Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

91 Pages « < 87 88 89 90 91 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Malaysia Import Duties

Mr_Rocket
post Feb 2 2020, 09:43 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(Mr_Rocket @ Jan 23 2020, 10:20 PM)
Hello sifus

I'm sorry. I'm sure these has been asked many times but I just want to be sure.

If I buy a brand new full set of road bike will i be charge the import tax? or SST ?

How do i do calculation for this? For example the bike cost is USD 5000 + shipping USD 300.

Also would i be taxed if bought computer bike worth usd 400?

Thank you in advance. This would really help me to understand the import rax.
Hi kherel77,

Can you help me with this question? Sorry but seem that you are knowledgeable in this matter.

I just got to know a friend got tax buying a roadbike from Germany.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
kherel77
post Feb 4 2020, 10:17 AM

Noobie
1,419 posts

QUOTE(Mr_Rocket @ Feb 2 2020, 09:43 PM)
Hi kherel77,

Can you help me with this question? Sorry but seem that you are knowledgeable in this matter.

I just got to know a friend got tax buying a roadbike from Germany.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Normal roadbike under Tariff Code 8712.00.3000 got 25% Import duty, 0% SST.
Mr_Rocket
post Feb 4 2020, 06:55 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(kherel77 @ Feb 4 2020, 10:17 AM)
Normal roadbike under Tariff Code 8712.00.3000 got 25% Import duty, 0% SST.
Hi,

Oh wow!

I thought normal roadbike & kids bike are under ZERO import duty except for other than these two?
Marcus5003
post Feb 7 2020, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Sifus sekalian,

Want to ask if foreign supplier want to send me a demo unit of machinery for free, do I need to pay for any import duties or SST as in there is no value (no selling price by supplier) for this machinery. Or the Kastam officer will evaluate the machinery base on market value?

sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
kherel77
post Feb 7 2020, 07:20 PM

Noobie
1,419 posts

QUOTE(Marcus5003 @ Feb 7 2020, 05:12 PM)
Sifus sekalian,

Want to ask if foreign supplier want to send me a demo unit of machinery for free, do I need to pay for any import duties or SST as in there is no value (no selling price by supplier) for this machinery. Or the Kastam officer will evaluate the machinery base on market value?

sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Whatever goods transfer across border, it must have certain value to declare to Customs whether for sale, loan, demo, etc...

Is it import into Malaysia & to be return back to your supplier? If so can apply temporary import permit from Customs to exempted for duty/tax.
But most of machinery have 0% import duty/tax. What kind of machinery?

If failed, you can ask supplier to decrease value in shipping invoice with remark "used items/for demo unit/not for sale/for Customs value purpose only"

Temporary Import Facility
mada0807
post Feb 10 2020, 06:25 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi there,

Has anyone imported Mass Loaded Vinyl before? I had received the HS (3918.10.9000) code from Kastam and they ask me to refer to KPDN. When I refer to KPDN they are also not sure.

Just wondering if I will need an import permit for it. Otherwise it's RM2000++ down the drain. XD

Thanks!
asfikri5007
post Feb 10 2020, 09:53 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hye. I would appreciate if there's anybody can help me.. What was the imported fee for hoverboard buying from trecinn
Item price at rm900++

footunhou
post Feb 19 2020, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Say I want to buy leather wallet from US, I will need to pay 10% sales tax?
agop99my
post Feb 19 2020, 05:58 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi there. I just bought a felt hat from australia amouting less than rm500. How much will the tax if any ang sst charge once the item arrived in Malaysia. And what is the HS coding for the item. Will ot under the MAFTA trade agreement?.
footunhou
post Feb 20 2020, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hello, how much custom duties and tax imposed on men leather wallet? According to what I find using HS code 4202 or specifically 42023100, it is 10% sales tax ONLY. And from this forum, article no. 23, it stated leather handbags and bags are 10% sales tax ONLY, does wallet consider under this category?

If so, then what I found is the same as what stated in thia forum that is 10% sales tax ONLY? Please verify, thanks!!!
slap2begin
post Mar 3 2020, 10:34 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(remeron @ Jan 30 2020, 10:27 AM)
Hi guys,
I need some advice.

Last week I bought some mill max sockets,
https://my.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mill-Ma...i1rs8w5iF41k%3D

The total value is RM255, and freigh was RM74.  And I used FedEx.

Upon reaching Malaysia, I was informed that I need to pay RM211 for tax.  And the reason behind it is because my freight charges is now RM523 as declared by FedEx (or Customs, I don't know who).
The invoice shows freight RM523.

2 months ago, I bought the exact same product, and I used UPS.
The freight was RM88.
However, that time, I wasn't taxed and the reason was because the freight in the custom invoice was RM88, so my CIF was less than RM500.
I have approached the PK today, and they told me any item from the US, even if it's RM1, will be charged freight RM523.

