52 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Netflix malaysia, current favourite TV show /movie

views

Khuan0813
post Feb 11 2020, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Feb 11 2020, 01:58 PM)
Plenty lately laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Thank you.
greyshadow
post Feb 11 2020, 03:22 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

Ragnarok
One of the rare non-english series coming out from Europe, in this case Land of Vikings, Norway.
Based on Norse mythology (obviously), mortals, gods, "monsters", and the Jotunns conflicts in a remote sleepy town.
There are plenty of hints in the series, although the names aren't called out directly, you can see who's who from the myth, Thor, Loki, Odin, Jotuns & etc...
It's not bad, not the best either, but OK nevertheless
S1 ended in a cliff hanger, damn I hated that... but can't wait for S2 wink.gif

This post has been edited by greyshadow: Feb 11 2020, 03:23 PM
skystrike
post Feb 14 2020, 11:12 AM

back to normal
1,270 posts

narcos mexico s2 just out yesterday biggrin.gif
ray148
post Feb 14 2020, 11:41 AM

Casual
445 posts

Unbelievable
Wow...this is a damn good miniseries. I know alot of people listed this as one of the best tv series of 2019, but it still managed to exceed my expectation.
Love the way it deals with the nitty gritty side of a rape case. It feels grounded and at the same time compelling.
All the cast are also amazing in this, especially Toni Collette, Merritt Wever and Kaitlyn Dever.
Watch it. It is a required viewing.

This post has been edited by ray148: Feb 15 2020, 11:37 PM
asamalikum
post Feb 14 2020, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Feb 6 2020, 03:46 PM)
Locke & Key dropping tomorrow. If you like the show, do seek out the comic books. It's one of the best horror with Stand By Me hooks. People will compare this to Stranger Things to a degree but it's creation came much more earlier.
another kids genre? whats up with netflix recently casting some big hit shows with kids.......
6so
post Feb 15 2020, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

3 episodes in, Narcos Mexico S2 still a compelling watch.
TSKenYoung
post Feb 15 2020, 10:37 PM

On my way
661 posts

hi guys sorry for going missing for some time...

thanks all for keeping this thread alive!

I have updated all based on u guys recommendations and have also improved the 1st page format - if any suggestions or feedback pls feel free to share. Thanks!

Tonight will pick up some recently mentioned titles to watch.. Finally can adjust and allow myself to watch some stuffs!

Add on: I'll be indicating which r mini series, next, maybe 2moro

This post has been edited by KenYoung: Feb 16 2020, 04:52 AM
greyshadow
post Feb 18 2020, 04:01 PM

1,826 posts

Don't forget the Netflix original docuseries/documentaries

Most if not all are pretty high quality and very very informative

Pandemic to give you more insight on the flu outbreak
Rotten will make you think twice about something that we have taken for granted all this while
greyshadow
post Feb 19 2020, 11:16 AM

1,826 posts

October Faction
This is another good example of albeit having a good source material (great comic), but the execution falls flat, face down in a pile of shits

Production value was pretty low for Netflix standard, some CGI was horribly done, and feels very cheap, story was everywhere, plot execution is pretty bad. Seriously, don't waste your time on this crappy series.

I only go look for the comic after finishing it, the comic is waaaaaay better than this crap

defaultname365
post Feb 19 2020, 02:50 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Miss Americana

Watch this the day it was released awhile back, here's my take on it;

Fan of Taylor Swift? This is an absolute must watch. Having been a follower/fan since her debut album, this documentary is a journey from her beginnings to her epic 2019 album.

You will see and hear what you probably never thought possible from her point of view (her political stand, reasoning for her 1 year absence from the spotlight, crazy fandom, the awards, her insecurities, parents support, and the origin of some of her recent songs). You will get to see how she felt away from the media after the whole Kanye fiasco. Though I've been a long time fan of hers, I don't keep tabs on her relationship stats but here, it was touched upon and was quite poignant to see how she dealt with the criticism (which culminates to her current status as private).

I think this has to be one of the best documentaries I've seen, and it never felt 'boring' or 'bland'. It's a constant revelation. At the end what I took away from this, is that for someone as huge of an artist like her, she seem to be the same person growing up albeit with a name that will forever be etched in the music industry.

9.5/10

This made me want to watch her Reputation Stadium Tour again with a different perspective.
6so
post Feb 20 2020, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Narcos Mexico S2 - Still the gripping drug cartel drama. Suppose if Netflix to greenlight next season, Amado is the new kingpin and then follows by Chapo.

