Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 20 ] ** [27.78%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 7 ] ** [9.72%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 45 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 72
Guests cannot vote 
views

Mov_freak
post Mar 2 2022, 07:20 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

The Batman (2022)

If you had told me in 1997 that this movie would exist in 2022, after I had watch Batman and Robin, I would have thought you are pulling my leg.

These two movies are night and day.

I actually heard there are fans of Batman and Robin and they are not wrong.

That movie was target at very specific audience (kids) and this movie, well for lovers of good cinema.

For some odd reason there were resistance to this movie before it was release.

Robert Pattinson casting was controversial. Criticism about his previous works. About his work attics. About troubles in set etc.

I will add this, from the first frame Batman enters the movie, I was sold.

His entrance is AMAZING.

There are elements of Batman The Long Halloween here.

The transition from comic to film is very flesh out. I mean LITERALLY!!

The production value of this movie is off the charts

The casting is first rate. The Penguin is fantastic. Colin Farrell is unrecognizable and IS The Penguin. Jeffrey Wright is GREAT as Captain Gordon.

Many people forgets that Batman started in Detective Comics.

It was Crime Noir

This movie does not forget and the whole movies is solving a mystery... A mystery called The Riddler!

I am not sure this movie is for everyone.

This is different from Nolan's and Christian's works.

This is a THINKING movie.

I for one is appreciative.

My Two Sen
skylinelover
post Mar 6 2022, 09:35 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Mar 2 2022, 07:20 PM)
The Batman (2022)

If you had told me in 1997 that this movie would exist in 2022, after I had watch Batman and Robin, I would have thought you are pulling my leg.

These two movies are night and day.

I actually heard there are fans of Batman and Robin and they are not wrong.

That movie was target at very specific audience (kids) and this movie, well for lovers of good cinema.

For some odd reason there were resistance to this movie before it was release.

Robert Pattinson casting was controversial. Criticism about his previous works. About his work attics. About troubles in set etc.

I will add this, from the first frame Batman enters the movie, I was sold.

His entrance is AMAZING.

There are elements of Batman The Long Halloween here.

The transition from comic to film is very flesh out. I mean LITERALLY!!

The production value of this movie is off the charts

The casting is first rate. The Penguin is fantastic. Colin Farrell is unrecognizable and IS The Penguin. Jeffrey Wright is GREAT as Captain Gordon.

Many people forgets that Batman started in Detective Comics.

It was Crime Noir

This movie does not forget and the whole movies is solving a mystery... A mystery called The Riddler!

I am not sure this movie is for everyone.

This is different from Nolan's and Christian's works.

This is a THINKING movie.

I for one is appreciative.

My Two Sen
Early shot for movie of year 2022? laugh.gif icon_idea.gif
Mov_freak
post Mar 7 2022, 08:49 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 6 2022, 09:35 PM)
Early shot for movie of year 2022? laugh.gif icon_idea.gif
Being the 9th Batman feature movie (remember the 1st was in the 60s) this movie actually brought new elements to the Batman movie.

I believe this would make this well movie liked and relevant for a long time to come.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Mar 7 2022, 08:50 AM
rx330
post Mar 12 2022, 12:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Mar 7 2022, 08:49 AM)
Being the 9th Batman feature movie (remember the 1st was in the 60s) this movie actually brought new elements to the Batman movie.

I believe this would make this well movie liked and relevant for a long time to come.
ok, time to make time to go watch
but now school holiday... and this show macam not suitable for kids
Mov_freak
post Mar 12 2022, 05:10 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Mar 12 2022, 12:06 PM)
ok, time to make time to go watch
but now school holiday... and this show macam not suitable for kids
A bit heavy both in them of the look of the movie and story line, for very young kids
skylinelover
post Mar 12 2022, 06:15 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha and its 3 freaking hours laugh.gif laugh.gif
rx330
post Mar 14 2022, 09:37 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

wah that's long

like that I bring Bini go paktor aje la

6so
post Mar 23 2022, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Saw this on my wife's china streaming box, thought you have seen it all and it's time to move on from this bullshit. Guess I'm not prepared to admit how much I enjoyed this low hanging fruit of comedy. Can't stop laughing and marveling at these middle aged idiots still going strong with their shenanigans. Just a little warning, it has more full frontal and gross out pranks. Not for the easily offended. The new generation of jackass equally watchable but the OG gang gets the most laugh out of you. The sizzle reel at end credit not to be missed. Shut off your brain and just have a good laugh out time.
skylinelover
post Mar 23 2022, 11:10 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Mar 23 2022, 09:12 AM)