I just need to know whether I am being conned.
Update:
After much resistance.
FedEx has agreed to lower my tax from RM211 to RM83.
I have agreed but will never use FedEx again.
fedex mmg cibai i also kene mcm ni dan they refuse to lower my tax..

better use DHL or UPS

Bergaf
post Mar 23 2020, 04:27 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Aug 28 2017, 11:58 PM)
Yes, zenmarket will let u decide if you want to declare it based on the price you paid or a value of your own preference
Then you might need to pay an extra 200-500 yen (depending on how much difference is your declared value vs actual value) for insurance in case of lost item claims
HI there you still uses zenmarket?
Have a few question, when using airmail does it sometimes get through customs? if so how many went pass from your experience?
Thanks
evilhomura89
post Mar 24 2020, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,588 posts

QUOTE(Bergaf @ Mar 23 2020, 04:27 PM)
HI there you still uses zenmarket?
Have a few question, when using airmail does it sometimes get through customs? if so how many went pass from your experience?
Thanks
Hi there, I stopped using zenmarket for quite some time already.
But yes, all airmail will still go through custom - as long as your declared value is not ridiculous (ie, small box size, low value usually no problem), it'll go through just fine. Compared to DHL/Fedex/UPS, still higher chance of passing through customs without issue.
However, if your parcel is a big box with low value declared, customs are highly likely to open up and check/verify.
evilhomura89
post Mar 24 2020, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,588 posts

QUOTE(slap2begin @ Mar 3 2020, 10:34 PM)
fedex mmg cibai i also kene mcm ni dan they refuse to lower my tax..

better use DHL or UPS
I've had experience where FedEx or whoever it was at customs clearance office tried to "con" my money by using the wrong HS Code.
Bought a jacket, seller declared a ridiculously low value for the parcel - raised customs officer's suspicion. Customs officer googled the item and decided to whack a 25% tax duty (which is too high even for jacket) on the retail price they found online.

I had to pay for the duty upon receiving the parcel but then I realized something was not right so I decided to double check the HS tariff code and everything in the custom receipt. The tariff code provided by shipper is 6210.40.1500 (Garment - 0% duty). But the tariff code used in the Kastam receipt is 8481.20.200 (Copper pipe -25% duty) which is totally irrelevant. Hence I concluded that some idiots tried to make me pay extra duty by misusing the tariff code.

Made a complain to FedEx, told them that I'm not their typical stupid consumers who don't understand anything about import/export duties. Sent in all the proof and they finally refunded me the duties that I've paid.

Lesson here is, when you're being taxed, make sure you check all the documentations/receipts etc - make sure everything is valid and make sense. And to avoid any further troubles, make sure your seller/shipper declare properly in their CIF forms.

More related cases here - https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4763725/all

ArkhamSoldier
post Mar 24 2020, 09:07 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hello,want to ask. This is my first tine buying stuff from overseas and want to ask if I might get taxed or not.

I order a blu ray disc from AmiAmi last week for 10840 yen, that is about RM 434.

1) Will I get taxed by custom ?

2) I live at Perak, if my parel get detained, do I have to go all the way to KL to collect it ?
alusmitai
post Apr 2 2020, 10:21 AM

Probation
0 posts

I want to ask to. I bought a 130usd headphone, roughly about RM550 with shipping cost of RM100 from US. How much tax do I need to pay? (What tax?) Im using Ezipoz which I can declare the item myself. First time buying using forwarding service.
koaybl
post Apr 2 2020, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

I wanna ask if i buy a leather bag from Farfetch for about RM2400 how much tax do i need to pay ?
ciajuin
post Apr 23 2020, 12:31 AM

Probation
1 posts

How about watch?
howiseveryone
post Apr 23 2020, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Hi. Noob here when it comes to buying from another country. Wondering if someone can help shed some light here. If I am to buy a mobile phone worth rm2400 from S.Korea, do I need to pay any tax/duties at all? I've checked on the HS code (8517120000 - I believe this is the code) and the rate is 0% under AKFTA. Does this mean no extra tax/charges and can pass thru kastam?

Appreciate if any experts here can help to clarify. Thanks in advance.
antihype
post Apr 26 2020, 10:37 AM

Probation
0 posts

Hi all, I’ve got a Nintendo Switch and two pairs of sneakers to be sent from a friend in Australia. Will there still be a risk of getting taxed even if I declare it below RM500 as a gift/personal used items? Will unwrap the packaging of these items and pretend that’s used items.

I’ve checked on DHL website and it requires commercial invoice as it says Malaysian Custom no longer accept proforma invoice. How do I provide a commercial invoice for something used or personal though?

91 Pages « < 87 88 89 90 91 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 12:14 PM