Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> outdoor water filter

views

Jason
post May 3 2017, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(oyching88 @ May 3 2017, 07:04 PM)
Why not change a new better one? Diamond outdoor filter cause a lot of trouble, i have few relatives & friends use before, the after sales service is worst.
Please share what trouble are there. I am actually considering to get a Diamond master filter.

Versus 3M AP902, 10 micron vs 5 micron, performance not as good, but Diamond can backwash, and can remove the filtron unit for washing, and if needed, replacement. Considering even the famed Waterco Micron W300 MkII only filters down to 10 micron, I don't think its that big of an issue. Cheaper in the long run versus AP902.

Versus sand filters, no risk of the sand media wearing out and going into the house and clogging the pipes.

oyching88
post May 3 2017, 10:32 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ May 3 2017, 10:20 PM)
Please share what trouble are there. I am actually considering to get a Diamond master filter.

Versus 3M AP902, 10 micron vs 5 micron, performance not as good, but Diamond can backwash, and can remove the filtron unit for washing, and if needed, replacement. Considering even the famed Waterco Micron W300 MkII only filters down to 10 micron, I don't think its that big of an issue. Cheaper in the long run versus AP902.

Versus sand filters, no risk of the sand media wearing out and going into the house and clogging the pipes.
You need to backwash like once every week? This is the minimum recommended. Compared to sand media, you have to do most likely once every month.
The membrane is like a piece of "clothing" stuff, which is able to wash tends to break after 1 or 2 years which is shorter lifespan compared to sand media.
Clogging is the main issue, water pressure is high and the membrane type media clog more frequent.
The plastic housing of the filter also tends to crack easily which cause water leaking, if you happen to pass by any house/shop that use Diamond master filter, 5 out of 10 you can see water leakage.

Well, these are the problems that they told me previously.

This post has been edited by oyching88: May 3 2017, 10:34 PM
Jason
post May 3 2017, 10:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(oyching88 @ May 3 2017, 10:32 PM)
You need to backwash like once every week? This is the minimum recommended. Compared to sand media, you have to do most likely once every month.
The membrane is like a piece of "clothing" stuff, which is able to wash tends to break after 1 or 2 years which is shorter lifespan compared to sand media.
Clogging is the main issue, water pressure is high and the membrane type media clog more frequent.
The plastic housing of the filter also tends to crack easily which cause water leaking, if you happen to pass by any house/shop that use Diamond master filter, 5 out of 10 you can see water leakage.

Well, these are the problems that they told me previously.
Thanks for sharing. I agree on the membrane being a wear and tear item, which is fine, I'd be worried if it lasts forever. Backwash every week is alright for me.

Ok the water leaking issue is rather serious, I'll need to observe. Lately this Diamond master filter not that popular anymore, so don't see it at new houses. I guess need to visit "older" neighborhoods.

As an alternative, what do you recommend? Sand/media filters... I'm skeptical on most since it filters out chlorine, with the exception of Waterco & Kinetico. I only want to filter out chlorine @ POU. Plus and run the risk of the sand going in the house's piping when the media wears down. Kinetico don't have this issue I think, but the prices starts at RM2.8k sweat.gif
oyching88
post May 4 2017, 05:00 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ May 3 2017, 10:43 PM)
Thanks for sharing. I agree on the membrane being a wear and tear item, which is fine, I'd be worried if it lasts forever. Backwash every week is alright for me.

Ok the water leaking issue is rather serious, I'll need to observe. Lately this Diamond master filter not that popular anymore, so don't see it at new houses. I guess need to visit "older" neighborhoods.

As an alternative, what do you recommend? Sand/media filters... I'm skeptical on most since it filters out chlorine, with the exception of Waterco & Kinetico. I only want to filter out chlorine @ POU. Plus and run the risk of the sand going in the house's piping when the media wears down. Kinetico don't have this issue I think, but the prices starts at RM2.8k  sweat.gif
Yeah, cause it really have a lot of issues so not many wanna take it although it's quite cheap.
Water leaking can be a serious issue, once it leak can lead to many other problems like bursting, water bill increase, flood, etc.
Sand media type and membrane don't remove chlorine, only carbon based filter can remove chlorine. You don't have to worry the sand media will go into your in house water system, it's not an issue at all.
For POE, the most important is the durability and the vessel material. Steel type maybe ideal but sometimes if the workmanship is not good, the welding joint can deteriorate by time and cause leakage. One piece non weld without joint is always better. Also the material of the vessel if can prevent sun light exposure to inner part is best which can prevent algae formation inside.

This post has been edited by oyching88: May 4 2017, 05:01 PM
CocoMonGo
post May 16 2017, 01:08 PM

Ooo Finally
551 posts

Hi guys is there any difference between IDE, Perfect Steel and AlphaMax filters? I look at their websites it seems like they are all (the same) rebranded OEM equipment.

IDE brand

Perfect Steel

Alpha Max brand

Any recommendation to chose one over the other?

This post has been edited by CocoMonGo: May 16 2017, 01:09 PM
zheilwane
post May 16 2017, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(CocoMonGo @ May 16 2017, 01:08 PM)
Hi guys is there any difference between IDE, Perfect Steel and AlphaMax filters? I look at their websites it seems like they are all (the same) rebranded OEM equipment.

