Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 10 ] ** [32.26%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 5 ] ** [16.13%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 16 ] ** [51.61%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSCalvin871989
post Apr 20 2019, 12:26 PM, updated 7 months ago

Im Batman
1,231 posts

user posted image

V3 finally after 7-8 years... sweat.gif

This thread is a continuation from My Movie Review Thread V2 : https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1708926

V1 : https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/545132

Please follow format below when posting movie review. Thank you. thumbup.gif

Movie tittle and year

Review

Rating

example,

The Dark Knight (2008)

I love the dark knight movie.

8/10

---

edit poll question : Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do you think instant reviews online reduce the value of cinema?

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Apr 20 2019, 12:34 PM
Mov_freak
post Apr 20 2019, 01:23 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Dumbo (2019)

Cannot remember the last time I watched a Tim Burton movie.

Also cannot remember the last time I watched a Colin Farrell movie.

I cannot believe Disney allowed this movie to be made and I am getting ahead of myself.

Disney is releasing THREE live action movies, based on this animation feature, this, The Lion King and Aladdin... Will wonders never cease.

Back to Dumbo.

The script is wonderful. Note that it is NOT verbatim to the animation feature script and have to add, I much prefer this live action feature script. Hands down. (I still missed the talking rat though... tongue.gif)

There has always be a whimsical element to Tim Burton's films and this movie is very enhanced by this.

Tim Burton is also a very loyal director.

What do I mean?

Just look at the cast, Michael Keaton, Danny Devito and I believe if Michelle Pfiefer is a tad younger, he would have also cast her and here is where I segway to Eva Green.

I have never liked her work. Here, I absolutely love her!!! Just the right tad of.... Eva Green!! laugh.gif

And the C.G.I. Dumbo, all I can say is awwwwwww.....

Going back to the comment of "I cannot believe Disney" above, let's just say Michael Keaton reminds me of Walt Disney. Enuff said... tongue.gif

I give this movie, an 8/10

My Two Sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: May 9 2019, 10:47 PM
skylinelover
post Apr 21 2019, 07:51 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Apr 20 2019, 01:23 PM)
Dumbo (2019)

Cannot remember the last time I wants a Tim Burton movie.

Also cannot remember the last time I watched a Colin Farrell movie.

I cannot believe Disney allowed this movie to be made and I am getting ahead of myself.

Disney is releasing THREE live action movies, based on this animation feature, this, The Lion King and Aladdin... Will wonders never cease.

Back to Dumbo.

The script is wonderful. Note that it is NOT verbatim to the animation feature script and have to add, I much prefer this live action feature script. Hands down. (I still missed the talking rat though... tongue.gif)

There has always be a whimsical element to Tim Burton's films and this movie is very enhanced by this.

Tim Burton is also a very loyal director.

What do I mean?

Just look at the cast, Michael Keaton, Danny Devito and I believe if Michelle Pfiefer is a tad younger, he would have also cast her and here is where I segway to Eva Green.

I have never liked her work. Here, I absolutely love her!!! Just the right tad of.... Eva Green!! laugh.gif

And the C.G.I. Dumbo, all I can say is awwwwwww.....

Going back to the comment of "I cannot believe Disney" above, let's just say Michael Keaton reminds me of Walt Disney. Enuff said... tongue.gif

I give this movie, an 8/10

My Two Sen.
Haha looks like only Disney can make remake great again laugh.gif rclxms.gif
lleihuan
post Apr 22 2019, 04:18 PM

Casual
379 posts

Arctic (2019)
Writers -Joe Penna, Ryan Morrison.
Director - Joe Penna
Stars - Mads Mikkelsen, Maria Thelma Smáradóttir

Overgard(Mads Mikkelsen), alone in the
arctic wilderness after a plane crash
some time ago. We learn very little of
character There is no back story or
how the plane crash.

We have seen this survival story many
times before or recently.

This one captures the viewer’s mind. As we
watch him go through his day. Maintaining
a huge SOS sign in the ice, times for
fishing, transmit an electronic beacon via
hand-crank and a pilgrimage to a burial site.
He lost someone there.
He has a wristwatch, informing him every time
he needs to change tasks.

When a helicopter attempts to rescue him goes
down in a wind storm.
The crash kills the pilot and badly wounding
a young woman (Maria Thelma Smaradottir)

Overgard's internal struggle is whether or not
to leave the woman behind.
This is the heart of the film and the source
of its emotional climax.
And we asks whether he is better off
alone or with someone else.

Mikkelsen’s performance is superb even though
he does not speak often.

Attached Image
Mov_freak
post Apr 25 2019, 12:56 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Well, the hottest cinema ticket in town is... THIS!!

How is it?

Good!

I give is an 8/10.

If you are still interest to read on, so be it.

This is a good movie.

This is a BIG movie

Almost every characters that had appeared in any of the previous Marvel movie, appears here.

Mind boggling, I know.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

There is a danger here though.

Anyone who expect that this movie, is going to be action pack from start to finish, will be very disappointed.

The reason?

Character development

Which means, expositions from many a character.

Having said that, anyone who has a problem with Captain Marvel, I can assure you, she is as "MEH" here, as she was in Captain Marvel. laugh.gif

There are a few surprising characters that pop up in this one, that develop their characters more in this movie, and they are very well done.

Yes alot has been made above main characters dropping like flies (Er... they have obliterate half the number of living beings n the last one, right?)

Let me just answer this by saying, 3 main characters have their status permanently changed.

You have been waiting to watch this one.

It really does not matter what I say here.

Just an old fart meandering thoughts/nonsense.

On THAT note, the above is just, My Two Sen.

P.S. there are NO mini slips at the end of end credits.

Please note, NONE.
skylinelover
post Apr 25 2019, 08:48 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Apr 25 2019, 12:56 AM)
Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Well, the hottest cinema ticket in town is... THIS!!

How is it?

Good!

I give is an 8/10.

If you are still interest to read on, so be it.

This is a good movie.

This is a BIG movie

Almost every characters that had appeared in any of the previous Marvel movie, appears here.

Mind boggling, I know.

There is a danger here though.

Anyone who expect that this movie, is going to be action pack from start to finish, will be very disappointed.

The reason?

Character development

Which means, expositions from many a character.

Having said that, anyone who has a problem with Captain Marvel, I can assure you, she is as "MEH" here, as she was in Captain Marvel. laugh.gif

There are a few surprising characters that pop up in this one, that develop their characters more in this movie, and they are very well done.

Yes alot has been made above main characters dropping like flies (Er... they have obliterate half the number of living beings n the last one, right?)

Let me just answer this by saying, 3 main characters have their status permanently changed.

You have been waiting to watch this one.

It really does not matter what I say here.

Just an old fart meandering thoughts/nonsense.

On THAT note, the above is just, My Two Sen.

P.S. there are NO mini slips at the end of end credits.

Please note, NONE.
Haha without credits movie just 2 hr 50 only laugh.gif

I watched and it starts at 4.40 and ended 7.30 laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Apr 25 2019, 08:50 PM
Mickey C
post Apr 26 2019, 07:28 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 25 2019, 08:48 PM)
Haha without credits movie just 2 hr 50 only laugh.gif

I watched and it starts at 4.40 and ended 7.30 laugh.gif
tomorrow i watch endgame, so what is the sound at the end of Avengers: Endgame?.. any clues of that....
skylinelover
post Apr 26 2019, 11:44 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Apr 26 2019, 07:28 PM)
tomorrow i watch endgame, so what is the sound at the end of Avengers: Endgame?.. any clues of that....
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/avengers-...-/1100-6466420/

On post credit sound laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Mickey C
post Apr 27 2019, 12:32 AM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 26 2019, 11:44 PM)
I think I'll wait until the end....
QuickFire
post Apr 27 2019, 01:15 AM

The more you sin the more you win
2,663 posts

Avengers: Endgame

I prefer Infinity War, which I too thought was structured very well, had clear and visible stakes, and an excellent villain. And possibly the best Marvel action set pieces. 

I guess I enjoyed Endgame, but it's a film of three parts that individually never quite succeed -- the first rather downbeat, reflexive hour is quite good and maintains the stakes from IW, but you always know it's a build up to something else...

Overall I enjoyed the movie, but IW was better.

3/5
6so
post May 3 2019, 08:43 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Fighting with my family - Talent and heart won over the "sport" movie cliche.

Stephen Merchant is the main reason for me to take a chance on this rather heart-warming wrestling dramedy cum autobiography of a supposed WWE star. Initially thought this gonna be a silly comedy but the character arc drama took center stage. I have zero inclination in the world of WWE, couldn't be bother with the Rock is in it. On the other hand Nick Frost and Cersei pretty much enough to keep me watching. Dysfunctional family dynamics provide a steady streams of comedy nugget that mirrors the struggling and triumphant messaging. Given, it's your cliche sport movie genre. MVP is Florence Pugh and Jack Lowden able to sell convincingly as the brother and sister. If this pop up on netflix, no harm taking a look at it or you are a fan of the wrestler she's playing. Florence Pugh could be the next big thing as she does have a charismatic screen presence and can be a feisty firecracker. Next she is to appear on Ari Aster's Midsommar and MCU Black Widow.
skylinelover
post May 3 2019, 07:20 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Apr 27 2019, 01:15 AM)

I prefer Infinity War, which I too thought was structured very well, had clear and visible stakes, and an excellent villain. And possibly the best Marvel action set pieces. 

I guess I enjoyed Endgame, but it's a film of three parts that individually never quite succeed -- the first rather downbeat, reflexive hour is quite good and maintains the stakes from IW, but you always know it's a build up to something else...

3/5
Awww sad 2 hear your low grading laugh.gif rclxub.gif
ThalaFan
post May 5 2019, 11:25 AM

1 posts

3/5
Rewatched IW 2 days back. It was well-structured & intense from start till end. Like....the film started with distress signal & ended with distress signal as well...it was THAT much well-structured & essentially a villain's tale. Just as Dark Knight (2008) was abt Joker, IW (2018) was all about Thanos and his quest. Kudos to Russo Brothers

Avengers: Endgame was an emotional farewell & fanservice to Marvel's long-time fans. At least it was the way I see it. I'll never understand contrived arguement on how EndGame Thanos was stronger...when he is essentially just same guy. Maybe cuz he had Infinity Blades (no spoilers, it was shown in trailers man). I viewed both IW & Endgame as 2 major story arcs within Avengers series. From Avengers 2012~Age of Ultron~IW~Endgame, its a huge Infinity Saga lol.
:3mushy:3
post May 5 2019, 12:31 PM

<--~(--+<[o]>+--)~-->
4,567 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ May 5 2019, 11:25 AM)
Avengers: Endgame was an emotional farewell & fanservice to Marvel's long-time fans. At least it was the way I see it. I'll never understand contrived arguement on how EndGame Thanos was stronger...when he is essentially just same guy. Maybe cuz he had Infinity Blades (no spoilers, it was shown in trailers man). I viewed both IW & Endgame as 2 major story arcs within Avengers series. From Avengers 2012~Age of Ultron~IW~Endgame, its a huge Infinity Saga lol.
I agree that 2014-Thanos was the same as then-current Thanos, because they were the same person. Then-current Thanos at EG beginning was weakened by snapping the IG twice, and previously the only person who managed to land a scratch on him after all the heroes used their extravagant abilities on Titan was Iron Man. When he arrived in Wakanda and just put on the Mind Stone, he could still be reeling from the effect and thus Thor with Stormbreaker used the opportunity to hurt him.

2014-Thanos had similar strength, but with much more fury and determination to wipe out the Avengers and destroy earth because of what he learned was incurred to his future self, which he said himself this time was personal. We didn't get to see that fury in IW because he was living the moment for the first time.

