123 Pages « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

V4. Swiftlet Keeping Discussions, All About Swiftlet Keeping Industry

views

gerald7
post Sep 12 2017, 08:19 AM

r a n d o m l y
2,245 posts

QUOTE(Abdigumelar @ Sep 11 2017, 08:50 PM)
my father build this BH with many failure that there's no way going back.

- using 1 layer sand brick without and now, it cannot be plaster & white painting outer wall.

my plan is.
first layering wall using styrofoam inner side wall (this way used in many farms in kalimantan).

second, layering styrofoam again using this. this is will absorb much water for long time.
[attachmentid=9125543]

third, dripped down water using drilled PVC pipe on top.

i think it will be raise humidity and drop down temperature. but just to say, second & third way are experiment that never have used in other BH that i know.
your dad's BH is stand alone or shop house? How old is it?

Polystyrene foam boards would be better suited no ? If your soaking up water in the internal wall you may fungus issues later.

again, agreeing with tuckfook. Humidifier, insulate roofing, and shade side walls
johnny12
post Sep 22 2017, 05:52 PM

1 posts

Hey all, I am very new to this business, my father owns a BH and I just got back from overseas study, anyway, here is my problem. I went to his farm yesterday to check out our BH and there were dead birds everywhere, i'd say 40+ dead birds, most just the wings left, and some without head.
cry.gif cry.gif
Very sad sight, does anyone know what the exact predator doing this is for sure? Is it the rats, or the bats? What species of bat does this?
How to prevent this? My dad is going to sell his BH already..
ta5851
post Sep 24 2017, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(johnny12 @ Sep 22 2017, 05:52 PM)
Hey all, I am very new to this business, my father owns a BH and I just got back from overseas study, anyway, here is my problem. I went to his farm yesterday to check out our BH and there were dead birds everywhere, i'd say 40+ dead birds, most just the wings left, and some without head.
cry.gif  cry.gif
Very sad sight, does anyone know what the exact predator doing this is for sure? Is it the rats, or the bats? What species of bat does this?
How to prevent this? My dad is going to sell his BH already..
Most likely the bat, when you can only find the wings without head. Only way to solve this problems is to use the bird net to catch those bat. Put the net at the entrance. But only after all the swiftlet go back to sleep and remove it before the swiftlet fly out again in the early morning. Another easier way is to install auto gate. But make sure everyday it close and open on time. If not u will have a full house of dead bird inside your bird house. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif brows.gif brows.gif
stewart_2611
post Sep 26 2017, 04:01 PM

2 posts

Hi all, I'm new here. First of all, thank you to everyone for all the contribution to make this forum amazing and informative. I have been reading a lot and most all of it.

A brief description about me:

I've been interested in Swiftlet farming about 2 years ago and I have been reading and study a lot about Swiftlet farming from (Malaysia-Indonesia) forum, blog and book
until today.

The idea of Swiftlet farming came as I always looking for idea to diversify my family land at village. Currently the land is use for palm oil plantation.

I plan to build one bird house at my family land and I have a few question to all the swiftlet farmer here.

1. Anyone happen to know if Suai Niah (35km from Batu Niah town and Niah cave) can be a good potential location for swiftlet farming?
2. If the bird origin from the cave, can I still attract the bird to stay and making nest in my future bird house?

Look forward to get know everyone here and also sharing experiences.
Thank you.

This post has been edited by stewart_2611: Sep 26 2017, 04:03 PM
sishouse2
post Sep 26 2017, 11:06 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

looking to buy EBN for wife.pls pm.prefer melaka tangkak or muar area.COD
mois
post Sep 28 2017, 09:00 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

How is everyone doing lately? Month of September is really crazy one. Already way pass 2008-2010 prices. I still remember back then AB cup going for 4800 and triangle 3400. Now ABC is asking 5k with moisture.
gerald7
post Sep 29 2017, 11:30 AM

r a n d o m l y
2,245 posts

QUOTE(mois @ Sep 28 2017, 09:00 PM)
How is everyone doing lately? Month of September is really crazy one. Already way pass 2008-2010 prices. I still remember back then AB cup going for 4800 and triangle 3400. Now ABC is asking 5k with moisture.
because not enough supply ?
mois
post Sep 29 2017, 12:52 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(gerald7 @ Sep 29 2017, 11:30 AM)
because not enough supply ?
Can say like that. China remove 1 child policy. And many legal company coming out and all are giants. Consumer dare to eat unlike last time market full of chemical goods. All these years indonesia trying hard to win back consumer confidence and it work well until now. We have to thanks them otherwise we still stuck with sub 2k raw. Plus existing bird house population is not increasing due to over harvest and climate change.
gerald7
post Sep 29 2017, 01:10 PM

