Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Modenas/Bajaj Pulsar RS/NS200 and Dominar 400, I'm an Owner and a Foreman, AMA here!!

views

Patent
post Nov 10 2022, 02:42 PM

(⌐■_■)
1,899 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Nov 10 2022, 09:38 AM)
Just to show how much taxes and dealer profits come to play,

In India, the RE Himalayan/Scram is actually sold cheaper than the Dominar. In all intents and purpose, the Dominar is the better bike.

Here the price is double.
damn I wish I can get RE Scram cheaper than dominar ohmy.gif
iambryan1234
post Nov 17 2022, 03:12 AM

15 posts

RE is sold as a premium lifestyle bike here but a huge clusterfuck as a bike lmao no way i'm gonna buy one ever

Even CMC and GPX bikes are built better if anything, and those are bikes that get plenty of minor complaints because the materials used are not as good as expected, especially with the GPX Legend which has a reputation for poor quality chainn even in tomyamland

This post has been edited by iambryan1234: Nov 17 2022, 03:21 AM
lowpro
post Nov 17 2022, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Patent @ Nov 10 2022, 02:42 PM)
damn I wish I can get RE Scram cheaper than dominar  ohmy.gif
Dominar is probably faster too with more horses and torque
jaycee1
post Dec 12 2022, 04:49 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

I have another weird issue crop up on my dominar.

I think its the sidestand switch or clutch switch. Wont let me start the bike in gear. Wont even crank.

A bit annoying especially for a bike that is prone to spontaneously stalling coming to a stop. Previously I would just clutch in a restart even before I come to a stop. Now i have to put the bike in neutral before it will even crank.

The sidestand lights does do off when I put the sidestand up, so I know its working.

Edit. Figured out the problem.

Looks like my clutch cable has stretched that much that even with full lever engagement, it doesn't turn of the starter cut off. Adjusted the cable and it is fine now.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Dec 12 2022, 10:49 PM
ZZR-Pilot
post Dec 12 2022, 08:05 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

I was at GS Cycle's new branch in Setapak today. Lots of used bikes in the showroom.

I spotted a puddle of oil on the shiny showroom floor and wondered which shit bike made this mess. Then I realized there was a Dominar 400 next to it... I rolled my eyes... coz I immediately knew that pool of oil came from its forks (once mine bled themselves dry just sitting in the parking lot for a few months during the pandemic).

These are very special fork seals, the angry fanboys on FB once told me in defence of the bike. My fault for not installing fork gaiters, they said. I was ignorant for not oiling the fork stanchions to make the operation smoother for the seals, they said. I was a lousy owner because I didn't know the seals were specially designed for a bike that had to be ridden constantly, they said.

The memories came flooding back when I saw that puddle in the showroom today... haihh...
iambryan1234
post Dec 13 2022, 11:53 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Dec 12 2022, 08:05 PM)
I was at GS Cycle's new branch in Setapak today. Lots of used bikes in the showroom.

I spotted a puddle of oil on the shiny showroom floor and wondered which shit bike made this mess. Then I realized there was a Dominar 400 next to it... I rolled my eyes... coz I immediately knew that pool of oil came from its forks (once mine bled themselves dry just sitting in the parking lot for a few months during the pandemic).

These are very special fork seals, the angry fanboys on FB once told me in defence of the bike. My fault for not installing fork gaiters, they said. I was ignorant for not oiling the fork stanchions to make the operation smoother for the seals, they said. I was a lousy owner because I didn't know the seals were specially designed for a bike that had to be ridden constantly, they said.

The memories came flooding back when I saw that puddle in the showroom today... haihh...
You really got a QC lemon big time lmao
zarakiken
post Dec 19 2022, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Vi Merkz you open today? Will come to service my NS200 500KM... haha
TSVi Merkz
post Dec 19 2022, 02:35 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(zarakiken @ Dec 19 2022, 01:58 PM)
Vi Merkz you open today? Will come to service my NS200 500KM... haha
ye bro, we open daily, we usually post our off days in FB if we ever have any
zarakiken
post Dec 19 2022, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Also want to ask, is the motor is normal when goes over 90 it is wobbly and feel like its going to slip or not grip???
jaycee1
post Dec 31 2022, 10:05 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(zarakiken @ Dec 19 2022, 11:52 PM)
Also want to ask, is the motor is normal when goes over 90 it is wobbly and feel like its going to slip or not grip???
That's certainly not normal.