Locke & Key - They got right about the concept but scale back on the gritty horror aspects. The books way more graphic and dark with the human dramas. This is the PG13 version of source material but enough of enticement of what makes those keys interesting in the first place. Good but not great.

Almost forgotten about this. Hope it's something to look forward to.
ongonglai89
post Feb 20 2020, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

Locke & Key - Supernatural & Horror

9/10

This post has been edited by ongonglai89: Feb 20 2020, 01:48 PM
skylinelover
post Feb 21 2020, 09:50 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:50 PM)
Miss Americana

Watch this the day it was released awhile back, here's my take on it;

Fan of Taylor Swift? This is an absolute must watch. Having been a follower/fan since her debut album, this documentary is a journey from her beginnings to her epic 2019 album.

You will see and hear what you probably never thought possible from her point of view (her political stand, reasoning for her 1 year absence from the spotlight, crazy fandom, the awards, her insecurities, parents support, and the origin of some of her recent songs). You will get to see how she felt away from the media after the whole Kanye fiasco. Though I've been a long time fan of hers, I don't keep tabs on her relationship stats but here, it was touched upon and was quite poignant to see how she dealt with the criticism (which culminates to her current status as private).

I think this has to be one of the best documentaries I've seen, and it never felt 'boring' or 'bland'. It's a constant revelation. At the end what I took away from this, is that for someone as huge of an artist like her, she seem to be the same person growing up albeit with a name that will forever be etched in the music industry.

9.5/10

This made me want to watch her Reputation Stadium Tour again with a different perspective.
Haha nice laugh.gif rclxms.gif

I am glad Billie Eilish never gets the same stage horror in 2020 Grammys laugh.gif icon_idea.gif

I will say 2020s is her time 2 shine bright

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Feb 21 2020, 09:50 AM
sonicbull
post Feb 24 2020, 10:00 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(Khuan0813 @ Feb 11 2020, 09:26 AM)
Is there any latest Korean dramas in Netflix? Got English/Chinese subtitle or not? The drama is 720p or 1080p if I watch by using a smartphone?
Itaewon class is good

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Feb 19 2020, 11:16 AM)
October Faction
This is another good example of albeit having a good source material (great comic), but the execution falls flat, face down in a pile of shits

Production value was pretty low for Netflix standard, some CGI was horribly done, and feels very cheap, story was everywhere, plot execution is pretty bad.  Seriously, don't waste your time on this crappy series.

I only go look for the comic after finishing it, the comic is waaaaaay better than this crap
I watched only one ep

QUOTE(ongonglai89 @ Feb 20 2020, 01:48 PM)
Locke & Key  - Supernatural & Horror

9/10
Into 2nd ep
Khuan0813
post Feb 25 2020, 03:46 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Feb 24 2020, 10:00 PM)
Itaewon class is good
I watched only one ep
Into 2nd ep
Yes, already episode 8 this week.

Besides this, Romantic Dr Kim 2 ( episode 15 ), Tell Me What You Saw ( episode 8 ) and Hi Bye, Mama ( episode 2 ) also good Korean dramas for recently.
Khuan0813
post Feb 25 2020, 05:31 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Feb 24 2020, 10:00 PM)
Itaewon class is good
I watched only one ep
Into 2nd ep
Due to the virus spread in Korea, the upcoming episodes for the dramas may postpone for some time.
skylinelover
post Feb 25 2020, 07:26 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Khuan0813 @ Feb 25 2020, 05:31 AM)
Due to the virus spread in Korea, the upcoming episodes for the dramas may postpone for some time.
Awww shucks

First was china movies now K episodes

Deng laugh.gif rclxub.gif

Was suppose 2 catch Jackie Vanguard in CNY but end up no releases at all
Khuan0813
post Feb 25 2020, 08:36 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Feb 25 2020, 07:26 AM)
Awww shucks

First was china movies now K episodes

Deng laugh.gif rclxub.gif

Was suppose 2 catch Jackie Vanguard in CNY but end up no releases at all
China movies should not be affected because they already take the movies one or two years ago, some of them three years ago.

They do not release the movies just because less people are going to buy tickets to watch the movies.

Unlike China movies and dramas, Korean dramas and movies are taken one or two months before the films release.
ongonglai89
post Feb 25 2020, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - 8.5/10

Story of witches family
ray148
post Feb 25 2020, 04:14 PM

Casual
445 posts

Oh shi--...Better Call Saul season 5 just started. rclxm9.gif

52 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top