Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

83 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ☆☆☆ Tires Discussion Thread V2✰✰✰, welcome re002☆csc5☆asymmetric2!

imarkfrancis
post Mar 29 2012, 07:32 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(shinjite @ Mar 28 2012, 05:46 PM)
RM300 for RE002 195/50/R15
RM270 for Achilles 123 195/50/R15
Oh ok , I know Achilles is crap for daily driving so i'll skip that . Mind giving more info on RE002 ? I was considering Michellin PS3 .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Quazacolt
post Mar 29 2012, 07:46 AM

Horo is mai Waifu <3
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(imarkfrancis @ Mar 29 2012, 07:32 AM)
Oh ok , I know Achilles is crap for daily driving so i'll skip that . Mind giving more info on RE002 ? I was considering Michellin PS3 .
Achilles 123 are semi slick tires and they are on totally different league when it comes to dry grip smile.gif

i have a set of 4 at home btw, got them for track day biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
fazron80
post Mar 29 2012, 10:56 AM

QUOTE(imarkfrancis @ Mar 29 2012, 07:32 AM)
Achilles is not so crap compared to nct5. It's better than most standard oem tyre. Anyone with a tight budget should consider Achilles. Get RE002. Newer released tyre than ps3. But I think i was quoted for 330 per piece Dec last year. Performance re002 I don't know really. But even re001 was better than ps3. So by theory re002 should be even better.
+Quote Post
turbocharged
post Mar 29 2012, 11:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fazron80 @ Mar 29 2012, 10:56 AM)
Achilles is not so crap compared to nct5. It's better than most standard oem tyre. Anyone with a tight budget should consider Achilles. Get RE002. Newer released tyre than ps3. But I think i was quoted for 330 per piece Dec last year. Performance re002 I don't know really. But even re001 was better than ps3. So by theory re002 should be even better.
in the wet, ps3 > Re001.

in the dry, RE001>PS3

i'm talking about grip only smile.gif
+Quote Post
azbro
post Mar 29 2012, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!

RE001/2 good for having some fun in the sun...rain...better slow down...but no need to be too slow like those extreme tires.
+Quote Post
Boy96
post Mar 29 2012, 10:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 28 2012, 06:49 PM)

no budget and R18? Yokohama Advan DB  rolleyes.gif
Survey survey first.. Any tire that is complete all rounder? (good grip in wet/dry, good in potholes, etc etc..)

For 225/40/R18 Michelin got PS3, goodyear got assy 2, yokohama advan db.. What else?

And pricing around >RM800 right?
+Quote Post
Quazacolt
post Mar 30 2012, 01:00 AM

Horo is mai Waifu <3

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Mar 29 2012, 10:25 PM)
Survey survey first.. Any tire that is complete all rounder? (good grip in wet/dry, good in potholes, etc etc..)

For 225/40/R18 Michelin got PS3, goodyear got assy 2, yokohama advan db.. What else?

And pricing around >RM800 right?
Advan db is pretty dang all rounder. it is also yokohama's flagship comfort tires... so yeah. lol.

and wait, you want over rm800/piece of tire? can maybe try Advan sport for more performance while maintaining decent comfort. (also yokohama's flagship performance tire lol)
if still want more performance, R18 Advan Neova AD08 should be really satisfying. cant say much for its noise/comfort levels though laugh.gif

that's as far as you go as anything better = semi slick Advan A048. which is their racing semi-slicks. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
hong_chen_my
post Mar 30 2012, 01:01 PM

Hia all bro,I looking for 215/45/17" .any brand recommend?
+Quote Post
jason1818
post Mar 30 2012, 01:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(poweredbydiscuz @ Mar 28 2012, 05:53 PM)
dude.. put the new tyres on rear pls..

if front lose traction, u can still try to control or maneuver the front with ur steering

if rear lose traction, u can't do anythg to control or maneuver the car. so it is important for the rear tyres to have the strong grip.

Hi
It only apply to the RWD cars, right ? (put new tyres on rear)... For FWD cars, we still need to put the new tyres on front, right or not? What you guys think about yokohama A drive tyres ? how's silverstone kruizer pula ?
+Quote Post
poweredbydiscuz
post Mar 30 2012, 01:19 PM

QUOTE(jason1818 @ Mar 30 2012, 01:04 PM)
Hi
It only apply to the RWD cars, right ? (put new tyres on rear)... For FWD cars, we still need to put the new tyres on front, right or not? What you guys think about yokohama A drive tyres ? how's silverstone kruizer pula ?
Doesn't matter RWD or FWD, new tyres should always be installed on the rear.

