Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!!

views

Azran1979
post Feb 17 2024, 01:25 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

anyone know canon service center support until which model?

i want to buy second hand body but afraid if canon center refuse to repair it if anything goes wrong.
iridesxon
post Feb 23 2024, 11:44 PM

15 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Mirrorless Camera
Budget: below 3k
Your Location: KL
Preferable brand : Canon
Type of photography u want to do : Product Photography and take photos of my loved one
Any specific models in mind? : Looking at ZV-E10
Any specific features u want? : can straight transfer to phone, can take nostalgic photos

Good day all sifu, I am seeking for recommendation what camera should I get with the budget I have. Hope you guys able to help me out.
Thank you!
Diablo89 P
post Feb 26 2024, 08:20 PM

Probation
2 posts

hi. wanna upgrade from Sony ZV-e10 . i am lookinig at sony a6700 or the older Sony a7c. which is better? and any suggestion for other canon model about this price range? Mainly used for photos and sometimes only videos. thanks
Loseeker
post Feb 28 2024, 04:17 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Diablo89 @ Feb 26 2024, 08:20 PM)
hi. wanna upgrade from Sony ZV-e10 . i am lookinig at sony a6700 or the older Sony a7c. which is better? and any suggestion for other canon model about this price range? Mainly used for photos and sometimes only videos. thanks
What kind of photos ?
Diablo89 P
post Feb 29 2024, 10:09 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Feb 28 2024, 04:17 PM)
What kind of photos ?
any photos... traveling, night time photos. decorations during festivals
Loseeker
post Mar 1 2024, 12:41 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Diablo89 @ Feb 29 2024, 10:09 PM)
any photos... traveling, night time photos. decorations during festivals
For low light photos, I would recommend you to get something with bigger sensor. For the price range of A6700, I would recommend you to get the A7C, then pair it with Sigma 28-70 f2.8. If your budget allow, get some prime lens such as the Sigma 35mm f1.4.

But you need to remember that, full frame lenses are usually more expensive than apsc counterpart. Need to factor that in if you going to go for the A7C route.

For canon model around that price range, the only option I can think of is the R8. But canon doesn't allow 3rd parties lenses. Unless you don't mind the added weight of the adapter and weight of old dslr lenses, I would advice against getting into canon eco system.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Mar 1 2024, 12:52 AM
Loseeker
post Mar 1 2024, 12:49 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(iridesxon @ Feb 23 2024, 11:44 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Mirrorless Camera
Budget: below 3k
Your Location:   KL
Preferable brand :  Canon
Type of photography u want to do :  Product Photography and take photos of my loved one
Any specific models in mind? :  Looking at ZV-E10
Any specific features u want? : can straight transfer to phone, can take nostalgic photos

Good day all sifu, I am seeking for recommendation what camera should I get with the budget I have. Hope you guys able to help me out.
Thank you!
You have ZV-E10 (which is a sony) in mind, yet your preferable brand is canon shocking.gif ? Just get the ZV-E10. Don't get into canon mirrorless camera unless you are ready to adapt old dslr lenses. There are only 2 lenses for canon RF apsc mirrorless camera at the moment....

Please expand your budget to included lenses. Camera is no good without decent lenses.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Mar 1 2024, 12:51 AM
iridesxon
post Mar 5 2024, 12:33 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 1 2024, 12:49 AM)
You have ZV-E10 (which is a sony) in mind, yet your preferable brand is canon  shocking.gif ? Just get the ZV-E10. Don't get into canon mirrorless camera unless you are ready to adapt old dslr lenses. There are only 2 lenses for canon RF apsc mirrorless camera at the moment....

