120 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

MADReaLJL
post Jan 14 2012, 08:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,046 posts

last night i played ping pong after havent playing for almost 3 years.. surprised im still very good at it.. i love table tennis!! tongue.gif
Asica
post Jan 15 2012, 11:26 AM

19 posts

Hey guys just bought a new bat from Presports Office. Apparently a cheap all-rounder hehe, could only spend RM330. For any interested its a Butterfly PETR KORBEL-FL OFF blade with Yasaka Mark V one side, Shriver FX on the other.

Realised its closer to 9 years since I played, hope I don't get too embarrassed when I finally hit the court again.

Was thinking about going down to Star Elite Puchong tonight around 6-7pm. Anyone else from here keen? smile.gif

botakbin
post Jan 15 2012, 11:29 AM

Heavily inclined to the dark side muahaha
5,304 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 15 2012, 11:26 AM)
Hey guys just bought a new bat from Presports Office. Apparently a cheap all-rounder hehe, could only spend RM330. For any interested its a Butterfly PETR KORBEL-FL OFF blade with Yasaka Mark V one side, Shriver FX on the other.

Realised its closer to 9 years since I played, hope I don't get too embarrassed when I finally hit the court again.

Was thinking about going down to Star Elite Puchong tonight around 6-7pm. Anyone else from here keen? smile.gif
good combo. no nid go with all those fancy rubbers cos its not practical.
jim_jim
post Jan 15 2012, 01:05 PM

39 posts

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.facebook.com/StarEliteTableTenn...gCentre?sk=wall

Star Elite Table Tennis Training Centre
1B, Jalan Kenari 4,Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Malaysia

For Non-member: RM8 per entry per person
For member: Registration fee RM50.00. Membership fee RM50 monthly

Facilities:
5 tables (Tibhar Top)
One multiball machine for training (RM10 per hour)
Air conditioned environment

For further information, kindly contact:
Cindy 016-205 8796 / Chun Guan 016- 605 8553
Email : starelitetabletennis@hotmail.com

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by jim_jim: Feb 9 2012, 10:29 PM
deadevil
post Jan 15 2012, 04:11 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 15 2012, 11:26 AM)

Maybe i'll go after i go bdr puteri collect payment , i think around 7-8pm =)

just changed to short pimple on friday ...need to take times to practice n advice from sifu

Asica
post Jan 15 2012, 10:23 PM

19 posts

Just got back from Star Elite where I met and practised with jim_jim. Was good to meet you man! Thanks for putting up with my very rusty game while I swept out the cobwebs as well as adjusting to my new bat. By the end I hope I was a little more competitive. Still a lot to learn though smile.gif

Any other members here go down to SE? I'm hoping to practice twice a week.

Oh and can I say as an expat playing TT in Malaysia for the first time.. its damn hot!! sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Asica: Jan 15 2012, 10:23 PM
pingpang
post Jan 16 2012, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(anson81 @ Jan 6 2012, 07:36 PM)
I wish to make something clear, about the tourney date, 12th FEB 2012 suppose to be Sunday and not Saturday right?

Actually I am still thinking want to join the tourney or not, juz because that day is family day, as a father of a just born child, i couldnt spend too much time there. I am not a professional player, I was training at Chinwoo selangor for the pass century and glad to represent the club and joined quite number of tourney, i also had chance to be an assistant coach for the organization, not to show off or anything, just the member said we try to list out our location n some experience. I stay at cheras leisure mall area, not to say give up the sports, just maybe last time too much effort and time wasted there, I felt I missed a lot of things.
Wow! Playing in Chinwoo and represent chinwoo - you must be very advance level by now. To my understanding, anyone pracitising in Chinwoo, their tt standard is quite high.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:47 am
QUOTE(ricstc @ Jan 8 2012, 09:02 PM)
I asked to join this group and maybe that will motivate me to start TT again with some of  you all.

I live in Seri Kembangan and my new house (2+ years old) is a 3 storey one and I bought it because the 3rd floor could be renovated/extended to become a training studio.

So I paid over 26K on extension, flooring, lighting etc, bought a RM1500+ table and happily played with my Y&T till my illness. Now thigh muscles weak, weak fore and backhand - really sad.

