Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 20 ] ** [27.78%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 7 ] ** [9.72%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 45 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 72
Guests cannot vote 
views

Kyoyagami
post Jun 24 2019, 09:55 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Rocketman

Truly a spectacle to one of the best based on a true story (or fantasy since Elton prefers that) of a rockstar capturing the highest of highs and the lowest of lows movies I have seen. Ever.

Taron Egerton plays brilliantly as Elton John. And if Rami Malek can get an Oscar, so can Taron. Nuff said.

Probably more amazing is how Elton's songs blends in seamlessly to tell his life story. That's probably the best treat. Also, all the songs are performed by Taron instead with some lyrical changes to suit the story. Which totally works since the man can sing as well.

It's my best movie of 2019, so far.

PS: Had to run to Singapore to watch it last week. Definitely saw some scenes that confirm cannot lepas in Malaysia. XD

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0576sec    0.25    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 PM