Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Streamyx The Official Streamyx 4Mbps Users Club V3, Streamyx 4 Mbps Discussion Thread Q&A

views

XterNalz
post Apr 15 2011, 10:45 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Apr 15 2011, 08:56 PM)
Be confident!  smile.gif
If you read my earlier post, you should see my line was as bad as yours...  sad.gif
But after request for 4Mbps upgrade, they changed my port or something, and my installer told me my line is very good.  rclxms.gif
So, don't worry too much (or too early)!  icon_rolleyes.gif
I see. Thanks for comforting me, I do hope mine will be alright.
sg999
post Apr 15 2011, 11:04 PM

Regular
1,027 posts

QUOTE(XterNalz @ Apr 15 2011, 08:28 PM)
Mode:  G.DMT
Type:  Fast
Line Coding:  Trellis On

Downstream  Upstream
SNR Margin (dB):        29.0    25.0
Attenuation (dB):        52.0  26.5
Output Power (dBm  ):  12.2  18.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps):  7392  1196
Rate (Kbps):                  2048  512

Just registered to upgrade to 4mbps at TM Point yesterday, they said I will be contacted by installer soon. I'm so worried about my downstream attenuation >_<. My connection here is always fast and stable (downloads & gaming) , maybe only one DC in half a year. Any comments?

My 1 Mbps account can usually reach 200 KB/s.
G.DMT is nt for 4Mb
4M should use ADSL2+
so urs cannot be references rclxm9.gif
G K Lai
post Apr 15 2011, 11:59 PM

Enthusiast
839 posts

While doing speed test, I can get a short burst of around 3.8Mbps download speed, then it gradually slows down as shown on the following screen capture:

Click below:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Does that mean I got the so called 4Mbps already? ohmy.gif

Here's my final result: shakehead.gif

user posted image

My installer said 24 hours to get the right speed, some forumers here said 48 hours, anyway, I will give them 48 hours before calling 100.

EDIT: Got the promised speed this morning... rclxms.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by G K Lai: Apr 16 2011, 09:34 AM
unicode
post Apr 16 2011, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Apr 15 2011, 11:59 PM)
While doing speed test, I can get a short burst of around 3.8Mbps download speed, then it gradually slows down as shown on the following screen capture:

Click below:

Does that mean I got the so called 4Mbps already?  ohmy.gif

Here's my final result:  shakehead.gif

user posted image

My installer said 24 hours to get the right speed, some forumers here said 48 hours, anyway, I will give them 48 hours before calling 100.
EDIT: Got the promised speed this morning...  rclxms.gif

user posted image
Told ya it will usually takes a few days to obtain the real results however the speed for downloading will gradually slows down to lesser than 1Mbps sometimes or i should say MOST of the time. They are too good at throttling the speed but speedtest will always shows a good speed.

SnowFLak3s
post Apr 16 2011, 11:34 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(unicode @ Apr 16 2011, 11:31 AM)
Told ya it will usually takes a few days to obtain the real results however the speed for downloading will gradually slows down to lesser than 1Mbps sometimes or i should say MOST of the time. They are too good at throttling the speed but speedtest will always shows a good speed.
but not 4 me. seems like i the only who have prob here. call technician no answer, call 100 make report, replace new technician.. still no reply cry.gif
G K Lai
post Apr 16 2011, 04:18 PM

Enthusiast
839 posts

QUOTE(unicode @ Apr 16 2011, 11:31 AM)
Hi unicode, you are right, I just tried TM Speedometer and it is slower than SpeedTest.net
What do you mean about speed slowing down issue?
Do you mean it will slowing down per file / per download or you mean the speed will be slowing down day by day? blink.gif

QUOTE(SnowFLak3s @ Apr 16 2011, 11:34 AM)
but not 4 me. seems like i the only who have prob here. call technician no answer, call 100 make report, replace new technician.. still no reply  cry.gif
So sorry to heard that, SnowFLak3s, I think what you can do now is to keep calling 100 to bother them. sad.gif

unicode
post Apr 16 2011, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Apr 16 2011, 04:18 PM)
Hi unicode, you are right, I just tried TM Speedometer and it is slower than SpeedTest.net
What do you mean about speed slowing down issue?
Do you mean it will slowing down per file / per download or you mean the speed will be slowing down day by day?  blink.gif
So sorry to heard that, SnowFLak3s, I think what you can do now is to keep calling 100 to bother them.  sad.gif
The speed will frequently slowing down per download or per file from time to time. Its very very weird because they seems to doing it purposely to make extra space for others user.
AjkR06
post Apr 16 2011, 06:59 PM

that's me
1,538 posts

QUOTE(unicode @ Apr 16 2011, 06:33 PM)
The speed will frequently slowing down per download or per file from time to time. Its very very weird because they seems to doing it purposely to make extra space for others user.