To me I don't view IW and EG as two separate movies, but a two parter movie.
tonYe
post May 8 2019, 04:34 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

POKEMON: DETECTIVE PIKACHU (2019)

Review:

Rating: 3 / 5

This post has been edited by tonYe: May 8 2019, 04:38 PM
Mov_freak
post May 9 2019, 05:22 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (2019)

Well, shockingly, some scenes from this movie, actually reminds me of... Blade Runner (1982) (the original ones). The night scene in Ryme City...

Back to the story I have only seen Justice Smith in one movie, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) movie... His acting style, compliments this movie

Ryan Reynold's voice for Pikachu, works.

So does his sense of humor.

My one complain is that I am not sure why Ken Watanabe takes on these nothing roles... And I just remembered Chow Yuan Fatt was in Dragonball: Evolution (2009)....

Overall production is actually good

And the movie is enjoyable.

I am speaking from a point of view of a non Pokémon game player, and I found this enjoyable

Are there elements of the game, from a lay person point of view, yes, and have to add it blends into the movie very naturally.

Great family movie

Actually, just great movie to chill with

Does not take itself too seriously

Treat yourself

Go watch this

My Two Sen
tonYe
post May 10 2019, 12:58 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

BRIGHTBURN (2019)

Review:

6so
post May 10 2019, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

The Wandering Earth - The corniest, jingoistic and goofiest movie on Netflix.

This one has the same scientific inaccuracy as Armageddon. Loud and stupid to the max with over the top shenanigans. The only good thing I can say is this movie quite possibly the first legit sci-fi effort ever done by China. The production design and certain cgi on par with hollywood. Watch this to have a good laugh at the ridiculous premise and how it progress...

Yeah they effing "Dragon Ball" the ending. rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by 6so: May 10 2019, 02:03 PM
6so
post May 11 2019, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Dogman - Great character actor with modest narrative payoff.

Matteo Garrone, the premier Italian director follow-up since Tale of Tales. A kindhearted weakling succumbed to attraction of a brute bully. The toxic relationship pretty much gonna ends on a miserable note. The script divert our empathy towards Marcello who runs a modest pet grooming store. And yet Simone the town's deplorable gangster bully kept using him as doormat. It slowly simmer into a tale of vengeance.

From storyline viewpoint, it's wishy washy as the payoff doesn't remotely felt cathartic enough. For performance, Marcello Fonte is amazing as the weakling protagonist. His earnest interaction with his surroundings is a joy to watch.

This post has been edited by 6so: May 11 2019, 06:59 PM
Mickey C
post May 12 2019, 04:33 PM

On my way
608 posts

3/5
Me too, I think IW was little bit better... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
skylinelover
post May 13 2019, 04:24 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ May 12 2019, 04:33 PM)
Me too, I think IW was little bit better...  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Haha oh well

4 me EG will get oscar nod next laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mov_freak
post May 15 2019, 12:55 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)

Just so everyone is on the same page, Parabellum is Latin for be prepared for war.

The movie is aptly named, if you asked me.

Director Chad Stahelski, what can I say about him?

He was a stunt man in The Matirc (1999) and learnt the art of movie story telling from The Wachowski Brothers.

Not only the art of storytelling (which, based on their last few works, the The Wachowski Brothers/Sisters themsleves had forgotten how to...) also the art of movie universe creation.

Which leads me to John Wick.

The first movie is the hardest.

Why?

You had to create the universe, the characters, the rules and whether the general viewing audience to take to your concepts.

Once that is established, in John Wick 2, they had to expended the movie universe.

Most of you know that sequels rarely work.

If you give the audience what they want (more of part one) they will accuse you of pandering to the masses.

If you change things on they, they will yell sacrilege.

So, as I had said, not easy.

You have to find a middle ground and Chad Stahelski found the middle path for the John Wick 1 & 2.

So how did he fare in the third movie?

In a nutshell, good.

The movie universe is expended yet again.

If you like violence in your movie, boy do I have a movie for you.

Most characters from the previous movies return (except for the beagle.... poor puppy)

Everything here works.

The downside is, to make the action bigger, more explosion etc, the action was not "consistent" from the previous movies (I am talking about the fight style of Keanu), until the third act, and the evolution of John Wick fight style returned, and it was... spectacular.

I have to talk a little about Mark Dacascos here.

I believe he is one of the most underrated martial arts action star out there. He has got the moves, just unfortunately, he had not had luck with movie projects and audience.

Based on skill alone, he should have had a much larger audience base... c'est la vie.

So... did I like this

Yes

Will it be the movie to knock Avenger Endgame out of the No 1 pedestal?

We shall see.

Will they make another John Wick?

My concern would be would Keanu be up to it (he is 56 yo... sweat.gif )?

Everybody grows older.... not younger..

On the special note, My Two Sen
tonYe
post May 15 2019, 11:10 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM (2019)

Review:

Rating: 4.5 / 5
Mickey C
post May 15 2019, 07:55 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ May 15 2019, 11:10 AM)
JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM (2019)

Review:

John Wick: Chapter 3 is awesome... non stop fighting scene.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
tonYe
post May 15 2019, 09:28 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ May 15 2019, 07:55 PM)
John Wick: Chapter 3 is awesome... non stop fighting scene....  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Yeah it's awesome! Best trilogy in recent memory for sure
skylinelover
post May 16 2019, 03:52 PM

5,642 posts

Haha best since die hard trilogy

4th one not my cuppa tea

By the way gore still cannot beat the torture scene in mads mikkelsen POLAR

That one when i on with my family around they feel like want 2 switch off my TV and asked why you like violence 4 the past 30 years doh.gif doh.gif
Mov_freak
post May 16 2019, 10:47 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Brightburn (2019)

There is an interesting turn of event...

We are getting frighten of kids.

Just look at the recent Twilight Zone's episode The Wunderkind (though an argument can be made, the original Twilight Zone did explore this in Season 3 Episode 8 It's a Good Life.

Alot of minor all over the world has done terrible things, so much so that there is a push to prosecute them as adults...

Superman was first published in 1938.

Idealistically, his creators imagine him as a Super Being from outer space.

He is good, kind and has nothing but good intention for other peoples' well being.

When Steven Spielberg did E.T. (1982), he idealistically imagine a friendly visitor from out space that wants nothing but to call home.

Steven Spielberg has since re-make War Of The Worlds (2005) and had given interviews that he is no longer naive enough to believe that if we received visitors from outer space their intentions would be... good.

Well, at least good from our point of view...

Now to this movie.

It is a what-if we are visited by a space baby

What if this space baby has special powers and his world of origins does not have good intention towards this planet.

What if this space baby grows up and discover that he is sent her to take over this world with his special gifts.

Will nature or nurture prevail.

Basically, imagine the Superman Origins and give it a horror twist.

This movie may have begin as an interesting writing exercise and ended up as a script.

I... like it.

It is a BRUTAL movie and is NOT meant for the faint hearted.

You have been warn kiddies

YOU HAVE BEEN WARN.

My Two Sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: May 17 2019, 09:30 AM
Mov_freak
post May 21 2019, 01:00 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

The Hustle (2019)

As... uncouth-ed as Rebel Wilson is, it is THAT very quality of hers, that the movie producers/directors bank on, to attract audiences to see her movies.

Best known for her role in Pitch Perfect's Fat Amy, she is team-upped here with Anne Hathaway who is the stylish and sophisticated one in the team.

Both of them plays con artists, who prey on men. Reliving them of their... well, money really. They started as enemies and ended up as frienemies.

Just when they are about to kill each other, Thomas comes into their lives.

Critics have been harsh to the movie.

I kind of like it.

They chemistry between Anne and Wilson is pretty good.

The surprising wild card here is Alex Sharp as Thomas Westerburg.

If you want a fun, funny and woman will be woman movie, well, look no further...

3/5 star

My Two Sen
lleihuan
post May 23 2019, 09:12 AM

Casual
379 posts

Gloria Bell ( 2019)
Director-Sebastián Lelio
Writer-Sebastián Lelio
Stars-Julianne Moore, John Turturro.

A remake of Lelio's 2013 own Spanish-language
comedy-drama film "Gloria".

Gloria (Julianne Moore) a free-spirited divorcee,
lives alone in a Los Angeles apartment.
A crappy job at a car insurance company just to pays
her bills. She always sings along in her car on the
way to work. Frequently likes to lose herself on the
dance floor. Spends her lonely nights in bars and
looking for guys to dance with.

Her son, Peter (Michael Cera) who has recently become
a father and her daughter, Anne (Caren Pistorius)
whose boyfriend is an extreme surfer.

One night on the singles bar she meets recently divorced
Arnold (John Turturro) an ex-marine who owns a
paintball gun amusement park. He comes at her hard.
She responds, and they soon become a couple.
The two begin a faltering relationship.
Even though he divorced a year ago, remains in thrall
to his ex-wife and demanding daughters.

Julianne Moore gives a brilliant performance.

It is a film about a woman too young to give up
and too old to start over.

Attached Image
tonYe
post May 23 2019, 11:29 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

ALADDIN (2019)

Review:

Rating: 2 / 5

This post has been edited by tonYe: May 23 2019, 11:29 AM
skylinelover
post May 23 2019, 05:07 PM

5,642 posts

Haha disney quick cash out sucks yoh doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: May 23 2019, 05:08 PM
tonYe
post May 23 2019, 08:00 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 23 2019, 05:07 PM)
Haha disney quick cash out sucks yoh doh.gif doh.gif
Yeah. Wrong director and cast. Probably shouldn't even try to remake it at all. Instead, just do a whole new version. But yeah, cash-grab.
Mov_freak
post May 23 2019, 10:36 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Aladdin (2019)

I missed the first 10 minutes

Darn traffic!!!!

I went to 1Utama, TGV Imax, because I believe, image wise, this would be a spectacle.

And I was correct.

It is breathtaking!!!

Thank you Disney, for NOT whitewashing this!!

Let's introduced the two main leads Mena Massoud (age 27) is Aladdin and he is also all eyes and dimples and Naomi Grace Scott (age 26) does Jasmine justice (Is it me or does she remind anyone else of Sarah Michelle Gellar, I mean a young Sarah Michelle Gellar!!).

If there is any powerful movie producer reading this, please please please make another Prince of Persia and cast Mena Massoud. He will make a GREAT Prince of Persia (if one is to believe he did half the stunts in this movie).

Okay, back to this movie. Okay, I caught the tail-end of Arabian Nights songs, so that would give you an idea of where I made it to the Imax Theatre.

Then the One Jump Ahead song happened, and you are immediately sold on Mena Massoud as Aladdin and Naomi Grace Scott as Jasmine.

I was originally concern that Marwan Kenzari as Jafar lack the gravitas of Jonathan Freeman (voice wise). What he lack in term if vocal capabilities, he more than make up for in his actions.

My main concern is the Genie role. How is ANYONE going to replace Robin Williams. I know he only the voiced the role of Genie, but come on, he MADE that role. And if you watch it back he made it enjoyable for the kids and there were alot of hidden jokes for the parents as well (with a nod and wink). Under Guy Ritchie direction, Will Smith did a decent job of the role.

I really don't believe that Mena Massoud was 1yo and Naomi Grace Scott was not even born with the animated feature was first release...

Another observation is that Disney for the pass 10 years, is quietly making this females roles, more independent. And in this, the actually made Jasmine an equal to Aladdin street smarts. Good for you Disney.

I have to say the ending as a little awkward... You will know what I mean when you watch this.

To farther show how diverse this movie it, what better way than to end on a... Bollywood note??? smile.gif

In short, I did enjoy this movie.

There in something for everyone in this family oriented movie.

