Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

178 Pages « < 169 170 171 172 173 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!!

views

kidmad
post Aug 5 2022, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(g_kw2 @ Aug 5 2022, 10:06 PM)
but Fuji seems not so popular.. so in term of lens you should have less future proof support right?
it has the full range of lenses as compared to the other brands but i find it to be slightly on a premium side for apsc... Google up fuji colors i don't get it initially till i own the camera only i understand. i really love is jpeg. really suitable for hobbyist like me.⁰
Jigoku
post Aug 24 2022, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

Type of camera/lens/accessories : Mirrorless (Semi Pro) -- Looking at Sony A7iii and also A7C, friend recommend XT-4
Budget: 8000
Your Location: Perak/Penang
Preferable brand : Sony / Fuji
Type of photography u want to do : All, Potrait and Street Photography and maybe Vlogging.
Any specific models in mind? : Sony A7iii, A7c (Both at similar price about 8k-8.3k with kit lens.
Any specific features u want? : 4k video, lens support,

Then again I do already have a one RS for vlogging, waiting for some sifu recommendations

I will probably get A7c because it's newer as compared to A7iii and has better AF system?

This post has been edited by Jigoku: Aug 24 2022, 09:41 PM
amzhkm147 P
post Aug 28 2022, 09:05 AM

Probation
9 posts

which is the best shop in Klang Valley to purcahse Canon M50 Mark II?
GambitSinX P
post Sep 26 2022, 10:25 PM

Probation
9 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Need suggestions
Budget: RM 2k to RM 4k
Preferable brand : Need suggestions
Type of photography u want to do : Indoor close-up video recording of foods and cooking (not showing face)
Any specific models in mind? : Need suggestions
Any specific features u want? : 1) record at least 1080p, 4K resolution is a plus.
2) Crystal clear quality video with close-up video shooting.
3) Auto focus feature.
4) With a flip screen.
5) Auto stability feature.
6) Can upgrade lens.
7) Easy to use features in the camera.

Note: I am a beginner, learning to use a camera for video recording.
TendouSouji
post Oct 2 2022, 12:14 PM

Casual
348 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : compact camera/travel camera
Budget: below rm2.5k
Preferable brand : Any
Type of photography u want to do : Pictures of my gf at instagrammable places/tourism spots (拍照打卡) Primarily using it for travel purpose
Any specific models in mind? : Any
Any specific features u want? : 1) most importantly lightweight and easy to carry around
2) Beginner friendly, don't need too much tweaking on the settings

Went travel using xiaomi Redmi note 10 to take pictures, the photo quality was a little blurry. Hoping to upgrade that hence coming to this thread.
Also would consider if sifus think any smartphone has similar power. Thank you!
Loseeker
post Oct 3 2022, 11:55 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(GambitSinX @ Sep 26 2022, 10:25 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : Need suggestions
Budget: RM 2k to RM 4k
Preferable brand :  Need suggestions
Type of photography u want to do :  Indoor close-up video recording of foods and cooking (not showing face)
Any specific models in mind? :  Need suggestions
Any specific features u want? : 1) record at least 1080p, 4K resolution is a plus.
                                                        2) Crystal clear quality video with close-up video shooting.
                                                        3) Auto focus feature.
                                                        4) With a flip screen.
                                                        5) Auto stability feature.
                                                        6) Can upgrade lens.
                                                        7) Easy to use features in the camera.

Note: I am a beginner, learning to use a camera for video recording.
Canon eos M50 II

QUOTE(TendouSouji @ Oct 2 2022, 12:14 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : compact camera/travel camera
Budget: below rm2.5k
Type of photography u want to do : Pictures of my gf at instagrammable places/tourism spots (拍照打卡) Primarily using it for travel purpose
Any specific models in mind? : Any
Any specific features u want? : 1) most importantly lightweight and easy to carry around
2) Beginner friendly, don't need too much tweaking on the settings

Went travel using xiaomi Redmi note 10 to take pictures, the photo quality was a little blurry. Hoping to upgrade that hence coming to this thread.
Also would consider if sifus think any smartphone has similar power. Thank you!
May be Redmi Note 11 pro ? or Iphone ? May be older model ?