This is because good traction on rear tyres is important to prevent oversteer, which is almost impossible to control compare to understeer.

more info on http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tec...e.jsp?techid=52

no comment on ur last question coz never try em

This post has been edited by poweredbydiscuz: Mar 30 2012, 01:21 PM
+Quote Post
gladfly
post Mar 30 2012, 01:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Peekab0o @ Mar 27 2012, 06:41 PM)
How did u try it on wet... ? Normal cruising on highways ? Did u try high speed corners as well ? I nvr tried GY but i tried PS3 in a totally flooded Dato Sagor Kampung Gajah TRACK/CIRCUIT ...
When it rains mate...I find that the GY gives better grip..the steering tracks nicely. I changed to GY because my rears (Toyo's Proxes R1) stepped out once when I was taking a medium sharp corner at 110. Lucky I managed to snapped it back. I take the corner every day to work and from work..so I can notice any change in driving the corner at speed. By the way u dont test your wet grip in flooded condition. In those conditions...u need a submarine and not a car..no tyres can save you la. In my opinion, the worst condition is just after the rain where there is standing water plus dirt and oil residue, that is when the road is really slippery. Thats the best time to try out your wet grip.

I am not saying that PS3 is no good (I've used a set before). But vis-a-vis the GY can do pretty much of what PS3 can do and in certain condition can do better than PS3. The gooding point is that the GY about 200 cheaper. So its a pretty no brainer for me to recommend it rather than the PS3.

Cheers

This post has been edited by gladfly: Mar 30 2012, 01:48 PM
+Quote Post
Nitrous
post Mar 30 2012, 02:12 PM

Getting Started

Hi all
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 215/40/R18 tyres? Have been searching high and low for this size, some tyre manufacturers have this (such as CSC5 and Toyo T1) but many shops do not bring them in.
If you know where to get such tyres, would appreciate if you can let me know...
Cheers!
+Quote Post
Quazacolt
post Mar 30 2012, 03:07 PM

Horo is mai Waifu <3

QUOTE(hong_chen_my @ Mar 30 2012, 01:01 PM)
Hia all bro,I looking for 215/45/17" .any brand recommend?
requirements? budget?

Added on March 30, 2012, 3:08 pm
QUOTE(jason1818 @ Mar 30 2012, 01:04 PM)
Hi
a drive tires are basically their entry level basic tires.

no comment on silverstone

Added on March 30, 2012, 3:11 pm
QUOTE(gladfly @ Mar 30 2012, 01:45 PM)
When it rains mate...I find that the GY gives better grip..the steering tracks nicely. I changed to GY because my rears (Toyo's Proxes R1) stepped out once when I was taking a medium sharp corner at 110. Lucky I managed to snapped it back. I take the corner every day to work and from work..so I can notice any change in driving the corner at speed. By the way u dont test your wet grip in flooded condition. In those conditions...u need a submarine and not a car..no tyres can save you la. In my opinion, the worst condition is just after the rain where there is standing water plus dirt and oil residue, that is when the road is really slippery. Thats the best time to try out your wet grip.

I am not saying that PS3 is no good (I've used a set before). But vis-a-vis the GY can do pretty much of what PS3 can do and in certain condition can do better than PS3. The gooding point is that the GY about 200 cheaper. So its a pretty no brainer for me to recommend it rather than the PS3.

Cheers
his "description" of flooded is an exaggeration. The track during that day was as you said, lots of stagnant water/puddles throughout the entire track, and dirt too especially on those s/hard u-turn like corners. just no oil residue (AFAIK) else there would be a lot of horrible accidents.

i went through the track under those conditions using semi-slicks rolleyes.gif

Added on March 30, 2012, 3:12 pm
QUOTE(Nitrous @ Mar 30 2012, 02:12 PM)
Hi all
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 215/40/R18 tyres? Have been searching high and low for this size, some tyre manufacturers have this (such as CSC5 and Toyo T1) but many shops do not bring them in.
If you know where to get such tyres, would appreciate if you can let me know...
Cheers!
most highend/flagship/UHP (or max performance?) tires will have that size definitely. try to look around for larger/reputable tire shops who arent afraid of stocking/custom ordering these tires.