I give to you, ladies and gentlemen, my two sen.
tonYe
post May 29 2019, 06:44 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019)

Review:

Rating: 3.5 / 5

SPOILER TALK:

This post has been edited by tonYe: Jun 2 2019, 01:01 PM
darkslatemedia P
post Jun 1 2019, 04:34 AM

Probation
0 posts

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Despite the Ratings, “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” Is A Glorious Spectacle of the Titans That Completely Delivers

The gods have listened and the Titans are here. Since it’s announcement back in July 2018, we have been anxiously waiting for the sequel to this Kaiju-filled battle to hit the big screens and as of this week, the Titans are finally free. Godzilla: King of the Monsters sits on its rightful throne dominating the box office grossing over $50 million and will most like reign supreme by the end of the weekend. Directed by Michael Dougherty, whose previous works include Trick R’ Treat and Krampus; the movie is an epic clash between the monsters with a “save the Earth” PSA thrown in there.

THE PROS
Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga and making her feature film debut, Millie Bobby Brown. Last week, we posted an article about what we wanted to see from this new Godzilla movie and in case you missed it, you can check that out here. Based on our expectations, I’m pretty happy to announce that the film does indeed deliver. King of the Monsters is a rare feat in mainstream franchise films where the studios actually listened to its fans. The film is an absolute love letter to the kids at heart that grew up with these kaiju titans and works in service of the fans. There are shots of these massive beasts that look oh-so majestic that would make for an impressive wallpaper collection. And that is a testament to the incredible work that this film has done to give us an experience unlike any other.

The film boasts a masterful sound design by having it open up with Godzilla’s thunderous roar that literally shakes the entire auditorium. These sounds don’t only stop there as throughout it’s runtime, the film constantly reminds us of it’s impressive work — and it most certainly deserves props for that. Unlike it’s predecessor, King of the Monsters puts the titans on full display from the get-go making them have a lot more screen time compared to 2014’s Godzilla. This gave the film a chance to further explore Godzilla’s mythos and expand on his backstory, though not in complete detail, we definitely appreciate the acknowledgement.

Because this film is directed by a filmmaker with a horror background, there are a lot of scenes present within it where you see Dougherty exercising that muscle. The first scene when we’re introduced to the King felt like something straight out of a Jaws film filled with jump scares and rising tension. Generously sprinkled throughout the movie, these cheap but effective scares work in a film like this as there’s really no way to hide these enormous creatures. Apart from the monsters, the human actors were great in this film, Ken Watanabe is particular was brilliant. His performance in King of the Monsters was a vast improvement from the first film as here, Watanabe does indeed get more screen time as opposed from the previous one. And even in this film, he still has the coolest lines.

THE CONS
However like a lot of movies these days, Godzilla: King of the Monsters isn’t perfect. The film does suffer with a few problems that we’re going to have to address — most of it, is in it’s writing. King of the Monsters presented itself as the definitive monster showdown and in all fairness, it does give you that and sadly, only that. The film features 3 new monsters battling with Godzilla and they weren’t properly developed. We see Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah in a scene by scene introduction and suddenly, they’re fighting for dominance. Writing them off to be mere animals then introducing a new mythology that would later regard them as gods don’t really cut it when the film doesn’t show us anything that would make them these original dominant species as it wants us to believe. It would have been great if the film gave us a little backstory to each monster during the introductions so we would understand the motive behind each titan, they’re strengths and weaknesses and so on. This film gives you none of that and when it tries, it essentially breezes through it making it feel as if they were making it up as they go.

The story involving the human characters in this film were also rather convenient. Characters in this film seem to do things that would otherwise be really dumb and the movie just goes with it. This would’ve been fine if the film didn’t centre the entire movie around the humans but they did. There’s also a scene in this film where one of the main characters betrays the team and joins the antagonist’s side to “restore balance” while not being entirely sure if that was even possible. Admittedly this plot is what drive the entire film but one must stop to think for a moment that for someone that is as smart as the person in context, wouldn’t you NOT be doing this? Besides that, the film does feature comic reliefs that overstay their welcome. These characters were literally put into the movie just to blurt random jokes in a scene that one would think twice to even open their mouths. These moments happen quite a bit in the film and does take you out of what would have otherwise been a pretty intense experience.

The final showdown between Godzilla and the titans were dragged on for too long that it was reminiscent of the Transformers movies directed by Michael Bay. The fight scenes were unimaginative, bland and overall just sloppily done. While entertaining for what it’s worth, a majority of the titan battles in this film were essentially style over substance. Plus, the unnecessary use of shaky cam added in digitally did not make the experience any more enjoyable. It would’ve been awesome if the film gave us wide shots of these fight scenes as that at least would’ve made it a little better but given the realistic tone that the film has, I can understand why they did what they did. Either that or they probably ran out of budget.

FINAL VERDICT
Overall, I think Godzilla: King of the Monsters is a great popcorn flick that I recommend you check out at a cinema to witness this incredible spectacle. The film is a celebration of the monsters and one you definitely would not want to miss out on. The movie is a one of a kind fan-drive film that speaks to the people that grew up with these beasts. With this film’s conclusion, we get a glimpse of Skull Island and only hypes us up for the next big showdown in 2020 that is Kong vs. Godzilla.

Rating: 6/10
darkslatemedia P
post Jun 1 2019, 04:36 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ May 23 2019, 11:29 AM)
ALADDIN (2019)

Review:

Hey, just checked out your review and really liked it! Subbed as well!
tonYe
post Jun 1 2019, 09:26 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(darkslatemedia @ Jun 1 2019, 04:36 AM)
Hey, just checked out your review and really liked it! Subbed as well!
Hey bro! Thanks so much! biggrin.gif
Really appreciate it!
QuickFire
post Jun 1 2019, 09:52 PM

2,663 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ May 21 2019, 01:00 AM)
The Hustle (2019)

As... uncouth-ed as Rebel Wilson is, it is THAT very quality of hers, that the movie producers/directors bank on, to attract audiences to see her movies.

Best known for her role in Pitch Perfect's Fat Amy, she is team-upped here with Anne Hathaway who is the stylish and sophisticated one in the team.

Both of them plays con artists, who prey on men. Reliving them of their... well, money really. They started as enemies and ended up as frienemies.

Just when they are about to kill each other, Thomas comes into their lives.

Critics have been harsh to the movie.

I kind of like it.

They chemistry between Anne and Wilson is pretty good.

The surprising wild card here is Alex Sharp as Thomas Westerburg.

If you want a fun, funny and woman will be woman movie, well, look no further...

3/5 star

My Two Sen
How could you like this? There were scenes in this so bad that it deserves to be flushed out of everyone's memory immediately via a lobotomy. Those long-winded sketch scenes about the fat, mentally challenged second sister? Can't remember watching a scene as bad as there in ages.
Mov_freak
post Jun 2 2019, 07:59 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Jun 1 2019, 09:52 PM)
How could you like this? There were scenes in this so bad that it deserves to be flushed out of everyone's memory immediately via a lobotomy. Those long-winded sketch scenes about the fat, mentally challenged second sister? Can't remember watching a scene as bad as there in ages.
hmm.gif

Maybe I am in a weird state of mind at this point in time.

Maybe I had always been in a weird state of mind... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 2 2019, 08:00 PM
6so
post Jun 3 2019, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

The Perfection - The most WTF movie you can watch now on Netflix.

Okay, if you want to melt your brain and curse like a sailor at your TV....this is the perfect movie for you. It harkens back to the early career of Takashi Miike or Sono Sion of bat-shit crazy storytelling. Essentially it's a three mini movies roll into one, first act is a jealousy cum horror bits, then the big twist drop midway to reset what you have just watched as a reasonable explanation to what the hell is going on. Then another twist in the final act where you just lose your shit at what you are watching. For better or worse it's a minimum one time watch for the outrageous plotline.

This post has been edited by 6so: Jun 3 2019, 02:58 PM
Mov_freak
post Jun 4 2019, 09:23 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Honestly... I fell asleep...

I think I fell asleep in the middle of the second act

The story-line is SO convoluted...

Or lack thereof story...

My complain for the first movie (2014) was, Ken Watanabe was in THAT for what?

Well, at least here, he has something to do

The last and inevitable fight between Godzilla and his... nemesis, King Ghidorah was actually worth watching.

And Warner paid homage to the Japaneses culture, by making Godzilla, walking in like a sumo wrestle at the end battle.... laugh.gif

Not sure what else I can add this this...

Oh yes, I can think of something to add. All the leads here at super resistant to radio active.... Can stare straight into nuclear blast and not go blind!!! laugh.gif

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 4 2019, 07:26 PM
lleihuan
post Jun 4 2019, 02:55 PM

Casual
379 posts

The First King -2019 (Il Primo Re)
Director and Producer- Matteo Rovere
Language-Latin –subtitles in English.
Stars-Alessandro Borghi, Alessio Lapice.

The film opens with a phrase.
"A God who can be understood is not a God," wrote
William Somerset Maugham.

Based on the legend of orphan twins, Romulus and Remus.
The twin brothers and shepherds who lived near the
Tiber river. Both embarked on an incredible journey to found
Rome. Romulus is said to have founded Rome in 753 B. C.
after killing his brother.

The difference between Remus and Romulus is that
Remus comes to deny the existence of the gods,
believing it is simply human fear that creates them.
And it is Remus who in the end is alone.

A tragedy to arrive at this terrible choice to lose a brother.
Both were of one body. Destiny is already written.

Attached Image
tonYe
post Jun 5 2019, 03:48 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (2019)

Review:

Rating: 3.5 / 5
Mov_freak
post Jun 7 2019, 01:17 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Dark Phoenix (2019)

Not sure why the took away the "X-Men" from the title.

Maybe something to do with the purchase of Fox by Disney. Please note that this is only my guessing.

Director Simon Kinberg usually produces movies and I believe this is he first feature film as a director.

And to direct something so complex, I am not sure that is the best idea...

I am getting ahead of myself.

If memory serves, they had done a "Dark Phoenix" saga already in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

Not quite sure why they think revisiting it here is necessary...

I have to say, as a "prequel" to the X-Men (2000), it really throws many-a-thing out of loop.

I think Apocalypse started it, and have to add, this really throws a monkey wrench into everything...

I am not sure if it is the script, the editing or something I cannot fathom, James McAvoy's Professor Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender's Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto are so...emotionally unattached to the audience, it is NOT funny.

I am sure they are both professionals to their art, and have to add, one has a feeling they had phoned this one in.

With all the drama, this movie rarely, and I mean RARELY tugs at the audiences' heart string...

So as a "sci-fiction" based movie, alot of the science in this movie makes absolutely NO SENSE.
I still cannot get over how detach the whole ensemble is to their roles and audience... it is flabbergasting...

I really cannot thing of anything else to write...

My Two Sen...
r2t2
post Jun 7 2019, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 7 2019, 01:17 AM)
Dark Phoenix (2019)
Not sure why the took away the "X-Men" from the title.
Maybe becoz the director compared his Dark Phoenix to Nolan's The Dark Knight (the first Batman movie without the name in title?) ... which I guess from the reviews so far, isn't even close? (I haven't watch yet) rolleyes.gif

https://www.lowyat.net/2019/187461/x-men-da...phoenix-review/

But that's only in USA, right? Internationally, still marketed as X-Men: Dark Phoenix ... scared people dunno it's X-Men movie. laugh.gif
Mickey C
post Jun 8 2019, 03:42 PM

On my way
608 posts

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - too many monsters..... rclxub.gif
Dark Phoenix (2019) - very good, maybe i'm X Men fans... rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
Survivor (2015) - not bad after all....
skylinelover
post Jun 15 2019, 09:22 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jun 8 2019, 03:42 PM)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - too many monsters.....  rclxub.gif
Dark Phoenix (2019) - very good, maybe i'm X Men fans...  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif
Survivor (2015) - not bad after all....
I haz sad DP was the mother of all stinker rclxub.gif
6so
post Jun 15 2019, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

I Am Mother - It's OK, not your typical stinker from Netflix.

Watch this to burn up some free time. It's your usual evil robot vs humanity but elevated with good production design and performance. Some attempt to give it a little twist to the formula.
Mov_freak
post Jun 16 2019, 07:28 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Men in Black: International (2019)

sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

Not quite sure if Sony is putting alot of faith in this movie to make their shareholder happy (in terms of return).

