Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

107 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY cable, Pictures of DIY cables (DIY)

views

penmarker
post Oct 5 2016, 04:52 PM

Regular
1,859 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 5 2016, 10:08 AM)
before you do anything to your power....understand what are your power issue first....

Your power cables nice bro.
Honestly, my power supply (at least in my room) has no problems at all. No ground loops, no hums, no buzz, no intermittent, no nothing. Even my turntable with phono level analog signal needs to crank up the volume high to hear any hisses.
I'm just interested and wondering about the reviews on how conditioners/filters improve the sound quality. The only problem is even the raw components are already expensive (Furutech plugs are RM500 above, cables RM100 above per meter).

And I might not be able to detect subtle changes. Except for that time when I compared original Goldring DR150 cable with PCWork Vero 150 cable. Difference was very big and immediately noticeable.
hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 05:01 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 04:52 PM)
Your power cables nice bro.
Honestly, my power supply (at least in my room) has no problems at all. No ground loops, no hums, no buzz, no intermittent, no nothing. Even my turntable with phono level analog signal needs to crank up the volume high to hear any hisses.
I'm just interested and wondering about the reviews on how conditioners/filters improve the sound quality. The only problem is even the raw components are already expensive (Furutech plugs are RM500 above, cables RM100 above per meter).

And I might not be able to detect subtle changes. Except for that time when I compared original Goldring DR150 cable with PCWork Vero 150 cable. Difference was very big and immediately noticeable.
If no issue then dont touch it....i hv tried various conditioner.....it removes dynamic for my system.....i am still running without conditioner....but my room is a separate phase by itself

My system also full analog.....pre and power on tubes too

Long term wise...u might want to invest in frank powerbank...so far this one gives me result
ktek
post Oct 5 2016, 07:55 PM

wings wings
8,073 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 5 2016, 05:01 PM)
If no issue then dont touch it....i hv tried various conditioner.....it removes dynamic for my system.....i am still running without conditioner....but my room is a separate phase by itself

Long term wise...u might want to invest in frank powerbank...so far this one gives me result
i have tried china bada power conditioner, end up using the bypass socket only.
do u find any benefit of unswitched socket?
penmarker
post Oct 5 2016, 08:40 PM

Regular
1,859 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 5 2016, 05:01 PM)

QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 5 2016, 07:55 PM)
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
I'm so glad I'm this lucky. I've heard nightmare stories of people having bad mains and dimmer switches and their toasters triggering the AC mains noise in their systems.
I'll probably get one of those shielded mains block instead of a power filter then. Thank you very much all of you!
hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 5 2016, 07:55 PM)
well all my sockets are US wall outlets.....in fact I have a mixture of Furutech, Wattgate and Sine US wall outlets.

The switched wall outlet or socket has a little less dynamic and power due to impedance issue. I have both in my audio room and the US plug gives more energy to the system.

QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 08:40 PM)
rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
I'm so glad I'm this lucky. I've heard nightmare stories of people having bad mains and dimmer switches and their toasters triggering the AC mains noise in their systems.
I'll probably get one of those shielded mains block instead of a power filter then. Thank you very much all of you!
becareful with 'shielded' stuffs...hehehehehehehehehe

in fact you can DIY a good main block by yourself....

1. get good quality screened power cords like Belden if you have the budget. If you use belden, make sure the end that goes into the wall socket, the screen/braided skin is attached to earth.
2. if budget limited, go for Fajar 4mm cable with the grey PVC....roughly RM15 to RM18 per meter
3. get a metal switch block....if you can custom make wood...even better.....the wood needs to be sprayed with paint to reduce water particle absorption
4. for metal block, you can add some bitumen aluminium strip to reduce resonance...
5. get good quality sockets.....minimum i'd get MK for UK plugs....if budget not restricted...go for Furutech....
penmarker
post Oct 5 2016, 11:09 PM

Regular
1,859 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 5 2016, 10:29 PM)
well all my sockets are US wall outlets.....in fact I have a mixture of Furutech, Wattgate and Sine US wall outlets.

The switched wall outlet or socket has a little less dynamic and power due to impedance issue. I have both in my audio room and the US plug gives more energy to the system.
becareful with 'shielded' stuffs...hehehehehehehehehe

in fact you can DIY a good main block by yourself....

1. get good quality screened power cords like Belden if you have the budget. If you use belden, make sure the end that goes into the wall socket, the screen/braided skin is attached to earth.
2. if budget limited, go for Fajar 4mm cable with the grey PVC....roughly RM15 to RM18 per meter
3. get a metal switch block....if you can custom make wood...even better.....the wood needs to be sprayed with paint to reduce water particle absorption
4. for metal block, you can add some bitumen aluminium strip to reduce resonance...
5. get good quality sockets.....minimum i'd get MK for UK plugs....if budget not restricted...go for Furutech....

