120 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

Tamsin
post Jan 2 2012, 12:30 AM

On my way
553 posts

Anyone here from Melaka ? Wanna get myself involved in a table tennis club here . Really interested in this sport .
Asica
post Jan 3 2012, 12:37 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Dec 20 2011, 07:41 AM)
Ok Ok. Now for the Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney.

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 12th February 2012 (Saturday)
Reach 10.30am for draw lots.
Time: 11am ~ 1pm.
End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.
For now we will set maximum player 16 people. Even if not enough 16 people we will still proceed with the game but bare in mind if less people maybe each of us need to fork out more for the table rental.

For price i will adjust accordingly. You want table tennis goods or hamper in junk food and biscuits? Just let me know suggestion please.
This is the base calculation.
Table rental if not mistaken each table per hour at UE3 is rm 6 per hour. if three table for two hours. = RM36
Food and drinks RM20
1st price RM40
2nd price RM30
3rd price RM20
Total = Rm 146
Hi,

I played about 5 years ago.. just sent email to presports about a new bat. Anyways I would like to come join the tourney for fun.. not very pro at all tho! smile.gif So you can put my name down.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Is UE3 otherwise known as Viva Mall? Is it in the Expo Hall? Sorry I am new to Malaysia so don't know my way around. Anyone have a google maps link to the infamous Uncle Lings? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Asica: Jan 3 2012, 05:01 PM
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 3 2012, 01:20 PM

On my way
519 posts

Its not the Expo Hall. Its at Block A. It's at office lots of Viva Mall which is located at the back (the side that is not facing Jalan Loke Yew).
littlebeettle
post Jan 3 2012, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,099 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 3 2012, 01:20 PM)
Its not the Expo Hall. Its at Block A. It's at office lots of Viva Mall which is located at the back (the side that is not facing Jalan Loke Yew).
Well described..

Gonna go there to check out and get 1 ultimately laugh.gif
Asica
post Jan 4 2012, 03:31 PM

19 posts

Hey guys just another question. Do table tennis clubs exist in Malaysia?

When I was in Melbourne there are a few regional clubs. You sign up for a season (say 3 months), are put into a grade and play every week with rankings etc.

From what I can see on google/forums, a lot of people *want* to play TT but either have no place or no friends in which to do so. Is there organised club play available at all?
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 4 2012, 04:21 PM

On my way
519 posts

Well, there are a few here and there. In cheras, there's a few clubs here and there such as Maluri club. I train at Petaling Jaya (Taman Paramount to be exact) and it's rather well-known among the veteran TT community. Perhaps you've heard of PJ Union TT center? Even Klang has a TT club there, where most of the state players train.

Anyway, the more I think of it, there's not much official clubs going on, but there's tons of people just meeting up regularly to play.

This post has been edited by Steven_aka_G: Jan 4 2012, 04:21 PM
pingpang
post Jan 5 2012, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Dec 30 2011, 10:31 AM)
It takes about 3 hours to finish 31 games with 3 tables(Estimated).Depend on how many player ,I'll try to arrange for the best system.

I suggest 4 group with 4 player because i dowan player that knockout early in (RR) leave,at least spend about 30minutes time stay n watch until the game end.

5 group with 3 player , those who knockout only played for 2 GAME n if they wanted to know whose the champion , they need to watch the following for 15 GAMES (1 hour +) until the game end.
TOURNAMENT SYSTEM(4 GROUP WITH 4 PLAYER)
Yes, that is quite fair to estimate around 3 - 3 1/2 hours for this tournament.

Back to list of participant for LYN Table Tennis Friendly Tourney :

"I want to join Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney"

End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Added on January 5, 2012, 4:00 pm
QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 4 2012, 03:31 PM)
Hey guys just another question. Do table tennis clubs exist in Malaysia?

When I was in Melbourne there are a few regional clubs. You sign up for a season (say 3 months), are put into a grade and play every week with rankings etc.

From what I can see on google/forums, a lot of people *want* to play TT but either have no place or no friends in which to do so. Is there organised club play available at all?
Table Tennis(tt) clubs do exist in Malaysia.
Most tt clubs in Malaysia are played as a social game, nothing competitive unless one is a state or national player who normally goes to his/her clubs for drills/practice/training etc. The clubs in KL/PJ do have walk-in rates as well as monthly membership.

Like what Steven mentioned earlier, there are a couple of clubs (note: some with as little as 2 tt tables only) in Cheras like 9th Mile Jalan Cheras, 11th miles Jalan Cheras, Taman Bolton, Kelab Pingpong B.T.H.O etc - all these in Cheras area of KL. Towards the other end of KL is a club based in the Jinjang (South) Chinese school (with 6 tables) but they only played at night from 7pm onwards.
Over in PJ, there is PJ Union in Taman Paramount, Star Elite Table Tennis in Puchong, OUG MCA Community Hall in Taman Overseas Union.

Many people want to play table tennis as stated in the forum but I must say these are people who want to play and after a while they just drop off. Unlike the handful of the people here like Steven, jim, K2002, deadevil and some others (pls don't get offended if I miss out your nicks) who have been playing the game regularly since many moons ago(check out the LYN PingPong v1).

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 5 2012, 04:00 PM
theng168
post Jan 5 2012, 08:17 PM

On my way
558 posts

QUOTE(Tamsin @ Jan 2 2012, 12:30 AM)
Anyone here from Melaka ? Wanna get myself involved in a table tennis club here . Really interested in this sport .
Hi Tamsin, me from Malacca too. Been too long never play already coz don't have kaki and dunno where to go to.

