Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Unifi TV Ver 2, Formerly known as HyppTV

views

Max
post Apr 27 2021, 09:47 PM

Regular
1,322 posts

If all that channel cease.. then no point having hypptv anymore..
😭

coolguy_0925
post Apr 28 2021, 07:56 AM

Regular
1,093 posts

QUOTE(gedebe @ Apr 27 2021, 09:00 PM)
Is TM going to replace or just let it go silently, I guess the later looking at how TM has been passive on unifi iptv all this while.
This time is like almost all the channels (except those homegrown and Varnam channels) will be gone

If they kept silence I think we have valid ground to make noise
birain
post Apr 28 2021, 04:53 PM

良い一ζ—₯γ‚’
1,434 posts

pay RM30 for ruby plus pack, this round cut another chinese channel, how many left beside the free 8tv channel. chinese pack like taken for ride, pay so much, so little channel left.
Max
post Apr 28 2021, 05:37 PM

Regular
1,322 posts

If no more interesting channel, TM must give option to remove hypptv subscription..
joshhd
post Apr 28 2021, 10:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,563 posts

Which means, these are the list of channels to be impacted on 1 Oct 2020.

- CH 226 SCM Legend
- CH 401 FOX Movies
- CH 402 FOX Action Movies
- CH 403 FOX Family Movies
- CH 453 FOX
- CH 454 FX
- CH 455 FX
- CH 511 Nat Geo People
- CH 706 Fox Sports
- CH 707 Fox Sports 2
- CH 708 Fox Sports 3

What a huge loss for Unifi TV users blink.gif blink.gif I wonder how would Unifi TV replaces these channels....
AVFAN
post Apr 29 2021, 08:28 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,910 posts

it is annoying that tm/astro seem to be completely caught off guard.

they better give rebates since they seem to have nothing as replacement.

Astro, TM down on Disney’s TV channels shutdown in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/astr...-asia-hong-kong

joshhd
post Apr 29 2021, 04:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,563 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 29 2021, 08:28 AM)
it is annoying that tm/astro seem to be completely caught off guard.

they better give rebates since they seem to have nothing as replacement.

We'll just have to wait and see then... We got 5 months remaining to enjoy those channels.
birain
post Apr 29 2021, 05:14 PM

良い一ζ—₯γ‚’
1,434 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 28 2021, 10:32 PM)
Which means, these are the list of channels to be impacted on 1 Oct 2020.

- CH 226 SCM Legend
- CH 401 FOX Movies
- CH 402 FOX Action Movies
- CH 403 FOX Family Movies
- CH 453 FOX
- CH 454 FX
- CH 455 FX
- CH 511 Nat Geo People
- CH 706 Fox Sports
- CH 707 Fox Sports 2
- CH 708 Fox Sports 3

What a huge loss for Unifi TV users blink.gif  blink.gif I wonder how would Unifi TV replaces these channels....
only fox movies not available for ruby plus pack. and fox dramas, have to use split screens to watch, else use tvbox if wanna watch drama. the rest can watch from phone.

my main watch is f1.
John42
post May 3 2021, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

To those using Unifi Plus box, could you please check for me whether your unifi plus box running on Android security patch version 5 August 2019? Been using the box for 5 months and I never get any update for the Google patch security update.
juzmafia
post May 3 2021, 03:36 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(John42 @ May 3 2021, 03:16 PM)
To those using Unifi Plus box, could you please check for me whether your unifi plus box running on Android security patch version 5 August 2019? Been using the box for 5 months and I never get any update for the Google patch security update.
+1

Wanted to ask about this as well..

If there has not been any update from them then it is not a good sign..
There's been quite a lot of vulnerabilities detected last year & one specifically for Amlogic component in August last year.
Refer:- https://source.android.com/security/bulleti...ogic-components

UPB users should email TM or MCMC regarding this issue.

John42
post May 3 2021, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(juzmafia @ May 3 2021, 03:36 PM)
+1

Wanted to ask about this as well..

If there has not been any update from them then it is not a good sign..
There's been quite a lot of vulnerabilities detected last year & one specifically for Amlogic component in August last year.
Refer:- https://source.android.com/security/bulleti...ogic-components

