13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

pingpang
post Nov 30 2011, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Nov 21 2011, 03:11 AM)
Welcome to V2 guys. =)

Previous thread
Wow, pingpong thread also > 125 pages edi.
Kudos to fellow LYN forumers for making this thread a success.

Just got back from Penang (work cum leisure), saw the HOPES (Pertandingan Pingpong Tunas Harapan) for boys and gals under 13yo & 10yo. Many little expert players there and the best thing is that in the quarter finals, about 5 states were represented. Better than the SUKMA where Selangor "bolot" 90% of the events except the team (won by WP) and women singles (won by Sarawak).

2 weeks out of practice edi. Now must dust the bat for some practice this evening in Puchong.
pingpang
post Dec 1 2011, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Dec 1 2011, 12:07 AM)
Lol.. How about we set a game for LYN players? What you guys think? It'll be nice and I think now that its the end of the year, we might have a decent crowd.
Steven,
Please count me in.

Had a good workout with jim2 yesterday at Puchong. Stroke a wee rusrty from long rest.

Added on December 8, 2011, 11:02 amA very busy week. No time to practice table tennis.

Will be going to Puchong again tomorrow evening.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Dec 8 2011, 11:02 AM
pingpang
post Jan 5 2012, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Dec 30 2011, 10:31 AM)
It takes about 3 hours to finish 31 games with 3 tables(Estimated).Depend on how many player ,I'll try to arrange for the best system.

I suggest 4 group with 4 player because i dowan player that knockout early in (RR) leave,at least spend about 30minutes time stay n watch until the game end.

5 group with 3 player , those who knockout only played for 2 GAME n if they wanted to know whose the champion , they need to watch the following for 15 GAMES (1 hour +) until the game end.
TOURNAMENT SYSTEM(4 GROUP WITH 4 PLAYER)
Yes, that is quite fair to estimate around 3 - 3 1/2 hours for this tournament.

Back to list of participant for LYN Table Tennis Friendly Tourney :

"I want to join Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney"

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 12th February 2012 (Saturday)
Reach 10.30am for draw lots.
Time: 11am ~ 1pm.
End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Added on January 5, 2012, 4:00 pm
QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 4 2012, 03:31 PM)
Hey guys just another question. Do table tennis clubs exist in Malaysia?

When I was in Melbourne there are a few regional clubs. You sign up for a season (say 3 months), are put into a grade and play every week with rankings etc.

From what I can see on google/forums, a lot of people *want* to play TT but either have no place or no friends in which to do so. Is there organised club play available at all?
Table Tennis(tt) clubs do exist in Malaysia.
Most tt clubs in Malaysia are played as a social game, nothing competitive unless one is a state or national player who normally goes to his/her clubs for drills/practice/training etc. The clubs in KL/PJ do have walk-in rates as well as monthly membership.

Like what Steven mentioned earlier, there are a couple of clubs (note: some with as little as 2 tt tables only) in Cheras like 9th Mile Jalan Cheras, 11th miles Jalan Cheras, Taman Bolton, Kelab Pingpong B.T.H.O etc - all these in Cheras area of KL. Towards the other end of KL is a club based in the Jinjang (South) Chinese school (with 6 tables) but they only played at night from 7pm onwards.
Over in PJ, there is PJ Union in Taman Paramount, Star Elite Table Tennis in Puchong, OUG MCA Community Hall in Taman Overseas Union.

Many people want to play table tennis as stated in the forum but I must say these are people who want to play and after a while they just drop off. Unlike the handful of the people here like Steven, jim, K2002, deadevil and some others (pls don't get offended if I miss out your nicks) who have been playing the game regularly since many moons ago(check out the LYN PingPong v1).

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 5 2012, 04:00 PM
pingpang
post Jan 6 2012, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Tamsin @ Jan 2 2012, 12:30 AM)
Anyone here from Melaka ? Wanna get myself involved in a table tennis club here . Really interested in this sport .
If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of places people play table tennis in Melaka.
For Melaka town itself there is the Nanyang Press Hall where some ex-state player used to played there or some of the clan association like Persatuan Hainan or Persatuan Hokien etc also provide table tennis game among the members there.

For out of Melaka town, I only know of two, one in (or near JAsin) and another at Alor Gajah - please refer the Malaysian table tennis forum called PP4M for more details.
(Note : I am not from Melaka, but used to visit Melaka for makan2)

Added on January 6, 2012, 10:41 am
QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 5 2012, 11:56 PM)
manBREASTer, you could source out the playing time of the regulars at Kompleks 3k. There's two tables there and I think people play there quite often at night. =) Rates are something I do not know about though.

Jim, I'm definitely not in the place to give training advices to people lol. Not up to standard. =)
Yes, steven is correct. Please see ver.1 (this is ver.2) which I believe there was a member here played at the Serdang Raya community hall (2 tables) and he posted contacts for those within the vicinity to play nearby.
Then there is the Sri Kembangan MCA Hall near the market in the SK New village. I heard (never visit there before) some good "uncles" played there. Not sure of the operating time.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 6 2012, 10:41 AM
pingpang
post Jan 16 2012, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(anson81 @ Jan 6 2012, 07:36 PM)
I wish to make something clear, about the tourney date, 12th FEB 2012 suppose to be Sunday and not Saturday right?

Actually I am still thinking want to join the tourney or not, juz because that day is family day, as a father of a just born child, i couldnt spend too much time there. I am not a professional player, I was training at Chinwoo selangor for the pass century and glad to represent the club and joined quite number of tourney, i also had chance to be an assistant coach for the organization, not to show off or anything, just the member said we try to list out our location n some experience. I stay at cheras leisure mall area, not to say give up the sports, just maybe last time too much effort and time wasted there, I felt I missed a lot of things.
Wow! Playing in Chinwoo and represent chinwoo - you must be very advance level by now. To my understanding, anyone pracitising in Chinwoo, their tt standard is quite high.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:47 am
QUOTE(ricstc @ Jan 8 2012, 09:02 PM)
I asked to join this group and maybe that will motivate me to start TT again with some of  you all.

I live in Seri Kembangan and my new house (2+ years old) is a 3 storey one and I bought it because the 3rd floor could be renovated/extended to become a training studio.

So I paid over 26K on extension, flooring, lighting etc, bought a RM1500+ table and happily played with my Y&T till my illness. Now thigh muscles weak, weak fore and backhand - really sad.

Anyway, once I get to know you all - sure - come to my place to spar - feel free.

Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome ricstc! Wow! A tt studio in your house!
Would love to visit you, maybe after CNY, to check out your playing studio and test your robot, that is with your permission.
As for me, I love to meet-up with fellow table tennis enthusiasts. My playing level is so-so only (jimjim can vouch for me) as I only plays once a week as a social game at Star Elite on Friday evening (after 7.30pm).
You can join me and jimjim this Friday if you are free.
FYI, walk in rate is RM8/= per session (a session can be morning or afternoon or evening), members fee is RM50/month at Star Elite.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:50 am
QUOTE(deadevil @ Jan 9 2012, 01:45 AM)
How many member here play in STARELTE ?

Steven : u training in UNION every night?
Hello deadevil,

I play at Star Elite, Puchong once a week on Friday evening.
If you are free can join me and jimjim this Friday.
Will PM you my contact details.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:57 am
QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 15 2012, 10:23 PM)
Just got back from Star Elite where I met and practised with jim_jim. Was good to meet you man! Thanks for putting up with my very rusty game while I swept out the cobwebs as well as adjusting to my new bat. By the end I hope I was a little more competitive. Still a lot to learn though smile.gif

Any other members here go down to SE? I'm hoping to practice twice a week.

Oh and can I say as an expat playing TT in Malaysia for the first time.. its damn hot!! sweat.gif
Hello asica,
I do play at Star Elite every Friday evening.
Hope to join you and jim this Friday.