But what circumstances or condition that make the bike act like that? Straight line or in a corner? Rough roads? Uneven pavement?

Check your rear tyre is alligned properly. Has the bike been crashed? The frame is straight? The headstock bearings are in good condition? Tyre condition ok with no uneven wear?
jaycee1
post Dec 31 2022, 10:22 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

user posted image

Went to vi for my Dom's 40k service. Didn't do the VC but just standard service. His boys did alright. Pretty knowledgeable on the bajaj bikes. Went there early, worked on the bike on opening. I brought all my parts. (Luckily I did as they didn't have sparkplugs in stock).

Changed spark plugs, air filter, oilflter and oil. Fuel filter and coolant flush done 5 and 10k ago so didn't replace those
Managed to sort out a minor hesitation and stalling on throttle on/off caused by a worn out main spark plug.

Ray wasn't there today but had a good conversation through WhatsApp.

Just a few comments perhaps for future improvements.
The M6 tank cover allen bolts should not be fitted and tightened with a power tool. It's very easy to crosstread them, especially on the 2 front ones near the fork.
Should also provide a complementary check on tyre pressure and chain tension as well, for any service, let alone a major 1.
Bike Got pretty fingerprinty.

None are deal breakers for me. Was going to send the bike to bike wash anyway and I'm more than capable to check my own chain and tyre pressures.

Definately recommend them if you have a bajaj based bike

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Dec 31 2022, 10:26 PM
zarakiken
post Jan 4 2023, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Dec 31 2022, 10:05 PM)
That's certainly not normal.

But what circumstances or condition that make the bike act like that? Straight line or in a corner? Rough roads? Uneven pavement?

Check your rear tyre is alligned properly. Has the bike been crashed? The frame is straight? The headstock bearings are in good condition? Tyre condition ok with no uneven wear?
This is a new bike… when straight cruising at 90kmh, i can feel that i am floating and a bit wobbly… not even 1k km yet arr…
jaycee1
post Jan 4 2023, 10:54 AM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(zarakiken @ Jan 4 2023, 09:37 AM)
This is a new bike… when straight cruising at 90kmh, i can feel that i am floating and a bit wobbly… not even 1k km yet arr…
If that is the case then you might want to take your bike to a shop when you do your first service and have them take a look at it closely, as it is under warranty.

A bike should not feel wobbly at 90 going down a smooth road.

In addition to the things I listed earlier, you might want to also check if your rear static sag and pre-load is set correctly for your weight. If you are too heavy for the current rear pre-load, it might cause a geometry change, unloading the front and causing steering vagueness. Check if your tyres are also properly inflated.

zarakiken
post Jan 15 2023, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Jan 4 2023, 10:54 AM)
If that is the case then you might want to take your bike to a shop when you do your first service and have them take a look at it closely, as it is under warranty.

A bike should not feel wobbly at 90 going down a smooth road.

In addition to the things I listed earlier, you might want to also check if your rear static sag and pre-load is set correctly for your weight. If you are too heavy for the current rear pre-load, it might cause a geometry change, unloading the front and causing steering vagueness. Check if your tyres are also properly inflated.
Yeah found the culprit… not enough air pressure… so now no more… also done some clutch adjustments… now easier to lower and masuk gear… thanks to Jay… really helped a lot… haha
a-y
post Apr 15 2023, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

As a Dominar UG400 owner, I was having flashbacks to my ownership of Duke 390, jeez I thought mine one was a lemon but oh boy @ZZr-Pilot got god damn whole middle east worth of issues.

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Oct 23 2021, 07:14 PM)
I loathe to post this on the usual FB groups coz there are fanboys there who will defend to the hilt every defect on this bike.