@Steven_aka_G, is it better if all of us can list out our location and put at the 1st page of the thread so we might easier to jio some kaki?
jz my 2 cents smile.gif
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 5 2012, 08:24 PM

On my way
519 posts

Hey! That sounds like a great idea. Alright, I'll edit the first post then. I need every to post where you play and where you're based =)
Asica
post Jan 5 2012, 08:27 PM

19 posts

I move between Puchong and Melaka weekly so can play in either area smile.gif
theng168
post Jan 5 2012, 08:31 PM

On my way
558 posts

@Steve, as mentioned, me from Malacca smile.gif

@Asica, hi, sounds like a student huh
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 5 2012, 08:33 PM

On my way
519 posts

Lol, Asica, if you're based in Puchong, there's Elite Star Training Center located right opposite IOI mall. You could play there, the crowd's good and the people are willing to teach =).
manBREASTer
post Jan 5 2012, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 5 2012, 08:33 PM)
Lol, Asica, if you're based in Puchong, there's Elite Star Training Center located right opposite IOI mall. You could play there, the crowd's good and the people are willing to teach =).
Hi, I am a newbie from Seri Kembangan.
What is the rate to play there?
jim_jim
post Jan 5 2012, 11:18 PM

39 posts

Star Elite Table Tennis Training Centre
1B, Jalan Kenari 4,Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Malaysia

Monday : 6-10pm
Tuesday : 3pm-5pm & 6-10pm
Wednesday : 6-10pm
Thursday :3pm-5pm & 6-10pm
Friday : 3pm-5pm & 6-10pm
Saturday : 6-10pm
Sunday: 6-10pm

For Non-member: RM8 per entry per person
For member: Registration fee RM50.00. Membership fee RM50 monthly

Facilities:
5 tables (Tibhar Top)
One multiball machine for training (RM10 per hour)
Air conditioned environment

For further information, kindly contact:
Cindy 016-205 8796 / Chun Guan 016- 605 8553
Email : starelitetabletennis@hotmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarEliteTableT ...

If you are going to P.J union, Steven is willing to teach too..smile.gif

This post has been edited by jim_jim: Jan 5 2012, 11:19 PM
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 5 2012, 11:56 PM

On my way
519 posts

manBREASTer, you could source out the playing time of the regulars at Kompleks 3k. There's two tables there and I think people play there quite often at night. =) Rates are something I do not know about though.

Jim, I'm definitely not in the place to give training advices to people lol. Not up to standard. =)
kuntilanak
post Jan 6 2012, 10:02 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jan 5 2012, 03:42 PM)
Yes, that is quite fair to estimate around 3 - 3 1/2 hours for this tournament.

Back to list of participant for LYN Table Tennis Friendly Tourney :

Fee RM 10

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Seems like I missed quite a bit of action since the last time I posted.
Arrg, darn, the tourney date... I'm not back from my extended leave yet... sad.gif
pingpang
post Jan 6 2012, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Tamsin @ Jan 2 2012, 12:30 AM)
If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of places people play table tennis in Melaka.
For Melaka town itself there is the Nanyang Press Hall where some ex-state player used to played there or some of the clan association like Persatuan Hainan or Persatuan Hokien etc also provide table tennis game among the members there.

For out of Melaka town, I only know of two, one in (or near JAsin) and another at Alor Gajah - please refer the Malaysian table tennis forum called PP4M for more details.
(Note : I am not from Melaka, but used to visit Melaka for makan2)

Added on January 6, 2012, 10:41 am
QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 5 2012, 11:56 PM)
manBREASTer, you could source out the playing time of the regulars at Kompleks 3k. There's two tables there and I think people play there quite often at night. =) Rates are something I do not know about though.

Jim, I'm definitely not in the place to give training advices to people lol. Not up to standard. =)
Yes, steven is correct. Please see ver.1 (this is ver.2) which I believe there was a member here played at the Serdang Raya community hall (2 tables) and he posted contacts for those within the vicinity to play nearby.
Then there is the Sri Kembangan MCA Hall near the market in the SK New village. I heard (never visit there before) some good "uncles" played there. Not sure of the operating time.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 6 2012, 10:41 AM
deadevil
post Jan 6 2012, 11:14 AM

27 posts

Anyone playing around PJ/PUCHONG area tonight?? i wanna join ~ happy.gif

This post has been edited by deadevil: Jan 6 2012, 11:15 AM
Asica
post Jan 6 2012, 04:41 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(pingpang)
snip
Thanks for reply smile.gif I was looking for good regular training so I too don't drop off my interest.

QUOTE(theng168 @ Jan 5 2012, 08:31 PM)
@Asica, hi, sounds like a student huh
I'm 29, Aussie expat, trying my hand at entrepeneur smile.gif

QUOTE(jim_jim @ Jan 5 2012, 11:18 PM)
snip
Cheers for that info re: Star Elite, just what I was looking for. So I can rock up without a training partner and just play socially? Sounds good I will check it out.
anson81
post Jan 6 2012, 07:36 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

I wish to make something clear, about the tourney date, 12th FEB 2012 suppose to be Sunday and not Saturday right?

Actually I am still thinking want to join the tourney or not, juz because that day is family day, as a father of a just born child, i couldnt spend too much time there. I am not a professional player, I was training at Chinwoo selangor for the pass century and glad to represent the club and joined quite number of tourney, i also had chance to be an assistant coach for the organization, not to show off or anything, just the member said we try to list out our location n some experience. I stay at cheras leisure mall area, not to say give up the sports, just maybe last time too much effort and time wasted there, I felt I missed a lot of things.

120 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0282sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:59 PM