Saw this on my wife's china streaming box, thought you have seen it all and it's time to move on from this bullshit. Guess I'm not prepared to admit how much I enjoyed this low hanging fruit of comedy. Can't stop laughing and marveling at these middle aged idiots still going strong with their shenanigans. Just a little warning, it has more full frontal and gross out pranks. Not for the easily offended. The new generation of jackass equally watchable but the OG gang gets the most laugh out of you. The sizzle reel at end credit not to be missed. Shut off your brain and just have a good laugh out time.
No wonder not showing in local cinemas laugh.gif laugh.gif
lexanoir
post Mar 23 2022, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Dec 31 2021, 01:44 AM)
Guys, what’s the best way to watch Interstellar? Unable to get on Netflix/Disney hot star/prime video.
Don’t have a blu ray player yet
AppleTv is the best , 4k dolby vision 5.1
drbone
post Mar 24 2022, 09:16 AM

Regular
1,729 posts

QUOTE(lexanoir @ Mar 23 2022, 11:44 AM)
AppleTv is the best , 4k dolby vision 5.1
Thanks, got it already from apple tv. Read that due to apple tv refusing to pay tax to google , from now on, movies can't be bought from android tvs.
How true is this?
6so
post Mar 27 2022, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

I dropped the manga when it got into the typical shonen crap. I have some knowledge what it is but not the full picture. Watch this solely because of MAPPA studio. To my surprise it's worth the trip to cinema. Don't need to know what it's about, just let the exciting fight scenes overwhelm your eyeballs. The proto protagonist works better than the one in the manga, Being a hot property as it is, I will take the opportunity to point you to the underrated Hell's Paradise manga and soon to be released anime. Same genre but with much darker premise. Gave up reading JJK for that.

6so
post Apr 2 2022, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Here we have another cannibal movie. Not the best but definitely not the worst. Can be intriguing, charming and exciting during the first two acts. Once the premise and hook sets in, it loses steam to predictability for the final act. It's more watchable than your usual crappy Netflix throwaway movies. Just that it's not a deep and memorable movie. Not as original as Raw but for sure better than the Spanish Cannibal film.
Mov_freak
post Apr 13 2022, 08:55 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Morbius (2022)

Remember in 1999 while you were watching The Matric and bullet time happened and you went, uhhhhh..... ahhhhhh.....

For some odd reason The Matrix Resurrections (2021) totally forgot waht made the 1999 The Matrix great... Great story and great effects

I thought I would have a terrible time at the movies with this film.

Well, the patrons behind me thought that they have the right to kick and put their legs up on the chairs in front of them, as they please...

Back to the movie... it is decent.

The first two act were actually very well done.

The why and why nots of the lead were well fleshed out.

There are scenes in the trailer that was not used....

The visual effects were a supped up bullet time and they are glorious!

Why the heck did The Matrix Resurrections (2021) forget this, I was never figure out.

Where this movie flatter is the last act...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I mostly enjoyed this.

I could do with people shaking my seat less and not see someone shoe near my head and have to add, that is life, you don't always get what you want.

My Two Sen

P.S. There are two short scene at the end but not the end end (eg after ALL the endcredits... Hope this make sense.

skylinelover
post Apr 14 2022, 04:00 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Apr 13 2022, 08:55 PM)
Morbius (2022)

Remember in 1999 while you were watching The Matric and bullet time happened and you went, uhhhhh..... ahhhhhh.....

For some odd reason The Matrix Resurrections (2021) totally forgot waht made the 1999 The Matrix great... Great story and great effects

I thought I would have a terrible time at the movies with this film.

Well, the patrons behind me thought that they have the right to kick and put their legs up on the chairs in front of them, as they please...

Back to the movie... it is decent.

The first two act were actually very well done.

The why and why nots of the lead were well fleshed out.

There are scenes in the trailer that was not used....

The visual effects were a supped up bullet time and they are glorious!

Why the heck did The Matrix Resurrections (2021) forget this, I was never figure out.

Where this movie flatter is the last act...

