Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacOS X Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion & Bootcamp, Discussion MultiOS digest guide MAC Only

views

tpl
post Jul 1 2009, 08:49 AM

1,748 posts

Can Macbook Air runs 100% on windows without OSX? pls advice. tq smile.gif
dvlzplayground
post Jul 1 2009, 09:33 AM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

Yes, what a good idea to waste your money smile.gif
nders
post Jul 1 2009, 09:45 AM

Age of lost direction
1,059 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Jul 1 2009, 09:33 AM)
consider that functionality as "sweet add-on features" instead of waste of money lah!
nimrod323
post Jul 1 2009, 09:45 AM

Macster/Gunner\Autobot /Alphaman\
2,664 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Jul 1 2009, 09:33 AM)
haha typical Malaysian la, want the novelty of a mac but its a "Windows Inside".

Added on July 1, 2009, 9:48 am
QUOTE(nders @ Jul 1 2009, 09:45 AM)
consider that functionality as "sweet add-on features" instead of waste of money lah!
read TS carefully 100% Windows means there is no mac osx at all,of something goes wrong and you bring to the service people and they find out theres no mac os inside kinda voids the warranty right since it covers both the OS and hardware,think about it.

This post has been edited by nimrod323: Jul 1 2009, 09:48 AM
aizad02
post Jul 1 2009, 09:58 AM

Look Further, Work Harder
784 posts

a bong LOL for u TS....why would u want to buy a macbook air but in the inside still a windows?is it just for a show off thingy?btw,u can install a windows inside,but not 100%.u can't delete the osx.bootcamp will allow u to install windows in a new partition.
tpl
post Jul 1 2009, 10:10 AM

1,748 posts

thx for all the inputs. my wife she likes the macbook air's design, portability for her to take it to uni. She doesnt know how to use OSX and i thought i could have save some hdd space.

Added on July 1, 2009, 10:17 amShe's currently using lenovo x61 but she said its a little bulky and heavy and the screen resolution is only 1024x768. So i bought her sony vaioP she complain screen too small. the best i could think of is MBA.

This post has been edited by tpl: Jul 1 2009, 10:17 AM
xandman
post Jul 1 2009, 11:09 AM

When Darkness is the only Light U See.
7,214 posts

get the MBA.
Set maximum partition to boot camp.
Install windows.
settle.

Added on July 1, 2009, 11:10 ambut u will still have OSX inside juz incase anything goes wrong...

This post has been edited by xandman: Jul 1 2009, 11:10 AM
Criollo
post Jul 1 2009, 11:22 AM

Pew Pew Pew
842 posts

No problem if you wanna install windows only, doesn't void the warrenty too. Its just a freaking waste of money if you want to do so. Why get a mac if you wanna use windows, the only valuable aspect of a Mac is its operating system.

However, there might be a few problems such as if there is a problem with your Windows, service center's might be reluctant to help you as it is not in their expertise or from plain dislike of windows.

Don't worry about switching to a Mac platform. Its basically made to be easy to use for the average non-tech savvy person. It just takes some getting used to as the typical stuff of using a computer are still the same, just interface differences.
tinkerbel
post Jul 1 2009, 11:23 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

@tpl,
If ur wife is adaptable, switching from Mac to Windows is easier than having a toddler read ABC. If all else fails, just install bootcamp and run Windows.
nimrod323
post Jul 1 2009, 12:26 PM

2,664 posts

QUOTE(Criollo @ Jul 1 2009, 11:22 AM)
No problem if you wanna install windows only, doesn't void the warrenty too. Its just a freaking waste of money if you want to do so. Why get a mac if you wanna use windows, the only valuable aspect of a Mac is its operating system.

However, there might be a few problems such as if there is a problem with your Windows, service center's might be reluctant to help you as it is not in their expertise or from plain dislike of windows.

Don't worry about switching to a Mac platform. Its basically made to be easy to use for the average non-tech savvy person. It just takes some getting used to as the typical stuff of using a computer are still the same, just interface differences.
if they wanted to do a system level check via,tech tools or other software it'll be hard since the MBA has to be taken apart to see the problem.

cRazYee
post Jul 1 2009, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,642 posts

if you do that, you're one of the stupidest computer consumer in the world
tpl
post Jul 1 2009, 02:12 PM

1,748 posts

QUOTE(xandman @ Jul 1 2009, 11:09 AM)
get the MBA.
Set maximum partition to boot camp.
Install windows.
settle.

