QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 5 2016, 07:55 PM)
i have tried china bada power conditioner, end up using the bypass socket only.
do u find any benefit of unswitched socket?
well all my sockets are US wall outlets.....in fact I have a mixture of Furutech, Wattgate and Sine US wall outlets.
The switched wall outlet or socket has a little less dynamic and power due to impedance issue. I have both in my audio room and the US plug gives more energy to the system.
QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 08:40 PM)
I'm so glad I'm this lucky. I've heard nightmare stories of people having bad mains and dimmer switches and their toasters triggering the AC mains noise in their systems.
I'll probably get one of those shielded mains block instead of a power filter then. Thank you very much all of you!
becareful with 'shielded' stuffs...hehehehehehehehehe
in fact you can DIY a good main block by yourself....
1. get good quality screened power cords like Belden if you have the budget. If you use belden, make sure the end that goes into the wall socket, the screen/braided skin is attached to earth.
2. if budget limited, go for Fajar 4mm cable with the grey PVC....roughly RM15 to RM18 per meter
3. get a metal switch block....if you can custom make wood...even better.....the wood needs to be sprayed with paint to reduce water particle absorption
4. for metal block, you can add some bitumen aluminium strip to reduce resonance...
5. get good quality sockets.....minimum i'd get MK for UK plugs....if budget not restricted...go for Furutech....