Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

kuntilanak
post Dec 13 2011, 09:46 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Dec 1 2011, 12:07 AM)
Lol.. How about we set a game for LYN players? What you guys think? It'll be nice and I think now that its the end of the year, we might have a decent crowd.
Nice idea. rclxms.gif
kuntilanak
post Dec 19 2011, 04:42 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(seo_time @ Dec 18 2011, 07:39 PM)
Do you guys know some place where I can play ping pong as a leisure activity with my friends, preferably around kl area?
QUOTE(il0ve51 @ Dec 19 2011, 01:50 AM)
i want join lyn tourney, pm me for any game...
where u guys play ping pong can i join
btw i stay at pandan indah
Hey guys, I play at UE3, Uncle Ling's place every Sunday. You can join if you like. I think the place is open everyday 10.30am-6.30pm. Check with the counter for timing and payment.
kuntilanak
post Jan 6 2012, 10:02 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jan 5 2012, 03:42 PM)
Yes, that is quite fair to estimate around 3 - 3 1/2 hours for this tournament.

Back to list of participant for LYN Table Tennis Friendly Tourney :

"I want to join Lowyat 2012 Table Tennis Friendly Tourney"

Venue: UE3 Mr Ling Place.
Number of table: 3
Date: 12th February 2012 (Saturday)
Reach 10.30am for draw lots.
Time: 11am ~ 1pm.
End at 1.30pm or 2pm for Price giving ceremony, drinks and light eating session.
Official Ball Use: Butterfly 3 Star
Each game 5 sets. Must play until finish. each set win contribute points to the player.
Fee RM 10
All rules follow official ITTF.

Participant Lists

1) K2002
2) Steven_aka_G
3) il0ve51
4) botakbin
5) chernloon
6) Asica604
7) Pingpang
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Seems like I missed quite a bit of action since the last time I posted.
Arrg, darn, the tourney date... I'm not back from my extended leave yet... sad.gif
kuntilanak
post Mar 8 2012, 09:21 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(thesun @ Mar 7 2012, 01:49 PM)
Hi, just bought a new paddles from presports, but still got no chance to try it cos now doing night shift..

BH= friendship origin
FH= milkyway galaxy mercury II
on friendship dynasty hinoki

not sure yet how they play.. this is my 1st time buying custom bat.. before this only premades..
Wow, hinoki wood? Must be expensive, no? How does it feel like when hitting the ball? smile.gif
kuntilanak
post Mar 14 2012, 09:06 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(jim_jim @ Mar 13 2012, 09:41 PM)
May be can organize a training lesson for those who want to learn & train. smile.gif
Nice suggestion. Time & venue?
I'd like to propose Uncle Ling's place at UE3, but lately there's this full-time Selangor state player coaching young kids during most of the weekends...
kuntilanak
post Mar 19 2012, 04:40 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(deadevil @ Mar 19 2012, 01:45 PM)
Try to ask adviced from chun guan / cindy , since u're playing in their centre~

my rubber use for 2 month+ only, now got "blister cancer" =(
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This is after 30minute training ~

Dafuk... What happened to your rubber?!?! Looks like they've been through either some really rough times under the sun/in car/near fireplace or messing with strong solvents... blink.gif
kuntilanak
post Apr 2 2012, 03:41 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(jim_jim @ Apr 2 2012, 03:05 PM)
All the best to those who join the Lowyat TT Ranking Tourney April 2012.

I'd like to join, but seriously, WHY DURING PC FAIR WEEKEND?? No mood liao... sad.gif

And, is the point system copied directly from Yahoo! online games? brows.gif It's interesting, but I think it's better to either choose to have tourney WITHOUT the point system OR league style WITH point system, because the tourney seems to be just a one-time event with *limited* slots for participants; the league style will be something to the effect of monthly/bi-monthly gathering and points counted ONLY for games happened during the gathering time. Sounds more interesting (and reasonable) to me. Another question is the point rank: I propose the ranking system in tiers, eg. 1000 as base, >1199 as +1, >1399 as +2, >799 as -1 etc with point gain advantages challenging higher ranks. That way it's more organized.

Regarding venue, I noticed quite a few playing at SETTC on regular basis. It's a little far for me to reach, so personally, I prefer either Ling's place or Union.

Anyway, let me know if my suggestions make sense, and I look forward to the tourney NOT DURING PC FAIR WEEKEND. Thanks, and pardon my CAPS... blush.gif
kuntilanak
post Apr 4 2012, 11:10 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:52 PM)
Hmm.. the point system is just come out from my mind without referring to any point game system available in the net..Maybe coincidentally related.. not sure.

I will try get Union if we cannot make it to union then we will choose star elite as the place and it will be held during 15 April Sunday. You need to work during that day? PC fair...maybe you can join next tourney during June.