IDE brand

Perfect Steel

Alpha Max brand

IDE is mainly in johor / perfect steel and Alphamax in KL. Actually they are manufactured by perfect steel

echoesian
post May 23 2017, 08:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,250 posts

QUOTE(CocoMonGo @ May 16 2017, 01:08 PM)

IDE brand

Perfect Steel

Alpha Max brand

There are some shops claimed that Gen Air and LEC also belong to the same OEM group.
Ch33r
post May 24 2017, 12:22 AM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(echoesian @ May 23 2017, 08:44 PM)
There are some shops claimed that Gen Air and LEC also belong to the same OEM group.
How much for those sand filter?
spreeeee
post May 24 2017, 09:26 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 16 2017, 04:41 PM)
IDE is mainly in johor / perfect steel and Alphamax in KL. Actually they are manufactured by perfect steel
alphamax also by perfect steel? they claim it is US technology, thought it is some high end thing..
oyching88
post May 24 2017, 01:54 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ May 24 2017, 09:26 AM)
alphamax also by perfect steel? they claim it is US technology, thought it is some high end thing..
It might be US technology but parts by different supplier, who knows? Except you are someone inside the company.
Buy those OEM products rather than those local or unknown brands if you are doubt of their claims.
zheilwane
post May 24 2017, 03:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ May 24 2017, 09:26 AM)
only the micro Z media is from USA, when we sell perfect steel, we wont say it is made in USA or USA technologu but other brands do, so they can sell it higher
CocoMonGo
post May 25 2017, 11:01 AM

Ooo Finally
551 posts

Guessed as much. How much is perfect steel selling for roughly in KL? With and without installation.
Ch33r
post May 25 2017, 11:18 AM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(CocoMonGo @ May 25 2017, 11:01 AM)
Guessed as much. How much is perfect steel selling for roughly in KL? With and without installation.
Why many ppl like to use perfect steel? confused.gif
boygirl1004
post Jun 6 2017, 11:57 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 16 2017, 04:41 PM)
@zheilwane, I am interested in your Perfect Steel product, can you pm me the detail at 0186631161, thanks!
echoesian
post Jun 6 2017, 11:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,250 posts

QUOTE(boygirl1004 @ Jun 6 2017, 11:57 AM)
@zheilwane, I am interested in your Perfect Steel product, can you pm me the detail at 0186631161, thanks!
Why not LEC ?
idoblu
post Jun 7 2017, 07:26 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

As an alternative, what do you recommend? Sand/media filters... I'm skeptical on most since it filters out chlorine, with the exception of Waterco & Kinetico. I only want to filter out chlorine @ POU. Plus and run the risk of the sand going in the house's piping when the media wears down. Kinetico don't have this issue I think, but the prices starts at RM2.8k  sweat.gif
Those Diamond filters - stay away from them. Anything else is better. Have you seen the inside of one, what they use for the filter media? Its like a piece of cloth or gunny sack.
I having been using Kinetico for almost 10 years. No need power for auto backwash. No problems whatsoever. When I changed house, I even took it along with me to my new condo.
Jason
post Jun 7 2017, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 7 2017, 07:26 AM)
Those Diamond filters - stay away from them. Anything else is better. Have you seen the inside of one, what they use for the filter media? Its like a piece of cloth or gunny sack.
I having been using Kinetico for almost 10 years. No need power for auto backwash. No problems whatsoever. When I changed house, I even took it along with me to my new condo.
Yes I saw the inside of the Diamond Master Filter, and the amount of gunk it filters. It claims to filter down to 10 micron, which is good enough for me.

No doubt on Kinetico, but I am not willing to spend that much on a POE filter. Most likely I will get the SECURE Whole House Back Wash Water Filter System or the Diamond Master Filter. But if the Diamond leaks then it is a big problem.
Ch33r
post Jun 7 2017, 12:11 PM

Casual
347 posts

Here is the video from youtube that how was the sand water filter system work. External Water Filter uses five layers of different media which filter up to 10 micron to remove unwanted sediment and other particulates from your water. It filter throughout the following five layers of media: coarse, medium and fine sand, garnet and zeolite. The vessel is made of Fibreglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) to ensure strength and durability.

ckh83
post Jun 7 2017, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

Hi, what is the price include installation for perfect steel?
Got different model?
zheilwane
post Jun 7 2017, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(ckh83 @ Jun 7 2017, 01:45 PM)
Hi, what is the price include installation for perfect steel?
Got different model?
Perfect steel has many models

1) Stainless steel Local Grade or China imported tank
2) Stainless steel multiport valve or Plastic Valve
3) Stainless Steel Casing or Fibre
4) Different height and diameter
5) Stainless steel filter comes with installation fittings and without

Our shop only sell two models to avoid the confusion as the model code are quite similar and what u see in my shop is what u get. A china Grade casing + PVC head is 50% cheaper than the local stainless steel casing with stainless steel valve, both models also 1042 . . . .

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Jun 7 2017, 05:47 PM

32 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04 PM