Please expand your budget to included lenses. Camera is no good without decent lenses.
Hi bro, thank you for your advice. I am a newbie when it comes to cameras. I have been using 7D Canon for my product shooting all this while and looking for something smaller & lighter to bring it around. I thought the lenses that I have now might compatible with ZV-E10 so yeah, that's why seeing Canon cameras.
Loseeker
post Mar 5 2024, 02:21 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(iridesxon @ Mar 5 2024, 12:33 PM)
Hi bro, thank you for your advice. I am a newbie when it comes to cameras. I have been using 7D Canon for my product shooting all this while and looking for something smaller & lighter to bring it around. I thought the lenses that I have now might compatible with ZV-E10 so yeah, that's why seeing Canon cameras.
You have been using canon lenses right ? Canon lenses can be used on ZV-E10 only if you have the Sigma mc-11 adapters. But first thing first, tell me what lenses you're having then I can better suggest you the camera body. If my guess is true (that all your current lenses are Canon apsc lenses) I would suggest you get Canon R50 instead of Sony ZVE10. Is there any specific reasons that you HAVE to get the Sony ZVE10 ?
kkranger
post Mar 9 2024, 07:54 PM

20 posts

Hi sifu, hope u can help me. Looking for a camera for my daughter. She likes photography and picture editing. Bought her fuji instax and she has been hooked with it. Any idea whats the next upgrade which can benefit her? She’s 17. My budget around 1 k for now. Thanks ya
iridesxon
post Mar 13 2024, 11:50 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 5 2024, 02:21 PM)
You have been using canon lenses right ? Canon lenses can be used on ZV-E10 only if you have the Sigma mc-11 adapters. But first thing first, tell me what lenses you're having then I can better suggest you the camera body. If my guess is true (that all your current lenses are Canon apsc lenses) I would suggest you get Canon R50 instead of Sony ZVE10. Is there any specific reasons that you HAVE to get the Sony ZVE10 ?
small and portable. haha easier to carry in and out. btw how can I check what's the lenses model?
Loseeker
post Mar 13 2024, 01:06 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(iridesxon @ Mar 13 2024, 11:50 AM)
small and portable. haha easier to carry in and out. btw how can I check what's the lenses model?
You seriously telling me you don't know how to check your lens model ? doh.gif The lens model basically just the focal length they offer, example: 18-55mm, that would be the model of the lens. Anyway, the best suggestion I can give you is to go to one of the camera shops in Berjaya Time Square (see which one offers you the highest trade in value), to trade in all your canon gears and get the Sony ZVE-10 and emount lens. The people at the shops will tell you which lenses are suitable for your ZVE10. Forget about adapting them if you want to reduce the size of the overall package.

If you still insist of adapting your old canon dslr lenses, I would suggest you get the Canon R50 + EF to RF adapter over the Sony ZVE10 + Sigma MC-11 adapter option. But either way is fine.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Mar 13 2024, 01:23 PM
Loseeker
post Mar 13 2024, 01:17 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(kkranger @ Mar 9 2024, 07:54 PM)
Hi sifu, hope u can help me. Looking for a camera for my daughter. She likes photography and picture editing. Bought her fuji instax and she has been hooked with it. Any idea whats the next upgrade which can benefit her? She’s 17. My budget around 1 k for now. Thanks ya
1k is a very tight budget. Yes, you can get something for the price, but the camera will be old, big and heavy. You sure your daughter will use it ?

The smartphone basically killed off the consumer/beginner level camera due to their ease of use and ever present. I think you better of use that money to top up the next smartphone for your daughter. That money will be better spent as oppose to you getting her a old, heavy dslr that is super unfriendly to smartphone user and that are not necessarily taking better than the smartphone.

https://www.carousell.com.my/p/canon-eos-7d...r&t-tap_index=0

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Mar 15 2024, 07:17 PM
iridesxon
post Mar 15 2024, 04:06 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 13 2024, 01:06 PM)
You seriously telling me you don't know how to check your lens model ?  doh.gif  The lens model basically just the focal length they offer,  example: 18-55mm, that would be the model of the lens. Anyway, the best suggestion I can give you is to go to one of the camera shops in Berjaya Time Square (see which one offers you the highest trade in value), to trade in all your canon gears and get the Sony ZVE-10 and emount lens. The people at the shops will tell you which lenses are suitable for your ZVE10. Forget about adapting them if you want to reduce the size of the overall package.
  If you still insist of adapting your old canon dslr lenses, I would suggest you get the Canon R50 + EF to RF adapter over the Sony ZVE10 + Sigma MC-11 adapter option. But either way is fine.
Thank you so much for the infos bro, you're being very helpful. I shall go and check the store in Times Square then, thank you!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:37 AM