Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!! (Photography)

views

happy_berry
post Dec 29 2019, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,347 posts

Any cameras for beginners
Loseeker
post Jan 25 2020, 02:17 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(SkodengMan @ Oct 31 2019, 10:40 AM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Looking for first dslr/mirrorless camera
Budget: RM2500 +-
Your Location:   KL citayy
Preferable brand :  Nikon/Sony
Type of photography u want to do (read:aspirations) :  Wide range, from landscapes/nature, tight macro shots, food photography, and press photography as im working in the industry ie; VIP doorstopping, rallies, demonstrations, and the usual press conferences, mugshots, non-jedi level sports photography.
Any specific models in mind? :  Conflicted between getting new or used bodies, so recommendations on model types would be appreciated. Eyeing the Sony A6000/ Nikon D5500 and above. Preference is towards Sony and Nikon's composition more than other brands. 
Any specific features u want? :  Quick bursts, Sony a6000 and above's 11fps is very seducing, and acceptable composition in low light.

Backstory: Been using a Canon Powershot G12 for aeons, looking to upgrade and hone my skills on an interchangable lens camera, as some yearnings of photo quality is just unachievable through the lens of a smartphone
Dillemma: Choosing whether I should go for a cheap used body and lens set to basically go through the pains of experimenting with the manual settings and learning the essentials of aperture, exposure, and shutter speed, OR, invest in a new pretty good mid-tier body which i can trust will accompany me for at least 5yrs or so.

PLEASE ADVICE notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif 
If you haven't got a camera yet, I would suggest you get the a6000 instead of d5500.

QUOTE(FyfdeOT @ Nov 10 2019, 09:26 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : Mirrorless & lens.
Budget: RM 6,000<
Your Location: Kuala Lumpur.
Preferable brand :  Sony alpha brands or any other brands that can be equal to a6400.
Type of photography u want to do :  portraits, videos, low light pictures, and finally landscape.
Any specific models in mind? :  a6400, a6500.
Any specific features u want? :  auto focus and slow-mo video if its possible and finally time-lapse.

Please advise me on what lens to buy for lowlight situations, portraits, landscape, prime or zoom? And aperture 1.8 or 4?.

Finally what other camera could be up there against a6400.
My suggestion: a6400 + Sigma trio (16mm, 30mm, 56mm) f1.4 lenses.

QUOTE(gobiomani @ Dec 2 2019, 11:49 AM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : Looking for used beginner DSLR/Mirrorless camera for my 12 year old daughter
Budget: Below RM1k. The lower the better.
Your Location: KL/Selangor
Preferable brand : No preference
Type of photography u want to do (read:aspirations) : No particular type at the moment
Any specific features u want? : Nothing in particular

My daughter is interested in photography and she wants a camera. I don't know whether this interest will last, so I don't want to invest too much at the moment. So I'm looking for a used camera that will give her a good idea about this hobby for her to gauge whether she is really serious about it. Since I don't know much about cameras, I am looking for some suggestion on used models that will make sense for a kid who is starting out. Thanks.
Nikon D5100 + 1855. Should be lower than RM1k.

QUOTE(happy_berry @ Dec 29 2019, 12:33 PM)
Any cameras for beginners
Canon eos m50

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Jan 25 2020, 02:18 PM
mmweric
post Jan 26 2020, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(adamletham @ Aug 28 2019, 09:41 PM)
Looking to buy my first mirrorless camera. Currently looking at Sony a6000 with kit lens and Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens. My budget is max RM3000 for body and lens.

1) I think I'm pretty set on the camera. The Sony a6300 and above will all be out of my price range. Anyone know where is the best place to buy new camera? So far the lowest I've seen for the a6000 w/ kit lens is RM2078 from Harvey Norman (similar price on Lazada).

2) Is RM880 worth it for the Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens? I'm looking to use it for portrait shots and indoor events. The other option is Meike 35mm f/1.7 which is more budget friendly (~RM250).

Would really appreciate some input. I'm new to buying camera gear in Malaysia.
Try a second hand kit you will see a lot of people advertising on ftz.

https://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...VxYeXrMC-fzM_be

The 50mm is a lot better for portraits
gobiomani
post Jan 28 2020, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Jan 25 2020, 02:17 PM)
        Nikon D5100 + 1855. Should be lower than RM1k.
Thanks for the suggestion, it does seem like a good option for my daughter's needs and the price is good also.
Unfortunately its been 2.5 months since my post and I already bought a Samsung NX300M for her and she loves it.

It's quite sad that many useful and informative threads in LYN are in its dying breath. Forums as a whole appear to be dying.
Anyway, thanks for making the effort to reply, much appreciated smile.gif
Loseeker
post Jan 28 2020, 12:04 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(gobiomani @ Jan 28 2020, 10:08 AM)
Thanks for the suggestion, it does seem like a good option for my daughter's needs and the price is good also.
Unfortunately its been 2.5 months since my post and I already bought a Samsung NX300M for her and she loves it.

It's quite sad that many useful and informative threads in LYN are in its dying breath. Forums as a whole appear to be dying.
Anyway, thanks for making the effort to reply, much appreciated  smile.gif
You are most welcome. Most important is that your daughter enjoy the samsung camera. thumbsup.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0435sec    6.86    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2020 - 10:02 PM