G K Lai
post Apr 16 2011, 08:26 PM

Enthusiast
839 posts

QUOTE(unicode @ Apr 16 2011, 06:33 PM)
OIC, thanks! I understand what you mean now. smile.gif

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ Apr 16 2011, 06:59 PM)
Streamyx @4Mbps - 1.2TB a month
If it is real, then 1.2TB is definitely enough for me.
I'm occasionally a little BitTorrent, but not much... biggrin.gif

ahpek26
post Apr 16 2011, 08:29 PM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Apr 16 2011, 08:26 PM)
OIC, thanks! I understand what you mean now.  smile.gif
I'm occasionally a little BitTorrent, but not much...  biggrin.gif
Read again, that's not the quota, thats the "data" (*cough* bullshit *cough*) that TM came out with (on the monthly basis). The quota is not yet set and you'll definitely piss your pants when they do.
SnowFLak3s
post Apr 16 2011, 10:14 PM

6 posts

means if exceed data, it wont give us new data on next month??
AjkR06
post Apr 16 2011, 10:32 PM

that's me
1,538 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Apr 16 2011, 08:26 PM)
OIC, thanks! I understand what you mean now.  smile.gif
I'm occasionally a little BitTorrent, but not much...  biggrin.gif
Yes... That's not a quota...
It actually an amount of data that the HEAVIEST USER OF STREAMYX has been consumed for a period of one month! rclxub.gif

Like what you unicode said, "they seems to doing it purposely to make extra space for others user".
there will be no monthly quota, but TM will imposed a heavy throttle for those heavy user... And like Prasys said, It's like a speed limit at the highway...

SnowFLak3s
post Apr 16 2011, 10:41 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ Apr 16 2011, 10:32 PM)
It actually an amount of data that the HEAVIEST USER OF STREAMYX has been consumed for a period of one month!  rclxub.gif

Like what you unicode said, "they seems to doing it purposely to make extra space for others user".
there will be no monthly quota, but TM will imposed a heavy throttle for those heavy user... And like Prasys said, It's like a speed limit at the highway...
if like this, then we pay rm140 for 1-2MB only? adui .... tht time sure alot complain. if monthly quota nvm .. after pay bill then ok hmm.gif
G K Lai
post Apr 16 2011, 11:17 PM

Enthusiast
839 posts

QUOTE(ahpek26 @ Apr 16 2011, 08:29 PM)
Read again, that's not the quota, thats the "data" (*cough* bullshit *cough*) that TM came out with (on the monthly basis). The quota is not yet set and you'll definitely piss your pants when they do.
Opps! Haha... thanks for your explain and sorry for my careless reading.... doh.gif blush.gif

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ Apr 16 2011, 10:32 PM)
It actually an amount of data that the HEAVIEST USER OF STREAMYX has been consumed for a period of one month!  rclxub.gif

If they are "not going to be monthly quota based", I really don't know how TM will judge one as a heavy user? sad.gif
Maybe based on speed? Like, average speed per month? hmm.gif

I read from TM BB Deal homepage stated: Upon Broadband activation, customer has to bring along Multimedia Confirmation Slip for the collection of their Cordless Phone at any TMpoint.
Can anyone tell me where can I get the "Multimedia Confirmation Slip"?
My installer only left the Work Order and Service Acceptance Form for me.
I want to collect my Cordless Phone... sweat.gif

XterNalz
post Apr 16 2011, 11:40 PM

Casual
330 posts

4 megabits = 0.5 megabytes
0.5 x 60 sec x 60 mins x 24 hours x 30 days = 1.23596191 terabyte
TSMX510
post Apr 17 2011, 09:22 AM

Love Me Sin Hate Me Sinner
4,032 posts

It's time for version 4 now