I hope not, because it is... in a word, terrible.

Since Thor 3, Chris Hemworth thinks himself a jokester and I am not sure I agree.

The first MIB was fun, and this movie... is not.

The main characters are not engaging or have depth.

The big baddie here is not... surprising.

Nothing "new" is introduce

Everything is predictable...

Why do a "sequel"/reboot movie if you have absolutely nothing new is offer to the audience...

Shame on you Steven Spielberq for doing this

Just because you can get Chinese investment into it (based of past success with the MIB branding), does not mean you should do it.

Really shame on you...

My Two Sen...
6so
post Jun 17 2019, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Captive State - An incomplete movie.

This movie is like a nice packaging with crappy content. Interesting world building, nice production design and even good actors in it. The pacing and structure very problematic. They completely ignore the first act set-up and pivot to a group of characters that you are not invested on. Then the disappointing ending that leaves everything unresolved. You still know nothing about the alien.
defaultname365
post Jun 17 2019, 02:41 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jun 8 2019, 03:42 PM)
Dark Phoenix (2019) - very good, maybe i'm X Men fans...  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif
Good for you... I wouldn't dare spend money watching in cinema something with that kind of reception though.

I'll watch later and see how good is good.

This post has been edited by defaultname365: Jun 17 2019, 02:41 PM
Mickey C
post Jun 17 2019, 07:42 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jun 17 2019, 02:41 PM)
Good for you... I wouldn't dare spend money watching in cinema something with that kind of reception though.

I'll watch later and see how good is good.
Haha,,, well for me Sophie Turner played Phoenix is not quite good, compared with Famke Janssen..... biggrin.gif

Nightcrawler (2014) - A good night's work... solid performance...
6 Days (2017) - Really worth your time (defaultname365), good movie, realistic.... .... haha...
skylinelover
post Jun 18 2019, 06:25 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jun 17 2019, 07:42 PM)
Haha,,, well for me Sophie Turner played Phoenix is not quite good, compared with Famke Janssen.....  biggrin.gif
She also the great Bond girl in Goldeneye laugh.gif
tonYe
post Jun 21 2019, 05:29 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

TOY STORY 4 (2019)

Review:

6so
post Jun 22 2019, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Parasite - Frontrunner of my best movie of the year.

It's the quirky dark comedy that does a sharp tonal shift in the last act. The brilliance is how crafty when the twist happened and the ending gave a great context to the argument of class disparity that prevalent in our society. You simply couldn't predict how it went with the terrifying final act. Song Kang Ho again draw you in with his douchebag/goofy performance. You will laugh at the shenanigans and deeply ingrained by the ending messaging. Bong Joon Ho is at top form and this movie harkens back to The Host of depicting amazing family dynamic. Not sure is this out yet in KL but do not miss out this amazing film.
Mickey C
post Jun 23 2019, 03:41 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jun 18 2019, 06:25 AM)
She also the great Bond girl in Goldeneye laugh.gif
Agree...
skylinelover
post Jun 23 2019, 09:05 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Jun 21 2019, 05:29 PM)
TOY STORY 4 (2019)

Review:

Not bad 4 the new director rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
tonYe
post Jun 24 2019, 09:31 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jun 23 2019, 09:05 PM)
Not bad 4 the new director rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Yeah man. Pixar knows who to place their trust on well biggrin.gif
Kyoyagami
post Jun 24 2019, 09:55 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Rocketman

Truly a spectacle to one of the best based on a true story (or fantasy since Elton prefers that) of a rockstar capturing the highest of highs and the lowest of lows movies I have seen. Ever.

Taron Egerton plays brilliantly as Elton John. And if Rami Malek can get an Oscar, so can Taron. Nuff said.

Probably more amazing is how Elton's songs blends in seamlessly to tell his life story. That's probably the best treat. Also, all the songs are performed by Taron instead with some lyrical changes to suit the story. Which totally works since the man can sing as well.

It's my best movie of 2019, so far.

PS: Had to run to Singapore to watch it last week. Definitely saw some scenes that confirm cannot lepas in Malaysia. XD
6so
post Jun 26 2019, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

The Truth Beneath - It's as demented as Oldboy.

It's a few years old movie. The main selling point is the script co-written by Park Chan Wook. As expected the story is full of twist and turn. Everything is not as it seems on the surface, each passing moment the mystery unravel itself to keep sucking you in. Each red herring deepen the complexity of the puzzle. The conclusion had your brain melted when you find out who is behind all the suffering. The protagonist mother perfectly portrayed by Son Ye Jin who has that crazy range of emotions. It's the closest thing you can find next to Park Chan Wook's Vengeance Trilogy. Also, the graphic scenes pretty much up there.

This post has been edited by 6so: Jun 26 2019, 04:49 PM
Mov_freak
post Jun 27 2019, 02:26 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Child's Play (2019)

Orion... That is one logo one has not seen for a long time at the cinemas...

I love this movie

I have said all the long, if you want to reboot something, have something new to say about it.

Honest;y, I don't think I have ever watch the original Child's Play (1988).

Why? I felt it was.... to tacky. Yes, I understand tacky...

This movie plays on mad science, rather than paranormal.

Chucky is a faulty A.I. robot companion that went cuckoo.

And the way it "learnt" how to be violent, is because it's owner made it watch, horror/slasher movies (behind the owner's mom's back). laugh.gif Anyone here remember the point in time they watched movies they know their parents do not want them to watch??!

I was surprise to find Mark Hamill voicing Chucky (he did great)

So did all the cast member.

Chucky's owner, Andy (played by Gabriel Bateman) (not sure if they are punking Disney) is really good.

You may remember him from Lights Out (2016)

For the completist reading this please do note I notice 2 cuts in this movie (censorship)

Do note that they were neatly done and not the kind that goes... guy is going to kiss the girl, and the next scene, the guys is putting on his shirt, turns his head to see girl sleep on the bed, and than stands up and walk out of the room, kinda horrible cut... laugh.gif

Do also not that this movie is rather... gore. SO be warned.

So, what is the take away for this movie?

Well, ladies and gentleman, I think this is a great horror movie and you should watch it, if it is your cup of tea.

I humbly submit for your light ready...

My Two Sen

Mov_freak
post Jun 27 2019, 02:44 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Annabelle Comes Home (2019)

I watched two psychotic dolls today... Hmmmm... laugh.gif

First thing first, James Wan did not direct this.

Another surprise for me was to discover the real Lorraine Warren passed away this year... R.I.P.

First time director, Gary Dauberman, did a decent job (he co wrote the story too).

He did not fall into the trap of jump scares or make horror movie with the usually scare beats...

I think he work really hard with James Wan and manages to scares the audience though... suspense... and when the audience does not suspect it, the scares happen.

Judy Warren (played by Mckenna Grace) shoulders most of the weight for the movie, and I am not sure she got is down peg..

She did a decent job. Not an excellent job. Hope you understand what I mean.

And surprisingly, this movie actually has several funny bits, that was intentional.

I think what they did not do too well, was this timing.

Too little things happened at the beginning, so it felt a little draggy

And when thinks started to happen, it seem endless...

Not the weakest in the series (I'm looking at you number one)

If you liked the second, you would like this one too.

My Two Sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 29 2019, 07:46 PM
tonYe
post Jun 27 2019, 04:02 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

ANNABELLE COMES HOME (2019)

Review:

lleihuan
post Jun 27 2019, 09:19 AM

Casual
379 posts

Sauvage (2019)
Director-Camille Vidal-Naquet
Stars-Félix Maritaud, Eric Bernard
Release Date- April (Available)
Language-French, with English subtitles.

Leo (Félix Maritaud) is a 22-year-old gay prostitute.
with deteriorating health.Fragile, sensitive, and
lost but generous. Living hand-to-mouth and sells his
body for cash on the outskirts of Strasbourg, Paris
to pay for his addiction. Use crack, coke, meth and
rarely heroine. Leo barely knows how to read.

He doesn’t make his clients shower before sex, and
he’ll kiss on the mouth. Other co-workers are healthier
and better off. Because they have limitations.
With no regular access to washing facilities, he doesn’t shower.
If he’s lucky, a warm place to sleep at night.

Yearning for love, he can’t help but hug the woman doctor who
tends to his wounds.
But he doesn’t seek to be kept and protected when it’s offered
by an attractive older man who hires his services.

Found love with fellow street-savvy bisexual Ahd (Eric Bernard).
Working life on the streets can be dangerous and Ahd is there to
protects him. But he wants him off the streets.
Leo is better off away from him.

A mesmerizing performance from Félix Maritaud.

He just wants to be free to be loved.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Jun 27 2019, 09:23 AM
Mickey C
post Jun 27 2019, 07:54 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 27 2019, 02:44 AM)
Annabelle Comes Home (2019)

Another surprise for me was to discover the real Lorraine Warren passed away this year... R.I.P.

Ya surprise for me too.....

BTW, no post credit for this movie.... hahah...

tonYe
post Jun 28 2019, 02:41 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

YESTERDAY (2019)

Review: Don't remember the last time I'm this pissed off at a movie!

Rating: 1.5 / 5
Human Nature
post Jun 28 2019, 09:40 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
17,964 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Jun 28 2019, 02:41 PM)
YESTERDAY (2019)

Review: Don't remember the last time I'm this pissed off at a movie!

Rating: 1.5 / 5
Wow, that bad? I was looking forward after watching the trailer.
tonYe
post Jun 28 2019, 11:12 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jun 28 2019, 09:40 PM)
Wow, that bad? I was looking forward after watching the trailer.
Yeah I was attracted by the trailer too. The idea is great but it is gone too waste. Turned out to be a super typical, lazy rom-com.
Mov_freak
post Jun 28 2019, 11:47 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jun 27 2019, 07:54 PM)
Ya surprise for me too.....

BTW, no post credit for this movie.... hahah...

GravityFi3ld
post Jun 30 2019, 11:01 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
675 posts

Toy Story 4.0 - Ini Kali La!

Loved it! And definitely better than I anticipated smile.gif

If you haven’t watched, and don’t want to be spoiled- read no further ok? laugh.gif

defaultname365
post Jul 1 2019, 10:37 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

Pet Sematary (2019)

Lack of horror scares, relying mostly on jump scares with a somewhat predictable story. There were just a couple of truly horrifying scenes. Execution/direction wise is pretty decent. The acting performances from the main cast was convincing as well. Heard it is better than the 1989 film, so that's a good thing I guess.

Overall a decent horror flick but nothing too memorable. Worth a watch if you're aching for a horror fix.

At best this is a 6/10.
navysealsniper
post Jul 2 2019, 11:47 PM

44 posts

user posted image

One of the best movie I've watched this year, 9/10 thumbup.gif
Mov_freak
post Jul 3 2019, 04:14 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Spider-man Far From Home (2019)

I vote henceforth to stop using the term, Spider-Senses.

Instead, it will now be known as.... Pete-Tingle...

My Two Sen
Mickey C
post Jul 3 2019, 07:34 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jul 3 2019, 04:14 PM)
Spider-man Far From Home (2019)

I vote henceforth to stop using the term, Spider-Senses.

Instead, it will now be known as.... Pete-Tingle...

My Two Sen
Spider man, good entertainment. Well the first actions scene in this movie and the Avengers Endgame Re Released Post Credit scene is exactly the same... correct me if i was wrong..... thumbup.gif
oucheev
post Jul 5 2019, 03:44 PM

Casual
433 posts

Happy Death Day and Happy Death Day 2

Watched the two movies last night back to back. Originally, I thought it was going to be just another teenage horror slasher movie.

Basically, they took the concept of Groundhog Day and added in elements of horror slasher movie. The sequel explained the reasons for why it is happening by adding more comedy and sci-fi element.

The first movie was a better movie as the concept works better without explaining the reasons why it is happening. The comedic portion are also more natural and more towards darker humor. The second movie was still entertaining in a way but the plot got lost towards the end. There were more comedic portion but less successful compared to the first one. However, the best part was the way the lead actress killed herself repeatedly.

For the first movie I give a rating of 7 out of 10 while the second movie I give a rating of 6 out of 10.

Overall, not a bad way to kill about 3 hours of your time.
skylinelover
post Jul 6 2019, 07:00 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jul 3 2019, 07:34 PM)
Spider man, good entertainment. Well the first actions scene in this movie and the Avengers Endgame Re Released Post Credit scene is exactly the same... correct me if i was wrong.....  thumbup.gif
Haha thks

Decide not 2 go 4 the rerelases then

laugh.gif Already watched the original 4x laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Jul 6 2019, 07:01 AM
6so
post Jul 10 2019, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Crawl - A great B-horror flick.

Was surprised how tight and fun of this under marketed gem. Granted it doesn't have the smartest plot line but intense pacing throughout a very lean 90-mins runtime. Like Dredd, you thought it's a stinker but actually all balls out edge of your seat material. Give this sleeper movie of the year a shot.
6so
post Jul 14 2019, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Polar - Bloody with lotsa skins to show.

Was a fan of Jonas Ackerlund back when he was one of the hotshot MV director. He is head and shoulder with the likes of Tarsem Singh, David Fincher, Mark Romanek, etc.. Would have not watched this if it wasn't directed by him.

As expected, his kinetic visual flair and colourful character design still as commanding as before. Mads Mikkelsen playing the alpha assassin on his last assignment. Without skipping the usual assassin movie trope, a dramatic betrayal is in play and going soft on a girl he met recently. Not the worst Netflix offering with enough action to keep you energized and plentiful of nudity plus violence. Overall this reminded me of Joe Carnahan's Smoking Aces that laced with early 2000s action flavor. Not as cheesy as the 80s era but full on "grunginess" of a decade ago.
Mov_freak
post Jul 14 2019, 11:25 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Crawl (2019)

I absolutely, positively & categorically LOVE this movie.

It has thrills.

It has spills.

It has gore.

Some scenes will make you apprehensive.

Some scenes will leave you at awe, abhor, dread, disgusted, dismayed, panic, loath and terrified.

This is what is odd, you WILL love it too.

In the vein of The Shallows (2016), so if you love that, you will love this here.

Fun Fact (I googled):

Saltwater crocodiles (Crocodylus porosus) are estimated to swim at speeds of up to 15 kilometers. The french swimmer Frédérick Bousquet set world record in the 50 m freestyle with a time of 20.94 seconds (Average of 8.6km)

So, no, humans cannot swim faster than a crocodile.

Even with this boo boo, this movie is one heck of an entertaining movie.

Haley (played by Kaya Scodelario [last seen in Maze Runner]) is really good here.

Dave (played by Barry Pepper [I don't believe I did not get famous from Battlefield Earth (2000)]) is believable too.

I think the only this I would criticize about this movie for is... every character seems to be dealt from... a loaf of white bread??? Please do note that I am joking...

On THAT note, this is only my two sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jul 15 2019, 11:53 AM
6so
post Jul 15 2019, 07:42 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Point Blank- A bygone era of action thriller.

A remake of a french action movie. Remember back in the days when Bruce Willis still putting out decent action flicks, this movie echoes a lot of 16 Blocks. The chemistry between the two leads is tight and the main drive for you to keep watching. As usual high degree of belief suspension requires when comes to this type of movie. It's a lot better than I expected. It has no reason to be decent but it does.
Mov_freak
post Jul 19 2019, 09:00 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Lion King (2019)

Gosh, this is tough for me to write.

I spent lavishly on myself today.

I got myself an Imax 3D ticket to watch this.

Imagely speaking it is spectacular.

Right down to the hair of Simba's chinny chin chin!

Apart from the spectacular imagery, the movie is rather.... Meh!

Seriously, the movie is meh...

When the animation feature was product, the B team was put to work on it?

Why you may ask?

Because A Team was working on their big animation movie Pochahantus....

Lion King shone, because B Team wanted to show the world, what they can do.

This version, from a storyline point of view, had absolutely nothing new to say

Nothing!

So.... Is this an example of remake for the sake of remaking?

Really disappointed by this...

My Two Sen
tonYe
post Jul 20 2019, 04:44 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

THE LION KING (2019)

Review:

ThalaFan
post Jul 20 2019, 04:10 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Jul 20 2019, 04:44 AM)
THE LION KING (2019)

Review:

Very generous rating man. Imma fan of cartoon version, found being bored da heck outta this film

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But this is my share of thoughts.

Felt like watchin natgeo/discovery channel documentary. And wouldnt fault the film...its live-action of frickin LION....whatdya expect? Moving their face muscles, jaws up, down, sideways as in cartoon?

Which raises nothet question. Why bother makin this film? Seriously?.... thank god I watched it online...5 mins max (intro, Mufasa's death, Simba vs Scar climax fight) and felt I've wasted my time....god bless poor souls that endured this film😂😂😂
tonYe
post Jul 20 2019, 05:00 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ Jul 20 2019, 04:10 PM)
Very generous rating man. Imma fan of cartoon version, found being bored da heck outta this film

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But this is my share of thoughts.

Felt like watchin natgeo/discovery channel documentary. And wouldnt fault the film...its live-action of frickin LION....whatdya expect? Moving their face muscles, jaws up, down, sideways as in cartoon?

Which raises nothet question. Why bother makin this film? Seriously?.... thank god I watched it online...5 mins max (intro, Mufasa's death, Simba vs Scar climax fight) and felt I've wasted my time....god bless poor souls that endured this film😂😂😂
There was no point of remaking it this way. I would 100% fault the film. They are talking sentient lions with drama and comedy. Of course they have to have unrealistic facial expression otherwise we are better off watching straight faced animals on NatGeo. It's not live action, it's still animated just not hand drawn. However I did not hate the film as much as Aladdin, BnB and Cinderella so I gave it a slightly higher rating than them 😅
skylinelover
post Jul 21 2019, 09:33 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jul 14 2019, 02:37 PM)
Polar - Bloody with lotsa skins to show.

Was a fan of Jonas Ackerlund back when he was one of the hotshot MV director. He is head and shoulder with the likes of Tarsem Singh, David Fincher, Mark Romanek, etc.. Would have not watched this if it wasn't directed by him.

As expected, his kinetic visual flair and colourful character design still as commanding as before. Mads Mikkelsen playing the alpha assassin on his last assignment. Without skipping the usual assassin movie trope, a dramatic betrayal is in play and going soft on a girl he met recently. Not the worst Netflix offering with enough action to keep you energized and plentiful of nudity plus violence. Overall this reminded me of Joe Carnahan's Smoking Aces that laced with early 2000s action flavor. Not as cheesy as the 80s era but full on "grunginess" of a decade ago.
He is bad guy in Casino Royale

laugh.gif Best since Licence to Kill rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Jul 21 2019, 09:33 AM
lleihuan
post Jul 21 2019, 12:46 PM

Casual
379 posts

Fast Color (2019-science fiction Drama)
Release Date -April ( Available)
Director-Julia Hart
Stars: Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Lorraine Toussaint, David Strathairn

Set in the American Midwest, in the dystopian near future.The Earth
is in severe drought and water is expensive and rationed.

Ruth(Gugu Mbatha-Raw), a woman on the run and being pursued by
Bill (Christopher Denham) the government authorities that want
access to her power.

She processes extraordinary power, an energy source
(like Storm from X-men). At the start, she has no control
and can cause devastating earthquake and gave her seizures.

Personal difficulties led to estrangement from her family,
a young daughter Lila (Saniyya Sidney)and her mother, Bo (Lorraine Toussaint).

And she goes home to find some answers...

This is a movie about recovery, healing, and redemption.
There’s no fancy CGI or final showdown with the big bad.
A tight 110-minute runtime.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Jul 21 2019, 01:12 PM
Mickey C
post Jul 26 2019, 04:52 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jul 14 2019, 11:25 PM)
Crawl (2019)

I absolutely, positively & categorically LOVE this movie.

It has thrills.

It has spills.

It has gore.

Some scenes will make you apprehensive.

Some scenes will leave you at awe, abhor, dread, disgusted, dismayed, panic, loath and terrified.

This is what is odd, you WILL love it too.

I love this movie too.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Mickey C: Jul 26 2019, 04:52 PM
Mov_freak
post Jul 26 2019, 10:20 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Jul 26 2019, 04:52 PM)
I love this movie too....  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
nomozeyafe P
post Jul 28 2019, 04:59 PM

Probation
3 posts

Crawl is such an under-rated movie!
cooldude17
post Jul 28 2019, 08:36 PM

Casual
336 posts

Rocketman is so touching that I shed my manly tears. Although I am not a big fan of Elton John , this movie really good for portraying him.

Taron Edgerton can act , sing and dance, I wonder what are the things he cannot do. He deserve an Oscar nomination for this role.
skylinelover
post Jul 29 2019, 02:15 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(cooldude17 @ Jul 28 2019, 08:36 PM)
Rocketman is so touching that I shed my manly tears. Although I am not a big fan of Elton John , this movie really good for portraying him.

Taron Edgerton can act , sing and dance, I wonder what are the things he cannot do. He deserve an Oscar nomination for this role.
Hope they be frontrunner for next year like bohemian rhapsody this year
cooldude17
post Jul 29 2019, 04:41 PM

Casual
336 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jul 29 2019, 02:15 PM)
Hope they be frontrunner for next year like bohemian rhapsody this year
Do you think Taron is too young to win Oscar presume he got a nomination for best actor?
lleihuan
post Jul 30 2019, 03:46 PM

Casual
379 posts

Share (2019)
Release Date- 27 July (Available)
Director- Pippa Bianco(Euphoria-1 episode)
Writer - Pippa Bianco
Stars - Rhianne Barreto(Hanna), Charlie Plummer, Poorna Jagannathan.

Based on Bianco’s 2015 award-winning short of the same name.

Mandy(Rhianne Barreto) 16-year-old wakes up on her front lawn
with no memory of what transpired after a night out partying
with friends.

As she goes inside to take a shower, she saw bruises on her arms.
Mandy realizes that something terrible has happened to her.
She starts receiving texts from friends about a viral video of
a girl passed out on a bathroom floor who seems to be her.

Mandy wishes that this would all go away so that her life can
go back to normal. But her parents escalate the situation
further by taking the video to the police.

The movie questions what exactly happened to Mandy that night
and also acknowledges that the act of going to the police makes
Mandy’s life harder. It shows the complicated humanity of the
people who victimize her.

And we follow the minutiae of Mandy’s life after the incident.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Jul 30 2019, 04:02 PM
tonYe
post Jul 30 2019, 04:28 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

LATE NIGHT (2019)

Review:

Rating: 4 / 5
ThalaFan
post Jul 31 2019, 01:52 PM

1 posts

Catched Hobbs & Shaw😎

Such a fun film.
lleihuan
post Aug 6 2019, 03:48 PM

Casual
379 posts

Wild Rose (2019)
Release Date - June 2 (Available)
Director: Tom Harper
Stars: Jessie Buckley (Chernobyl), Julie Walters

20-something Rose-Lynn (Buckley)an aspiring Scottish country
singer who was recently released from prison on a drug charge.

Rose-Lynn’s dreams of only one thing, singing country music
and becoming a Nashville star. Her dreams clash with the difficulty
of her family life, her two young children who've been without their
mother for so long.

Her mother Marion (Julie Walters) has been caring for her
two young children while she spent a year in prison.
She later gets a job cleaning the home of well-off Susannah (Sophie Okonedo)
who takes an interest in her music and wants to help her along.

Rose-Lynn struggles to figure out who she wants to be.
We see her pull herself together to make good on the promise of her talent.

Wild Rose is a film worth seeing. It is touching and all-around wonderful
performance from Buckley.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Aug 6 2019, 03:52 PM
skylinelover
post Aug 7 2019, 11:52 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ Jul 31 2019, 01:52 PM)
Catched Hobbs & Shaw😎

Such a fun film.
Make F&F better than F&F with vin around laugh.gif laugh.gif
ThalaFan
post Aug 7 2019, 02:44 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Aug 7 2019, 11:52 AM)
Make F&F better than F&F with vin around laugh.gif laugh.gif
Vin/Torette is the heart of F&F along with Paul/Brian & Mia

Rock came on-board with Fast5 after Vin came across a fans post comment on want to watch him & Rock on-screen. Granted

Deckard 1st official debut was post-credit scene of Furious 6

Everythin involving Deckard in Furious 7 was legendary.

To think a spin-off featuring 2 bald headed badasses who fought Torette/Vin at some point would be such a fun ride

I heard the director said there's gonna be Hobbs & Shaw franchise. Wouldnt be suprised if Rock & Statham miss-out on a couple of F&F films with "family"

Tyrese as usual would😑😑😑
6so
post Aug 8 2019, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hobbs & Shaw - The dumb just got dumber.
This franchise has reached the inept moronic plot line and action noise of Bayformer. It is as comparable to an episode of GI Joe pandering to its own audacity. The action thrills can only carry your investment in the characters until they veer off into repetition and whatever justify the next action set-piece. The only good thing about H&S is not even H&S, Princess Margaret is the mvp. Her debut almost as good as Ilsa Faust in MI. Well another disposable sequel that I don't care by tomorrow.
lleihuan
post Aug 11 2019, 01:38 PM

Casual
379 posts

Light of My Life (2019)
Release Date -August (Available)
Writer-Director - Casey Affleck
Stars - Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea ),
Anna Pniowsky, Elisabeth Moss.

The world has been hit by a killer plague that has wiped
out womankind. And women are a scarcity and are a commodity
to be stolen and kidnapped.

A father, Caleb Shaw (Affleck) and his eleven daughter
Rag (Anna Pniowsky) constantly moving around and trying
to go unnoticed, finding deserted locations to camp in
the woods.
To keep Rag out of harm’s way, Caleb dresses Rag up
like a boy. But her femininity is beginning to become
obvious despite her clothing and short hair.

We will see how the father prepared Rag for the world
that disfavors her gender.
And we cannot turn away from the reality that in a world
where there are conflicts, women are the most vulnerable.

A loving relationship between a father and daughter.

Affleck directs this movie with much delicate touch.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Aug 11 2019, 02:56 PM
Mickey C
post Aug 13 2019, 12:08 PM

On my way
608 posts

American Assassin (2017) - biggrin.gif
Halloween (2018) - Shocking, horrific... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
The First Purge (2018) - maybe right now HK people need this garbage, horrible movie....
A Dog's Journey (2019) - unconditional love.......
Happy Death Day 2U (2019) - haha,, enjoyed it... well connected with the 1st movie...
Peppermint (2018) - Jennifer Garner is awesome, i always love her acting.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Sky on fire (2016) - very fake.... doh.gif

This post has been edited by Mickey C: Aug 18 2019, 07:59 PM
Mov_freak
post Aug 15 2019, 12:43 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Okay, please do note that after the bad after taste call Lion King, I actually stayed away from the cinemas, until yesterday, and I had chosen to watch this movie, because I know for a fact, that I do not have to think, I just had to go with the flow.

And I found myself... entertained...

So, paint me surprise?

I am neither a die hard fan Dwayne Johnson nor Jason Statham.

I am just not.

Hence my early statement of going with the flow.

So, how it the movie, really?

Well, Vanessa Kirby is kinda growing on me.

She started the movie off, and you kinda view the movie from her point of view (not always, but you do revisit her P.O.V.)

So, in short this is an "odd couple" (Dwayne and Jason) movie with Vanessa Kirby thrown in...

Am I making sense.

The first two acts of this movie actually good.

The third act... Let me put it this way, at the beginning of the movie Vanessa Kirby is all kinds of, I am a strong, tough and independent woman. Hear me roar!!! Third act, not so much. And oh you have the helicopter scene as well... Sigh

If they had tweaked the third act a bit, this movie could have been fantastic.

What it is, a entertainment movie a viewer enjoys whilst they are in the cinema, and will not think much of, after the experience.

Having said that, at least I wasn't queasy like I was after the Lion King.

On that note, the above is just,

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Aug 15 2019, 02:56 PM
skylinelover
post Aug 15 2019, 10:16 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Aug 15 2019, 12:43 PM)
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Okay, please do note that after the bad after taste call Lion King, I actually stayed away from the cinemas, until yesterday, and I had chosen to watch this movie, because I know for a fact, that I do not have to think, I just had to go with the flow.

And I found myself... entertained...

So, paint me surprise?

I am neither a die hard fan Dwayne Johnson nor Jason Statham.

I am just not.

Hence my early statement of going with the flow.

So, how it the movie, really?

Well, Vanessa Kirby is kinda growing on me.

She started the movie off, and you kinda view the movie from her point of view (not always, but you do revisit her P.O.V.)

So, in short this is an "odd couple" (Dwayne and Jason) movie with Vanessa Kirby thrown in...

Am I making sense.

The first two acts of this movie actually good.

The third act... Let me put it this way, at the beginning of the movie Vanessa Kirby is all kinds of, I am a strong, tough and independent woman. Hear me roar!!! Third act, not so much. And oh you have the helicopter scene as well... Sigh

If they had tweaked the third act a bit, this movie could have been fantastic.

What it is, a entertainment movie a viewer enjoys whilst they are in the cinema, and will not think much of, after the experience.

Having said that, at least I wasn't queasy like I was after the Lion King.

On that note, the above is just,

My Two Sen
I watched 4x in 2 weeks laugh.gif

1x SD mode 1x IMAX 1x 4dx 1x mx4d laugh.gif
Mov_freak
post Aug 16 2019, 10:09 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Aug 15 2019, 10:16 PM)
I watched 4x in 2 weeks laugh.gif

1x SD mode 1x IMAX 1x 4dx 1x mx4d laugh.gif
Wah.... So rich..... flex.gif
QuickFire
post Aug 19 2019, 12:06 AM

2,663 posts

Parasite.

Glorious from Bong Joon Ho. I enjoyed his last two English-speaking film, but this where he shines. It's all staged and executed so resplendently, so diabolical yet so fun. It's not his best (The Host, Mother, and Memories of Murder vie for that) but nothing else at the cinemas match this at the moment.

4/5

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I love Tarantino movies. All of them. Except Death Proof. I've seen that once ages ago, and recall it as 80 mins of trash talk that wasn't very interesting. It would have been crap were not for the damn good car chase at the end. OUATIH has that beat as his worst movie. Aimless, listless , with a miscast DiCaprio... This was an outright bore. Terrible ending, too, but no more than what came before. It's astounding that Tarantino made this movie. Equally astounding is how critics love it just because it's Tarantino.

1.5/5
Mov_freak
post Aug 21 2019, 09:28 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Tolkien (2019)

Does ever film need to me a Michael Bay movie?

No.

Interestingly, has anyone seen a Michael Bay movie recently?

Definitely no for me.

This movie blindsided me.

It has a modest budget (20 million) and did not do much at the US box office (7 million).

Being a movie English production, I am not surprise.

It is very... what is that word I am looking for... lyrical, but in a image sense... I am not sure I am getting this through.

This movie attempts to tell the life story of J. R. R. Tolkien.

From his childhood, early tragedies, to him and his brother having to grown up very quickly, leaving everything they know and then having to live at a boarding house.

He and his brother were put under the care of a catholic priest and can only go to university if they get a scholarship.

It is a slow moving movie.

It tells his live through his fellowship of T.C.B.S. (Tea Club and Barrovian Society) and how the later stories that he would write is inspired by his life (friends, school, War World I)

I thought this was beautifully cast, written and directed.

The box office suggest otherwise.

C'est La Vie

My Two Sen
Mov_freak
post Aug 21 2019, 09:33 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Aug 19 2019, 12:06 AM)
Parasite.

Glorious from Bong Joon Ho. I enjoyed his last two English-speaking film, but this where he shines. It's all staged and executed so resplendently, so diabolical yet so fun. It's not his best (The Host, Mother, and Memories of Murder vie for that) but nothing else at the cinemas match this at the moment.

4/5

I love Tarantino movies. All of them. Except Death Proof. I've seen that once ages ago, and recall it as 80 mins of trash talk that wasn't very interesting. It would have been crap were not for the damn good car chase at the end. OUATIH has that beat as his worst movie. Aimless, listless , with a miscast DiCaprio... This was an outright bore. Terrible ending, too, but no more than what came before. It's astounding that Tarantino made this movie. Equally astounding is how critics love it just because it's Tarantino.

1.5/5
Who would have thunk, we both agree on Death Proof.

Will wait for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on home media. Thank you very much for the headsup.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Aug 21 2019, 10:28 AM
Mickey C
post Aug 21 2019, 07:02 PM

On my way
608 posts

Angel Has Fallen (2019) - the drones attack scenes was amazing...... rclxms.gif good action good entertainment....
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) - This spiderman is awesome.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Priceless (2016) - inspired by true events..... biggrin.gif
Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie (2015) - Animated sci fi... not bad but I preferred to watch Appleseed..

This post has been edited by Mickey C: Sep 1 2019, 09:55 PM
6so
post Aug 22 2019, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Ready or Not - Bloody dark comedy.

Like Crawl, this is another hidden gem that are not getting huge marketing push. As a matter of fact, it's a damn fun movie. Went in with zero expectation but thoroughly surprised. It's a full package of debauchery and effing hilarious moments. It's up there with the earlier stuff of Edgar Wright. The Margot Robbie look-a-like is amazing and pretty sure casting agents will come knocking her door right now. A superb supporting character roster that are memorable. Don't miss out on this highly enjoyable movie.
Mickey C
post Aug 25 2019, 10:52 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Aug 22 2019, 07:54 AM)
Ready or Not - Bloody dark comedy.

Thanks, my kind of movie... I'll watch it some day...
lleihuan
post Aug 26 2019, 09:21 AM

Casual
379 posts

The Third Wife (2019-Available-internet)
Director and Screenwriter- Ash Mayfair
Language- Vietnamese with English Subtitles
Stars- Nguyen Phuong Tra My, Mai Thu Huong Maya, Long Le Vu

Vietnamese-born Ash Mayfair, tells the story of her great-grandmother’s
arranged marriage at the age of 13 to a wealthy middle-aged landowner.

Set in the late 19th century rural Vietnam. 14-year-old May (Nguyen Phuong Tra My)
being delivered by ceremonial canoe to her new home. Forced to grow up fast as she
becomes the youngest of three mistresses to wealthy older Hung (Long Le Vu)
Waiting alongside her soon-to-be husband is first wife, Ha (Tran Nu Yên-Khê),
and sexually frank second wife, Xuan (Mai Thu Huong Maya)

Young and innocent, she quickly aware of the wifely responsibility. To get pregnant
and that giving birth to a boy will secure her in Hung's favor.
She’s barely sure what to expect as a mother.
Her purpose a means to fulfill her husband’s needs.

May spends free time with Xuan’s daughters, Lien(Lam Thanh My) who are closer
to her age than the older wives.

The two wives consider May a little sister, helping her through womanhood and
motherhood but there is still biological competition over who will produce the
second male heir first.

Then there is Ha's adult son(Nguyen Thanh Tam) is having an affair with the second
wife free-spirited, Xuan.
And secretive affair be hers as well?

Most of all, the cost of innocence and to be born a girl in a broken world of arranged
marriages and polygamy. A teenager with very few options available in her life.

The Third Wife is sensuously beautiful.
This one is for film-goers who are fans of arthouse.

Attached Image
lleihuan
post Sep 1 2019, 02:08 PM

Casual
379 posts

Angel of Mine (2019)
Release Date- 30 August(Available)
Director- Kim Farrant
Stars-Noomi Rapace (Alien: Covenant),
Yvonne Strahovski (The Handmaid’s Tale)

A remake of the 2008 French film L’Empreinte de L’Ang.
Set in Melbourne, single mom Lizzie (Noomi Rapace)
is in an emotional shambles, on the verge of a breakdown
since her infant daughter died in a hospital fire
several years ago.

Lizzie isn’t coping with her life and is in a
custody battle with her ex-husband Mike (Luke Evans)
over their young son Thomas (Finn Little).

Her mind intensifies when she meets a married couple,
Claire(Yvonne Strahovski) and their 7-year-old daughter,
Lola (Annika Whiteley)
Lizzie becomes convinced that Lola is the child she
considered to be lost as she appears to bears a physical
resemblance.

The twists and turns that lead to the conclusion........

A plainly shot film.
And despite the material is not the best to work with,
Rapace and Strahovski give their all, excellent performances.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Sep 1 2019, 02:18 PM
skylinelover
post Sep 2 2019, 01:48 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Aug 19 2019, 12:06 AM)
Parasite.

4/5

1.5/5
QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Aug 21 2019, 09:33 AM)
Who would have thunk, we both agree on Death Proof.

Will wait for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on home media.  Thank you very much for the headsup.
So h8ful 8 still better? laugh.gif hmm.gif
Mov_freak
post Sep 2 2019, 02:18 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Sep 2 2019, 01:48 PM)
So h8ful 8 still better? laugh.gif hmm.gif
I, waiting for home media... tongue.gif

I did like Hateful 8

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Sep 2 2019, 02:18 PM
tonYe
post Sep 4 2019, 10:25 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

IT CHAPTER TWO (2019)

Review:

Rating: 2.5 / 5

This post has been edited by tonYe: Sep 4 2019, 10:26 PM
Mov_freak
post Sep 6 2019, 12:34 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

It Chapter Two (2019)

It is no secret, I liked the 2017 IT.

Casting, Sets and direction were spot on!

So, how does the second one fare?

Well, casting is great. Apart from Bill (James McAvoy), the other adult casts do look like their younger counterpart.

James Ransone really capture his younger counterpart mannerism. Kudos

The direction and cinematography started great. Shots were well planned and followed on well with what was done in the first movie.

Story-wise... it suffers a little.

And I blame the source material.

This movie suffers the same issue I had with the book.

The cutting back and forth between the past and present, made the flow of the movie a little clunky at times.

I am also not sure if they shot the kids bits during the first episode, because they look the same as when they were in the first movie (eg. kids grow up so quickly)

I did guess Richie Tozier's secret and I have to admit, I got the subject wrong.... Am I making sense?

So, overall, great movie.

Would have been better if there are more scary.

As per usual, the above is my two sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Sep 7 2019, 09:52 AM
6so
post Sep 7 2019, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Anna - So-so spy thriller.

Hollywood buried this release as Luc Besson embroiled in #metoo allegation. Initially thought this is your mindless Jane Wick action flick, but they spice up the spy craft element in a more grounded reality. You have clashing of execution where hyper action scenarios weigh down by bureaucratic politics. As usual blatant double, triple betrayal derails the entire movie. The lead actress not bad but the movie on a whole, not so. It's not any different from Atomic Blonde.
Good Boys - Small boys dropping f-bombs.

Think this is the second comedy modelled after Superbad this year. On a whole pretty funny with enough drive to keep watching. Substance is a bit lacking but it does its job to keep you engage. Booksmart is a better movie than this as it does a better job at portraying character growth and coming of age theme.

skylinelover
post Sep 8 2019, 09:08 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Sep 7 2019, 08:33 AM)
Anna - So-so spy thriller.

Hollywood buried this release as Luc Besson embroiled in #metoo allegation. Initially thought this is your mindless Jane Wick action flick, but they spice up the spy craft element in a more grounded reality. You have clashing of execution where hyper action scenarios weigh down by bureaucratic politics. As usual blatant double, triple betrayal derails the entire movie. The lead actress not bad but the movie on a whole, not so. It's not any different from Atomic Blonde.
Haha Nikita still better than this

Anna Parilaud is the bomb hahahaha
yoyo_icecube
post Sep 8 2019, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Sep 7 2019, 08:33 AM)
Good Boys - Small boys dropping f-bombs.

Think this is the second comedy modelled after Superbad this year. On a whole pretty funny with enough drive to keep watching. Substance is a bit lacking but it does its job to keep you engage. Booksmart is a better movie than this as it does a better job at portraying character growth and coming of age theme.
This look interesting. Its something i like to see.

Yesterday i watch a bollywood movie.

Its from the director of Dangal, so i go watch it. For me its a good friendship story and its touching, sad (i cried a bit) and mostly funny. But it’s quite predictable... no.. its very predictable. However i still enjoy it. And as a bollywood fan, the songs are below my expectations evethough the same producer and lyricists work for this movie. 3 idiots and dangal had better upbeat songs..

If anyone want to give it a try, there are only few selected cinema that have this. Try to sit at the front row (mine was J line).. there are alot of hindi speaking people around me yesterday, and they were very loud. 😩

This post has been edited by yoyo_icecube: Sep 8 2019, 09:28 AM
Mickey C
post Sep 9 2019, 02:07 PM

On my way
608 posts

Iceman: The Time Traveller (2018) - lousy movie
War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) - thumbsup.gif
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018) - thumbup.gif
6so
post Sep 22 2019, 06:24 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Ad Astra - Big setting, small storyline.
A very Terrence Mallick-ish movie about "the sins of the father" theme. While everyone drew comparison to Interstellar, for me this is Solaris meets Apocalypse Now with a dash of Tree of Life. There are some gorgeous space cinematography with one of those brooding acting of Brad Pitt to keep the narrative intact. It may not cement its position as one of the finest, bare minimum a one time watch if you can sit through the slow burn and the resolution of inner demon being explored in the storyline. Good but not great.
skylinelover
post Sep 22 2019, 02:42 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Sep 4 2019, 10:25 PM)
IT CHAPTER TWO (2019)

Review:

Haha ouch laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mov_freak
post Sep 26 2019, 11:17 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)

I LOVE THIS MOVIE TO BITS!!

Here is why

1) Guillermo del Toro wrote some of the screenplay (YEAH!!!)

2) Director, André Øvredal did a really good job.

3) In the first 5 minutes, most of the main characters were introduced in one shot. Masterful

4) With a budget of USD 25,000,000 (pittance, by Hollywood standard) they managed to do alot. Nothing about this movie, feels "cheap"

5) The cast is GREAT.

6) Main story is very involving!!

7) Sets are really convincing (Story takes place in the 60s... Set designer Patricia Larman did good).

What gave me the "huh"????

Gil Bellows is reduced to playing... Chief Turner??!

Why so little back story for the short stories?? Don't get me wrong, they are spooky (one FREAKED me out, SO BAD!!). I just think they would be more impact-ful, if there were a little more back story to them. Okay they have a dash of familiarity about them and then you go, "did THAT just happened"?

Also I am not sure if this is the intention

All in all, one of my favorite horror movie for 2019.

Are you planning to watch it, if you do, please leave a comment

Above is just, My Two Sen.
tonYe
post Sep 26 2019, 11:44 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

NE ZHA (2019)

Review:

Rating: 4 / 5
tonYe
post Sep 27 2019, 11:31 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

JOKER (2019)

Review:

myroy
post Sep 28 2019, 12:30 AM

BIG BOSS
857 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Sep 27 2019, 11:31 PM)
JOKER (2019)

Review:

why you didt like it?
ThalaFan
post Sep 28 2019, 12:49 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(myroy @ Sep 28 2019, 12:30 AM)
why you didt like it?
He already explained it in that review itself bro. Play the video
Mov_freak
post Sep 29 2019, 11:20 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Ne Zha (2019)

An absolute joy.

This is an absolutely beautiful job.

I have been critical of Chinese Production.

My criticism had been, China has a VERY rich story material (Myth/Folklore) and they have not been very successful in adapting the said material for modern cinema.

I have always felt that the reason this was so, is because they tried to hard, to do thing like the west do (eg too influence by Western cinema, that they tried to be very western).

I've always felt that if they made the said material, to movies they like to see for themselves, this would improve.

This movie is VERY Chinese, and is adapted from Chinese Myth.

Yes, alot of artistic license had been taken (in term of the source material) and looking at the end result, I think that this daring-ness from a script point of view, work and the end result is a absolutely a great animation to behold.

This is the first Chinese Animation I had watch in the cinema (well, I lie, I have seen Chinese hand-drawn animation before, but will not reveal which, because I would be at danger of revealing my age...)

So, I can quite confidently say this is the first CGI Chinese animation I have watched at the cinema.

And I am sure glad I did.

They got the script right.

The got the voice talents right.

Animation is very well done.

Based on what I have seen, there seems to be a setup for part 2, and I am all for THAT, if they can maintain this level of quality.

Kudos to

Coco Cartoon (as Horgos Kekedou Cartoon)
Horgos Coloroom Pictures (co-presented by) (as Horgos Coloroom Pictures Co., Ltd.)
October Media (co-presented by) (as Horgos Shiyue Wenhua Chuanmei)

Keep this up.

I can honestly say that I actually enjoy this much better then the first Kung Fu Panda.

I kid you not

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Sep 30 2019, 09:12 AM
lleihuan
post Oct 6 2019, 02:16 PM

Casual
379 posts

The Parts You Lose (2019)
Release Date- 4 October (Available)
Director- Christopher Cantwell
Writer- Darren Lemke
Stars- Aaron Paul, Danny Murphy, Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Ten-year-old Wesley(Danny Murphy) does not have a comfortable life and is
constantly getting bullied at school. He is not totally deaf
but needs sign language to communicate.

He is much happier at home with his mother (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)
and younger sister. He loves his mother.

Wesley's abusive dad (Scott McNairy) returns home after
long stretches at a time. He refuses to learn sign language
to help the boy to communicate with him.

When Wesley stumbles across a wounded fugitive (Aaron Paul)
lying in the snow on his way home from school, he slowly
nurses him back to health in their unused barn.

They strike up a wary relationship until...

With limited material for the 3 leads to work with,
still a strong performance from Mary Elizabeth Winstead,
Danny Murphy and Aaron Paul.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by lleihuan: Oct 6 2019, 02:26 PM
Mov_freak
post Oct 6 2019, 07:45 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

The Joker (2019)

Eichmann in Jerusalem

Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil is a 1963 book by political theorist Hannah Arendt. Arendt, a Jew who fled Germany during Adolf Hitler's rise to power, reported on Adolf Eichmann's trial for The New Yorker. A revised and enlarged edition was published in 1964.

Overview
Arendt's subtitle famously introduced the phrase "the banality of evil," which also serves as the final words of the book. In part, at least, the phrase refers to Eichmann's deportment at the trial as the man displayed neither guilt for his actions nor hatred for those trying him, claiming he bore no responsibility because he was simply "doing his job"

(Excerpt from Wikipedia)

I know, it is strange, to do a excerpt from Wikipedia to describe a movie, and for the life of me, it is the best way, I can think of, to, describe this movie...

I am not sure, if Warner Bros know what they have, here, in this movie.

This is 2019's A Clockwork Orange (1971). It is THAT definitive...

It is Dark.

It is Intense.

This is a far cry Joker, compared with what Jared Leto's attempt at the role.

There is NOTHING comic book about this.

Joaquin Phoenix, not quite sure how to state this, of you know the song, Everybody Hurts, you will know what I mean.

He has known pain and suffering in his life. I am NOT a Joaquin Phoenix expert, and have to add, I do know what he was with River Phoenix when he O.D. and died. Maybe that is what he was channeling when he took on this role.