For example, my constantly leaking fork seals are said that be my fault because I didn't cough up more money to install fork gaiters, since Modenas Bajaj fork seals are so special & exotic that they cannot stand dust particles. Not a quality problem, ok!

The other defense was that Modenas Bajaj Dominar fork seals are specially made to function when the bike is ridden daily, so if they leak it's my fault for not riding my bike often enough. Not a quality problem, ok!

Retards. They think I'm 16 riding a birthday gift daddy gave me.

Now I have this engine farting problem. The fanboys will definitely accuse me of twisting the throttle wrongly. Not a quality problem, ok!

I hate this Bajaj piece of shit with a passion.

I fail to understand this fanboy mindset, company's do not care about you as an individual, they always look at their bottom line. I care about my pocket, and being a fanboy of anything is the worst thing I can do to my wallet.
As for your experience I wont try to undermine it, but your Dominar seemed to have developed every problem that both KTM and Dominar seems to suffer from.

Leaking Forks-Check
Leaking fuel tank-Check
Leaking Radiator-Check
Instrument cluster fuckup- Check
TPS issues- Check

My Duke 390 had some additional issues such as electrical leakage, speedometer showing "0' as speed, rear shock leaking with in 10k kms, front axel ceasing and countless other issues. And did I learn my lesson never to buy another KTM...NO I went and bought Duke 690R and now Dominar which is based on Duke 390. 690 brought its own set of issues but still less than that of 390. Now my 390 is parked at my office, engine needing a complete rebuilding. replacement of wiring and rear wheel. The number plate is 4 times more expensive than that bike. I dont know what the heck I am going to do with it, I can get more money by selling it as scrap than as a whole.

QUOTE(007SMH @ Oct 23 2021, 08:38 PM)
I guess you're the unlucky guy here who got the faulty one, my dominar's only problem was the rear brake no grippy after twice bleeding and I'm back to usual.
Dominar is essentially Duke390 with a slightly detuned engine and different steel chassis, rest of components are all the same. Dukes had notoriously mushy rear brakes, so does Dominar, I am not even sure if replacing rear master cylinder would improve situation, I rarely use rear braking as my primary but mostly as an aid to front breaking and shifting my weight to font provides better stopping power than relying only on rear.

QUOTE(Vi Merkz @ Oct 24 2021, 11:57 PM)
i noticed some noises from the exhaust. Tbh, not a fan of the "dual exhaust" on a single cylinder, its just unnecessarily weird and over complicating simple mechanics  sweat.gif

Also, i just browsed through my recently acquired DOM4 UG workshop manual, the valve clearance it calls for is pretty big for an engine this size. Which should explain the louder than usual tappet sound.
Do you guys do electrical work as well, I need to install relay for USB power outlet and also route GPS unit power to the battery. If so I will drop by one of these days.

I hate the dual exhaust, it makes single sound even worse. But I am unable to see any good after market full exhaust system for Dominar400, so for now I am stuck with the stock one. Its not like I care about the sound that much as when I am riding I wear ear protection so the ugly clanking sound of a single doesnt disturb me that much but installing a nice sounding exhaust would be nice.

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Nov 21 2021, 07:24 AM)

I got jack shit when I bought my Dominar. They handed me my geran + keys & chased me out in 5 minutes. There was just barely enough fuel in the tank to reach the nearest petrol station! Eang Chun guys didn't even know my name & frankly they didn't care. Now I have to live with a shit bike for another year.
My experience with Eang Chun was slightly better, the bike was prepped and ready the mechanic explained few things to me which I really didnt pay attention to, the sales person was decent to thank me for the purchase and told me to contact him if there are any issues which I knew was nothing but empty talk but still. And yes the bike had so little fuel that I barely made it to the Shell Petrol Station just a km away from their showroom, but that is ok.
My bike is serviced at their shop, I always bring my own oil, the mechanic initially said that they will charge me for the service but at the end he said no need. For all subsequent services I purchase oil filter from them, so no service charges.
They really dont know ABC of Dominar bikes, I usually change my oil well before recommended 5k, the issue is you can not reset the service reminder unless your clock is 400km from required service or passed the recommended 5k interval between services. They couldnt reset the service reminder and told me to go to Subang Service Center, after a bit of reading I figured it out myself.