Added on January 16, 2012, 12:28 pmHello Everone,

I notice that the First LY.N Friendly is on 11/2/2012 (Saturday) which is 3 weeks from now.
And as of todate only 9 members have registered so far.

My question is : Is there a minimum pax for this Friendly?
If there are none, my suggestion if there are only 10 pax (worst scenario) 2 Groups of 5 can play with the top two of the group goes to semi-final.
If there are 12 pax, then a group of 3 pax per group will play with the winner of each group goes into semi.

A small problem may arise if there are 14 pax or any of the odd number of members participating. But this may be resolved with some of the group having fewer pax in their group compared with others.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 16 2012, 12:28 PM
pingpang
post Jan 17 2012, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 17 2012, 01:07 PM)
Cheers for the heads up Jim; forgot that SETTC was closed this Friday.

Everyone ok to make it this Thursday (19th) night instead? I can be there.
Alright Asica. See you this Thursday evening at SETTC.

BTW, Thanks jimjim for the update on the closure of SETTC on Friday (20/1/12) for the Chinese New Year Festive season. For everyone info. SETTC will reopen the week after on Friday (27/1/12).

pingpang
post Jan 20 2012, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Jan 17 2012, 10:23 PM)
yupz , eng choon is in little india there

MCA pandamaran is abit far from me , so i'll just go to engchoon to play.

If u need rubber in klang...u may contact mr.tan . He can get the rubber u want n price comfirm cheaper than those retail shop.

Klang Ping Pong Centre

STTA(Selangor Table Tennis Association)
Hokkian Association
Eng Choon
Wei Shan
Klang Club
LKS ping pong centre (not sure is the right name or not )
MCA PANDAMARAN
The "Wei Shan" above I think refers to Wai Shin Club, Klang.

Mr Tan is the coach for the Selangor HOPES contigent (for under 13 yo & under 10 yo table tennis students). I believe he is also active in Eng Choon Club, Klang (in Mandarin it is Yong Chun club, in Cantonese it is Wing Chun club) as well as Royal Klang Club. Met him a few times last year (when he co-organised the Royal Klang Club 130th year anniversary, met him in Penang during the National HOPES competition in November last year) and lastly accidendly "bumped" into Mr Tan during a common friend wedding dinner last week.
Mr. Tan is a very nice person, very good in table tennis (especially his service). I have seen many of his student has "blossom" into very good table tennis player. (I think one of them is deadevil, right?)

Was at SETTC yesterday, but quite late as I have an appointment earlier. Miss asica even though I had inform him that I will be there yesterday. Nice meeting steven and deadevil. (of course regulars like jim_jim too)

Below is a candid shot of the "2 dragons" in action - steven_aka_G (or to me it is Steven Gerard, the Liverpool FC captain) in orange and deadevil (in white).

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 20 2012, 10:34 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
pingpang
post Jan 20 2012, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

Just to bring up the LY.net Friendly tourney as initiated by fellow member K2002 in post#18 page 1:

Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney.

Those want to join just give me name and says " I want to join lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney"

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 11th February 2012 (Saturday) <- just edit to proper date.
Reach 10.30am for draw lots.
Time: 11am ~ 1pm.
End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.

For now we will set maximum player 16 people. Even if not enough 16 people we will still proceed with the game but bare in mind if less people maybe each of us need to fork out more for the table rental.

For price i will adjust accordingly. You want table tennis goods or hamper in junk food and biscuits? Just let me know suggestion please.

This is the base calculation.
Table rental if not mistaken each table per hour at UE3 is rm 6 per hour. if three table for two hours. = RM36
Food and drinks RM20
1st price RM40
2nd price RM30
3rd price RM20

Total = Rm 146

Provided if got 16 people each people fork out rm10
If want better food and hamper price. need to fork out more too.

