Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
377 Pages « < 150 151 152 153 154 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

truelife
post Jun 28 2017, 10:39 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Jun 28 2017, 10:28 PM)
It does make one wonder......what the hell Media Prima had been doing during actual 'trial' from year 2014 onwards......... doh.gif
Our impression is that Media Prima in the first place has never supported digital TV as long as the infrastructure fee has not been finalised by MYTV and negotiated.
joshhd
post Jun 28 2017, 11:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(truelife @ Jun 28 2017, 10:39 PM)
Our impression is that Media Prima in the first place has never supported digital TV as long as the infrastructure fee has not been finalised by MYTV and negotiated.
Even they support digital TV or not, they know that sooner or later, they have to enter to digital age.
nexona88
post Jun 29 2017, 10:53 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Jun 28 2017, 10:28 PM)
It does make one wonder......what the hell Media Prima had been doing during actual 'trial' from year 2014 onwards......... doh.gif
Well typically Malaysian style..
During "trial" period. Sleeping & just ignore only..
Now only very busy..
Qash-M
post Jun 29 2017, 11:38 AM

#FreePalestine
5,956 posts

QUOTE(truelife @ Jun 28 2017, 10:12 PM)
It looks like Media Prima is still doing trial and error testing different bitrate and aspect ratio although MyFreeview has been officially launched. Just look the image of Korean drama in 8TV at this moment, its resolution is better than last week, the logo of 8TV has normal dimension and the size of subtitles is correctly altered.
Probably their new rig (equipment) is up and running... laugh.gif
truelife
post Jun 29 2017, 09:38 PM

Casual
447 posts

Yesterday we just talked about 8TV logo correctly displayed. Today at same timing its logo has gone back to big size and widely stretched. Really don't know what the heck Media Prima is doing.
joshhd
post Jun 29 2017, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(truelife @ Jun 29 2017, 09:38 PM)
Yesterday we just talked about 8TV logo correctly displayed. Today at same timing its logo has gone back to big size and widely stretched. Really don't know what the heck Media Prima is doing.
Testing/playing around around 16:9 aspect ratio stuff? Hmmm..

ajay67
post Jun 30 2017, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

still no coverage in kuala kangsar & lubok china melaka.. my 2 family hometowns, might go for njoi instead.
nexona88
post Jun 30 2017, 09:59 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Jun 30 2017, 09:12 AM)
still no coverage in kuala kangsar & lubok china melaka.. my 2 family hometowns, might go for njoi instead.
Yup. Better go with njoi..
The MYTV one, still "playing" try & error testing...
Don't know when all will be okay...
tany
post Jun 30 2017, 03:19 PM

On my way
607 posts

Where to buy the my TV decorder
theevilman1909
post Jun 30 2017, 04:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

QUOTE(tany @ Jun 30 2017, 03:19 PM)
Where to buy the my TV decorder
http://mytvbroadcasting.my/

cool2.gif
theevilman1909
post Jun 30 2017, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

also can check if u eligible for the free decoder by key in your Mykad number

http://mytvbroadcasting.my/index.php
tany
post Jun 30 2017, 05:06 PM

On my way
607 posts

QUOTE(theevilman1909 @ Jun 30 2017, 04:24 PM)
Thanks
9M-MAS
post Jul 1 2017, 11:29 AM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Jun 30 2017, 09:12 AM)
Way too many people think of MYTV coverage as something that is similar to cellular communications coverage with local towers within the immediate local area - it's not like that. Both areas you mentioned are already covered by the relevant regional transmitters.

Kuala Kangsar should be able to get transmission from Gunung Keledang. I tested it at quite a few places around Kuala Kangsar and worked fine. Exception may apply for areas around Sg Siput and going towards Taiping - which may have to wait for Bukit Larut transmitter to turn on - even that is not too long now.

Lubok China can get from Bukit Tampin.

You will need outdoor antenna for both places.

Remember, analog signal detection is different from digital - with the latter, it's too easy to deduce there is no signal where you are because the tuner/dedocer will skip that UHF channel if the signal is "weak" during scanning. Best way to tune is to go to manual scan of the regional UHF channel (CH45 666MHz from Keledang, CH30 546MHz from Bukit Tampin), and adjust your antenna based on the signal strength/quality reading, and lock the position of the antenna once the signal reading stabilises above 60% for both strength and quality if you're using a DVB-T2 decoder.