You can elaborate more on the ranking system of tiers that you mention. Maybe your idea is more suitable for our ranking system.
I just wanna 'lepak' at PC Fair. laugh.gif But Sunday... I always play at VIVA on Sundays... Not very keen on playing at Union. Been there twice with friend. 3 flights of stairs is a killer. tongue.gif And I heard that they utilize weekends for training/coaching sessions. Anyway, do let me know soon so I can make up my mind.

As for the point system, I was thinking that since the tourney has limited slots (for the time being, I suppose), and not everyone plays the same number of games, thus a little awkward. If it's league style, then it's like, let's say, 10 person showed up on a day, all challenge 'suka-sama-suka', then the score is written out on a board somewhere. Something to the effect of a club meet-up. Then there is the incentive for cross-rank matches, such as

Same rank = win/lose 10 points
Difference of 1 tier = win/lose 15/10 (for lower tier) and 10/15 (for higher tier)
Difference of 2 tiers = win/lose 20/10 (for lower tier) and 10/20 (for higher tier)
Difference of 3 tiers = win/lose 25/5 (for lower tier) and 5/25 (for higher tier)
etc...

It's just an example. And preferably no reset for points because it will be unfair to those that has earned their points through all their hard works.

QUOTE(Asica @ Apr 3 2012, 08:34 AM)
I kind of agree with kuntilanak that with the point system in place, a league style fits better than tournament style.

Meaning there are just a set number of rounds ('round robin'), so everyone that turns up knows they will play say 4 matches. This may be better because last time some people travelled to Viva only to get knocked out after 2 matches. This way everyone plays the same amount, and yeah, points are won and lost.
Thanks for the support. smile.gif I'd prefer points for the league style and tourney as a separate event (no points involved). Or another way, we start of with league only and limit only certain ranks can take part in tourney for some massive point shift. Maybe unrealistic and complicated, but it'll feel more like playing RPG. Hehehe... Me play too many RPG... blush.gif
kuntilanak
post Apr 6 2012, 05:04 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Apr 6 2012, 03:18 PM)

League Points for Lowyat Table Tennis
This tournament will be two month once. (For people to train and prepare for next tournament two month can see alot of different if you train everyday)
This tournament ranking system will be as stated below:

Same rank = win/lose 10 points
Difference of 1 tier = win/lose 15/10 (for lower tier) and 10/15 (for higher tier)
Difference of 2 tiers = win/lose 20/10 (for lower tier) and 10/20 (for higher tier)
Difference of 3 tiers = win/lose 25/5 (for lower tier) and 5/25 (for higher tier)
This value will bring forward to next game. until the end of the Tournament. and the value will bring forward to the next league tournament which is the month of June, August, Oct, December 2012

Challenger between different ranks

1000 (Novice)
1500 (Beginner)
2000 (Intermediate)
2500 (Advance)
3000 and above (Expert/Elite)

Points will not reset. you can play with anyone you like during the league tournament but can only play once during that league. Cannot play with the same player over and over again to accumulate points.
Wow, you really copy every single word from my post. tongue.gif Thanks for the appreciation. biggrin.gif But I think you may need to elaborate further than 3-tier difference... Just saying...

On the note on point system, I'd like to suggest 2 more things:
1) Tier rank for each player will be based on the point they have at the beginning of the game day, not after each game. This is to ease up the calculation of point gain/lost.

2) Smaller tier gap, ie 1000, 1250, 1500 ect seems more logical. Imagine, in order to reach from novice to beginner, you need to win consecutively 50 games. And each day we can play, the most, say 5 different opponents, so it'll take 10 rounds/days to reach. rclxub.gif It'll take forever to reach the next tier, not to mention higher tiers, as others would most likely be lower then you. wink.gif

Hmmm, 8.30am for tourney? Seems too early for me. I'll pass then... sweat.gif
kuntilanak
post Apr 13 2012, 06:20 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(tantalus @ Apr 13 2012, 02:26 PM)
hi, I want to ask, in KL where can i find shops that sell pingpong equipment? I would like to try to buy 729 rubber and blade. And maybe other brand. The one that I know is in pertama complex, but it is only selling butterfly right?

