Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion & Bootcamp, Discussion MultiOS digest guide MAC Only (MacOS X)

views

gyver
post May 5 2009, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(cscheat @ Apr 5 2009, 12:09 AM)
i tried Virtual PC, VMWare Workstation only !
however, now im playing around with VMWare workstation running Leopard on my Vista !

user posted image
Hi,

I am running Vista Home Premium on my Vaio Intel Centrino Duo with nVidia GPU. Will this solution work for me. I just need to purchase OS X Leopard for the VMware image right? Can you point me to some guides or tutorial please. Thank you.

EDIT: Is this a retail version install or hackintosh (iATKOS and Kalyway) ?

This post has been edited by gyver: May 5 2009, 04:06 PM
TSahblu3
post May 6 2009, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

gyver, I'm sorry that I can't help you with your "Reverse" Virtual machine idea.
This post is dedicated for Mac users who wanted to use supplementary Windows alongside Mac OS X but not the other way. Cheers!
Hongraphics
post May 12 2009, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

If i use the bootcamp to install Windows XP, how to remove the windows partition when i'm not using it anymore? wink.gif
stryfox
post May 14 2009, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

QUOTE(Hongraphics @ May 12 2009, 11:39 AM)
If i use the bootcamp to install Windows XP,  how to remove the windows partition when i'm not using it anymore?  wink.gif
i think u can set the partition for boot camp and window partition will be deleted
hellfried
post May 14 2009, 06:44 PM

Casual
324 posts

since no one has said it, let me do it. virtualbox is free as in beer. works great on my imac running the updated version of leopard. setting up the new ubuntu 9.04 was a snap. am currently typing this in windows 7 RC via leopard.
hidayat
post May 18 2009, 09:54 AM

23 posts

guys, i have a question. i just want to know is there any problem when using parallels on mac (never try parallels on mac, just want to know because i am thinking to buy a 2nd hand macbook pro) for programming (C, C++, VB, matlab and other electronic eng. software) and also PIC programming, also got to do some photo editing too. i'm worried that to the software mostly been design for Windows. FYI i'm a electronic eng. student and mostly will use that software for learn. so got any advice or experience tat can be share. thanks.
dennisccy
post May 19 2009, 01:35 PM

25 posts

hi guys,

recently i having a problem when using my vmware in my Mac book.
the VM windows is juz keep power off whenever i log into my windows inside vmware.
is there anyone having this problem b4? or is there any solution regarding this?

thanks!

im using VMware Fusion 2.0.4
OS Enviroment : Mac os X

This post has been edited by dennisccy: May 19 2009, 01:53 PM
TSahblu3
post May 21 2009, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Sorry for the late respond guys, have been kinda busy recently.

@hellfried, thanks for the info about VirtualBox, if possible, you can help contribute abit regarding the pros and cons and add some snap shots along too. So maybe later on I will request moderator to merge your posting to the topic post.

@hidayat, as many PD users out there, I didn't encounter any problems using PD 4.0 to run WinXP. Just make sure you tweak the right resource allocation for your virtual machine in order to run those programing apps you mentioned without any hiccups. As said before, if you need to run apps with full native resource, use Bootcamp.

@dennisccy, maybe I'm not in a position to advice you upon VMWare Fusion problem, but make sure your copies of VMWare Fusion, Windows XP or Vista, and your Mac OSX are all up to date. As your description is quite vague, I also cant pin point what's exactly the cause. If you do have setup BootCamp, I would suggest try booting your Windows with BC to check whether it is your Windows problem or VMWare instead.
hellfried
post May 23 2009, 10:36 AM

Casual
324 posts

to start off, here's Virtualbox running Ubuntu 9.04 in my Leopard host.

This post has been edited by hellfried: May 23 2009, 10:43 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
gengstapo
post May 23 2009, 11:51 AM

Retired
All Stars
10,648 posts

Hmm perhaps should included the Suns Virtual Box as it totally FREE of charge
may OSX user opt them also smile.gif
kiancher
post May 23 2009, 02:33 PM

43 posts

I have install VMware Fusion for me to work. 1 problem that I found that I install MSN on my VMware Fusion and try to video chat with my friend, it seem doesn't work, no webcam detected on my MacBook. I switch back to MAC OS X, try iChat and Skype, it works!
Is that normal when switching to VMware Fusion windows XP MSN cannot do video chat?
gengstapo
post May 24 2009, 08:24 AM

Retired
All Stars
10,648 posts

Guys,

Situation like this.

Main machine: OS X Leopard
Virtual machine: XP Pro SP2

If the XP machine running broadband adapter, can it allow to share the internet connection so the main machine can access the internet?

Thanks
don8ld
post May 24 2009, 10:36 AM

R.I.P Gary Moore
1,267 posts

Okay, i think something is wrong with my keyboard driver on my windows (boot camp)
the thing is that im stuck at the log in page where i've to key in my password which I can't !
Any solutions?

can someone help me?
Okay, i think something is wrong with my keyboard driver on my windows (boot camp)
the thing is that im stuck at the log in page where i've to key in my password which I can't !
Any solutions?
boundaries
post May 25 2009, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Currently using PD 4.0 and 2 thing i dun like is that the isight driver and the gpu driver is not available for my windows vista... sigh.. any having the same problem?
m|key
post May 29 2009, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

just wondering, from vista can see the files and folders in mac?
wei
post May 29 2009, 05:04 PM

Get your Macs done right!
6,349 posts

Yes, you will even see those you not supposed to see (hidden files).
m|key
post May 29 2009, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

it looks like i only able to see windows own partition.
esssymanex
post May 30 2009, 12:01 AM

On my way
596 posts

QUOTE(m|key @ May 30 2009, 12:22 AM)
it looks like i only able to see windows own partition.
Got vmware folder sharing files, there you can see the mac files when vmware...
chunkymunky
post Jun 2 2009, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

i know this has been answered b4 but does any1 know how to solve the prob? ever since i installed XP on bootcamp both OSes times get changed and i hv to change the time over and over again

thnx. sorry for wasting bandwidth
m|key
post Jun 2 2009, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(chunkymunky @ Jun 2 2009, 09:39 AM)
i know this has been answered b4 but does any1 know how to solve the prob? ever since i installed XP on bootcamp both OSes times get changed and i hv to change the time over and over again

thnx. sorry for wasting bandwidth
ya, me too having the same issue. but i still dun see files in my mac partition from xp partition.

58 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0416sec    1.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 12:59 PM