Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

joshhd
post Nov 1 2019, 10:46 PM

Regular
1,976 posts

Okay, so Malaysian analogue TV is officially ends nationwide. Now is fully in digital.
So how the digital TV channels comes to your TV screen via DTT? Here's the answer:

MYTV Broadcasting uses C band satellite as a backhaul/backbone to distribute its channels, from satellite to the main digital TV transmitters.
The satellite is called ABS 2, which located at the orbital position of 75 °E.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

What? What are you thinking? Want to try receive it, right? lol.gif
You need a parabolic satellite dish as big as 10 feet (3 metres) to be able to get signal. Not a chance even for 7.5 feet or 6 feet dish...
In comparison, Astro and/or MYTV satellite dish used at consumer homes is 65cm (0.65 metres or 2.1 feet) in size.

Unless you want to spend thousands over ringgit to make your house similar to Measat Satellite Broadcast and Teleport Centre which has gigantic satellite dishes in the satellite dish farm, and your neighbours and passerby thinking that you're trying to hack on Russian satellites (I watch too much action movies la seriously), then I think you might as well settle it with a UHF antenna, or get the MYTV hybrid box for the installer to use 65cm MYTV satellite dish to receive the channels from Asiasat 9 Ku band satellite.

According to the source, all channels are currently free to air on ABS 2 C band, not sure how long will it be. But then, 10ft dish to receive around 15 Malaysian TV channels at your home is kinda..... errrgh.... So good luck trying. tongue.gif

Technical stuff:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 1 2019, 11:33 PM
YoungMan
post Nov 2 2019, 10:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,350 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 1 2019, 11:46 PM)
Okay, so Malaysian analogue TV is officially ends nationwide. Now is fully in digital.
So how the digital TV channels comes to your TV screen via DTT? Here's the answer:

MYTV Broadcasting uses C band satellite as a backhaul/backbone to distribute its channels, from satellite to the main digital TV transmitters.
The satellite is called ABS 2, which located at the orbital position of 75 °E.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

What? What are you thinking? Want to try receive it, right?  lol.gif
You need a parabolic satellite dish as big as 10 feet (3 metres) to be able to get signal. Not a chance even for 7.5 feet or 6 feet dish...
In comparison, Astro and/or MYTV satellite dish used at consumer homes is 65cm (0.65 metres or 2.1 feet) in size.

Unless you want to spend thousands over ringgit to make your house similar to Measat Satellite Broadcast and Teleport Centre which has gigantic satellite dishes in the satellite dish farm, and your neighbours and passerby thinking that you're trying to hack on Russian satellites (I watch too much action movies la seriously), then I think you might as well settle it with a UHF antenna, or get the MYTV hybrid box for the installer to use 65cm MYTV satellite dish to receive the channels from Asiasat 9 Ku band satellite.

According to the source, all channels are currently free to air on ABS 2 C band, not sure how long will it be. But then, 10ft dish to receive around 15 Malaysian TV channels at your home is kinda..... errrgh.... So good luck trying.  tongue.gif

Technical stuff:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Good info, thank you.
Btw I think it Is a good time to start v2, to mark the country ASO and also to put in as much info on the first page so that it's easier for people to get to know this DTV.
trickyhunter
post Nov 2 2019, 01:35 PM

31 posts

RTM signal 697 mhz hard to receive …
joshhd
post Nov 2 2019, 01:37 PM

Regular
1,976 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Nov 2 2019, 10:13 AM)
Good info, thank you.
Btw I think it Is a good time to start v2, to mark the country ASO and also to put in as much info on the first page so that it's easier for people to get to know this DTV.

Yeah good idea... Otherwise we all, including myself, have to keep answering the same similar questions asked by new user.
Suggestion to topic starter: Name it something like "Digital TV Malaysia v2" without the "Station" or "MYTV/myFreeview" label...
9M-MAS
post Nov 2 2019, 02:22 PM

Regular
1,365 posts

Done .

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4859590

Can someone ask the one of the mods to lock this topic?
YoungMan
post Nov 2 2019, 03:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,350 posts

QUOTE(9M-MAS @ Nov 2 2019, 03:22 PM)
Done .

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4859590

Can someone ask the one of the mods to lock this topic?
Thank you thank you. Have just PM one of the mod for this forum to lock this topic since our TS has not been around I think.
Hqlim
post Nov 3 2019, 08:41 AM

1 posts

tv1 sd does not exist. Would you like to remove it?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
yongtjunkit
post Nov 3 2019, 09:09 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(Hqlim @ Nov 3 2019, 08:41 AM)
tv1 sd does not exist. Would you like to remove it?
yup, it's replaced by the HD version

by the way, you should post in V2, this is V1: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4859590
YoungMan
post Nov 8 2019, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,350 posts

lex or scotty could you close this topic since there is V2? thanks.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0375sec    2.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 05:32 PM