This post has been edited by razorboy: Oct 24 2011, 10:25 PM
TSrazorboy
post Oct 24 2011, 10:25 PM

#winning
2,634 posts

QUOTE(theCrab @ Oct 24 2011, 10:24 PM)
people would say heavy compound
i do bench press,squat,whatever compound when i started
but now i realize i dont gain much from seated shoulder press,so i do different variety of raise for  shoulder width
and i will do widegrip upright row 1st only follow by press(due to my curve clavicles structure i have easy growing traps but hell developed delts<<)
for the rest bodypart i still sitck to compound
do you mind, posting a video on how you do your side raises? I believe I can help you out on this. On FB if you wish
Aztec
post Oct 24 2011, 10:39 PM

Disregard females,Acquire aesthetics..u mirin'?
2,362 posts

•Australian researchers reported in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research that when weight-trained subjects performed incline bench presses, the muscle activity of their upper pecs was only about 5% more than the muscle activity of their upper pecs during the flat bench press.
•Canadian scientists found that when trained lifters did the reverse-grip bench press, the muscle activity of their upper pecs was 30% greater than when they did the bench press with a standard overhand grip.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/incline-vs-r...pper-chest.html

intredasting..never knew there was such a thing as reverse grip bench press..gonna try it out on my next chest day
statikinetic
post Oct 24 2011, 10:40 PM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

Reverse grip bench? Another day another new thing for me.
theCrab
post Oct 24 2011, 10:41 PM

Regular
1,093 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Oct 24 2011, 10:39 PM)
•Australian researchers reported in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research that when weight-trained subjects performed incline bench presses, the muscle activity of their upper pecs was only about 5% more than the muscle activity of their upper pecs during the flat bench press.
•Canadian scientists found that when trained lifters did the reverse-grip bench press, the muscle activity of their upper pecs was 30% greater than when they did the bench press with a standard overhand grip.

intredasting..never knew there was such a thing as reverse grip bench press..gonna try it out on my next chest day
I got friend doing this quite awhile
he got new growth but according to him quite stress to the wrist
ChinHong86
post Oct 24 2011, 10:51 PM

Regular
1,116 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Oct 24 2011, 11:39 PM)

i tried using the hammer strength for incline press
damn i really feel the tension on my upper pecs...
but can oni used it once
now back to free weights
IpohBoY
post Oct 24 2011, 10:54 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

One question to ask. Does

1) Eating a lot (heavy breakfast and lunch) + workout (evening) + light dinner

2) Eating lighter before workout and very heavy dinner after workout

make a difference?
Aztec
post Oct 24 2011, 11:05 PM

2,362 posts

QUOTE(theCrab @ Oct 24 2011, 10:41 PM)
I got friend doing this quite awhile
he got new growth but according to him quite stress to the wrist
looks stress to the wrist..not gonna know till i try..but i have a feeling its better to use that as a tricep rather than chest workout

QUOTE(IpohBoY @ Oct 24 2011, 10:54 PM)
One question to ask. Does

1) Eating a lot (heavy breakfast and lunch) + workout (evening) + light dinner

2) Eating lighter before workout and very heavy dinner after workout

make a difference?
i usually carb load before working out..

but heavy b4 and heavy after should be the way to go..look at how darklight eats after his workout..lol
theCrab
post Oct 24 2011, 11:13 PM

Regular
1,093 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Oct 24 2011, 11:05 PM)
looks stress to the wrist..not gonna know till i try..but i have a feeling its better to use that as a tricep rather than chest workout

but heavy b4 and heavy after should be the way to go..look at how darklight eats after his workout..lol
if i am not mistaken larry scott use this ..
ChipZ
post Oct 24 2011, 11:20 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Oct 24 2011, 11:05 PM)

Darklight can consume a whole cow in a day. RAW
-Dan
post Oct 24 2011, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,382 posts

Reverse bench does get a good contraction in the chest, but can be taxing on the wrists and shoulders. I tried them once, and decided they definitely weren't for me.
mikehuan
post Oct 25 2011, 12:03 AM

terrorhoof!
5,002 posts

people would say heavy compound
i do bench press,squat,whatever compound when i started
but now i realize i dont gain much from seated shoulder press,so i do different variety of raise for  shoulder width
and i will do widegrip upright row 1st only follow by press(due to my curve clavicles structure i have easy growing traps but hell developed delts<<)
for the rest bodypart i still sitck to compound

crab, would you mind posting a pic of yourself? would like to see the curved clavicle structure that you have.

and imo, a human body shouldnt be so different that its impossible to bring up delts. my delts only started growing when i caught my mistake in form when doing lateral raises. since then, i doubled my lat raise sets to catch up and my delts dramatically improved. now i have to double my rear delt work, lol.
theCrab
post Oct 25 2011, 12:22 AM

Regular
1,093 posts

http://www.facebook.com/notes/phillip-heat...202055326525149

thats how a professional bb eat
wtf ... hmm.gif

darklight79
post Oct 25 2011, 12:26 AM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Oct 24 2011, 10:39 PM)

Unsafe. Don't fix what is not broken.
mikehuan
post Oct 25 2011, 12:33 AM

terrorhoof!
5,002 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:26 AM)
Unsafe. Don't fix what is not broken.
how was shisha? brows.gif

imo you're thinking too much, your traps and delts are fine, just work on your form and you'll grow in no time.
Aztec
post Oct 25 2011, 12:33 AM

2,362 posts

dunno how many of u guys have seen this video..brb gonna go curl in the squat rack
darklight79
post Oct 25 2011, 12:41 AM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

QUOTE(mikehuan @ Oct 25 2011, 12:33 AM)
how was shisha?  brows.gif

imo you're thinking too much, your traps and delts are fine, just work on your form and you'll grow in no time.
Lol, fun.Pleasant. Why?

Added on October 25, 2011, 12:43 amMy shoulders were very hard to bring up. All I did was go heavier with correct mind muscle connection and bam they popped out.

This post has been edited by darklight79: Oct 25 2011, 12:43 AM
theCrab
post Oct 25 2011, 12:45 AM

Regular
1,093 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:41 AM)
Lol, fun.Pleasant. Why?

Added on October 25, 2011, 12:43 amMy shoulders were very hard to bring up. All I did was go heavier with correct mind muscle connection and bam they popped out.
sisha helps muscle growth ? tongue.gif

not much sisha in penang..i gotta try
mikehuan
post Oct 25 2011, 12:48 AM

terrorhoof!
5,002 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:41 AM)
Lol, fun.Pleasant. Why?

eh crap. the shoulder comment was for thecrab, lol. YOUR shoulders however, are fine.

edit: brows.gif brows.gif

This post has been edited by mikehuan: Oct 25 2011, 12:49 AM
theCrab
post Oct 25 2011, 12:52 AM

Regular
1,093 posts

QUOTE(mikehuan @ Oct 25 2011, 12:48 AM)
eh crap. the shoulder comment was for thecrab, lol. YOUR shoulders however, are fine.

edit:  brows.gif  brows.gif
biggrin.gif i am trying very hard to bring up let's see how going after 6 months
i dont have a proper progress pic maybe i will start to take few

127 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 AM