Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 20 ] ** [27.78%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 7 ] ** [9.72%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 45 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 72
Guests cannot vote 
views

ThalaFan
post May 5 2019, 11:25 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Apr 27 2019, 01:15 AM)
Avengers: Endgame

I prefer Infinity War, which I too thought was structured very well, had clear and visible stakes, and an excellent villain. And possibly the best Marvel action set pieces. 

I guess I enjoyed Endgame, but it's a film of three parts that individually never quite succeed -- the first rather downbeat, reflexive hour is quite good and maintains the stakes from IW, but you always know it's a build up to something else...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Overall I enjoyed the movie, but IW was better.

3/5
Rewatched IW 2 days back. It was well-structured & intense from start till end. Like....the film started with distress signal & ended with distress signal as well...it was THAT much well-structured & essentially a villain's tale. Just as Dark Knight (2008) was abt Joker, IW (2018) was all about Thanos and his quest. Kudos to Russo Brothers

Avengers: Endgame was an emotional farewell & fanservice to Marvel's long-time fans. At least it was the way I see it. I'll never understand contrived arguement on how EndGame Thanos was stronger...when he is essentially just same guy. Maybe cuz he had Infinity Blades (no spoilers, it was shown in trailers man). I viewed both IW & Endgame as 2 major story arcs within Avengers series. From Avengers 2012~Age of Ultron~IW~Endgame, its a huge Infinity Saga lol.
ThalaFan
post Jul 20 2019, 04:10 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Jul 20 2019, 04:44 AM)
THE LION KING (2019)

Review:

Rating: 3 / 5
Very generous rating man. Imma fan of cartoon version, found being bored da heck outta this film

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But this is my share of thoughts.

Felt like watchin natgeo/discovery channel documentary. And wouldnt fault the film...its live-action of frickin LION....whatdya expect? Moving their face muscles, jaws up, down, sideways as in cartoon?

Which raises nothet question. Why bother makin this film? Seriously?.... thank god I watched it online...5 mins max (intro, Mufasa's death, Simba vs Scar climax fight) and felt I've wasted my time....god bless poor souls that endured this film😂😂😂
ThalaFan
post Jul 31 2019, 01:52 PM

1 posts

Catched Hobbs & Shaw😎

Such a fun film.
ThalaFan
post Aug 7 2019, 02:44 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Aug 7 2019, 11:52 AM)
Make F&F better than F&F with vin around laugh.gif laugh.gif
Vin/Torette is the heart of F&F along with Paul/Brian & Mia

Rock came on-board with Fast5 after Vin came across a fans post comment on want to watch him & Rock on-screen. Granted

Deckard 1st official debut was post-credit scene of Furious 6

Everythin involving Deckard in Furious 7 was legendary.

To think a spin-off featuring 2 bald headed badasses who fought Torette/Vin at some point would be such a fun ride

I heard the director said there's gonna be Hobbs & Shaw franchise. Wouldnt be suprised if Rock & Statham miss-out on a couple of F&F films with "family"

Tyrese as usual would😑😑😑
ThalaFan
post Sep 28 2019, 12:49 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(myroy @ Sep 28 2019, 12:30 AM)
why you didt like it?
He already explained it in that review itself bro. Play the video
ThalaFan
post Nov 1 2019, 06:01 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Mickey C @ Nov 1 2019, 05:42 PM)
but Will Smith, Bad Boys is very good action...
Dats mainly due to Bay's direction. We wait till 3rd installment, to see if Smith is even fit for action....cuz dude really feels lost
ThalaFan
post Dec 19 2019, 03:27 PM

1 posts

Anyone watched ipman 4 yet? How'd the film?
ThalaFan
post Dec 22 2019, 02:34 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Dec 22 2019, 02:28 PM)
Watched star wars yesterday and I thought it was just below average.

Im not 100% sure of how exactly the force works but its whacko or bollocks how Rey is this strong and powerful. For me none of this makes any sense but just watch for the sake of it. And she have healing powers now ? I mean wtf ? Also the kiss between Rey and kylo ren was really necessary ?

It's really not the kind of ending of a trilogy I was hoping for. The original trilogy will always be and will be the best star wars trilogy followed by the the prequel trilogy and then the sequel trilogy ( 2015 - 2019 )

My rating for star wars rise of Skywalker

4/10
Lucky I skipped this & watched Jumanji instead. It was hilarious & whole theater were laughing the entire time...kids, adults...all enjoyed

ThalaFan
post Mar 27 2020, 07:48 PM

1 posts

Central Intelligence: strictly one time watchable. Plot could've been better (if there ever was) though comedy was quite ok.

ThalaFan
post Apr 4 2020, 10:44 PM

1 posts

Anyone have watched Gangs of London? How is the film?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0582sec    0.33    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 AM