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Mar 30 2012, 03:12 PM
+Quote Post
Nitrous
post Mar 30 2012, 03:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 30 2012, 03:07 PM)
most highend/flagship/UHP (or max performance?) tires will have that size definitely. try to look around for larger/reputable tire shops who arent afraid of stocking/custom ordering these tires.
Thanks for the reply. Initially I thought that size would be available, but apparently 215/40 series is a rare size, eventhough it is a UHP tyre. They stock more for 225/40 series, and from many manufacturers. So far I can only find Toyo T1R, but I was hoping to get CSC5 somewhere.... so far no one stocks Conti tyres for that size.
+Quote Post
Quazacolt
post Mar 30 2012, 03:34 PM

Horo is mai Waifu <3

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Mar 30 2012, 03:26 PM)
Thanks for the reply. Initially I thought that size would be available, but apparently 215/40 series is a rare size, eventhough it is a UHP tyre. They stock more for 225/40 series, and from many manufacturers. So far I can only find Toyo T1R, but I was hoping to get CSC5 somewhere.... so far no one stocks Conti tyres for that size.
get 225 width then unless you have some really low/closed in fenders or maybe bad offset especially if you've modded your body kits/lower car height/springs etc.
+Quote Post
Nitrous
post Mar 30 2012, 04:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 30 2012, 03:34 PM)
get 225 width then unless you have some really low/closed in fenders or maybe bad offset especially if you've modded your body kits/lower car height/springs etc.
I am using 225/40 series now but unfortunately the tyres are scraping inside the wheel well during reversing and full lock. It is slightly too wide... I m thinking of rolling the wheel well abit to clear the tyres.
+Quote Post
jason1818
post Mar 31 2012, 04:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(poweredbydiscuz @ Mar 30 2012, 01:19 PM)
Doesn't matter RWD or FWD, new tyres should always be installed on the rear.

This is because good traction on rear tyres is important to prevent oversteer, which is almost impossible to control compare to understeer.

more info on http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tec...e.jsp?techid=52

no comment on ur last question coz never try em
hmm, brother, i have already read the article .. but honestly for ages, we have been told that new tyres always on front. right ?? Does it mean all the tyre people around also mistaken about it for dun know how many years already?? now actually i a bit rclxub.gif rclxub.gif doh.gif doh.gif hahaha ..
+Quote Post
Quazacolt
post Mar 31 2012, 05:00 PM

Horo is mai Waifu <3

QUOTE(jason1818 @ Mar 31 2012, 04:21 PM)
hmm, brother, i have already read the article .. but honestly for ages, we have been told that new tyres always on front. right ?? Does it mean all the tyre people around also mistaken about it for dun know how many years already?? now actually i a bit  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  hahaha ..
another reason for that is because FWD wears the front tires much faster. so if you put old tires in front and new one back, back ones will wear down very slowly while the front continues its accelerated wear. in the end you will end up having to purchase another pair of tire sooner than you think.

the best way is to rotate your tires time to time (front to back and vice versa for example) and wear down all 4, then once all 4 worn up, change all 4 at the same time smile.gif
that is the most ideal way to change your tires, however because of the pricing of changing all 4 at once, most malaysians opt to rotate/wear in pairs and only change 2 at a go.
+Quote Post
jason1818
post Mar 31 2012, 05:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 31 2012, 05:00 PM)
another reason for that is because FWD wears the front tires much faster. so if you put old tires in front and new one back, back ones will wear down very slowly while the front continues its accelerated wear. in the end you will end up having to purchase another pair of tire sooner than you think.

the best way is to rotate your tires time to time (front to back and vice versa for example) and wear down all 4, then once all 4 worn up, change all 4 at the same time smile.gif
that is the most ideal way to change your tires, however because of the pricing of changing all 4 at once, most malaysians opt to rotate/wear in pairs and only change 2 at a go.
Yeah, i know the best way to go is change all 4 tyres together, thats the most ideal way .. just sometimes people think about the cost factor cry.gif cry.gif
+Quote Post
noprob
post Mar 31 2012, 11:32 PM

Regular

nexen6000 205/50/16 Rm290, ok ?
+Quote Post

83 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »