Standard DHL prohibitions plus: All items offensive to Muslim culture, particularly publications,
films and videotapes, are prohibited. Malaysia has no trade or diplomatic relations with Israel.
Therefore all items to and from Israel or territories administered by her are prohibited. No DOX
restrictions apply but for non document, consignees must get an approval permit from the
Malaysian International Trade & Industry (which may take 1 week).
Precious metals & stones
General correspondence (business or private), plus: Advertising brochures/pamphlets
Airline tickets, issued/validated
Booklets, brochures (non-adv.) 
Books: hard book/paper book noncommercial use 
Cash letters (NI)
Cheques, blank (NI)
Cheques, cancelled (NI)
Cheques, cashier (NI)
Credit card blanks (NI)
Credit cards (NI)
Documents, general business
Invoices, not blank
Magazines, periodicals, journals 
Microfiche & microfilm 
Money orders (NI)
Music, printed or manuscript
Paper patterns for wearing apparel
Photos as part of business reports
Price tickets for garments
Publication not for public resale
Ship manifest-computer generated
1. Ship as DOX if no commercial transaction is involved ie. product is not intended for resale in
Worldwide Package Express
Note following WPX restrictions:
Airline tickets, blank stock (NI) 
Alcoholic beverages 
Blank forms 
Bunker oil sample (for analysis) 
Ceramic products 
Chemicals, non-hazardous 
Circuits & circuit boards 
Coal & firewood 
Coffee samples 
Cologne and perfume 
Communications equipment 
Compact disc 
Computer components & parts 
Computer software 
Cotton seed 
Drugs: non-prescription 
Electronic equipment 
Electronic games 
Eye glasses and contacts 
Fabrics & fabric samples 
Films: 8mm, 16mm & 35mm 
Films: entertainment 
Films: promotional, training 
Fire extinguishers 
Foodstuffs  Fotolithos 
Glass products 
Grain samples 
Industrial equipment 
Invoices, blank 
Jewellery, costume 
Laser disc 
Leather goods 
Liquids, non-hazardous 
Marble products 
Measuring apparatus 
Medical samples 
Medical/dental supplies & equipment 
Military equipment 
Negatives, including x-rays, films 
Oil products 
Parts, machine & electronic 
Personal effects 
Plant products 
Plastic made products 
Playing cards 
Publications for public resale 
Radar equip.-transmitters/receivers 
Radio equipment 
Radios or parts thereof 
Rubber made products 
Samples, textile 
Ship spares 
Soil samples 
Sports equipment 
Stone/mineral samples for analysis 
Subs. cont'g sodium/calc. cyclamate 
Tapes: audio cassettes 
Tapes: computer 
Tapes: video cassettes 
Telecommunications equipment 
Televisions, television equipment 
Textile articles 
Typewriter ribbons 
Works of art 
1. 20% import tax.
2. USD 25.00-30.00 per deca litre (DAL) import duty and 15% sales tax. Approval for import must be obtained from Ministry of Health. Ministry operates strict Mon-Fri business hours only. Additional 48hours.
3. Import tax 5% and sales tax 10%. Flashpoint should be under 60.5 centigrade. If strictly for analysis only, no duties chargeable.
4. Import tax 15% and sales tax 10%. Shoes made out of leather is tax free.
5. Import tax 15-35% and sales tax 10%. Duties chargeable depending on utility of item.
6. 5%-10% import tax and 10% sales tax. Approval for import must be obtained from
2. Government Chemistry Dept. Dept operates strict Mon-Fri business hours only. Additional 48hrs.
7. 10%-30% import tax and 10% sales tax. Electrical circuit boards, integrated circuits and integrated circuit boards dutiable at 30% import tax and 10% sales tax. ICs 10% sales tax only. For use in PCs, no duties chargeable.
8. Please contact Customer Service
9. 5% import tax and 10% sales tax.
10. Approval for import must be obtained from Government Agricultural Department and/or Health Ministry. Ministry operates strict Mon-Fri business hours. Additional 48hrs.