It is breathtaking...

There are so many maybes in this movie
This is a really excellent and difficult movie to sit through, it is THAT dark.

It is almost unfathomable that the director of The Hangover (2009) did this. It further proves that humor and horror do have similar beats..

The cherry on top, Robert De Niro.

This movie, you need to experience for yourself.

I humble submit to you, my two sen.
skylinelover
post Oct 7 2019, 01:25 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Oct 6 2019, 07:45 PM)
The Joker (2019)
I know, it is strange, to do a excerpt from Wikipedia to describe a movie, and for the life of me, it is the best way, I can think of, to, describe this movie...

I am not sure, if Warner Bros know what they have, here, in this movie.

This is 2019's A Clockwork Orange (1971). It is THAT definitive...

It is Dark.

It is Intense.

This is a far cry Joker, compared with what Jared Leto's attempt at the role.

There is NOTHING comic book about this.

Joaquin Phoenix, not quite sure how to state this, of you know the song, Everybody Hurts, you will know what I mean.

He has known pain and suffering in his life. I am NOT a Joaquin Phoenix expert, and have to add, I do know what he was with River Phoenix when he O.D. and died. Maybe that is what he was channeling when he took on this role.

It is breathtaking...

There are so many maybes in this movie
This is a really excellent and difficult movie to sit through, it is THAT dark.

It is almost unfathomable that the director of The Hangover (2009) did this. It further proves that humor and horror do have similar beats..

The cherry on top, Robert De Niro.

This movie, you need to experience for yourself.

I humble submit to you, my two sen.
may king JP and king RDN nods the oscars nomination laugh.gif rclxms.gif

both great screen legends in 2 different generations notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Oct 7 2019, 01:33 PM
skylinelover
post Oct 9 2019, 01:52 PM

5,642 posts

Gemini Man

Haha fresh prince goes double impact

If yall dont know my double impact reference i was referring 2 the classic JCVD plays double which no CGI used that time

With Ang Lee i just call this the action version of life of pi laugh.gif laugh.gif

My gawd the CGI fresh prince is so real even the expressive scene is real

Then good old Clive Owen as the bad guy is great which i still wish he should involve in bond soon being mr bond himself or being the bad guy because he got the chops surely

Still this triple cheese i would recommend if yall want a moment of escapism and guilty pleasure

John Woo meets Double Impact with a touch of Life of Pi laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mov_freak
post Oct 17 2019, 07:40 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Gemini Man (2019)

Supposedly, this movie had been in development hell for a loooooog time.

And as far as I am concern, it should have stayed there.

It is shocking to see Ang Lee and Will Smith being associated to this "clunker".

Will Smith seems to have running issue with Asian descend directors (After Earth anyone?)

I watched this in a normal cinema, so cannot comment about the HFR 3D viewing experience (is there any cinema doing that in Malaysia?)

Tough even in the normal cinema, some shots of young Will Smith range from very convincing to really off...

The script is really REALLY bad.

And have to add, that is absolutely amazing that director at the caliber of Ang Lee and actor Will Smith did not recognised that.

Not sure what else I can add to the above.

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Oct 17 2019, 12:13 PM
6so
post Oct 18 2019, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

The Art of Self-Defense - Napoleon Dynamite with Karate.

If you are ok with deadpan delivery and lo-fi look, there's enough enjoyable materials and off-beat storyline to anchor everything together. While the dojo quirky antics pretty much provide comedy values but it got dark during the third act. Immogen Poots and J Eisenberg gave enjoyable performance.
skylinelover
post Oct 18 2019, 03:06 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Oct 17 2019, 07:40 AM)
Gemini Man (2019)

Supposedly, this movie had been in development hell for a loooooog time.

And as far as I am concern, it should have stayed there.

It is shocking to see Ang Lee and Will Smith being associated to this "clunker".

Will Smith seems to have running issue with Asian descend directors (After Earth anyone?)

I watched this in a normal cinema, so cannot comment about the HFR 3D viewing experience (is there any cinema doing that in Malaysia?)

Tough even in the normal cinema, some shots of young Will Smith range from very convincing to really off...

The script is really REALLY bad.

And have to add, that is absolutely amazing that director at the caliber of Ang Lee and actor Will Smith did not recognised that.

Not sure what else I can add to the above.

My Two Sen
Haha

I skipping Disney this week for T6 3D next week😆😄🖐👋
6so
post Oct 19 2019, 07:29 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

The Laundromat - Playful but weak pay-off.

It's Steven Sorderberg attempt at "Big Shot-esque" spin on the Panama Papers. While it's enjoyable to watch Gary Oldman and Antonio Banderas giving larger than life portrayals of the corrupted mastermind. It didn't delve any deeper into the scams they are running. It's all very surface level. The three side stories to illustrate the damaging effect of the crime felt uneventful and disjointed. It's so-so only.
Mov_freak
post Oct 25 2019, 01:05 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

So...

Imagine this.

You are standing in front of the cinema.

Holding your hard earn cash...

Your movies choices are Gemini Man and Terminator: Dark Fate.

Which should you choose....

My advise to you is, Terminator: Dark Fate.

Why?

Of the two, it is definitely, more involving, more entertaining, more action pack, and is directly connected with Terminator 1 & 2...

Is it PERFECT?

No.

And have to add, you WILL be entertained.

So, what are you waiting for?

My Two Sen.

(Eg. I cannot comment of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and the reason being, I have not watched it at this point in time.)
Mickey C
post Oct 25 2019, 07:25 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Oct 25 2019, 01:05 PM)
Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

So...

Imagine this.

You are standing in front of the cinema.

Holding your hard earn cash...

Your movies choices are Gemini Man and Terminator: Dark Fate.

Which should you choose....

My advise to you is, Terminator: Dark Fate.

Why?

Of the two, it is definitely, more involving, more entertaining, more action pack, and is directly connected with Terminator 1 & 2...

Is it PERFECT?

No.

And have to add, you WILL be entertained.

So, what are you waiting for?

My Two Sen.

(Eg. I cannot comment of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and the reason being, I have not watched it at this point in time.)
Ya, Terminator: Dark Fate is much more better than Gemini Man...
Mackenzie Davis is very tall oh....... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

skylinelover
post Oct 26 2019, 02:10 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Oct 25 2019, 07:25 PM)
Ya, Terminator: Dark Fate is much more better than Gemini Man...
Mackenzie Davis is very tall oh.......  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
will smith 4ever comedy man not action man laugh.gif

even the rock PG13 action much better than that laugh.gif
tonYe
post Nov 1 2019, 03:40 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

DOCTOR SLEEP (2019)

Review:

Mickey C
post Nov 1 2019, 05:42 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Oct 26 2019, 02:10 PM)
will smith 4ever comedy man not action man laugh.gif

even the rock PG13 action much better than that laugh.gif
but Will Smith, Bad Boys is very good action...
ThalaFan
post Nov 1 2019, 06:01 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Nov 1 2019, 05:42 PM)
but Will Smith, Bad Boys is very good action...
Dats mainly due to Bay's direction. We wait till 3rd installment, to see if Smith is even fit for action....cuz dude really feels lost
Mov_freak
post Nov 7 2019, 01:36 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

Doctor Sleep (2019)

Anybody here watched The Shining (1980)?

Just in case you are still unclear (like some of the members in the audience at the cinema with me who loudly proclaimed, "there was Doctor Sleep 1, ah...??? How come I don't know one!?!"), this is the sequel to The Shining (1980).

Many a people thinks that The Shining is one of Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece.

Not necessary Stephen King opinion, but alot of people think so.

Just before you ask, no, I have never read The Shining nor Doctor Sleep in their book form.

I have however also watched The Shining TV series, during the 90s, that is supposed to be closer to the book.

I have a funny feeling that this movie is closer to being a sequel to the movie, rather than the book.

And is it any good.

Kiddies, this is a DELICIOUS sequel.

They hired the right cast.

They hired the right script writer.

And the right director also delivered a great movie.

The Wachowski brothers stated that for your sequel to be good, you usually have to expend the universe it is in (I am para-phrasing), and boy did the creative team behind this movie, expanded The Shining universe.

Most sequels fall into giving you the same movie, only bigger.

This movie did not even attempt to emulate anything that was done in the first movie at all, and then only bring everything to full circle in the third act.

The result, as I had already stated, is DELICIOUS!!

The new characters are so intriguing!!

I ENJOYED this movie immensely!!

I was blindsided and mesmerised/enthralled by the story.

I only hope that it is SO successful, that Stephen King is paid enough money by his publishers to write an even more spectacular part 3.

Hey, one can wish right?

The above, is just, my two sen.

icon_rolleyes.gif
tonYe
post Nov 7 2019, 10:12 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

MIDWAY (2019)

Review:

Mickey C
post Nov 8 2019, 05:40 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 7 2019, 01:36 AM)
Doctor Sleep (2019)

Anybody here watched The Shining (1980)?

Just in case you are still unclear (like some of the members in the audience at the cinema with me who loudly proclaimed, "there was Doctor Sleep 1, ah...??? How come I don't know one!?!"), this is the sequel to The Shining (1980).

Many a people thinks that The Shining is one of Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece.

Not necessary Stephen King opinion, but alot of people think so.

Just before you ask, no, I have never read The Shining nor Doctor Sleep in their book form.

I have however also watched The Shining TV series, during the 90s, that is supposed to be closer to the book.

I have a funny feeling that this movie is closer to being a sequel to the movie, rather than the book.

And is it any good.

Kiddies, this is a DELICIOUS sequel.

They hired the right cast.

They hired the right script writer.

And the right director also delivered a great movie.

The Wachowski brothers stated that for your sequel to be good, you usually have to expend the universe it is in (I am para-phrasing), and boy did the creative team behind this movie, expanded The Shining universe.

Most sequels fall into giving you the same movie, only bigger.

This movie did not even attempt to emulate anything that was done in the first movie at all, and then only bring everything to full circle in the third act.

The result, as I had already stated, is DELICIOUS!!

The new characters are so intriguing!!

I ENJOYED this movie immensely!!

I was blindsided and mesmerised/enthralled by the story.

I only hope that it is SO successful, that Stephen King is paid enough money by his publishers to write an even more spectacular part 3.

Hey, one can wish right?

The above, is just, my two sen.

icon_rolleyes.gif
I watched Doctor Sleep and Midway.... But Doctor Sleep is much more better..... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Midway vs Pearl Harbor (2001), well for me sure Pearl Harbor.... rclxm9.gif

skylinelover
post Nov 8 2019, 07:38 PM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Nov 7 2019, 10:12 PM)
MIDWAY (2019)

Review:

Ouch

That is shocking laugh.gif laugh.gif
tonYe
post Nov 8 2019, 08:17 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Nov 8 2019, 07:38 PM)
Ouch

That is shocking laugh.gif laugh.gif
Haha why is it shocking?
Mov_freak
post Nov 8 2019, 10:27 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Nov 8 2019, 05:40 PM)
I watched Doctor Sleep and Midway.... But Doctor Sleep is much more better.....  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
Midway vs Pearl Harbor (2001), well for me sure Pearl Harbor....  rclxm9.gif
Thank you, I save money...

smile.gif
skylinelover
post Nov 9 2019, 09:15 AM

5,642 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Nov 8 2019, 08:17 PM)
Haha why is it shocking?
Haha i was hoping 3/5 at least but 2 means i saved money hahahaha
Mickey C
post Nov 9 2019, 12:33 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 8 2019, 10:27 PM)
Thank you, I save money...

smile.gif
No worry, u still can enjoy the dogfight and bombing sequences, u r movie king..... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
tonYe
post Nov 10 2019, 09:50 AM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,397 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Nov 9 2019, 09:15 AM)
Haha i was hoping 3/5 at least but 2 means i saved money hahahaha
Haha when a film has no early reviews, you can expect it to be not great already

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1489sec    3.59    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 01:55 PM