Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY cable, Pictures of DIY cables (DIY)

views

hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 10:08 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 09:52 AM)
Hey thanks a lot guys for the heads up. BTW where can I find sleeving locally? I don't wanna order and then receive something that I don't like.

Maybe next month I'm going to try and make some power cables. First need to find a good shielded mains block. sonerin and Quazacolt do you use a power filter/conditioner or only a mains block/power extension?
before you do anything to your power....understand what are your power issue first....
hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 10:16 AM

Regular

here's my upocc OHNO power cord...this one for my AVR

user posted image

This post has been edited by hushymushy: Oct 9 2016, 09:40 PM
hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 05:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 04:52 PM)
Your power cables nice bro.
Honestly, my power supply (at least in my room) has no problems at all. No ground loops, no hums, no buzz, no intermittent, no nothing. Even my turntable with phono level analog signal needs to crank up the volume high to hear any hisses.
I'm just interested and wondering about the reviews on how conditioners/filters improve the sound quality. The only problem is even the raw components are already expensive (Furutech plugs are RM500 above, cables RM100 above per meter).

And I might not be able to detect subtle changes. Except for that time when I compared original Goldring DR150 cable with PCWork Vero 150 cable. Difference was very big and immediately noticeable.
If no issue then dont touch it....i hv tried various conditioner.....it removes dynamic for my system.....i am still running without conditioner....but my room is a separate phase by itself

My system also full analog.....pre and power on tubes too

Long term wise...u might want to invest in frank powerbank...so far this one gives me result
hushymushy
post Oct 5 2016, 10:29 PM

Regular

QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 5 2016, 07:55 PM)
i have tried china bada power conditioner, end up using the bypass socket only.
do u find any benefit of unswitched socket?
well all my sockets are US wall outlets.....in fact I have a mixture of Furutech, Wattgate and Sine US wall outlets.

The switched wall outlet or socket has a little less dynamic and power due to impedance issue. I have both in my audio room and the US plug gives more energy to the system.

QUOTE(penmarker @ Oct 5 2016, 08:40 PM)
rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
I'm so glad I'm this lucky. I've heard nightmare stories of people having bad mains and dimmer switches and their toasters triggering the AC mains noise in their systems.
I'll probably get one of those shielded mains block instead of a power filter then. Thank you very much all of you!
becareful with 'shielded' stuffs...hehehehehehehehehe

in fact you can DIY a good main block by yourself....

1. get good quality screened power cords like Belden if you have the budget. If you use belden, make sure the end that goes into the wall socket, the screen/braided skin is attached to earth.
2. if budget limited, go for Fajar 4mm cable with the grey PVC....roughly RM15 to RM18 per meter
3. get a metal switch block....if you can custom make wood...even better.....the wood needs to be sprayed with paint to reduce water particle absorption
4. for metal block, you can add some bitumen aluminium strip to reduce resonance...
5. get good quality sockets.....minimum i'd get MK for UK plugs....if budget not restricted...go for Furutech....
hushymushy
post Oct 6 2016, 12:33 AM

Regular

the supra sounds abit too cheap.....even local disti after discount is roughly RM800++ if I am not mistaken

anyway choice is yours.....there are many brands of wall receptacles out there....

i have tested maybe about 10 of them....so far Furutech gives my system good energy transfer...

some will say no difference..its just electrical conductivity....this is true for normal electrical appliances...but for analog sound setup, every little electronic difference adds up....

so just remember one thing....what the system can produce...it can be controlled or reduced....but what the system can't produce, it can never be added back

so using Furutech doesn't mean i get flying sound from the system

everything has to have a balance....example....dedicated fuse and dedicated good quality power cabling from the DB to wall socket....
if you are using lousy cable from DB to wall socket, a 500 wall socket wont help much can it??
hushymushy
post Oct 6 2016, 10:38 AM

Regular

Problem is now they use alot of brass, tin and aluminium.....thats y the older gen plugs are good coz they have more copper in it
hushymushy
post Oct 9 2016, 09:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 9 2016, 09:31 PM)
all cat photos of "not found" sad.gif
fixed one....funny....i have to reimport some pix to fix it...
hushymushy
post Oct 9 2016, 09:52 PM

Regular

Maybe sometime soon.....spent alot on diy r&d...hahahahaha

so far quite happy with the Neotech UPOCC
hushymushy
post Jul 17 2017, 04:11 PM

Regular

QUOTE(mharmdone @ Apr 22 2017, 04:08 PM)
hello, anyone knows where to purchase good cable for earphone?
i'm doing a new DIY 24awg multistrand upocc from Neotech for my LCD-X and HD650....stay tune....
hushymushy
post Jul 27 2017, 11:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(sys_junkie @ Jul 27 2017, 04:45 PM)
Hi there..

Anyone could recommend me a place to get an upgrade cable for my shure se series?..

Thank you.
you want to DIY or buy ready make?

if you want ready make...then you can browse those branded cables...

alternatively there are some guys in the garage sales doing DIY cables
hushymushy
post Oct 29 2017, 11:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 29 2017, 08:23 PM)
hi folks.. anywhere to buy silver cables in KL-Selangor area? also silver solder wire as well
which type of silver cables are you looking for?

upocc full silver or which type??

silver solder.....which type are you looking for??

please check your PM
hushymushy
post Oct 29 2017, 11:57 PM

Regular

DIY power extension with isolated earth system
UK plug by Furutech - Fajar 4mm 3 core multi strand - Furutech FPX copper duplex socket

user posted image

Upocc 7N copper PE sleeve RCA with pcocc rca from Furutech terminated with 4% silver Furutech solder

user posted image

Upocc 7N copper PE sleeve XLRs with Furutech XLR terminated with 4% silver Furutech solder

user posted image

upocc 7N copper teflon sleeve various awg with Fajar ground cable terminated with Furutech US and female IEC, lightly soldered on 1 end for impedance variance.....

user posted image

This post has been edited by hushymushy: Oct 30 2017, 12:00 AM
hushymushy
post Feb 17 2018, 09:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(yokemit @ Feb 14 2018, 12:32 PM)
Hello!
Anybody know if anyone can DiY some sennheiser HD 650 cable like this?
user posted image

It's just 3.5mm female stereo
yes many have done DIY cables for HD650....if you want high end...can opt for Furutech or Cardas plugs on headphone side and furutech/oyaide 3.5mm jack....
cables you can braid on your own and also get something like Oyaide or Furutech....

plenty of options....

hushymushy
post Feb 18 2018, 06:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(yokemit @ Feb 18 2018, 04:13 PM)
I'm not looking for high-end material. Just standard materials.
Its just placebo effect.

If you anyone that can do it, let me know.
There are plenty of hd650 cables in the audio for sale thread...

Happy hunting

This post has been edited by hushymushy: Feb 18 2018, 06:28 PM
hushymushy
post Mar 3 2018, 12:07 PM

Regular

a friend asked me to look for good economical power cord for hifi...and here is my recommendation.....

the Gotham Cables screened power cord. Available in 1.5mm, 2.5mm and 5.5mm

cable core is multi strand high quality OFC with aluminium foil shielding and drain cable.....
outer layer is PVC.....

first impression.....this cables provides excitement and energy....
we've done several A/B test amongst many people and swapping into various equipment.....indeed the Gothams are very suitable for all sorts of electronics and doesn't alter the original intended sound signature....

some pictures of the cable

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1458sec    2.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 01:05 AM