I was actually thinking about getting a finished unit like this,
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/power...-block-md06-us/
But yeah, DIY will be a lot cheaper than buying full unit.

Furutech plugs are like RM500 above haha. We'll see.

hushymushy
post Oct 6 2016, 12:33 AM

Regular
1,683 posts

the supra sounds abit too cheap.....even local disti after discount is roughly RM800++ if I am not mistaken

anyway choice is yours.....there are many brands of wall receptacles out there....

i have tested maybe about 10 of them....so far Furutech gives my system good energy transfer...

some will say no difference..its just electrical conductivity....this is true for normal electrical appliances...but for analog sound setup, every little electronic difference adds up....

so just remember one thing....what the system can produce...it can be controlled or reduced....but what the system can't produce, it can never be added back

so using Furutech doesn't mean i get flying sound from the system

everything has to have a balance....example....dedicated fuse and dedicated good quality power cabling from the DB to wall socket....
if you are using lousy cable from DB to wall socket, a 500 wall socket wont help much can it??
ktek
post Oct 6 2016, 09:13 AM

wings wings
8,073 posts

mk old stock and crabtree england (i took scraps from old houses) are good for those want to stay with fuses.

us plug is the next step i go
hushymushy
post Oct 6 2016, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,683 posts

Problem is now they use alot of brass, tin and aluminium.....thats y the older gen plugs are good coz they have more copper in it
Quazacolt
post Oct 9 2016, 09:31 PM

Riding couple
3,155 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 5 2016, 10:16 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

all cat photos of "not found" sad.gif
hushymushy
post Oct 9 2016, 09:41 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 9 2016, 09:31 PM)
all cat photos of "not found" sad.gif
fixed one....funny....i have to reimport some pix to fix it...
Quazacolt
post Oct 9 2016, 09:43 PM

Riding couple
3,155 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 9 2016, 09:41 PM)
fixed one....funny....i have to reimport some pix to fix it...
much thanks bro, those cables were sexy and i remembered glancing it through my mobile and was looking through it in better detail on my pc just to get caught by cats laugh.gif

that cable man, i can almost FEEL/SMELL the copper through my monitor wub.gif

btw, any plans to try out those Oyaide 102 ssc? tongue.gif
price wise, doesn't seem that expensive compared to the 1430/Furutech OCC
hushymushy
post Oct 9 2016, 09:52 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

Maybe sometime soon.....spent alot on diy r&d...hahahahaha

so far quite happy with the Neotech UPOCC
Quazacolt
post Oct 10 2016, 11:09 AM

Riding couple
3,155 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Oct 9 2016, 09:52 PM)
Maybe sometime soon.....spent alot on diy r&d...hahahahaha

so far quite happy with the Neotech UPOCC
Ooo can't wait haha.

In fact, considering OCC are getting rare, those previously supplied from Furukawa electric /Furutech will get price jacked up.

So technically the SSC are even cheaper tongue.gif
and it is for my case as I gotten a free wire thickness upgrade from 22 > 18 for the same price.
penmarker
post Oct 17 2016, 11:14 AM

Regular
1,859 posts

This can consider cable or not?
Ok la cables in a box la. Lol.

3 way RCA selector with 1 line out and 1 pre out.
All point to point connection with solid copper single strand wires and a bit of PcWorks Vero 150 wire, Alps pot, Lorlin rotary switch.

user posted image
zedstat
post Dec 15 2016, 11:02 PM

is in the Manic Phase
1,111 posts

Any place I can do a rewiring for my ear phone?
Anyone providing service?
ziixtreme
post Dec 27 2016, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

My recent build smile.gif 1st try with 8 strand flat braid for 3.5mm interconnect. I'm pleased with the result.
user posted image

user posted image
Jeembo
post Jan 14 2017, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

Hi guys!

I'm looking for couples pair of custom cables.
- Rca - Rca custom cable (2m)
- 3.5mm - 3.5mm audio auxilary ( 1 90 deg end, 1 straight )- 1.5m
- Sennheisser hd 600 replacement custom cable ( 1.5m )

If anyone want to sell their own custom made cable, PM me for details. Thank you

thumbup.gif notworthy.gif
Sirmacai
post Jan 22 2017, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

hi can tell me where to buy good quality custom cables in subang area for my headphone? I am using beyerdynamic custom 1 pro and looking for a custom cable. Budget about rm100.
zoozooka
post Feb 10 2017, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

Where do we buy high quality OCC copper/silver cables?

107 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0770sec    0.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 05:09 AM