UPB users should email TM or MCMC regarding this issue.
OK you know what I did complained to TM just now and they told me that they will get back to me by tomorrow. I think UPB software updates TM is the one in charge to release it even though UPB is Google certified. Mi Box S already in 2020 Google patch security update and UPB still stuck on 2019 version πŸ˜‘. The android version supposed to be upgraded to Android 10 but I don't know whether they will upgrade or not. I got this UPB deal with 100Mbps package which only cost RM 139 and I got discount up to RM 171 due to I made report to MCMC regarding the low picture quality on HYPPtv. So for me the box only cost around RM 80 for me for the 2 year contract.
juzmafia
post May 3 2021, 07:12 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(John42 @ May 3 2021, 05:55 PM)
OK you know what I did complained to TM just now and they told me that they will get back to me by tomorrow. I think UPB software updates TM is the one in charge to release it even though UPB is Google certified. Mi Box S already in 2020 Google patch security update and UPB still stuck on 2019 version πŸ˜‘. The android version supposed to be upgraded to Android 10 but I don't know whether they will upgrade or not. I got this UPB deal with 100Mbps package which only cost RM 139 and I got discount up to RM 171 due to I made report to MCMC regarding the low picture quality on HYPPtv. So for me the box only cost around RM 80 for me for the 2 year contract.
Good, hopefully they will forward this to their OEM for immediate action.
By right OEM should be aware of this & released the patches every few months. Iinm, this is part of certification requirements by Google.
Best if more users report this issue to them & local tech websites join to amplify this..

Actually, both Mibox & UPB are under different tier group, Mibox is under consumer group while UPB is under operator group.

For UPB, i think the bug fix & updates are maintain by ODM/OEM which in this case is Skyworth but they will still need to liaise with TM while Mibox is maintain by the brand(Xiaomi) itself.
However, all updates will still go through Google's QA/QC approval before releasing to end user via Google's server.

This post has been edited by juzmafia: May 3 2021, 09:37 PM
John42
post May 4 2021, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(juzmafia @ May 3 2021, 07:12 PM)
Good, hopefully they will forward this to their OEM for immediate action.
By right OEM should be aware of this & released the patches every few months. Iinm, this is part of certification requirements by Google.
Best if more users report this issue to them & local tech websites join to amplify this..

Actually, both Mibox & UPB are under different tier group, Mibox is under consumer group while UPB is under operator group.

For UPB, i think the bug fix & updates are maintain by ODM/OEM which in this case is Skyworth but they will still need to liaise with TM while Mibox is maintain by the brand(Xiaomi) itself.
However, all updates will still go through Google's QA/QC approval before releasing to end user via Google's server.
The stupid TM customer service agent send my report to the technician eventhough I have clearly mentioned that send the report to their product department πŸ˜‘ I wonder why those working at TM are sooooo stupid. They does not even know who is Incharge of what 😑 the technician called me just now at 1.25pm and told me that he was assigned to look into my report. Then I told him what's the issue and even he was wondering why he was assigned with the report. He then told me that he will inform to their network department. Product department, network department I don't know how are they doing their job. Can launch new products but could not support the software updates. Really bodoh this TM.
juzmafia
post May 4 2021, 03:33 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(John42 @ May 4 2021, 03:24 PM)
The stupid TM customer service agent send my report to the technician eventhough I have clearly mentioned that send the report to their product department πŸ˜‘ I wonder why those working at TM are sooooo stupid. They does not even know who is Incharge of what 😑 the technician called me just now at 1.25pm and told me that he was assigned to look into my report. Then I told him what's the issue and even he was wondering why he was assigned with the report. He then told me that he will inform to their network department. Product department, network department I don't know how are they doing their job. Can launch new products but could not support the software updates. Really bodoh this TM.

I wholeheartedly agree to this..

I've totally gave up on them & was lucky to move to different ISP..

Try to bring this matter to MCMC..
Make noise about this issue since u guys are paying for the box not all users got it free..

Scissorshand
post May 4 2021, 03:52 PM

Regular
1,223 posts

QUOTE(John42 @ May 3 2021, 03:16 PM)
Good luck in getting security patch for atv boxes unless it is nvidia shield
juzmafia
post May 4 2021, 04:25 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ May 4 2021, 03:52 PM)
Good luck in getting security patch for atv boxes unless it is nvidia shield
Unifi Plus Box is Google certified product not normal AOSP. It is one of the requirements by Google that their certified partners released updates to their devices for two or three years.

Other than Shield TV there are also other certified box receive firmware updates like Tivo 4K, Dynalink, Mibox & etc..

This post has been edited by juzmafia: May 4 2021, 04:26 PM
John42
post May 4 2021, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(juzmafia @ May 4 2021, 03:33 PM)
I wholeheartedly agree to this..

I've totally gave up on them & was lucky to move to different ISP..

Try to bring this matter to MCMC..
Make noise about this issue since u guys are paying for the box not all users got it free..
Nah I have already lodge MCMC report previously due to their unifi TV app low picture quality issue. They never bother to look into the issue and keep blaming me 😑. Since day 1 the box is connected through Cat5e Lan cable and they said I connect the box through WiFi πŸ˜‘. At last I claim rebate and got RM 171 which is good to offset the box purchase πŸ˜‰. I don't watch unifi TV but since its there I couldn't bear with the low picture quality. So if anyone depend on Unifi TV app I would say just subscribe Astro atleast their picture quality is so much better than the lousy UnifiTV.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th May 2021 - 03:39 PM