11. 0-10% import tax. Approval must be obtained from Government Pharmacy Department and/or Ministry of Health. Ministry operates strict Mon- Fri business hours only. Additional 48hours.
12. 20%-30% import tax and 10% sales tax. Consignee must have approved permit from SIRIM (Standard Industry Research Institute of Malaysia). Failure to produce permit will result in inordinate delay.
13. Except CD ROMs which are for computer use, video CDs and other CDs are charged 10% sales tax.
14. Non-dutiable. Computer cables are dutiable at 30% import tax and 10% sales tax. Modems require an approved permit from Telecom Malaysia.
16. 0-10% import tax. Approval must be obtained from Government Pharmacy Department and/or Ministry of Health. Ministry operates strict Mon-Fri business hours only. Additional 48hours.
17. Sales tax 10% only.
18. Import tax at 5% and sales tax 10%. Only contact lenses are dutiable.
19. Import tax 20% and sales tax 10%. No duties chargeable if quantities are small, i.e. strictly samples. Must identify fabric type, e.g. knitted, woven, crochet, etc.
20. Import tax 30-35% & sales tax 10%. Approval must be obtained from National Film Auth. (FINAS) subject to screening by the Board of Censors. Consignee may obtain exemption if approval is obtained fm the Min. of Info. Clearance from censor board additional. 4-8weeks
21. 25% import tax and 10% sales tax.
22. Duties chargeable depending on utility of equipment/parts.
23. All leather goods incur duties of up to 25% import tax and 10% sales tax. Handbags and other leather bags are import tax free with 10% sales tax.
24. 25% import tax.
25. Approval for import must be obtained from the Ministry of Defense and/or the Royal Malaysian Police. Clearance duration dependent on consignee's obtaining of approval. Ministry operates strictly Mon-Fri business hours only.
26. If personal shpt send as DOX, shpt for commercial purposes must be sent as WPX and subject to screening by Ministry of Home Affairs - Publication Division at the airport; delay: 24 hrs.
27. Import tax 5-15% and 10% sales tax. Duties chargeable depending on utility of parts.
28. Detailed Commercial Invoice and copy of consignee passport required.
29. Approval for import must be obtained from Government Agricultural Department and/or Ministry of Health. Ministry operates strictly Mon-Fri business hours only. Quarantine imposed. Additional 14 days.
30. Commercial shpt is subject to screening by Ministry of Home Affairs - Publication Division at the airport; delay: 24 hrs.
31. 1. If foreign registered vehicles, no duties chargeable. If locally registered vehicles, import duties are 15-50% and 10% sales tax. Delays can be expected if ship is not in port. 2. Ship spares for ship in transit: must carry harmonized tariff code 9800.00.700 which is tax free. Applies only to goods intended for incorporation in ships, boats or other vessels for the purpose of their construction, repair maintenance or for fitting to or equipping such vessels. The spares are imported are to be solely used by such vessels of an international nature departing to a destination outside the country.
32. Import tax 10%. Duties varied on utility and composition.
33. Import tax 30% and 10% sales tax.
34. Blank unrecorded tapes, sales tax 10%. Recorded entertainment, promotional or training tapes, tax: imp 30-35% & sales 10%. Require approval from National Film Auth, subject to Bo Censors screening. Consignee may be exempted if approval obtained from Ministry of Information; 4-8weeks.
35. 30% import tax and 10% sales tax. Approval must be obtained from the National Electricity Board. Board operates strict Mon-Fri business hours only. Failure to produce permits will result in inordinate delays.
36. 5% import tax and USD50.00 per kg. Approval must be obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture. Ministry operates strict Mon-Fri business hours only. Additional 48hours.
37. 15-25% import tax and 10% sales tax. Duties chargeable depending on the materials toys are made of.
38. 5-10% import tax and 10% sales tax.
39. Import tax 5-30% and sales tax 10%. Duties chargeable depending on composition of the yarn.
Malaysia Import Duties