If you need tuning & outdoor antenna services installation for Kuala Kangsar, DM me.

This post has been edited by 9M-MAS: Jul 1 2017, 11:38 AM
chuppachop
post Jul 1 2017, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
950 posts

Does anyone read fr elsewhere when TV5 is launching? Thot it's was today until I saw fr their FB it's TBA. Only scanned the usual ones today.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
ajay67
post Jul 1 2017, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

QUOTE(9M-MAS @ Jul 1 2017, 11:29 AM)
Way too many people think of MYTV coverage as something that is similar to cellular communications coverage with local towers within the immediate local area - it's not like that. Both areas you mentioned are already covered by the relevant regional transmitters.

Kuala Kangsar should be able to get transmission from Gunung Keledang. I tested it at quite a few places around Kuala Kangsar and worked fine. Exception may apply for areas around Sg Siput and going towards Taiping - which may have to wait for Bukit Larut transmitter to turn on - even that is not too long now.

Lubok China can get from Bukit Tampin.

You will need outdoor antenna for both places.

Remember, analog signal detection is different from digital - with the latter, it's too easy to deduce there is no signal where you are because the tuner/dedocer will skip that UHF channel if the signal is "weak" during scanning. Best way to tune is to go to manual scan of the regional UHF channel (CH45 666MHz from Keledang, CH30 546MHz from Bukit Tampin), and adjust your antenna based on the signal strength/quality reading, and lock the position of the antenna once the signal reading stabilises above 60% for both strength and quality if you're using a DVB-T2 decoder.

If you need tuning & outdoor antenna services installation for Kuala Kangsar, DM me.
thx for info. i only checked the coverage area listed in official website where both locations are not listed. i can try tuning in melaka later coz already installed remote antenna. in kkngsar maybe later in the year.
JohnLai
post Jul 1 2017, 02:53 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

What the hell?
Whatever happened to 8TV drama audio?
Picture quality somehow acceptable, but audio quality appears to sound like super low bitrate stereo now? bangwall.gif

Duh, people complain about low video bitrate/quality and now media prima decides to screw audio bitrate instead? doh.gif

This post has been edited by JohnLai: Jul 1 2017, 02:53 PM
nag
post Jul 1 2017, 03:11 PM

Casual
336 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Jul 1 2017, 02:53 PM)
What the hell?
Picture quality somehow acceptable, but audio quality appears to sound like super low bitrate stereo now?  bangwall.gif

Duh, people complain about low video bitrate/quality and now media prima decides to screw audio bitrate instead?  doh.gif
in Bolehland, complain ~~~ ade gunakah ? That's why called BOLEHLAND, authority won't care. other ASEAN countries moved forward and Bolehland left far behind in TV digitalization.

DVB-T2 implementation fail

Automotive industry ..... another failure compared to Thailand and Indonesia.
nexona88
post Jul 1 2017, 04:18 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Jul 1 2017, 11:37 AM)
Does anyone read fr elsewhere when TV5 is launching? Thot it's was today until I saw fr their FB it's TBA. Only scanned the usual ones today.
Wah Lucky u..
Can get Singapore channels too rclxms.gif

Enjoy tongue.gif
nexona88
post Jul 1 2017, 04:20 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

What the hell?
Picture quality somehow acceptable, but audio quality appears to sound like super low bitrate stereo now?  bangwall.gif

Duh, people complain about low video bitrate/quality and now media prima decides to screw audio bitrate instead?  doh.gif
Hahaha now only they doing the real testing..
Previous sleeping on the job..

But seriously.. It's not acceptable...
Hey it's bolehland. Always do things the very last minutes.. Its in your culture.. Just look at the immigration department... Full house because rushing to the dateline...
truelife
post Jul 1 2017, 06:22 PM

Casual
447 posts

What the hell?

Obviously Media Prima is still testing different bitrates. Sometimes we can easily notice lower res images, wrong aspect ratio and sudden loss of sound for the same TV program as compared with a day before. Some TV programs still show the annoying low pixels.

377 Pages « < 150 151 152 153 154 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    1.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:15 PM