If less than 10 people hamper and food price will be lower. unless you guys want to pay rm 15 each.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8) deadevil
9) ricstc
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

To K2002,

I would suggest to do without the "food" part so all members can enjoy the game at a reasonable price. After the friendly, we all can adjourned to any "mamak" stall nearby to chit chat and exchange views.
For me, it is the "making friends whose interests in table tennis" and "to sweat out" part is what I am looking forward.

If you require any assistance in coordinating or to come out with the score sheet/result slip, I will be more than willing to help.

To Those celebrating Chinese New Year (CNY), "GONG XI FATT CHAI!

and those driving out of town, please be alert and careful on the highway.

Take care and have a Happy Holidays!

pingpang
post Feb 1 2012, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Feb 1 2012, 07:02 AM)
i will be going table tennis at star elite this evening. Anyone else coming? around 5pm ~ 9.30pm.
Hello,

I will be there around 8pm onwards. Still recovering from CNY meals (Lunch & dinners).

Added on February 1, 2012, 10:37 am
QUOTE(bobdabuilda @ Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM)
hey guys, i need a little recommendation. i have been using a china LAK blade (penhold OFF+) with hurricane 3 black on my forehand and hurricane 2 red RPB for almost 3 years? i'm glad to say that the bat has been a good one, especially since it was my first tho i had a little tweaks with the rubber. but yeah, i'm looking for a new playstyle, just for fun, especially since i play socially. should i opt for an even faster blade or a slower blade which gives me more spin and control? i find it fairly easy to control my current blade (i'm aware that its not really that fast) but would it be very much different if i go for a carbon blade? i have probably about 3 weeks time to get my new blade since i'll be heading back overseas for my studies. would appreciate it if you guys could comment. sorry for just crashing btw!
Hi bobdabuilda,
To answer your question : "should i opt for an even faster blade or a slower blade which gives me more spin and control?" - ask yourself what type of game do you want to play, fast attacking game or a slower control game.
If you opt for the former, a carbon bat or a fast wooden bat with fast rubber may be suitable for you. But if you opt for the latter, then your current set-up should be enough.

For me, as I am consider a beginner, I prefer to use a slow wooden bat with medium speed rubber. I have try using a fast carbon blade with (1) tenergy rubber - fast rubber (2) sriver-medium speed rubber (note: the bat is my fren's) and I have trouble controlling the speed of the ball. So, in the end, I still prefer the slow and control type of game.

Added on February 1, 2012, 10:42 am
QUOTE(Wormyfried @ Jan 29 2012, 12:46 AM)
i thought china rubbers and tensor rubbers are the same! no?  hmm.gif
China rubbers generally refers to all rubbers made in China. For example rubbers made by DHS (Double Happiness Company), 729 Friendship, Palio, Dawei, Yin Her, Globe etc.

Tensor rubbers are rubbers made using "tension technology", first introduced in Germany (I think). For further details, please refer "Uncle Wiki". Most tensor rubbers have a marking "Tensor-Bios" or something to that effect.
Nowadays most table tennis rubber manufacturers like Andro, Nittaku, Yasaka, Donic etc have tensor rubbers in their range. Not forgetting China rubbers manufacturers like Palio also have tensor rubbers.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Feb 1 2012, 10:42 AM
pingpang
post Feb 2 2012, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Feb 1 2012, 10:44 PM)
8.00 AM for draw lot ? its abit early for me @_@ , But i think it can't finish within 3 hours (approx 1 game  <  25min)

I got no training time for my self till the date of tournament , i still cant get the feeling of my BH...anyone here using short pimp that can guide me ?
Same here, also no training time for my self till the date of tournament. Didn't touch table tennis for 2 weeks.
I will be at Star Elite tomorrow evening, if you need someone to feed ball for your BH practice, I can be of help.

Have a Good Day.
pingpang
post Feb 3 2012, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(anson81 @ Feb 2 2012, 05:38 PM)
hello... just 2 weeks ok la.... i just out of it for almost 8 years since i came out to this busy society.... lol....
this 2 days looking for old friends to spar a bit before 11th.... but no one free.... lol
If you are free today evening at Puchong. I do not mind sparing with you. That is if you can accept a novice like me.

