Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

theng168
post Jan 6 2012, 08:48 PM

On my way
558 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jan 6 2012, 10:35 AM)
If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of places people play table tennis in Melaka.
For Melaka town itself there is the Nanyang Press Hall where some ex-state player used to played there or some of the clan association like Persatuan Hainan or Persatuan Hokien etc also provide table tennis game among the members there.

For out of Melaka town, I only know of two, one in (or near JAsin) and another at Alor Gajah - please refer the Malaysian table tennis forum called PP4M for more details.
(Note : I am not from Melaka, but used to visit Melaka for makan2)

Added on January 6, 2012, 10:41 am

Yes, steven is correct. Please see ver.1 (this is ver.2) which I believe there was a member here played at the Serdang Raya community hall (2 tables) and he posted contacts for those within the vicinity to play nearby.
Then there is the Sri Kembangan MCA Hall near the market in the SK New village. I heard (never visit there before) some good "uncles" played there. Not sure of the operating time.
thanks for the info smile.gif

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 6 2012, 04:41 PM)
I'm 29, Aussie expat, trying my hand at entrepeneur smile.gif
Cheers for that info re: Star Elite, just what I was looking for. So I can rock up without a training partner and just play socially? Sounds good I will check it out.
ic, good, qiong when you still young, although im younger hahah.
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 6 2012, 09:28 PM

On my way
519 posts

Wow. Thanks to anson, I didn't even notice the mistake. Hmm, I'd opt for a Saturday honestly as Sunday is also a family day for me. What say you guys?

edit: Anyone playing today? I'm bored.

This post has been edited by Steven_aka_G: Jan 7 2012, 10:37 AM
anson81
post Jan 7 2012, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 6 2012, 09:28 PM)
Wow. Thanks to anson, I didn't even notice the mistake. Hmm, I'd opt for a Saturday honestly as Sunday is also a family day for me. What say you guys?

edit: Anyone playing today? I'm bored.
so steven, it will be on 11th of FEB right? If so, i will double check if my work can let me take leave that day and join you guys.
i suggest you update the tourney details and participant on the front page.
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 7 2012, 12:43 PM

On my way
519 posts

I'll update it when everyone gets a look at it, especially K2002 and deadevil. They were the ones who contributed the most in the planning. =) Is that alright?
snowberry
post Jan 7 2012, 10:36 PM

On my way
504 posts

Selling a table tennis table including the net.

RM400 negotiate to sell.

any interested pm me.

skod
post Jan 8 2012, 05:38 AM

Regular
1,038 posts

Hi all.

I just ordered a bat with bag from presports, payment through M2U.
In the Description of Transaction, I put my Order No.

Do I need to update anything with them (e.g. email printscreen etc) or that desciption of transaction is enough for them to track who paid for which items?

Another thing is, how long before I can enjoy my new weapon? flex.gif

Thanks
ricstc
post Jan 8 2012, 05:54 AM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Dec 20 2011, 07:41 AM)
Ok Ok. Now for the Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney.

Those want to join just give me name and says " i want to join lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney"

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 12th February 2012 (Saturday)
Reach 10.30am for draw lots.
Time: 11am ~ 1pm.
End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.
For now we will set maximum player 16 people. Even if not enough 16 people we will still proceed with the game but bare in mind if less people maybe each of us need to fork out more for the table rental.

For price i will adjust accordingly. You want table tennis goods or hamper in junk food and biscuits? Just let me know suggestion please.
This is the base calculation.
Table rental if not mistaken each table per hour at UE3 is rm 6 per hour. if three table for two hours. = RM36
Food and drinks RM20
1st price RM40
2nd price RM30
3rd price RM20
Total = Rm 146

Provided if got 15 people each people fork out rm10
If want better food and hamper price. need to fork out more too.

If less than 10 people hamper and food price will be lower. unless you guys want to pay rm 15 each.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
Hi,
Would like to join this group please.

Background - been playing for 10+years - at peak was going ping pong clubbing almost every night - different associations, chinese schools etc.
Have undergone MSSM youth training before - have hired Local & Chinese coach for individual coaching before - have own 2 ping pong robots (newgy - sold) and since 2 years ago (Y&T from Mr Ling UE3).
Built a RM26,000 TT studio at my new house - enough for robot training and small tourney.

Current shape: Bad. Stopped TT totally since 1 year ago after I started loosing muscles due to a chronic illness. Still have strokes and can spar but not competitive anymore.

Still, TT has been the love of my life and its never left me.

Can join you all?
notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by ricstc: Jan 8 2012, 05:55 AM
jim_jim
post Jan 8 2012, 10:25 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(ricstc @ Jan 8 2012, 05:54 AM)
Hi,
Would like to join this group please.

Background - been playing for 10+years - at peak was going ping pong clubbing almost every night - different associations, chinese schools etc.
Have undergone MSSM youth training before - have hired Local & Chinese coach for individual coaching before - have own 2 ping pong robots (newgy - sold) and since 2 years ago (Y&T from Mr Ling UE3).
Built a RM26,000 TT studio at my new house  - enough for robot training and small tourney.

Current shape: Bad. Stopped TT totally since 1 year ago after I started loosing muscles due to a chronic illness. Still have strokes and can spar but not competitive anymore.

Still, TT has been the love of my life and its never left me.

Can join you all?
notworthy.gif
Hi Ricstc.

Sure you can join the firendly match. Steven & K2002 is a good person with good TT skill smile.gif

Steven & K2002 Sifu, please add ricstc on the list. tongue.gif

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) ricstc

Wow, Built a RM26,000 TT studio at your new house - is the TT studio still available? where is your TT studio? tongue.gif
Wow, 10+years playing, undergone MSSM youth training before.... ricstc must be a sifu level...& ricstc must be famous in malaysia TT group.

thanks
ricstc
post Jan 8 2012, 09:02 PM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

QUOTE(jim_jim @ Jan 8 2012, 10:25 AM)
Hi Ricstc.

Sure you can join the firendly match. Steven & K2002 is a good person with good TT skill smile.gif
Steven & K2002 Sifu, please add ricstc on the list.  tongue.gif

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) ricstc
Wow, Built a RM26,000 TT studio at your new house - is the TT studio still available? where is your TT studio? tongue.gif
Wow, 10+years playing, undergone MSSM youth training before.... ricstc must be a sifu level...& ricstc must be famous in malaysia TT group.

thanks
Thank you very much. But I didnt mean to apply to play at this tourney - it wont do me or anyone justice because I havent played TT for exactly 1 year as of today!

I asked to join this group and maybe that will motivate me to start TT again with some of you all.

I live in Seri Kembangan and my new house (2+ years old) is a 3 storey one and I bought it because the 3rd floor could be renovated/extended to become a training studio.

So I paid over 26K on extension, flooring, lighting etc, bought a RM1500+ table and happily played with my Y&T till my illness. Now thigh muscles weak, weak fore and backhand - really sad.

Anyway, once I get to know you all - sure - come to my place to spar - feel free.

Thanks for the welcome!

TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 8 2012, 09:34 PM

On my way
519 posts

Pleasure to meet you ricstc. It's alright actually to join just to meet new people and have some fun. Do take care of your illness though. And please, don't listen to Jim. He seems to think I'm some great player which I'm clearly not. =)
jim_jim
post Jan 8 2012, 11:03 PM

39 posts

oops...i though ricstc want to join the friendly match...
Take care ricstc!
Steven...tongue.gif
ricstc
post Jan 8 2012, 11:30 PM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

Thanks. Tournament - not ready. Need to build up again. Playing or sparring sure. Want to start again.

Anyone play-playing regularly? Don't mind to travel to play - as long as you guys accept the company and variety of styles.

Any place anyone can recommend?
jim_jim
post Jan 9 2012, 12:25 AM

39 posts

wow...what blade & rubber are you using ric?
deadevil
post Jan 9 2012, 01:45 AM

27 posts

Sometimes i feel like want to give up TT , i'm so depressed that i cant get back the last 10 years ago performance...now i having low stamina,movement slow,no offensive,bad control...etc

But , i'm really happy that i can make some new friend here.

How many member here play in STARELTE ?

Steven : u training in UNION every night?

cede1975
post Jan 9 2012, 02:19 AM

8 posts

Intermediate skill, picking up handshake, have a good FH stroke but weak BH. looking for partner to train and spar. Staying at Kajang Sungai chua. Been to star elite couple of times already. Please PM.
K2002
post Jan 9 2012, 07:41 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

I just edited on the first page. the date suppose to be 11 feb 2012 this is Saturday.

Please let me know anyone i miss.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8) deadevil
9) ricstc
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

ricstc
post Jan 9 2012, 04:59 PM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

QUOTE(jim_jim @ Jan 9 2012, 12:25 AM)
wow...what blade & rubber are you using ric?
Blade http://www.prasidha.com.hk/blade.htm Prasidha Hinoki Cross Carbon Offensive++

Rubber STIGA Boost TC and Boost TP

Used to be very good backhand - better than forehand (bcos was trained badly in forehand - coach was old fashioned European type style, so no laku nowadays but hard to change - old already)

Where can I play - where are the friendly players like you all playing?
K2002
post Jan 9 2012, 07:52 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

I play at star elite but this month not playing maybe start back again next month. Where do you play currently ricstc maybe can play once i come back from work at cyberjaya. you stay near leisure mall?
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 9 2012, 11:30 PM

On my way
519 posts

deadevil: Yeah, I just came back from Union XD. I train there every week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday unless I got held from work or family. =)
jim_jim
post Jan 10 2012, 12:02 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jan 9 2012, 11:30 PM)
deadevil: Yeah, I just came back from Union XD. I train there every week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday unless I got held from work or family. =)
wow...pro.. rclxm9.gif

120 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:39 PM