I mostly enjoyed this.

I could do with people shaking my seat less and not see someone shoe near my head  and have to add, that is life, you don't always get what you want.

My Two Sen

P.S. There are two short scene at the end but not the end end (eg after ALL the endcredits... Hope this make sense.
When Dumbledore? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Still awaiting Sonic 2 though. Haha.
Mov_freak
post Apr 14 2022, 06:58 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

I want to like this movie.

I really do.

I love the harry potter books and movies (well with the exception of one of the movie).

This is an expensive movie.

The producers, writers and director are Harry Potter Universe veterans.

If you do follow my reviews, the main issue I have with Fantastic Beast movies are the storyline.

I don't think there is a true idea of what they are trying to express to the audience or even a clear pathway to get to the end game

If it was really up to me, they should end the series with this movie.

It does come to some form of conclusion.

Gellert Grindelwald has so far been played by three actors and latest being Mads Mikkelsen.

I don't think Mads Mikkelsen has a strong grasp of Gellert.

I know Ezra Miller is in alot of kaka at this point in time. Seriously, he literally could have phone his performance for this movie in...

They expanded the wizarding world without much explanation and just assume the audience would "buy it".

Some of the Fantastic Beast is way WAY out there....

The only one that seems to hold it together is Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore, not sure if that is enough to keep the series going...

They just had so many things happening and did not know how to keep the audience's focus... Leaving the audience... lacking a better term... exhausted/fatigue...

My Two Sen...
Mov_freak
post Apr 14 2022, 07:00 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 14 2022, 04:00 PM)
When Dumbledore? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Still awaiting Sonic 2 though. Haha.
Slave driver... tongue.gif

If all goes well I will be able to review Lost City tomorrow

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Apr 14 2022, 07:01 PM
6so
post Apr 15 2022, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Once you look past the shallow premise and where the killing starts. Get ready for A24 version of Friday the 13th. Gory, plenty of nudity and some holy shit killings on screen. I don't really care for this genre but interested to see what A24 did with it. Pretty fun watch for me.
Mov_freak
post Apr 15 2022, 04:28 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

The Lost City (2022)

Ahhh...

Sandra.

It has been awhile.

Hollywood used to make this kind of movies and then they decided to be woke.

In the age of Woke

We have Rebel Wilson, Melissa McCathy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones etc

The difference between their comedic work and Sandra Bullock comedic work is... Sandra's roles are never funny because her character is stupid....

There is a difference.

This movie is NOT new.

It has been done before.

From Remington Steel to Romancing the Stone, it's a nice.... update.

Overall, the movie is entertaining.

The chemistry between Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock is more potent compared with the chemistry Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock.... But alas

The unfortunate thing about the movie is most of the best bits have been used in the trailer already so....

If you like a date night and want a movie with nothing heavy (storyline wise) this is the exact movie you want to go to

There was a weird censor in the movie. There was a scene where Sandra is in a hotel room and she is drinking from a glass bottle, the bottle is blurred (beer?). Can anyone confirm my observation? Seriously, a blurred beer bottle??? hmm.gif

With that

My Two Sen
skylinelover
post Apr 16 2022, 10:30 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Apr 15 2022, 04:28 PM)
The Lost City (2022)

Ahhh...

Sandra.

It has been awhile.

Hollywood used to make this kind of movies and then they decided to be woke.

In the age of Woke

We have Rebel Wilson, Melissa McCathy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones etc

The difference between their comedic work and Sandra Bullock comedic work is... Sandra's roles are never funny because her character is stupid....

There is a difference.

This movie is NOT new.

It has been done before.

From Remington Steel to Romancing the Stone, it's a nice.... update.

Overall, the movie is entertaining.

The chemistry between Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock is more potent compared with the chemistry Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock.... But alas

The unfortunate thing about the movie is most of the best bits have been used in the trailer already so....

If you like a date night and want a movie with nothing heavy (storyline wise) this is the exact movie you want to go to

There was a weird censor in the movie.  There was a scene where Sandra is in a hotel room and she is drinking from a glass bottle, the bottle is blurred (beer?). Can anyone confirm my observation? Seriously, a blurred beer bottle???  hmm.gif

With that

My Two Sen
My guess is Mexican beer haha

Haram maaaa *you know who* always say

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

34 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0448sec    0.39    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:01 PM