[
QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Nov 8 2022, 05:52 PM)
D400 is extremely good for that..!! My wife dropped it a shit ton because she never even rode a bike before, I even lost count. My heart oso no pain, in fact I thought the turd finally got the treatment it deserved.

The dinky factory crashbar took my wife's hamfisted handling well surprisingly. Some black spray paint later, it was enough for me to pawn it off for RM9000 at GS Cycle. It buggered off to some clueless fella a month later.
GS Cycle actually bought that one from you for 9k, I find it very hard to believe because those folks offered 12k to a friend of mine selling BMW f800 just around MCO time. You also confirmed another suspicion of mine about GS Cycles, they cant inspect bikes for shit. A year or two back I went to purchase a bike with them, the price seemed decent bike had low mileage. Once I started physical inspection found issue after issue, but Crème de la crème of all issues there was a wasp nest smack under the seat where the rear forks meets the suspension. I turned the bike on, and every time I would rev the engine up all lights on instrument cluster would light up and bike would turn off. Now I knew the issue, as few of my friends did face same issue in that model, so as they were scrambling to find the issue I told them to check rectifier and right in front of me they put a label on it "Rosak" and moved on. To this day that bike is still at that show room. I lost all faith in their ability to sell you a bike that is properly inspected.

Sorry I went on a tangent there but it was something your story reminded me of. Dude I went through all your posts, and oh boy owning that Dominar was painful. You still showed a lot of patience with Dominar Service center folks, I went there once and I never want to go there again. You went through an ordeal while owning that bike.

Jason
post Apr 17 2023, 06:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

I really like the Duke 390v2 on paper.. the way it looks and the package.

But man, the stories you guys share on the Dominar UG is terrifying.

I remembered when the Duke 390 first launched there was hype. Then I assume when the reliability issues came reared its head the hype died down.

The v2 didn’t get much fanfare, even less so you can get its cousin the D400 for almost a third of the price.

This post has been edited by Jason: Apr 17 2023, 06:34 PM
jaycee1
post Apr 18 2023, 09:37 AM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Apr 17 2023, 06:34 PM)

The v2 didn’t get much fanfare, even less so you can get its cousin the D400 for almost a third of the price.
Lol. Ride it back to back and you'd see why the Duke costs more than the dominar. They are not the same thing, especially the Dom v1. The UG gets a little closer but still way different.

The feel, ride, fueling , power delivery and handling of the duke is much more entertaining. Responses are much quicker and is more tossable owning to its much more aggressive geometry.

The duke is the athletic cousin to the couch potato dominar.

Taken in isolation, the dominar is a decent bike, handles quite well for what it is, cheap..but a Duke 390 (or z250, mt25...etc) it is not.

Jason
post Apr 18 2023, 09:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Apr 18 2023, 09:37 AM)
Lol. Ride it back to back and you'd see why the Duke costs more than the dominar. They are not the same thing, especially the Dom v1. The UG gets a little closer but still way different.

The feel, ride, fueling , power delivery and handling of the duke is much more entertaining. Responses are much quicker and is more tossable owning to its much more aggressive geometry.

The duke is the athletic cousin to the couch potato dominar.

Taken in isolation, the dominar is a decent bike, handles quite well for what it is, cheap..but a Duke 390 (or z250, mt25...etc) it is not.
That’s the thing
Paying D400 UG price for a sack of potatoes also damn upset

Imagine paying Duke 390 price and get a sack of athletic potatoes. 😂

Any owners feedback on it?
zarakiken
post Apr 25 2023, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Apr 18 2023, 09:33 PM)
That’s the thing
Paying D400 UG price for a sack of potatoes also damn upset

Imagine paying Duke 390 price and get a sack of athletic potatoes. 😂

Any owners feedback on it?
I think D400 still ok for the budget unless you go for secondhand bikes.

I been following a few youtubers that uses D400... macam not much issue la...
zarakiken
post Apr 25 2023, 05:47 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Nah... hahaha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDZJfEYGNA

11 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:06 PM