Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Streamyx The Official Streamyx 4Mbps Users Club V3, Streamyx 4 Mbps Discussion Thread Q&A

views

TSMX510
post May 29 2010, 01:57 PM, updated 13y ago

Love Me Sin Hate Me Sinner
4,032 posts

Promotions now

If u wish to save pls take the RM 140 Blockbuster Package you can save RM 20

user posted image
user posted image
For more info refer to this website

http://www.streamyx.com

1.What is Streamyx Combo package?
i. Streamyx Combo package is a package which offers Streamyx broadband Internet access service and includes TM Homeline. Streamyx Combo is a package offering and no separate charge for TM fixed line rental. Customers just need to pay a single monthly subscription fee for both the services.
ii. The prices for Streamyx Combo packages are cheaper than any existing package, whereby customer pays separately for Streamyx and TM Homeline rental.
iii. Streamyx Combo package comes with UNLIMITED broadband usage and with modem.
iv. Details of Streamyx Combo package offerings are as follows:

2) What is the minimum subscription period for Streamyx Combo package?
12 months
3) If I am an existing Streamyx customer, can I change my existing services to Streamyx Combo package?
Yes. To upgrade to higher speed, you can register via any TMpoint outlets or Streamyx authorised resellers. However, you can only downgrade your package at TMpoint outlets.
4) If I do not have a TM Homeline, can I subscribe to Streamyx Combo?
You need a TM Homeline to subscribe to Streamyx or Streamyx Combo package. However, this is also subject to Streamyx service availability at your area.

You can apply for TM Homeline and check if Streamyx service is available at your area at any TMpoint outlets.

Alternatively, you can check for Streamyx service availability by using your neighbour’s TM Homeline number via SMS. Type STX<space><TM Homeline number>, SEND to 33535

E.g. STX 0388888888
5) If I subscribe Streamyx Combo together with TM Homeline, can I terminate my TM Homeline if Streamyx service cannot be offered?
Yes, but you have to settle any outstanding bills on call usage.
6) If I am an existing TM Homeline customer, can I subscribe to Streamyx Combo? When can I start enjoying ZERO charge for TM Homeline rental, which is included in the Streamyx Combo package?
Yes.
You can start enjoying the ZERO charge on TM Homeline rental for Streamyx Combo on the next bill date of your TM Homeline after the activation of Streamyx Combo service.
7) If I’m subscribing to TM Homeline together with Streamyx Combo, when can I start enjoying the inclusiveness of TM Homeline rental for it?
You can start to enjoy the inclusiveness of TM Homeline rental for Streamyx Combo on the next bill date of your TM Homeline after the activation of Streamyx Combo service.
8) Are there any additional charges on top of the monthly charges of Streamyx Combo?
Yes, you will be charged the following one-time charges:

(i) RM75 for Streamyx service activation
(ii) RM88 for Streamyx installation (not applicable to Streamyx-in-a-Box customer).

The normal call usage will also be charged accordingly (if any)
9) What is the warranty period for the modem?
The modem comes with a lifetime warranty.
10) Can I subscribe to any Add Ons after my Streamyx Combo is activated?
YES, you can subscribe to Add On(s) via:

(i) Online SelfCare
(ii) Any TMpoint outlets

BUT, you can only subscribe for Fun Package upon Streamyx Combo registration.
11) When can I enjoy the Voice Plan RM28?
Your Voice Plan RM28 will be effective on the next bill date of your TM Homeline after the activation of Streamyx Combo service.

If you utilise your TM Homeline to make phone calls before such notification(s), your calls will be charged at the normal call rates.

Refer to Question No. 13 on how to check for the TM Homeline bill date.
12) Do all Streamyx Combo packages include TM Homeline rental and Modem with warranty?
YES
13) How do I know the bill date of my TM Homeline?
You may refer to your latest TM Homeline bill or if you have registered online, you can view it via www.TMOnline.com.my website.
Bill sample is as illustrated below:

As highlighted in RED LINE, the bill date for this customer is on the 10th of every month.
14) I am a new customer of the Streamyx Combo package, what are my initial charges?
Your first bill for the Streamyx Combo package will consist of the following charges:

(i) RM75 activation fee
(ii) RM88 installation fee (waived if you subscribe to Streamyx-in-the-Box)
(iii) RM10 stamp duty fee
(iv) 1st and 2nd month subscription fee advance payment.
(v) Call usage (if any)
15) I am a new TM Homeline and Streamyx Combo customer. If Streamyx Combo cannot be delivered to my home, is there any charge for my TM Homeline Rental?
You will have NO RENTAL for the first 3 months only. You will be charged monthly rental RM26 on the 4th month and onwards.
16) I’m a new TM Homeline customer, what are my initial charges?
Your first bill for TM Homeline will consist of the following charges:

(i) RM75 deposit
(ii) RM10 stamp duty
(iii) RM50 connection fee (The charges shall be waived if subscribe together with Streamyx Combo)
(iv) Call usage (if any)
17) Can I subscribe to Voice Plan, Value Added Services or Content & Application without subscribing to any Streamyx Combo package?
NO. The Add On is only applicable for the Streamyx Combo package.
18) Are the rates of Voice Plan RM28 more attractive and give me more savings than normal call charges?
Yes. With just RM28 per month, you will enjoy UNLIMITED calls to any TM fixed line nationwide. You will also enjoy flat rate charge of 25sen/minute for calls to any mobile number and non-TM fixed line nationwide.
19) Is calling a 1 300 number considered as calling a TM fixed line number for the Voice Plan RM28?
NO. Calling to 1-300 numbers will be charged its normal call charge of 4 sen per minute.
20) What about calling to Internet dial up services , 137xx, 600 or 103 for Voice Plan RM28?
Dialing to an Internet dial up services will be charged at 1 sen / minute.

Calls to 137xx, 600 or any other special number is subject to the rate quoted by its own operator.

Calls to 103 will be charged 30sen per call.
21) Is the Service Tax (GST) of 5% chargeable?
It is only chargeable to Voice Plan RM28, but it will not be charged for the Streamyx Combo package.
22) What are the charges for Voice Plan RM28 if I make calls to border phone line numbers, like Brunei and Singapore?
Normal call charges apply. Voice Plan RM28 special rates are only applicable for calls to TM fixed line and Malaysia’s mobile number / non-TM fixed line numbers.
23) Can TM Homeline customers with existing Call Plans change the subscription of the existing call plan to Voice Plan RM28 on top of Streamyx Combo package?
YES. The existing Call Plan will be terminated once you subscribe to Voice Plan RM28 (effective on your next TM Homeline bill date)
24) When and how can I terminate Streamyx Combo package or any of the Add On(s)?
You can only terminate Streamyx Combo service after the minimum subscription period. Penalty will be imposed should you terminate the subscription before the expiry of this minimum period.

Termination of the package can only be done at TMpoint outlets.
25) I am a TM Home Prepaid customer, can I subscribe to Streamyx Combo?
NO. Streamyx Combo is only applicable for TM Homeline customers.

They are few tips getting 4.0 Mbps to your house, ask the technician to come to your house and check ur line capability ( Sometimes TM.Nut won't entertain this ) But i managed to fix 4.0 Mbps even though my house is not in their System for 4.0 Mbps. This will take a lot of effort for them to do it. Do remember u mess be less than 2km from DSLAM to support 4.0 Mbps otherwise it won't work. They will check your ADSL status latency to confirm your line support or not.

For Older Version Pls Browse here

Version 1

Version 2

This post has been edited by MX510: Nov 1 2010, 09:03 PM
TSMX510
post Jun 1 2010, 09:01 AM

4,032 posts

So far 115.XXX is the best during the second cable outage i can still get full speed to Europe

This post has been edited by MX510: Jun 1 2010, 09:01 AM
TSMX510
post Jun 2 2010, 03:41 PM

4,032 posts

I just went to TM Point Ampang upgrade my current 4 Mbps RM 160 to new blockbuster packages RM 140

Just to take note that this upgrade does not entitle new free DECT Phone given due to my existing package RM 160

TM Installer will send a new modem to your house in 3 days to 7 days from the date of upgrade

Please insist on the MIPS Upgrade Printed Order no before you leave TM Point as proof of upgrade already key in their system

Please ask for the pro rate date of ur billing of new bills because if u made calls before the pro rate u will be charged by TM