Added on July 1, 2009, 11:10 ambut u will still have OSX inside juz incase anything goes wrong...
how much space approx the osx will takes? thx

Added on July 1, 2009, 2:13 pm
QUOTE(Criollo @ Jul 1 2009, 11:22 AM)

Added on July 1, 2009, 2:17 pm
QUOTE(tinkerbel @ Jul 1 2009, 11:23 AM)
@tpl,
If ur wife is adaptable, switching from Mac to Windows is easier than having a toddler read ABC.  If all else fails, just install bootcamp and run Windows.
is that easy? ive been to apple center to play ard the OSX for few minutes it doesnt seems to be that easy. I'll try again since its easier than ABC... hehe smile.gif

This post has been edited by tpl: Jul 1 2009, 02:17 PM
nimrod323
post Jul 1 2009, 03:26 PM

2,664 posts

QUOTE(tpl @ Jul 1 2009, 02:12 PM)
how much space approx the osx will takes? thx

Added on July 1, 2009, 2:13 pm

Added on July 1, 2009, 2:17 pm
is that easy? ive been to apple center to play ard the OSX for few minutes it doesnt seems to be that easy. I'll try again since its easier than ABC... hehe smile.gif
than you need al the help you can get click here, for the ultimate source of knowledge on everything apple.

TSahblu3
post Jul 1 2009, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

@tpl, spend a little time to get used to Mac OSX save you a hell lot of time encountering crash, hang, lag, jam, and whatnot, on Windows platform.
tpl
post Jul 1 2009, 10:52 PM

1,748 posts

QUOTE(nimrod323 @ Jul 1 2009, 03:26 PM)
than you need al the help you can get click here, for the ultimate source of knowledge on everything apple.

Added on July 1, 2009, 10:54 pm
QUOTE(ahblu3 @ Jul 1 2009, 08:29 PM)
@tpl, spend a little time to get used to Mac OSX save you a hell lot of time encountering crash, hang, lag, jam, and whatnot, on Windows platform.
Tq very much for all the infos. appreciated.. i think i'll stick to OSX+windows and the bootcamp thingy.. err... ya.. thx again. smile.gif

This post has been edited by tpl: Jul 1 2009, 10:54 PM
dvlzplayground
post Jul 1 2009, 11:08 PM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

i find it amusing how people always say something is 'hard' just because it's different.

yes when i first switched to a mac, it does feel 'unusual' but i wont say its hard. u just have to get used to it. and getting used to a mac is indeed very easy

dont be so damn afraid about changes. when u first sign up in facebook, everything was 'hard' because it was different than friendster or myspace. look what happened now.
tpl
post Jul 2 2009, 08:59 AM

1,748 posts

sorry i dont use facebook/myspace/friendster..
aizad02
post Jul 2 2009, 10:44 PM

Look Further, Work Harder
784 posts

@tpl
ouh.....if that's the case...if that's my wife,i would do the same,lah....so,the best way is,just put as large as possible partition space for your windows using the bootcamp.it's not that hard to install windows btw,just follow the steps from the bootcamp assistant.btw,u still have dual boot in the end.so,just boot the windows lah.
tpl
post Jul 3 2009, 08:24 AM

1,748 posts

QUOTE(aizad02 @ Jul 2 2009, 10:44 PM)
@tpl
ouh.....if that's the case...if that's my wife,i would do the same,lah....so,the best way is,just put as large as possible partition space for your windows using the bootcamp.it's not that hard to install windows btw,just follow the steps from the bootcamp assistant.btw,u still have dual boot in the end.so,just boot the windows lah.
thx alot bro, i'll figure out the bootcamp thingy. guess should be ok. smile.gif
gengstapo
post Jul 3 2009, 09:02 AM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

OS X is damn very very nice platform
Even the games very less compared to windows, I would say Im stick to it & it being my main used system compare to windows
I only use my windows when I wanna play games or play some benchmark thinggy
Hail to OS X~!!

58 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:49 PM