Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 20 ] ** [27.78%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 7 ] ** [9.72%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 45 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 72
Guests cannot vote 
views

6so
post Apr 17 2022, 08:43 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

The directorial duo behind Swiss Army Man returned. To my surprise this high concept comedy works really well. Throw out the shitty MCU multiverse concept out of your tiny brain, it just merely a narrative means to tell a very emotional fulfilling story. It has better action scenes than Shang Chi and none of the cringe attempts at comedy from MCU. The idea is to stop a multiverse god from killing Michelle Yeoh as she able to access memories of her parallel universe self. It's up to her to figure out how to stop her own demise. This movie's first 20 mins has the best first arc pacing I've ever seen. Highly recommended. FYI, Michelle Yeoh's onscreen husband is the vietnamese boy from Indiana Jones Temple of Doom.

This post has been edited by 6so: Apr 17 2022, 08:44 AM
6so
post Apr 17 2022, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

My brain cells dying every minute the movie plays. Good news…it's not as annoying as his last few movies. Bad news...it's still a STUPID Michael Bay movie with zero redeeming quality. The only good thing to say is Eiza Gonzalez looks hot. Thank god the MBO management belanja me otherwise won't even travel to cinema for it.

skylinelover
post Apr 19 2022, 06:40 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Apr 17 2022, 08:43 AM)

The directorial duo behind Swiss Army Man returned. To my surprise this high concept comedy works really well. Throw out the shitty MCU multiverse concept out of your tiny brain, it just merely a narrative means to tell a very emotional fulfilling story. It has better action scenes than Shang Chi and none of the cringe attempts at comedy from MCU. The idea is to stop a multiverse god from killing Michelle Yeoh as she able to access memories of her parallel universe self. It's up to her to figure out how to stop her own demise. This movie's first 20 mins has the best first arc pacing I've ever seen. Highly recommended. FYI, Michelle Yeoh's onscreen husband is the vietnamese boy from Indiana Jones Temple of Doom.
Best Michelle all-round performance ever

Crazy Rich Asians made him come back after 2.5 decades retired from acting

Youtube both their interviews

There so many dark secrets they revealed prior 2 this movie

Last but not least

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Apr 19 2022, 06:42 PM
6so
post Apr 19 2022, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Please don't sit on this movie, take a leap of faith and walk out from theater with a satisfying smile guaranteed. It's more than just a silly comedy.
r2t2
post Apr 20 2022, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Apr 19 2022, 08:19 PM)

Please don't sit on this movie, take a leap of faith and walk out from theater with a satisfying smile guaranteed. It's more than just a silly comedy.
I watched so many of the cast & directors interviews before watching the movie ... don't do that, kinda 'spoilt' the expectation a bit; but I thought I wasn't watching any reviews with spoilers (or even non-spoiler reviews); what to do, was so eager laugh.gif

Too bad so limited shows in local cinemas ... and not much support. I was the only one in the hall (around 1 week after release) ... but it's okay, I could ugly-sob as much as I want. sweat.gif

Here's one interview that's a bit more informative about Ke Huy Quan (which he didn't really touch in other cast interviews)

GravityFi3ld
post Apr 21 2022, 05:59 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
820 posts

The Keluangman Batman (2022)

The first time I watched a Bat-film and snoozed away mid-show was Nolan's Batman Beningnings Begins.

Same thing happened here, eyes on the screen , mind wandered off, sleep mode activated - last scene I recall was the wake/funeral scene, so much talking confused.gif and dozed off, woke up to see KL Gotham Banjir laugh.gif

Will need to find time to re-watch the whole thing rolleyes.gif

I rate my nap 5/5 thumbup.gif hope i didn't snore (too loudly?) doh.gif
skylinelover
post Apr 23 2022, 12:38 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

I hope sonic 2 smash the 2020 collections worldwide

Could have been $900 million movie in 2020 if not 4 the pandemic
Mov_freak
post Apr 26 2022, 10:46 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022)

So... long story short... is it good?

I think the human character suffered a little with the introduction is Knuckles (Idris Elba) and Tails (Colleen O'Shaughnessey).

As for the CGI character I love the intro of Knuckles!

The only human character that did not suffer in this, is Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey). This character is deviously delicious!!

With all that is said and done, this is a great movie to watch with the whole family (there was a whole roll of giggling kids two row ahead of me).

Ultimate, this movie is aimed at the kiddies!