Added on February 3, 2012, 12:23 pm
QUOTE(korean_girlsclub @ Feb 3 2012, 10:37 AM)
I have 5 persons would like to join the tournament. Can?
Based on the registration by LY.N members todate, anson is right is saying there is only 2 places left for the friendly tournament. Hopefully all members register in the thread will show up on that day.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Feb 3 2012, 12:23 PM
pingpang
post Feb 3 2012, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(anson81 @ Feb 3 2012, 12:36 PM)
pingpang, you doesn't sound novice to me, if you are.... then i am baby liow.... lolz,
btw, tonight puchong where? what time? can bring friend?
The place is at Puchomg Jaya, at Star Elite Table Tennis center.
Please refer page 5, post #84 by jim2 on the location.
Walk-in rate is RM8.00 per pax.
I will be there by 7.45-8pm and will be around till 10pm.
pingpang
post Feb 8 2012, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Feb 5 2012, 08:01 PM)
Unfortunately I went to SE tonight but it was full of school kids.. not a spare table in the house. Also apparently the Robot is broken, so I left without my fix.

If anyone is keen for a warm-up before the tournament either this Thursday or Friday let me know!
Sunday normally is for the center students. That is why no member/walk in public can be seen.

I will be at SETTC on Thursday around 7.30pm.
Was not feeling well last couple of days. Last played was last Friday with Frostyllik and before that was before CNY. Really short of match practice.

Added on February 8, 2012, 9:38 am
QUOTE(xxdawnxx @ Feb 8 2012, 12:00 AM)
I want to join lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney

Name: Tommy Lim
On behalf of K2002, I've added you in the tournament list.

Participant Lists (Updated Feb 8th 2012 9.30am)

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) *
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8) deadevil
9) ricstc
10)Darrylnck
11)anson81
12)wormyfried
13)MingYan
14)frostyylik
15)MEXTEMAN
16)xxdawnxx

*chernloon is down with chicken pox not able to join taken out from the list.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Feb 8 2012, 09:38 AM
pingpang
post Feb 10 2012, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Feb 10 2012, 11:01 AM)
I think K2002 said he'd be at Star Elite tonight, I will also try to be there from 6-8pm.
Alright mate.
See you & K2002 this evening at SETTC. Had just recover from flu.
pingpang
post Feb 10 2012, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(anson81 @ Feb 10 2012, 04:55 PM)
aww...... too bad i got something to do tonight... if not i sure go to meet you guys first.... Sh*t.... i haven't go to my store room to find out my blade....
Never mind. Can borrow from friends at the center.
You play PH or HS? I have extra PH (Chinese blade) if this suits you.
I will be there around 7.15pm.
pingpang
post Feb 11 2012, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

It was a Good Friendly Tournament by LY.Net members at Plaza UE3 (now known as Viva mall).
A very Big Thank You to K2002 for organising the Friendly.
Nice meeting you guys this orm.morning, got my perfect "sweat out" (even after the official friendly ended, some members still invite me to have a game with them, really a "marathon friendly")

It was good to see Worm "worming his way to the final but in the end it was Tommy who has caught up with the Worm.

There were 4 Groups - A, B, C & D.
Qualifiers from respective Group :
A - Steven, Deadevil (Ng)
B- Botakbin, Tommy
C - Worm(Ian), Asica (Stuart)
D - Frostylik, Pingpang

In the elimination round (Quarter-finals) only 4 players made it to the semi-final - Steven vs Worm and Tommy vs Asica.
In the end Tommy and Worm made it to the Final.
Third placing goes to Asica who overcame Steven.
pingpang
post Feb 21 2012, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(zarul90 @ Feb 18 2012, 01:07 AM)
I missed the tournament ady? rclxub.gif cannot play with double fish bat? hehe..

Thinking want to buy new bat.. which should i buy? and rubber.. I want try to use nice spin rubber..
Play with double fish bat oso can. Last time I play with no name bat until rubber becomes hard, then hafta change.