Anyway, once I get to know you all - sure - come to my place to spar - feel free.

Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome ricstc! Wow! A tt studio in your house!
Would love to visit you, maybe after CNY, to check out your playing studio and test your robot, that is with your permission.
As for me, I love to meet-up with fellow table tennis enthusiasts. My playing level is so-so only (jimjim can vouch for me) as I only plays once a week as a social game at Star Elite on Friday evening (after 7.30pm).
You can join me and jimjim this Friday if you are free.
FYI, walk in rate is RM8/= per session (a session can be morning or afternoon or evening), members fee is RM50/month at Star Elite.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:50 am
QUOTE(deadevil @ Jan 9 2012, 01:45 AM)
How many member here play in STARELTE ?

Steven : u training in UNION every night?
Hello deadevil,

I play at Star Elite, Puchong once a week on Friday evening.
If you are free can join me and jimjim this Friday.
Will PM you my contact details.

Added on January 16, 2012, 10:57 am
QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 15 2012, 10:23 PM)
Just got back from Star Elite where I met and practised with jim_jim. Was good to meet you man! Thanks for putting up with my very rusty game while I swept out the cobwebs as well as adjusting to my new bat. By the end I hope I was a little more competitive. Still a lot to learn though smile.gif

Oh and can I say as an expat playing TT in Malaysia for the first time.. its damn hot!! sweat.gif
Hello asica,
I do play at Star Elite every Friday evening.
Hope to join you and jim this Friday.

Added on January 16, 2012, 12:28 pmHello Everone,

I notice that the First LY.N Friendly is on 11/2/2012 (Saturday) which is 3 weeks from now.
And as of todate only 9 members have registered so far.

My question is : Is there a minimum pax for this Friendly?
If there are none, my suggestion if there are only 10 pax (worst scenario) 2 Groups of 5 can play with the top two of the group goes to semi-final.
If there are 12 pax, then a group of 3 pax per group will play with the winner of each group goes into semi.

A small problem may arise if there are 14 pax or any of the odd number of members participating. But this may be resolved with some of the group having fewer pax in their group compared with others.

This post has been edited by pingpang: Jan 16 2012, 12:28 PM
Asica
post Jan 16 2012, 03:52 PM

19 posts

Cool pingpang, I'll come down this Friday as well.
anson81
post Jan 16 2012, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jan 16 2012, 10:42 AM)
Wow! Playing in Chinwoo and represent chinwoo - you must be very advance level by now. To my understanding, anyone pracitising in Chinwoo, their tt standard is quite high.

pingpang, not high at all, just nice to become sparring partner, when come to competition, i played like shit.... lolz, already around 8years not touching it, now playing badminton more, but i still paying attention to table tennis news.
TSSteven_aka_G
post Jan 16 2012, 11:41 PM

On my way
519 posts

I think minimum should be around 10. It allows us to play more. We could even play it like LYN league if we have enough time. XD

Oh and, I just changed to Skyline Neo TG2. Having hard time getting used to it. =/

This post has been edited by Steven_aka_G: Jan 16 2012, 11:41 PM
jim_jim
post Jan 17 2012, 12:28 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 15 2012, 10:23 PM)

Hi Asica. Nice to meet you too.

Btw. Puchong Star Elite Table Tennis Training Centre close on 20/1/2012. So your guys (asica, pingpang, deadevil) need to go on 19, thursday for training before the friendly match. tongue.gif

Happy Chinese New year to all!

thanks
Jim
Asica
post Jan 17 2012, 01:07 PM

19 posts

Cheers for the heads up Jim; forgot that SETTC was closed this Friday.

Everyone ok to make it this Thursday (19th) night instead? I can be there.

This post has been edited by Asica: Jan 17 2012, 01:08 PM
pingpang
post Jan 17 2012, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Asica @ Jan 17 2012, 01:07 PM)
Cheers for the heads up Jim; forgot that SETTC was closed this Friday.

Everyone ok to make it this Thursday (19th) night instead? I can be there.
Alright Asica. See you this Thursday evening at SETTC.

