Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

40 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bike Gear Talk, ATGATT? gloves, boots, pants etc.

views

SUSskyblu3
post Nov 1 2022, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 1 2022, 09:57 AM)
we wear gear and sometimes ppl call us 'pussies'
just need to remind them, 'cats have 9 lives'
call you a pussy
or make fun of you by saying "you going racing?"
or say "so scared then better don't ride".

alexei
post Nov 1 2022, 10:28 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Nov 1 2022, 10:12 AM)
most riders do not have this concern.
some are better skilled than me of course, can cilok between cars at full speed, I see also kecut.

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Nov 1 2022, 10:14 AM)
call you a pussy
or make fun of you by saying "you going racing?" 
or say "so scared then better don't ride".
just tell them 'ya, i'm an imaginary racer'

many ppl are like that, I just tell them, belum kena then count yourselves lucky
I just say bluntly, yes, I kena before, and enough for now

I can also tell stories, show scars, and describe the pain going to clinics treating roadrash, stitches, and run water across those skin, those time wasted.
some ppl perma-injured forever cannot dukung anak, how? not to curse them but we have brains to think, and technology in protection to reduce severity of injury.

spend on tyres, brakes and suspension as well, those reduces chances of crashing during those 'oh-shit' moments
Malaysia road is bad, but at least is not slippery as Thailand
but, our motobodo and carbodo is at least 3x than theirs
SUSskyblu3
post Nov 1 2022, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 1 2022, 10:28 AM)
some are better skilled than me of course, can cilok between cars at full speed, I see also kecut.
You may have good skills.
but on a public road you are not alone. There are road users with no skills.

dandanfireman always say riders must put their high ego aside when riding on a public road. We are not the only road users.

you just need one donkey to make you crash.

alexei
post Nov 1 2022, 12:26 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Nov 1 2022, 10:50 AM)
You may have good skills.
but on a public road you are not alone.  There are road users with no skills.

dandanfireman always say riders must put their high ego aside when riding on a public road. We are not the only road users. 

you just need one donkey to make you crash.
I'm going to imagine myself herding donkeys from now on, whenever I don't imagine myself being a racer
genesiscopy
post Nov 1 2022, 01:19 PM

37 posts

Not really full gear, but here goes: modular helmet, Andes V3 jacket and pants, Forma Vantage boots and gloves. Daily rider with 100km return trip (60 highway 40 city road).

Works damn well during rainy season. Just need to stop to close those vents. But sweaty AF during hot and dry season.
TSJason
post Nov 1 2022, 01:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 1 2022, 12:26 PM)
I'm going to imagine myself herding donkeys from now on, whenever I don't imagine myself being a racer
Good mindset. And donkeys are donkeys so don’t expect them to be rational or logical.

I DGAF about other people, so people taking photos or making fun doesn’t bother me. Can look like macam yes, bergaya.

Don’t need to respond anyway, just smile.

It’s our life and our skin. I’m not going to put my my safety aside cause people make fun of me. And don’t need to answer them.

One thing that concerns me is people gearing up with stuff they think is safe.. when it’s not.

I’ve seen quite a number of motorcycle riding boots that doesn’t have CE rating…. And a lot of mesh jackets esp Taichi and Komine that has CE armor but the jacket itself doesn’t have CE rating for abrasion. Same with my own mesh jacket. No CE for abrasion. I’ve got a leather jacket but that doesn’t have back armor only shoulder and elbow.
jaycee1
post Nov 1 2022, 01:39 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Oct 31 2022, 05:49 PM)
Lai lai share your gear.

My daily gear as requested.

HJC Rpha 70

user posted image

Komine JK069 Mesh Jacket (armour upgraded), with Neck brace (only when highway use, city use impedes shoulder check) .

user posted image

No brand riding jeans (amour upgraded) various design and colour. Single layer non kevlar lined / Komine PK717 mesh riding pants
user posted image
user posted image
The Komine mesh pants have compatible zip to zip to your Komine jacket so it stays together in a slide. I also upgraded the hip armour.

Benkia GK333 Mesh gloves / Komine GK160
user posted image
user posted image

Arcx Riding boots

user posted image

These are my daily gear. I ahve other secondary equipment like extra jackets , gloves, helmets etc. that I didnt bother to put up.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Nov 1 2022, 02:10 PM
alexei
post Nov 1 2022, 01:47 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(genesiscopy @ Nov 1 2022, 01:19 PM)
Not really full gear, but here goes: modular helmet, Andes V3 jacket and pants, Forma Vantage boots and gloves. Daily rider with 100km return trip (60 highway 40 city road).

Works damn well during rainy season. Just need to stop to close those vents. But sweaty AF during hot and dry season.
The Andes V3, marketing talk say it's waterproof membrane and good breathability.
My textile jacket, also with internal rain liner.

I wanna say our jackets are similar, and they are hot AF.
Personally, for ventilation, I prefer perforated leathers.

QUOTE(Jason @ Nov 1 2022, 01:19 PM)
Good mindset. And donkeys are donkeys so don’t expect them to be rational or logical.

I DGAF about other people, so people taking photos or making fun doesn’t bother me. Can look like macam yes, bergaya.

Don’t need to respond anyway, just smile.

It’s our life and our skin. I’m not going to put my my safety aside cause people make fun of me. And don’t need to answer them.

One thing that concerns me is people gearing up with stuff they think is safe.. when it’s not.

I’ve seen quite a number of motorcycle riding boots that doesn’t have CE rating…. And a lot of mesh jackets esp Taichi and Komine that has CE armor but the jacket itself doesn’t have CE rating for abrasion. Same with my own mesh jacket. No CE for abrasion. I’ve got a leather jacket but that doesn’t have back armor only shoulder and elbow.
I think CE rating for garment came in later. Even race leather suits don't get CE rating, except for some RST.
jaycee1
post Nov 1 2022, 01:50 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Nov 1 2022, 01:19 PM)

THis comes with proper research. Not all gear will be properly tested for CE ratings.

