ?
More than 80% ?
virulence
post Mar 29 2021, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(fong5859 @ Mar 28 2021, 03:47 PM)
If that's the case then maybe I'll just try their RM499 package icon_rolleyes.gif
sitescope
post Mar 30 2021, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

Me at totalgard now
Took infusion pro, front side vlt 50% rear side 30%
Windscreen 65% but need to cut at rear mirror area for smarttag

Attached Image

This post has been edited by sitescope: Mar 30 2021, 10:48 AM
ayamxxx
post Mar 30 2021, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 30 2021, 10:18 AM)
Me at totalgard now
Took infusion pro, front side vlt 50% rear side 30%
Windscreen 65% but need to cut at rear mirror area for smarttag

Attached Image
later review your heat rejection on noon time. infusion pro as well, but conceded with the smart tag, using RFID now. for me I am ok with this heat rejection for the spec and price points factor

447 Pages « < 358 359 360 361 362 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 AM