BTW, Thanks jimjim for the update on the closure of SETTC on Friday (20/1/12) for the Chinese New Year Festive season. For everyone info. SETTC will reopen the week after on Friday (27/1/12).

anson81
post Jan 17 2012, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

Hi guys, I want to join the LYN tourney.

i don't think got time to train until the date, just wish to meet up you guys. cheers.
mingyan
post Jan 17 2012, 06:45 PM

24 posts

Hi everyone,

Got bitten by the table tennis bug again after playing a few rounds at one of the pubs during happy hour.

Can someone point to me how to get started? Im really rusty, can't even top spin back on the table consistently as i have lost my 'feel'. I used to play socially in school and I do play badminton on a regular basis.

Can someone direct me how to get started? If there is a club/friends that i can join?
Can i start by buying a premade 729 bat to play (around RM40) as i don't have any bat at the moment?

I am utterly crap at the moment.

Im staying in cheras area.

anson81
post Jan 17 2012, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(mingyan @ Jan 17 2012, 06:45 PM)
Hi everyone,

Got bitten by the table tennis bug again after playing a few rounds at one of the pubs during happy hour.

Can someone point to me how to get started? Im really rusty, can't even top spin back on the table consistently as i have lost my 'feel'. I used to play socially in school and I do play badminton on a regular basis.

Can someone direct me how to get started? If there is a club/friends that i can join?
Can i start by buying a premade 729 bat to play (around RM40) as i don't have any bat at the moment?

I am utterly crap at the moment.

Im staying in cheras area.
I assume you have a good sense in sports, haha, but if you are serious in this hobby, I don't recommend those premade one, if normal good blade, I think below rm100 can make it for a starter.

This post has been edited by anson81: Jan 17 2012, 08:32 PM
Asica
post Jan 17 2012, 08:44 PM

19 posts

mingyan: Just to share my experience, when I first decided I wanted to learn Table Tennis a little more than 'pub level', I got a decent starter bat and then signed up for some coaching (this was over 10 years ago). At least this way you can be taught some idea of technique or things you can work on. Then yeah, find some friends or clubs you can go to and practice practice practice. I even saw a group coaching session in action the other night at Star Elite, perhaps that could be another option.

Of course that path assumes you have some budget to play with. People of course have become quite solid players without any coaching whatsoever; it probably just takes more time and perhaps sets a lower ceiling for your final skill level smile.gif

This post has been edited by Asica: Jan 17 2012, 08:45 PM
makhlukasingWARE
post Jan 17 2012, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Dec 21 2011, 10:01 PM)
what about me ? i'm from klang ~_~
same with me, where do u usually play?

Added on January 17, 2012, 9:04 pmjust new at LYN
also just found this ping pong thread now
great that u wanna organize ping pong tourney also
thinking twice bout joining the tourney
STAR ELITE?
is that the place that we can play with robot for rm10?
my friend ask me 2 go with him
but nvr got a chance myself

This post has been edited by makhlukasingWARE: Jan 17 2012, 09:04 PM
deadevil
post Jan 17 2012, 09:20 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jan 17 2012, 03:22 PM)
Alright Asica.  See you this Thursday evening at SETTC.

BTW, Thanks jimjim for the update on the closure of SETTC on Friday (20/1/12) for the Chinese New Year Festive season. For everyone info. SETTC will reopen the week after on Friday (27/1/12).
i'll be there tomorrow evening (Wenesday).

Thursday evening i try to make it , since i already off working from today onward =)

QUOTE(makhlukasingWARE @ Jan 17 2012, 09:00 PM)
same with me, where do u usually play?
i'm from klang Eng Choon Association ~ but not active now....will be there maybe once or twice a month.

what about u ?

makhlukasingWARE
post Jan 17 2012, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Jan 17 2012, 09:20 PM)
i'll be there tomorrow evening (Wenesday).

Thursday evening i try to make it , since i already off working from today onward =)
i'm from klang Eng Choon Association ~ but not active now....will be there maybe once or twice a month.

what about u ?
where is that?near little india?
got one club in pandamaran at mca building, followed my fren played there once
nice ppl
im at sri andalas, working at hospital, normally played at hospital only
but now not too much play
im using pre made butterfly yuki fl with flextra rubber
but rubber already mati
need 2 get new one
this time custom made

120 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to: