Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
124 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> v7.0 The OFFICIAL 3G/5G Honda City 2011 thread, Theres more to the city than meets the i

views

andyfriends
post Aug 19 2011, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

A quick question, how much does a (or a pair of ) fog light bulp(s) cost? What brand is the best?

I assume that it isnt covered under the 3-year warranty.

Thanks
TSearl-ku
post Aug 19 2011, 01:22 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,548 posts

QUOTE(andyfriends @ Aug 19 2011, 12:44 PM)
A quick question, how much does a (or a pair of ) fog light bulp(s) cost?  What brand is the best?

Thanks
Any accessory shop will fix that for less than 20 I think..
shunryu
post Aug 19 2011, 05:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(andyfriends @ Aug 19 2011, 12:44 PM)
A quick question, how much does a (or a pair of ) fog light bulp(s) cost?  What brand is the best?

Thanks
The stock foglight bulb(s) are Osram bulbs, the model number is indicated on the bulb casing itself
can bring them to spare part shops to refer prices..

If you willing to try aftermarket, can go for PIAA Ion yellow bulbs
They have golden yellow color light which further improve visibility in the rain / fog brows.gif

andyfriends
post Aug 19 2011, 05:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

QUOTE(shunryu @ Aug 19 2011, 05:02 PM)
The stock foglight bulb(s) are Osram bulbs, the model number is indicated on the bulb casing itself
I scared they wil charge me excessively.

They have golden yellow color light which further improve visibility in the rain / fog brows.gif

is it legal? how much wud it costs normally?

calvin_gsc
post Aug 19 2011, 06:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,246 posts

I got my Osram Nightbreaker from here.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=743123&hl=

Fog lap bulbs are H11.
lunchtime
post Aug 19 2011, 06:31 PM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 17 2011, 04:48 PM)
By right we shouldn't add water into the coolant reservoir. The proper way to add coolant is to use distilled water (50%) + coolant (50%). It's best to as the SC to top it up for us since they should have the coolant mixture ready at all times.

The reason why we should not top it off with tap water is because the boiling point for water is at 100 degree Celcius. The distilled water & coolant mixture has a boiling point at 106 degree Celcius. Furthermore, the mixture will prevent your radiator from getting rusty in the long run. That is why, try not to top up your radiator with tap water  wink.gif

Note: Believe me, the radiator temperature can easily reach 90 degree Celcius & could achieve 98C when the aircond is turned off.
could you share with us which SC / WS uses distilled water?
TSearl-ku
post Aug 19 2011, 09:14 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,548 posts

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Aug 19 2011, 06:31 PM)
you can top up tiwh distilled water ... most sc will use Syabas ...

Thrust
post Aug 19 2011, 09:32 PM

Power To The People!!!
2,671 posts

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Aug 19 2011, 06:31 PM)
When you do your next servicing, just ask them to top up the coolant for you. I don't know whether they will charge or not tongue.gif Let me try asking later on the 27th.... Need to service the car already.
andyfriends
post Aug 19 2011, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

QUOTE(calvin_gsc @ Aug 19 2011, 06:17 PM)
I got my Osram Nightbreaker from here.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=743123&hl=

Fog lap bulbs are H11.
wah so expensive
i tot <20 faint..

fog lights is the small one not the big light rite? haha dono the proper term for that

This post has been edited by andyfriends: Aug 19 2011, 11:24 PM
ZeneticX
post Aug 20 2011, 02:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,641 posts

discover sumthg interesting...

i believe our city HU have similar function as well...but any1 noe how to access it?according to most ppl, hondas which have SVC will have this feature
Nelson88
post Aug 20 2011, 02:21 PM

On my way
522 posts

Hi ppl, I'ld like to ask smtg here. Anyone of you actually driven fully in the 'S' mode (for the Grade E model users), does the gear still shifts automatically?? What I realize is that there isn't an obvious difference between driving in D and S mode as the gear still shifts automatically and it happens quite fast even when I'm in S mode. I'm afraid it might be something wrong with my gb.

Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I've got no time to look back and I'm going for my service soon so wanna rectify this asap. Hopefully someone could help, thanks in advance icon_question.gif

Added on August 20, 2011, 2:23 pm
QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Aug 20 2011, 02:32 AM)
discover sumthg interesting...

i believe our city HU have similar function as well...but any1 noe how to access it?according to most ppl, hondas which have SVC will have this feature
Wow, looks interesting, as if like there's another digital speedometer in the car thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Nelson88: Aug 20 2011, 02:23 PM
shunryu
post Aug 20 2011, 04:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Nelson88 @ Aug 20 2011, 02:21 PM)
Hi ppl, I'ld like to ask smtg here. Anyone of you actually driven fully in the 'S' mode (for the Grade E model users), does the gear still shifts automatically?? What I realize is that there isn't an obvious difference between driving in D and S mode as the gear still shifts automatically and it happens quite fast even when I'm in S mode. I'm afraid it might be something wrong with my gb.

Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I've got no time to look back and I'm going for my service soon so wanna rectify this asap. Hopefully someone could help, thanks in advance  icon_question.gif
This is covered in the User's Manual
but anyway, I'll summarize it as simple as possible

D mode (Without paddle shift) : gear shifts AUTOMATICALLY from 1st gear to 5th gear

D mode (With paddle shift) : gear shifts MANUALLY up or down to driver input, holds the gear for a short period of time before changing into full auto shifting (cannot upshift on low speed, cannot downshift on high speed)

S mode (Without paddle shift) : gear shifts AUTOMATICALLY from 1st gear to 4th gear only (spared 5th gear for better acceleration in overtaking etc)

S mode (With paddle shift) : gear shifts MANUALLY according to your input, it only shifts when you press downshift/upshift (shift hold engages for each gear can be revved until redline)

Try to understand your gearbox better before concluding that it being defected smile.gif

This post has been edited by shunryu: Aug 20 2011, 04:47 PM
mytaffeta
post Aug 20 2011, 08:49 PM

Regular
1,219 posts

QUOTE(shunryu @ Aug 20 2011, 04:39 PM)
This is covered in the User's Manual
but anyway, I'll summarize it as simple as possible

D mode (Without paddle shift) : gear shifts AUTOMATICALLY from 1st gear to 5th gear

D mode (With paddle shift) : gear shifts MANUALLY up or down to driver input, holds the gear for a short period of time before changing into full auto shifting (cannot upshift on low speed, cannot downshift on high speed)

S mode (Without paddle shift) : gear shifts AUTOMATICALLY from 1st gear to 4th gear only (spared 5th gear for better acceleration in overtaking etc)

S mode (With paddle shift) : gear shifts MANUALLY according to your input, it only shifts when you press downshift/upshift (shift hold engages for each gear can be revved until redline)

Try to understand your gearbox better before concluding that it being defected  smile.gif
autoshift will up to 3rd gear only.. nelson88, u have to engage manual gear upon change to S mode.. ensure the M gear appear first if wish to drive in manual mode.. smile.gif
lot101
post Aug 20 2011, 08:57 PM

Apa got sing sing one......
603 posts

Anyone know of a 3.1G honda city owner changing recond gearbox and still using it ?
PSY84
post Aug 20 2011, 09:23 PM

Casual
332 posts

Done my IVtec City 2010 30k mileage service today at USJ SC, changed fully syn engine oil and do balancing, total damage RM 372.60. The service adviser tried to promote the car boot tray for RM 180, so expensive, i have a feeling they somehow always try to promote stuff to customer.

Btw anyone buy engine oil/parts from SC and service it outside before?

I'm thinking only to do major service at SC, their labour is too expensive for changing engine oil and balancing.
DaBestOne
post Aug 20 2011, 09:44 PM

-LYN- 6 ★STARS★ Trader
1,328 posts

QUOTE(Nelson88 @ Aug 20 2011, 02:21 PM)

Wow, looks interesting, as if like there's another digital speedometer in the car  thumbup.gif
is that a city?
BaRT
post Aug 20 2011, 11:37 PM

-Retired MOD-
Group Icon
Elite
2,116 posts

today, my 1 month old city hits road kerb/divider..
habis rim calar / sumbing...warghhhhh cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
ZeneticX
post Aug 21 2011, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,641 posts

QUOTE(DaBestOne @ Aug 20 2011, 09:44 PM)
is that a city?
civic....but i believe our HU got similar function....just duno how to access that menu
andyfriends
post Aug 21 2011, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

QUOTE(shunryu @ Aug 19 2011, 05:02 PM)

I got this. What do you thnk? Is RM150 overpriced?

user posted image

was told by the acc shop that our car "butt" can be modified to open by using ctrl instead of using key, which wud costs abt rm350. any1 has done already ?

This post has been edited by andyfriends: Aug 21 2011, 12:16 AM
choon hon
post Aug 21 2011, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

What do u mean by our car butt can be modified to open? Are you trying to say that our car's boot can be opened by the remote control instead of using the key?

124 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1019sec    2.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 12:02 PM