We use our equipment knowing full well the limitations and what it can or can not do.

Many riders are limited by budget and or comfort. Depends a lot on your risk adversion as well and how you ride.

Its no point decking ones self up with 5000 of gear that you dont wear because its too uncomfortable.

Just wear what you can comfortably afford or be comfortable in.
genesiscopy
post Nov 1 2022, 02:36 PM

37 posts

Anybody tried or used airbags? Some like the Tech-Air is too proprietary and may need to be periodically replaced/change canister which may cost as much as buying new. Lol.

This post has been edited by genesiscopy: Nov 1 2022, 02:38 PM
jaycee1
post Nov 1 2022, 08:54 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

Internal waterproof liner? Must as well don't use.

My jacket has one. It's a real PITA to put on. And it still leaks in at the front zipper. Rest of it is ok. Plus your jacket still gets very wet and heavy and takes forever to dry. Disaster on a multiday trip where you can't properly dry your gear.

Better just to put on a rain shell over your main jacket. Much faster and you can choose bright eye searing florescent colours that you otherwise won't wear on a normal day.
jaycee1
post Nov 1 2022, 08:59 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(genesiscopy @ Nov 1 2022, 02:36 PM)
Anybody tried or used airbags? Some like the Tech-Air is too proprietary and may need to be periodically replaced/change canister which may cost as much as buying new. Lol.
I have a friend using a dainese d-air vest. Says it's heavy and hot.

Helite Turtle seems to be the best reviewed airbag vest so far.
007SMH
post Nov 1 2022, 09:29 PM

43 posts

For me cuz i work at a production factory , I ride 40km a day so just a Full face helmet (HJC C70) , Benkia jackets ,riding gloves (Rockbros), work pants and safety boots.

Good enough for me and my own budget.
alexei
post Nov 1 2022, 10:08 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Nov 1 2022, 08:54 PM)
Internal waterproof liner?  Must as well don't use.

My jacket has one. It's a real PITA to put on. And it still leaks in at the front zipper. Rest of it is ok. Plus your jacket still gets very wet and heavy and takes forever to dry. Disaster on a multiday trip where you can't properly dry your gear.

Better just to put on a rain shell over your main jacket. Much faster and you can choose bright eye searing florescent colours that you otherwise won't wear on a normal day.
No, not that type.
Example like this: outer shell, inner waterproof layer, then another mesh nylon layer.
In my case, there are 2 zippers, one internal one for waterproof.

Then again, that jacket oredi many years, now leaking everywhere.
Nightstalker1993
post Nov 5 2022, 11:28 PM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

My daily commute is only 10km 1-way, so to and fro is around 20-25km. I ATGATT on my commute except for riding pants. I just wear my work cargo pants as it is too inconvenient to change pants.

I wear a Shoei Neotec 2 helmet, Furygan WB07 mesh jacket with D3O pads and upgraded with additional CE level 2 back D3O protector, Furygan Jet D3O gloves, recent addition is the Alpinestar CR-X Drystar riding shoes and on longer rides other than my work commute, I have a pair of Furygan Jeans with D3O as well. I love d3o as it is soft and I can fold my jacket with the full back protector and fit it in my top box with my helmet so I can ATGATT to anywhere and leave my gear secured on my bike.

For me helmet must be full face or modular, few years ago I jatuh bodoh from my VS125 scooter and faceplanted at 60kmh onto tarmac. If not because of my LS2 modular helmet, my face would've been a goner. And for that crash I was wearing my RS Taichi jacket with armour but did not wear my gloves as it was raining and I didn't want to wet my gloves(stupid me!). In the end my upper body had almost zero damage other than my palms.

Aftermath from my fall from a scooter
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

If anybody is interested with Furygan gear, you can go direct to the distributor at Balakong where they are having some very nice discount on older model gears. Also bought my rain suit there as well and had yet to use it but it is always in my top box.

Basically this is how I look like with my gear. Photo from when I was test-riding some Triumph bikes.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

SUSskyblu3
post Nov 6 2022, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Nov 5 2022, 11:28 PM)
My daily commute is only 10km 1-way, so to and fro is around 20-25km. I ATGATT on my commute except for riding pants. I just wear my work cargo pants as it is too inconvenient to change pants.
Bro
Protect your knees as well.

If you remember the story I shared, my buddy fractured his kneecap just from a simple fall from his motorbike.
Nightstalker1993
post Nov 6 2022, 07:01 PM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Nov 6 2022, 01:16 PM)
Bro
Protect your knees as well.

If you remember the story I shared, my buddy fractured his kneecap just from a simple fall from his motorbike.
Yeah getting a motowolf strap on knee guard for work. Seems like they come with viscoelastic pads, at least in the photos.

https://shopee.com.my/product/132531093/211...60-1667732462.9
SUSskyblu3
post Nov 6 2022, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Nov 6 2022, 07:01 PM)
Yeah getting a motowolf strap on knee guard for work. Seems like they come with viscoelastic pads, at least in the photos.

https://shopee.com.my/product/132531093/211...60-1667732462.9
Awesome

TSJason
post Nov 8 2022, 03:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Nov 5 2022, 11:28 PM)
Basically this is how I look like with my gear. Photo from when I was test-riding some Triumph bikes.

Imma gonna get a cam mount, is that stuck on using 3M tape?
alexei
post Nov 8 2022, 08:54 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

Ordered these, hope they arrive soon.

user posted image

40 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:43 PM