Attached Image

Total saving per year RM 20 x 12 = RM 240 per year

This post has been edited by MX510: Jun 2 2010, 03:42 PM
TSMX510
post Jun 2 2010, 04:56 PM

4,032 posts

Not yet in my place TMCorp will call me when it's available @ my place
TSMX510
post Jun 2 2010, 07:55 PM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(yslysl @ Jun 2 2010, 06:15 PM)
is there any contract for this upgrade?
U refresh ur contract for another 1 year of course i will be still using it since 2004 until now no other choices for ISP. If the Unify is in my place that's considered upgrade and i don't breach out my contract at all
TSMX510
post Jun 4 2010, 02:42 PM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(ah_ken @ Jun 4 2010, 10:29 AM)
whats SKMM complaint? how to do?? where to complaint?
http://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

Added on June 4, 2010, 8:00 pmI wonder why my 4 Mbps only achieved 3.6 Mbps need to make report soon and report it to you #streamyx #bugmy http://twitpic.com/1tss7o

This post has been edited by MX510: Jun 4 2010, 08:00 PM
TSMX510
post Jun 5 2010, 11:39 AM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(shikimori @ Jun 5 2010, 09:00 AM)
hey guys is my rate ok ?
user posted image
Should ask for 5120 kbps for the downstream :-)
TSMX510
post Jun 6 2010, 10:57 AM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Jun 6 2010, 09:51 AM)
I am also locked to 3.6 MB MX510.

prasys, i also was thinking of making them cap my port to 5 mb. Capping the port 5mb, it is not as if they are making my speed 5mb, just that i can actually get my full 4 mb. Because the 3.6mb i am getting is based on their cap and nothing to do with best effort based on the range from server + server specs+connection etc ....

But i have given up and just waiting to migrate over to unifi tongue.gif

All i managed to achieve is get a new additional ip block, that is it.
My another 4 Mbps is capped at 5120kbps :-) i can enjoy full speed of my 4 Mbps not 3.6 Mbps
TSMX510
post Jun 7 2010, 01:43 PM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(prasys @ Jun 7 2010, 01:33 PM)
Well you're lucky They shouldnt be giving modems for every free upgrade. Its just once only.
I also will get 2 another free modem so far all of them are 4 in the house collecting dust, the technician will come and give the modem this week changing package from 4 Mbps Combo RM 160 to RM 140 Blockbuster Deals

TSMX510
post Jun 7 2010, 10:42 PM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(boxsystem @ Jun 7 2010, 09:03 PM)
tmnet fakap again kah? slow conn here in keramat. 4mbps user.
So far so good in Setiawangsa :-) just check my desktop able to get 1.5 Mbps to 2.0 Mbps via FTP since TM.Nut already capped FTP speed only http can achieved full speed
TSMX510
post Jun 9 2010, 09:57 PM

4,032 posts

Sudden slow speed detected
TSMX510
post Jun 9 2010, 10:51 PM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(shogun_125 @ Jun 9 2010, 10:35 PM)
whre,,slow.. super fast lowyat page loading here.. hhuh
Lowyat in Malaysia

Europe slow like snail now even facebook also lag
TSMX510
post Jun 10 2010, 10:00 AM

4,032 posts

Speed back to normal
TSMX510
post Jun 10 2010, 11:32 AM

4,032 posts

QUOTE(dragna @ Jun 10 2010, 11:31 AM)
It will degrade again once nearing evening.. which is bad :/
Hopefully not both my 4 Mbps fakap last night using 218.111 and 115.xxx ip range
TSMX510
post Jun 10 2010, 08:37 PM

4,032 posts

Slow speed now back routing issues at peak hours #fakap
TSMX510
post Jun 10 2010, 10:11 PM

4,032 posts

wangsa maju got exchange
TSMX510
post Jun 11 2010, 09:02 AM

4,032 posts

I think IDC Wangsa Maju back to normal not sure tonight will fakap again or not
TSMX510
post Jun 11 2010, 01:02 PM

4,032 posts

Saw the Unifi cabling work near wangsa maju IDC that explain the slow problems
TSMX510
post Jun 12 2010, 11:42 PM

4,032 posts

Not sure my upgrade successful or not the tech should send me free modem until now no news yet
TSMX510
post Jun 14 2010, 11:26 PM

4,032 posts

Peak hours 4 Mbps fakap

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0419sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:20 PM