r a n d o m l y
2,245 posts

QUOTE(mois @ Sep 29 2017, 12:52 PM)
Can say like that. China remove 1 child policy. And many legal company coming out and all are giants. Consumer dare to eat unlike last time market full of chemical goods. All these years indonesia trying hard to win back consumer confidence and it work well until now. We have to thanks them otherwise we still stuck with sub 2k raw. Plus existing bird house population is not increasing due to over harvest and climate change.
my bh population no increase ley... thank goodness price got increase.. trying manythings to increase population. But my area a lot of BH... and with price increase looks like more coming further inwards
sinfullychocolate
post Sep 29 2017, 03:29 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(West Wing @ Jul 29 2017, 09:39 AM)
The best advice is for you to mix around with other BH owners around your area and they shall be your best friends to give you a fair qoute on you RBN. Others sources, 50% T /50%Fake news like Trump says.  Make friends n share for mutual better future. All for One and One for All for Fa Cai everyone.
Thanx West Wing. Totally agree with you regarding the 50% T/ 50% fake. Usually the price difference is a few hundred ringgit (RM300-500) depending which states ur located. A price difference of RM500 its a no no...RM100 or RM200 still acceptable.
sinfullychocolate
post Sep 29 2017, 03:45 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(mois @ Sep 28 2017, 09:00 PM)
Doing great...hahaha. Btw, want to thank you for the BN price info. Many buyers are looking to buy BN now and i was informed the price is around RM5k now but didnt know its ABC. I was quote AB only for that price. My BH no increase instead drop abt 40%...no clue why? Now trying to figure out how to increase it back to original state...used to have 1000++ nests. Since day one, i never throw eggs, not even once when the price was high back then. Some BH owners even advice me to throw eggs away at least once a year and i was thinking what the hell...yall are killing the birds for quick profit. Anyway, really appreciate your info.
sinfullychocolate
post Sep 29 2017, 03:49 PM

6 posts

Btw, how do you guys determine the value of a BH...assuming that i wanted to sell my BH? Does it based on how many nests in the house and plus the shop value? Thank you in advance.
stewart_2611
post Sep 29 2017, 04:01 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(gerald7 @ Sep 29 2017, 01:10 PM)
my bh population no increase ley... thank goodness price got increase.. trying manythings to increase population. But my area a lot of BH... and with price increase looks like more coming further inwards
Nowadays, the sky is getting less dark by number of swiftlet flying in center of Miri town compare to last time. Everyday look outside my office at 2 bird shop house near Maybank center town, their bird count look like less than 100 when the bird swarming outside their LMB at 7-8am and 5-7pm.
gerald7
post Sep 30 2017, 08:27 AM

r a n d o m l y
2,245 posts

well hopefully the price increase maintains. I think at this price range its quite comfortable ya? Bt over the past few months also heard an increase in BH break-ins
mois
post Oct 5 2017, 12:31 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(gerald7 @ Sep 30 2017, 08:27 AM)
well hopefully the price increase maintains. I think at this price range its quite comfortable ya? Bt over the past few months also heard an increase in BH break-ins
Last few days the bird nest increase by RM800. Some place already asking for RM6k.
blueblueoutofblue
post Oct 5 2017, 02:17 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(mois @ Oct 5 2017, 12:31 PM)
Last few days the bird nest increase by RM800. Some place already asking for RM6k.
Nice, hodl or sell ? tongue.gif
mois
post Oct 5 2017, 06:07 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(blueblueoutofblue @ Oct 5 2017, 02:17 PM)
Nice, hodl or sell ? tongue.gif
Hold and moon! brows.gif
gerald7
post Oct 6 2017, 07:33 AM

r a n d o m l y
2,245 posts

Wah.. crypto investors taikos all also doing ebn ah ? lol we should launch our own EBN ICO
boarulez
post Oct 9 2017, 04:58 PM

Casual
357 posts

Hi guys , didn't know there is a swiflet farming thread .
I've been running a small 1 for 5 years and counting .
Price is great lately. Hopefully will go up to 6 soon
Babablacksheep
post Oct 22 2017, 01:53 AM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Crazy days ahead.
Chinapress reported 10k per kg for unprocessed ebn.

123 Pages « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0281sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM