52 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Netflix malaysia, current favourite TV show /movie

views

ray148
post Jul 4 2021, 11:22 AM

Casual
445 posts

Fear Street 1994 is pretty good. Starts out abit too cheesy and the usual teenagers crap, but after around 20+ minutes mark it becomes non-stop thrilling chase.
Highly recommended.

Can't wait for Part 2 next week.

This post has been edited by ray148: Jul 4 2021, 11:23 AM
6so
post Jul 5 2021, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

As far as I can understand, there are few genre within the Gundam franchises. There are those adolescent themed robot cartoons to matured war thriller themed. This is the latter one. Don't go in expecting wall to wall robot fights but more of character driven plotlines. It's still from perspective of two factions fighting each other. One kinda working in the shadow while earth federation still at ruling earth with bureaucracy of corruption. There are only two robot fights and they are depicted from ground level. Very much like the first Godzilla movie where you get to experience trails of destruction left by the behemoth. It's something you don't usually seen in Gundam. I did enjoy it very much but knowing Gundam series it will veer off to mumbo jumbo new type vs old humanity as always. Enjoy it while it last.
greyshadow
post Jul 8 2021, 11:52 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jul 5 2021, 12:45 PM)

As far as I can understand, there are few genre within the Gundam franchises. There are those adolescent themed robot cartoons to matured war thriller themed. This is the latter one. Don't go in expecting wall to wall robot fights but more of character driven plotlines. It's still from perspective of two factions fighting each other. One kinda working in the shadow while earth federation still at ruling earth with bureaucracy of corruption. There are only two robot fights and they are depicted from ground level. Very much like the first Godzilla movie where you get to experience trails of destruction left by the behemoth. It's something you don't usually seen in Gundam. I did enjoy it very much but knowing Gundam series it will veer off to mumbo jumbo new type vs old humanity as always. Enjoy it while it last.
it's the UC timeline gundam, which most of the stories and plots are more matured and "adult" oriented

I would strongly recommend anyone to watch the previous UC's Gundam series in advance to understand the world, the past history and the lore leading to this Hathaway
all Gundam I, II, III, and Char's Counterattack are released recently in Netflix as well

if you got time, I recommended the Gundam Unicorn series as well, just a short 7 episodes, which is the story shortly after Char's Counterattack, but it doesn't relate much with the Hathaway

salimbest83
post Jul 9 2021, 04:32 PM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jul 8 2021, 11:52 AM)
it's the UC timeline gundam, which most of the stories and plots are more matured and "adult" oriented

I would strongly recommend anyone to watch the previous UC's Gundam series in advance to understand the world, the past history and the lore leading to this Hathaway
all Gundam I, II, III, and Char's Counterattack are released recently in Netflix as well

if you got time, I recommended the Gundam Unicorn series as well, just a short 7 episodes, which is the story shortly after Char's Counterattack, but it doesn't relate much with the Hathaway
i kinda love the full metal panic. eventho just got time to watch few episode
skylinelover
post Jul 13 2021, 08:44 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(ray148 @ Jul 4 2021, 11:22 AM)
Fear Street 1994 is pretty good. Starts out abit too cheesy and the usual teenagers crap, but after around 20+ minutes mark it becomes non-stop thrilling chase.
Highly recommended.

Can't wait for Part 2 next week.
So how is it? Reviewing soon?

Dont forget part 3 1666 next week.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
ray148
post Jul 13 2021, 09:05 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jul 13 2021, 08:44 PM)
So how is it? Reviewing soon?

Dont forget part 3 1666 next week.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Urghhh...Part 2 is terrible. Characters are a bunch of unlikable little shits, the kills are basic and boring and it took way too long for something to happen. And the egregious use of licensed music is seriously off putting this time around.

Really hope Part 3 will be better. At the very least it won't feature pop culture songs so that should be an upgrade.
kagamistar
post Jul 17 2021, 08:07 PM

On my way
574 posts

how i wish netflix has more jdoramas...
yo_yo
post Jul 17 2021, 09:01 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(kagamistar @ Jul 17 2021, 08:07 PM)
i know right. but now people prefer kdrama over jdrama. that's why.
skylinelover
post Jul 19 2021, 03:44 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(yo_yo @ Jul 17 2021, 09:01 PM)
just same like why pocky snack losing big to lotte stick in our 7/11 stores laugh.gif laugh.gif

something korea offers suddenly wiped out entire 40 years of japanese importing in2 malaysia
hybr1d3d
post Jul 19 2021, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jul 5 2021, 12:45 PM)

There is a lot of details I love about this film.

Example the opening scene in Hauzen flight:
It shows how luxury space travel is like (how drink in the glass and toilet design are made for space flight).

Some attention the production made which least talked about.

And the City of Davao, Philipines, the Jollibee reminds me about my trip to PH !!

And look at this comparison:
Reddit - Gundam Hathaway Davao City Real life comparison

(P/S: the Lounge of the airport does have some similarity to KLIA1's MAS Golden Satelite Lounge)

And I don't think this trilogy will end like what you expected (if they followed the novel faithfully, the ending is pretty depressing)

This post has been edited by hybr1d3d: Jul 19 2021, 05:47 PM
yo_yo
post Jul 21 2021, 06:51 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jul 19 2021, 03:44 PM)
just same like why pocky snack losing big to lotte stick in our 7/11 stores laugh.gif laugh.gif

something korea offers suddenly wiped out entire 40 years of japanese importing in2 malaysia
can't blame kdrama for wiping jdrama. kdrama has good quality too and handsome actors. storyline is interesting.
RokXIII
post Jul 21 2021, 11:25 PM

C'est la vie, Chérie
1,632 posts

checking if anyone wants to share his/her netflix premium account? im looking for 1 slot.
kagamistar
post Jul 23 2021, 09:38 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(yo_yo @ Jul 17 2021, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jul 19 2021, 03:44 PM)

i miss jdorama.. sometimes the episodes are about 12-15 episodes, 50minutes for each ep then done.
6so
post Jul 24 2021, 09:02 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Basically this standalone movie is to flesh out Ashin the character that planted in season 2 cliffhanger finale. She's the next big villain. It's engaging but not mind blowing and fans of Kingdom will have an idea where season 3 will go.
6so
post Jul 24 2021, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Don't watch the full trailer so you don't need to know more than you should. It's gory, twisty and intense throughout. It's not just thrilling violence but some affecting emotional scenes of the mother and son. A good double feature to go with Ashin of The North to satisfy your horror movie fix.
sonicbull
post Aug 15 2021, 02:49 PM

On my way
503 posts

Have you watched erased, I'm home, BG: personal bodyguard, Alice in borderland, million yen woman, border, naked director, crisis and many more
sonicbull
post Aug 16 2021, 04:58 PM

On my way
503 posts

Cobra Kai is fun to watch. If you like stranger things, you'll like it, throwback to 80s

Can see generation gap explored here. Fight scenes are not realistic but choreography is good

Story, flow, characters, bullying, parenthood and good old miyagi life code
kagamistar
post Aug 17 2021, 07:46 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Aug 15 2021, 02:49 PM)
Have you watched erased, I'm home, BG: personal bodyguard, Alice in borderland, million yen woman, border, naked director, crisis and many more
Yes hahha. I have watched most of the jdoramas.
skylinelover
post Aug 17 2021, 09:11 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Aug 16 2021, 04:58 PM)
Cobra Kai is fun to watch. If you like stranger things, you'll like it, throwback to 80s

Can see generation gap explored here. Fight scenes are not realistic but choreography is good

Story, flow, characters, bullying, parenthood and good old miyagi life code
Haha cant wait season 4 laugh.gif rclxm9.gif
sonicbull
post Aug 17 2021, 11:40 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(kagamistar @ Aug 17 2021, 07:46 PM)
Yes hahha. I have watched most of the jdoramas.
What about the japanese doctor show, many seasons. I don't dare touch. I watched the actress in another series , as lawyer. Fun to watch

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Aug 17 2021, 09:11 PM)
Haha cant wait season 4 laugh.gif rclxm9.gif
I'm watching season 1. Kinda conflicted about cobra Kai since they were the bad guys in the karate kid.

That's what the show is trying to portray, nobody is perfect and has their own issues. Characters exposure and development, including side characters

52 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:16 PM