With the above and as always, my two sen.
skylinelover
post Apr 28 2022, 06:25 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(r2t2 @ Apr 20 2022, 08:22 PM)
I watched so many of the cast & directors interviews before watching the movie ... don't do that, kinda 'spoilt' the expectation a bit; but I thought I wasn't watching any reviews with spoilers (or even non-spoiler reviews); what to do, was so eager laugh.gif

Too bad so limited shows in local cinemas ... and not much support.  I was the only one in the hall (around 1 week after release) ... but it's okay, I could ugly-sob as much as I want.  sweat.gif

Here's one interview that's a bit more informative about Ke Huy Quan (which he didn't really touch in other cast interviews)

Haha after got exiled, he still thankful to Spielberg and Lucas for making him as HIM today. laugh.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Apr 28 2022, 06:25 PM
Mov_freak
post May 6 2022, 08:32 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Well, kiddies I hope everyone had a good celebration and brought your big person's pants...

Why?

Well, if you do watch this, do note that this can be categories as.... HORROR (my favorite cup of tea)!

There are alot of cheers in the cinema during the movie, so if you can and if it is safe, watch it in a big cinema and crowd!

Benedict Cumberbatch brought it. He really did.

There were alot of speculations about who would cameo here.

Some valid, some not so (hence the cheering).

Overall this is a very entertaining movie.

A really far cry from Marvel's last outing (Eternals)

My only complain would be the scoring, alot of the "Asian" were in the score early in the movie and then it "disappeared"... Magic?

Go watch this. No matter what I say you will. So just go kiddies, just go watch this. Remember to wear your big person's pants.

My Two Sen

P.S. there are two end credit scene, The first one worth it the second, meh...
GravityFi3ld
post May 9 2022, 12:48 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
820 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Apr 17 2022, 04:40 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

My brain cells dying every minute the movie plays. Good news…it's not as annoying as his last few movies. Bad news...it's still a STUPID Michael Bay movie with zero redeeming quality. The only good thing to say is Eiza Gonzalez looks hot. Thank god the MBO management belanja me otherwise won't even travel to cinema for it.
It wasn't THAT bad, it is much worse! laugh.gif
You just don't feel it - at all. Didn't feel any thrills during their car chases, even the heist scenes was so meh.

Additional: Some scenes were out of sync too, as in, not in proper order - perhaps uncle bay unintentionally tried to mimic uncle nolan laugh.gif

This post has been edited by GravityFi3ld: May 9 2022, 04:45 PM
rx330
post May 10 2022, 01:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

sigh.. I miss out everything everywhere... was bz prior to Hari Raya... only manage to catch dr weird

im sorry Michelle, really wanted to support you
skylinelover
post May 12 2022, 10:40 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 10 2022, 01:02 PM)
sigh.. I miss out everything everywhere... was bz prior to Hari Raya... only manage to catch dr weird

im sorry Michelle, really wanted to support you
Quick buy the bluray laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very rare an arthouse got action better than HK 80s kungfu rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
rx330
post May 12 2022, 11:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 12 2022, 10:40 AM)
Quick buy the bluray laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very rare an arthouse got action better than HK 80s kungfu rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
bulurei version out already?
6so
post May 12 2022, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 12 2022, 12:08 PM)
Give it few more weeks or so then it should hit VOD, not sure which popular streaming sites yet cause no announcement. They capitalize on theater runs more than streaming. MUBI is not available in Asia, it's the Criterion-esque streaming service where all the independent movies go.
skylinelover
post May 13 2022, 12:22 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 12 2022, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE(6so @ May 12 2022, 12:09 PM)
Give it few more weeks or so then it should hit VOD, not sure which popular streaming sites yet cause no announcement. They capitalize on theater runs more than streaming. MUBI is not available in Asia, it's the Criterion-esque streaming service where all the independent movies go.
Normally 3-4 months after theatre run hahahaha
6so
post May 13 2022, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 13 2022, 01:22 PM)
Normally 3-4 months after theatre run hahahaha
WB 45 days while others around 75 days. DVD era is 90 days. Theater owners will make noise if they shorten that release window. Also some movies will do VOD before streaming.
skylinelover
post May 13 2022, 01:25 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 13 2022, 12:43 PM)
WB 45 days while others around 75 days. DVD era is 90 days. Theater owners will make noise if they shorten that release window. Also some movies will do VOD before streaming.
Haha am i the only one thinking this VOD model started when pandemic started or its already there since 2019 laugh.gif hmm.gif
6so
post May 13 2022, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 13 2022, 02:25 PM)
Haha am i the only one thinking this VOD model started when pandemic started or its already there since 2019 laugh.gif hmm.gif
It started long time ago with HBO but Apple TV is the key player until today. In US, everyone has an Amazon account or use Apple products. No surprise studios want to tap into that.
rx330
post May 13 2022, 03:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

aikss... some time to wait then

34 Pages « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0453sec    0.69    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:02 PM