Anyone have prefered shops? I want to go tomorrow with my friends
See below, as quoted before:
QUOTE(K2002 @ Apr 9 2012, 07:07 PM)
from forumer ping pang information:

There is no best place to buy tt equipment, but the options are :
1) Gold Medal Sports (near Viva Mall) at Jln Loke YEw KL
(Also knowns as Ling's place)

2) Lucky Sports Trading in Pertama Complex - sole distributor of Butterfly Japan in MAlaysia.
(Owner is Tay Tong Kee and staff is Alex)

3) Trioxe Sports (also known as presports) at Jaya One, PJ.
4) ST Rapid Sports Trading at Batu 9 Cheras

5) Star Elite Table Tennis Center in Puchong Jaya.

you can try ask any of these centers.
kuntilanak
post Apr 16 2012, 09:14 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Apr 16 2012, 12:21 AM)
Ok the League for Lowyat Table Tennis April 2012 successful with 8 participants. Last minute ping pang recover from flu and come in. Hemanlo have to go home early so just played two games. Rest of the participant manage to play with different players. Tired n enough sweat even in air condition place.

Next league will be schedule at June.
Currently total of RM16 accumulated in the league prize vault.

Current listing of League Points are as follows.

1. Deadevil = 1050
2. Dazzems = 1040
3. K2002    = 1020
4. forgot_86 = 1010
5. Mexteman = 980
6. Hemanlo = 980
7. Horrormaster = 960
8. Ping Pang = 960
Interesting... Any drills from the games? smile.gif
kuntilanak
post Apr 17 2012, 08:24 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Apr 17 2012, 03:45 AM)
The next tournament date will be on 16 June (Sat) or 17 June (Sun).
I need some votes on where the next tournament we can held. Most likely will be Gold Medal Sports or Star Elite only. If there is other place more than 3 tables that we can rent cheap please do let us know.

The time for the propose date are as follows.
All of you reply the thread for vote date/time and preferred venue. Of course I cannot make everyone happy but this is base on highest vote and the date/time will be set according to the statistic.

Time and Date
A) 16 June Saturday 8.30am
B) 16 June Saturday 2.00pm
C) 17 June Sunday 8.30am
D) 17 June Sunday 2.00pm

Venue:
Gold Medal Sports
Star Elite Table Tennis Center
Union Table Tennis Center. (only at night base on Steven. any of the 16 & 17 June)

Other place please recommend place that is cheap and got more than 3 tables can be rent for at least 3 or 4 hours.
I vote for
Time and Date:
B) 16 June Saturday 2.00pm (hopefully not involved in other events)
Venue:
Gold Medal Sports (so used to the place and I don't mind no air-con)
kuntilanak
post May 14 2012, 08:54 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

Interesting... So, this the league, not tournament? I'd like to join. Hopefully I don't have any 'sudden' commitments on that day... sweat.gif
kuntilanak
post May 25 2012, 09:18 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ May 24 2012, 11:38 PM)
i did log in. but no one wants to play any tournament anymore so i cancel this june tournament. maybe if you free can ask more kaki to join and we meet at one place to have some table tennis training session.
?? I thought I said I'd like to join? Anyway, it's better to organize a training/sparring session since there might be more of us that didn't join the last tourney due to various reasons but would like to get together to know each other more than just tourney. Also, we can get to know each other better and easier to collect ideas rather than waiting for responses here... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by kuntilanak: May 25 2012, 09:19 AM
kuntilanak
post Jun 12 2012, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(lot101 @ Jun 11 2012, 11:09 PM)
ok, found my antique square bat with tower dimples  laugh.gif I think I might need to change the rubber.

tues/wed I should be able to make it.
IMO, a decent carbon bat around RM 150 + decent rubber around RM 100 (per piece) should get you something that should last 1-2 years (with good care and not-so-often playing, maybe once per week?), with enough power/feel to train up your rusty skills (of course with a decent sparring partner). I wouldn't recommend getting anything cheaper than that as the feel is sub-par at best, unless you love to experiment... Like me... laugh.gif
kuntilanak
post Jun 18 2012, 09:09 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

Interesting discussion. Anyway, for me, the bat is important, as it governs the overall feel of your whole play style. I have several decent and cheap ones, and they really feel different. As for rubber, although CHN rubbers are relatively cheaper, it doesn't mean they are inferior. I bought a RM 65 rubber and it's not bad, provided you couple it with a decent bat. Also, the bat can really last long, unless you bang in to the table by accident... laugh.gif

More importantly, you need to have proper playing techniques to 'get to know' bats and rubbers. I recommend bat around Rm 150, rubber around Rm 80 to start with so that you'll have a better feel. Trust me. I've been playing for > 20 yrs... (I feel old... sweat.gif )
kuntilanak
post Jun 20 2012, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jun 20 2012, 12:29 PM)
I know. The high end Chinese rubbers are on par with their European counterpart (like Stiga, Donic, Andro, Tibhar etc). My Chinese rubbers are limited to Palio (not the Macro Era or the "tensor" type) and LKT brands which cost below RM30 per piece.