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Oct 3 2022, 11:58 PM
TendouSouji
post Oct 5 2022, 09:05 AM

Casual
348 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Oct 3 2022, 11:55 PM)
Canon eos M50 II
May be Redmi Note 11 pro ? or Iphone ? May be older model ?
Hmm iphone rm3k+.. rm3k camera cannot outperform iphone?
Loseeker
post Oct 5 2022, 09:28 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(TendouSouji @ Oct 5 2022, 09:05 AM)
Hmm iphone rm3k+..  rm3k camera cannot outperform iphone?
Of course cannot ! Iphone RM3K comes with 3 lenses. RM3K camera without lenses is useless. Some more u said your budget less than RM2.5k. If you going to get a camera body + a kit lens (because that is what that budget can get you), then u better get a better iphone.

A lot of beginner asking here for suggestion for a new camera and stating their camera budget, but they never factor in the price of lenses. When they realized that a lens can easily cost more than the camera itself, they either fall back or just get the kit lens, expecting that they will still see different from their iphones. But sadly, most of them quickly realized that, without better lenses, the camera + kit lens is only marginally better than the iphone. Yet the iphone is so easily to bring around, always available and they have all the pre installed filters and smart apps that helps you to do selfie and portrait editing. So in the end, you will realized that your camera has been sitting a home collecting dust, worse yet, growing fungus. By the time all your interests in photography died down, then u will see the camera as an eyesore which you wish you never get it at the first place.

So yeah, invest your money toward a better iphone.

If you still insist of getting a dedicated camera to take nice photo of your gf that will definitely up your game from any smartphone, this is my suggestion: Canon Eos M50 (mark 1) + Sigma 56 f1.4 dc dn. If you're lucky to find used one with good condition, you may get the combo under RM4k.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Oct 5 2022, 09:32 PM
TendouSouji
post Oct 6 2022, 11:32 AM

Casual
348 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Oct 5 2022, 09:28 PM)
Of course cannot ! Iphone RM3K comes with 3 lenses. RM3K camera without lenses is useless. Some more u said your budget less than RM2.5k. If  you going to get a camera body + a kit lens (because that is what that budget can get you), then u better get a better iphone.

A lot of beginner asking here for suggestion for a new camera and stating their camera budget, but they never factor in the price of lenses. When they realized that a lens can easily cost more than the camera itself, they either fall back or just get the kit lens, expecting that they will still see different from their iphones. But sadly, most of them quickly realized that, without better lenses, the camera + kit lens is only marginally better than the iphone. Yet the iphone is so easily to bring around, always available and they have all the pre installed filters and smart apps that helps you to do selfie and portrait editing. So in the end, you will realized that your camera has been sitting a home collecting dust, worse yet, growing fungus. By the time all your interests in photography died down, then u will see the camera as an eyesore which you wish you never get it at the first place.

So yeah, invest your money toward a better iphone.

If you still insist of getting a dedicated camera to take nice photo of your gf that will definitely up your game from any smartphone, this is my suggestion: Canon Eos M50 (mark 1) + Sigma 56 f1.4 dc dn. If you're lucky to find used one with good condition, you may get the combo under RM4k.
Thank you so much for the effort on such a detailed and great reply! thumbup.gif
TDC_Road_Trail P
post Oct 6 2022, 04:38 PM

Probation
2 posts

Type of camera/lens/accessories : Mirrorless
Budget: Below 2500 (beginner)
Your Location: PJ / KL
Preferable brand : Fuji
Type of photography u want to do : Street Photography / Outdoor (hiking/camping) / Vloging
Any specific models in mind? : Fuji xt-20?
Any specific features u want? : User-friendly menu / easy to use for beginner like me.

PLEASE HELP ME. THANKSS
N33d
post Oct 6 2022, 05:11 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(TendouSouji @ Oct 6 2022, 11:32 AM)
Thank you so much for the effort on such a detailed and great reply!  thumbup.gif
you need the setup suggested previously to start to see thr difference between a phone and camera. If you go by a kit lens, you will regret that you bought a 3k new camera as you find no diff or even latest higher end phone night mode took much better pic at low light
2 of my friends who bought a camera thinking that could up their insta game, 1 regretted and falls back to phone. Another one almost gave up until he invested in 1 fast prime lens
Loseeker
post Oct 6 2022, 11:20 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(TDC_Road_Trail @ Oct 6 2022, 04:38 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accessories :  Mirrorless
Budget: Below 2500 (beginner)
Your Location: PJ / KL
Preferable brand : Fuji
Type of photography u want to do : Street Photography / Outdoor (hiking/camping) / Vloging
Any specific models in mind? : Fuji xt-20?
Any specific features u want? : User-friendly menu / easy to use for beginner like me.
PLEASE HELP ME. THANKSS

XT20 is still a very capable camera. It was my first fuji camera when I've jumped from Sony apsc to fuji. I've sold it in favour of the pro body of the XT2, which house the exact same sensor. You should be able to get a used XT20 around RM1500 and use the other RM1000 to get yourself either 1) a viltrox 23mm f1.4, which is one of the best focal length for street photography. 2) Sigma 16mm f1.4 for vlogging, you will have to fork out a bit more, because it cost around RM1600 or 3) Get the fuji 18-55 f2.8-4 kit lens, which can do all the tasks you've stated above. Should be able to get for under RM1K if you are lucky enough.
Loseeker
post Oct 6 2022, 11:24 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(TendouSouji @ Oct 6 2022, 11:32 AM)
Thank you so much for the effort on such a detailed and great reply!  thumbup.gif
Coming to think of it, I think a Fuji XT20 + Viltrox 56mm f1.4 should be able to tightly fit into your budget of RM2.5K.
TDC_Road_Trail P
post Oct 12 2022, 12:27 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Oct 6 2022, 11:20 PM)
XT20 is still a very capable camera. It was my first fuji camera when I've jumped from Sony apsc to fuji. I've sold it in favour of the pro body of the XT2, which house the exact same sensor. You should be able to get a used XT20 around RM1500 and use the other RM1000 to get yourself either 1) a viltrox 23mm f1.4, which is one of the best focal length for street photography. 2) Sigma 16mm f1.4 for vlogging, you will have to fork out a bit more, because it cost around RM1600 or 3) Get the fuji 18-55 f2.8-4 kit lens, which can do all the tasks you've stated above. Should be able to get for under RM1K if you are lucky enough.
Hi thank you so much for details explanation! really appreciate it.
Created On 21/1/2021
post Oct 16 2022, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,181 posts

I'm looking for a point and shoot camera.

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Point and shoot
Budget:<RM2500
Your Location: KL
Type of photography u want to do : Street photography, portrait
Any specific models in mind? :None
Any specific features u want? :I want to able to take portrait with that sweet sweet bokeh
Loseeker
post Oct 24 2022, 08:22 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Created On 21/1/2021 @ Oct 16 2022, 04:36 PM)
I'm looking for a point and shoot camera.

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Point and shoot
Budget:<RM2500
Your Location: KL
Type of photography u want to do : Street photography, portrait 
Any specific models in mind? :None
Any specific features u want? :I want to able to take portrait with that sweet sweet bokeh
Point and shoot never meant for sweet sweet bokeh. If you really want that, invest in a interchangeable lens system be it dslr or mirrorless.

My recommendation is a used Sony a6000 with kit lens + Sigma 56mm or Canon m50 with kit lens + Sigma 56mm. Find used for all the items I've mentioned, should able to fit your budget of RM2.5K

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Oct 24 2022, 08:30 AM
Created On 21/1/2021
post Nov 12 2022, 08:58 PM

Regular
1,181 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Oct 24 2022, 08:22 AM)
Point and shoot never meant for sweet sweet bokeh. If you really want that, invest in a interchangeable lens system be it dslr or mirrorless.

My recommendation is a used Sony a6000 with kit lens + Sigma 56mm or Canon m50 with kit lens + Sigma 56mm. Find used for all the items I've mentioned, should able to fit your budget of RM2.5K
Can you recommend me a light weight mirrorless with 35mm lens instead?
Loseeker
post Nov 14 2022, 01:57 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Created On 21/1/2021 @ Nov 12 2022, 08:58 PM)
Can you recommend me a light weight mirrorless with 35mm lens instead?
For your budget, body + lens less than RM2500 you can try the following:

For body
1) Fuji XT1/XT20 (used), or Canon Eos M50 mark 1(used), Sony a6000(used)

For the 35mm lens
1) Sigma 30 mm f1.4, 2) viltrox 33mm f1.4

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Nov 14 2022, 02:00 AM
niafaz89
post Nov 26 2022, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Hi everyone, can I get any recommendation for camera(dslr type). Purpose is to shoot for simple event/company event etc. any model that I can consider for?Budget 3k, thanks.
Loseeker
post Dec 6 2022, 12:41 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(niafaz89 @ Nov 26 2022, 04:41 PM)
Hi everyone, can I get any recommendation for camera(dslr type). Purpose is to shoot for simple event/company event etc. any model that I can consider for?Budget 3k, thanks.
Brand new or used? 3K body only or with lens ?

178 Pages « < 169 170 171 172 173 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:26 PM