Added on February 21, 2012, 8:58 am
QUOTE(jim_jim @ Feb 19 2012, 10:05 PM)
wow....l only stroke ball there for a while, not good enough..but now did't go.. yawn.gif
teach me simple stroke =p she's pro too -- is she sock khim ?  laugh.gif
Normally on Sunday, people like Koh Mao Shen, Sock Knim will be there as they do not have centralised session with the Malaysian team. Apart from them, some other friends of Sock Khim oso played on Sunday Morning, the Wong brothers and their family (in their 50s and 60s, standard of play = state level). I remember one Mrs Wong is an ex-National, used to played at Happy Garden MCA Hall.

Steven,
Do not be surprise if Mao Shen (M'sia #3) plays at Star Elite. Before the Malaysian Open, Chan Koon Wah (the Men Singles Champion) used to practice with Sock Khim at SETTC.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Feb 21 2012, 08:58 AM
pingpang
post Feb 22 2012, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(zarul90 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:37 PM)
Im looking used pingpong table.. anybody sell it?
There is a tournament this weekend (From Fri 24/2 - 26/2), the Menteri Side Spin at Cheras Badminton Stadium. You can check with the organiser there if the tables are available as I know from past that the tournament will have all new tables and the organiser sold all the tables at used tables after each tournament.
pingpang
post Mar 1 2012, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(il0ve51 @ Feb 28 2012, 12:25 PM)
got bat and ball just dont have partner and table
You can play at Ling's place (the place where we had our 1st LYN table tennis tourney) on Sunday 1-3pm (for beginner stage). Any other time on Sat & Sun will be slightly higher level. Do mingle with the people there and make friends and play "stroke" together.

Added on March 1, 2012, 2:58 pm
QUOTE(scaloepz @ Feb 29 2012, 11:08 PM)
hi, i'm newbie here..from dengkil..if got anyone from dengkil, we can play together..thnx..
Nearest to Dengkil will be either Putrajaya or Puchong Perdana (community hall near the mosque).
Previously, there was a member by the name of Dave (he plays table tennis too) who is staying in Dengkil.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Mar 1 2012, 02:58 PM
pingpang
post Mar 2 2012, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(mad_geist @ Mar 1 2012, 03:22 PM)
Where is the Puchong Perdana Community hall Exactly? I happen to work around Puchong and wouldnt mind going there to play PingPong
You can search from pp4m forum (a local table tennis forum). Extract from the forum under "places to play" :
"kat puchong utama kat puchong courts 2 taman puchong utama.nampak flat 5 tkt cari block D kat ujung sekali ada 1 dewan serbaguna".

Added on March 2, 2012, 9:21 am
QUOTE(photoshutterz @ Mar 1 2012, 08:50 AM)
Hi,

Need recommendation for good Chinese Penhold , with reasonable price.
Preferably  price below RM150.

Thanks.
Which level are you - beginner, intermediate, advanced table tennis player?
For beginner and intermediate, IMO maybe a Stiga Energy Wood or a Palio bat with a Chinese rubber to fit within your budget.

But first you need to feel the bat before purchasing it, as some bat may feel too small on the handle, some may be too big or some too heavy. I would suggest you to go to the shop and get a "feel" of the bat.

Added on March 2, 2012, 9:37 am
QUOTE(MEXTEMAN @ Mar 2 2012, 09:11 AM)
any place to recommend for rubber at decent price ? around KL,Puchong ??

Has to make the 'Spring return'
KL - Ling's place (next to Viva Mall), Tong Kee's place (Pertama Complex, only Butterfly brand products).
Puchong - most of the sports shops or Star Elite Tabletennis Center at Puchong Jaya but the price decent or not, I am not sure as I never buy from them. I have only bought from Ling's place and Presports (Trioxe Sports Trading) at Jaya One in PJ.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Mar 2 2012, 09:37 AM

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:16 AM