The secret is their skill level. We are no where at their level, hence cannot perform what they can do.
But with more practice and over time, I believe we will be on the right path to reach their level.  biggrin.gif

Can see > RM100 rubber in the shop mar.
Like what Steven has hinted in his earlier post, a DHS Hurricane 3 rubber retails around RM30-RM 40. A Hurricane 3 Provincional Rubber (was told of a higher grade than the standard one retailing in shops) cost about RM120.
Other rubbers from Xiom, Stiga, Yasaka and even Butterfly has rubbers costing more than RM100. (Eg. Butterfly Tenergy series retails at RM200)

Agreed with kuntilanak comments.  rclxms.gif

Good suggestion, forgot_86.
But most members here are not regular in the forum, it will not be updated when they change their set-up.
Myself, an EJ, changes my set-up every 3-6 months. IMO, not informative.
As for location, it is good as other members can search for members in the same locality to play with each other.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.
That's a long post... biggrin.gif Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence. laugh.gif I have several bats, so I tend to have their rubbers interchanged to test out combinations. The most expensive rubbers I have are XIOM ZAVA I (pimple out) and WTSP Spinpips (pimple out), both costs RM 120 each. FYI, I play 'rough'... brows.gif brows.gif
kuntilanak
post Jun 25 2012, 09:15 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(MEXTEMAN @ Jun 24 2012, 07:50 PM)
Anyone can help me in selection ?
I intend to get Yasaka Malin YEO for RPB !! What should be the better rubbers ??

current : Stiga Offensive NCT , fore: Hurricane 3 back: Sriver FX

Your valuable feedback is much appreciated coz I couldn't improve my game not the equipment but me !!
XIOM or STIGA rubbers, if you have the budget... or ANDRO also not bad... but mind you, they have very different feel than your previous 'budget' rubbers... whistling.gif
kuntilanak
post Jun 25 2012, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(MEXTEMAN @ Jun 25 2012, 09:49 AM)
kuntilanak,

Hallo, "Budget" ha !! RM80 Sriver - That is actually slightly over my expenditure already .....
considering I never eaten for 3 days to get the rubber....my Auditor Generator will open a file to investigate the cost vs. my skill level.... ?

any specific one that someone can recommend with YEO ? hard or soft rubber for this blade ?
To clarify my statement, any rubbers costing < RM 100 is considered as 'budget' range to me. Those I stated earlier will easily cost you RM 120...

Hard or soft rubber really depends on your skill type. My experience is:
- Hard rubber for fast game play (smacking. smashing...)
- Soft rubber for control game play (looping, chopping...)

As for which exact one to recommend, I can't say for sure. But since you used Sriver FX before, that's a soft rubber. Hurricane 3 is hard rubber. You decide...
kuntilanak
post Jun 25 2012, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

QUOTE(pingpang @ Jun 25 2012, 12:42 PM)
Mexteman,

You wanna improve your game, practice more.
Practice your strokes - drive, loop, smash, push, block etc for both forehand and backhand.

Your Stiga NCT is a good blade. Coupled with a hard rubber (H3) and a soft rubber (Sriver FX), you can do many variation with this set-up.
My guess is that you have not practice enough with this set-up.

For Yasaka Extra Offensive (YEO), my guess is it is developed from the succesful Yasaka OFFENSIVE blade, but even faster and has a larger sweet spot. Also made in Sweden (I assume, like the Stiga).
Kuntilanak is correct in his comment that it depends on your playing styles. If unsure, my recommendation is to use a "balanced" rubber like the Sriver EL. If you are the "smasher" type, a hard rubber (most Chinese rubbers fit into this)
like the H3 will be appropriate. If you like chopping, pushing and looping, then a softer rubbers like the Sriver FX, LKT Pro series or any of the European brand like Stiga or Andro or Tibhar will ft into this.

On a side note : For Brother kuntilanak, his meaning of budget is any rubbers costing < RM 100. Nowadays, most of the "mid-range and good" rubbers costing > RM80.00. For me, "budget" rubbers mean <RM50.00, mid-range RM50-RM120 and expensive rubbers >RM120.00. I am still using the following rubbers - H3 (costing < RM40), LKT Pro XP (RM30), Tulpe 007 (RM30), Sriver EL(RM80) and Andro COR Revolution (RM90-after discount). Which rubbers I used depends on my mood -sometimes I "suka-suka" change the combination as I find it cheaper as compared to owning many blades and rubbers.  rclxub.gif

Added on June 25, 2012, 12:43 pm

Agreed 100%.  biggrin.gif
Thanks for the supportive comment. thumbup.gif You are very knowledgeable too on the subject of Table Tennis. I've seen people with pretty bad play getting very good equipments, hoping their games will improve. Well, to a certain extent, yes, but it won't last. However, my experience tells me the bat is more important than rubber. You can still play fairly well with good bat coupled with cheap rubbers, but not the other way around. I tried before. It sucks... sweat.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0453sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 PM