Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

205 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

IamAHuman
post Jan 8 2019, 11:23 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 8 2019, 10:26 AM)
2011 passat cc 2.0
Oh... contis! Usually, they are last very long as their battery is located at the boot area and not engine bay.

My beemer is now 6 years and still going strong! (I hope! haha)
overfloe
post Jan 8 2019, 12:03 PM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

none of my batteries lasted more than 2 years.. lol..
aloy88
post Jan 8 2019, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

Ram car , 3 years original preve battery !
Century sucks !
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 8 2019, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Jan 8 2019, 12:03 PM)
none of my batteries lasted more than 2 years.. lol..
There was a time Century batteries used to last just until the warranty was over, until I found this forum. Sifting through countless posts it's soon apparent that proper care & maintenance is required to maintain the state of health over a longer duration.

Since putting things into practice I've managed to prolong the Century battery to the 4 year mark compared to all previous Century batteries in the past.

The idea of this thread is to collect data to identify batteries that generally last more than 4 years, however having said that I still would want to change battery once it reaches the 4 year mark due to various other reasons.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jan 8 2019, 12:50 PM
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 8 2019, 12:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jan 8 2019, 10:43 AM)
Battery technology has taken a huge leap recently. Many of you experienced batt life of less than 2 years. Well there are new & better batts in the market now. It all how much you want to pay.

New batts are EFB & AGM

AGM is the best and could cost $2k+. These could last 7years or more!
Thank you very much for such invaluable information. Never knew that battery had made such leap in technology. Will keep an eye out for EFB & AGM batteries. 👍🏻
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 8 2019, 12:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 8 2019, 10:57 AM)
no, i didnt insulate, everything is kept stock on the car...but its good to have insulation as you mentioned, especially our hot weather here, which kills battery life faster.

From my personal experience battery sold here are just lower in quality and spec, hence in average local battery last only about 2 years.

When i use to live in US, most of the batteries came with 3-5 years warranty, they hardly die
Hi VeeJay,

The US 3-5 years Warranty, does that apply to states like Hawaii & southern Florida too ?
overfloe
post Jan 8 2019, 01:33 PM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 8 2019, 01:44 PM)
There was a time Century batteries used to last just until the warranty was over, until I found this forum. Sifting through countless posts it's soon apparent that proper care & maintenance is required to maintain the state of health over a longer duration.

Since putting things into practice I've managed to prolong the Century battery to the 4 year mark compared to all previous Century batteries in the past.

The idea of this thread is to collect data to identify batteries that generally last more than 4 years, however having said that I still would want to change battery once it reaches the 4 year mark due to various other reasons.
i guess one of the contributing of my short battery life is the need to switch on the lights when traveling to work and home as well as start-stop traffic.
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 8 2019, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Jan 8 2019, 01:33 PM)
i guess one of the contributing of my short battery life is the need to switch on the lights when traveling to work and home as well as start-stop traffic.
Since you wrote about Start-Stop, does this feature the Start-Stop button reduces the battery lifespan too ?
VeeJay
post Jan 8 2019, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 8 2019, 12:59 PM)
Hi VeeJay,

The US 3-5 years Warranty, does that apply to states like Hawaii & southern Florida too ?
Sorry mate no idea on Hawaii but any state, its pretty much the same since the carrier and the brand is the same, hence the warranty even oem brand like AAA (similar to our AAM) also has 6 years of warranty

QUOTE(overfloe @ Jan 8 2019, 01:33 PM)
I grew up as mandatory headlights, hence, i had always turned my lights during my drive. During drive, the supply comes from alternator and not the battery. battery comes to play during startup and when idle for a long time.
janggutbiru
post Jan 8 2019, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

i tot most car battery can last is around 2 years
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 8 2019, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(janggutbiru @ Jan 8 2019, 02:28 PM)
i tot most car battery can last is around 2 years
That's what I thought too until I showed 2 individuals the Century battery that lasted for 4 years. That's what they would like us to think, but we really have to think out of the box !
Valentino46
post Jan 9 2019, 06:00 AM

On my way
638 posts

yokohama,century,bosch all lasted 2 or less than 2 years in my experience,there's once a capalang brand that lasted me 4 years+ in my kelisa
zyde
post Jan 9 2019, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

anyone using AMARON? heard the battery lasted for 4 yrs +
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 9 2019, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(zyde @ Jan 9 2019, 09:54 PM)
anyone using AMARON? heard the battery lasted for 4 yrs +
I've heard that Amaron lasts for a solid 7 years. Yeah I going to try Amaron out on my next purchase, once my newly purchase Century expires in 4 years time or any other Century that expires.
senscents
post Jan 10 2019, 12:20 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 8 2019, 12:44 PM)

How do you prolong your battery life. Mind to share your battery maintenance procedure ? Tq
TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 10 2019, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Jan 10 2019, 12:20 AM)
How do you prolong your battery life. Mind to share your battery maintenance procedure ? Tq
That's a very good question that needs a well thought & laid out answer. Will reply you again once I've straightened out my thoughts.

Warning ⚠️ I am no battery expert but since I've managed to hit the 4 year mark, now I want to try hitting the 7 year mark for battery lifespan. If that possible, I could increase the replacement battery period from 3 years to 5 years before the battery dies out.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jan 10 2019, 09:56 AM
exeon
post Jan 10 2019, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Jan 10 2019, 12:20 AM)
Battery FAQ
2.WHAT CAUSES CAR BATTERY TO DIE QUICKLY?
Too Many Short Drives: If you are always taking short drives, this may be the causing your battery life to end too soon. If you keep on starting and stopping your car before your alternator has time to recharge, this would account for the reason why your car battery keeps dying and isn't last as long as it should.

Faulty Charging System: The battery is charged by an alternator(driven by a belt from the engine). If there is something wrong with the system, your car battery could be dying too soon.

Extreme Hot Temperatures: Hot weather can drain the life out of your car's battery. Build-up of lead sulfate crystals can occur when leaving your vehicle in high temperature for too long.The sulfate build-up can shorten the life of your battery and increase the amount of time it needs to be recharged.

Vibration: Vibrations from rough travel or a poorly-secured battery can shake loose or damage the plates.

TSRoman Catholic
post Jan 10 2019, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(exeon @ Jan 10 2019, 11:03 AM)
TQ 'exeon' for Battery FAQ.

Never heard of vibration being an issue before but I reckon it should be with the hazardous chemical inside. A real big problem.
exeon
post Jan 10 2019, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 10 2019, 11:36 AM)
TQ 'exeon' for Battery FAQ.

Never heard of vibration being an issue before but I reckon it should be with the hazardous chemical inside. A real big problem.
Haha I gained knowledge too after reading this.
senscents
post Jan 10 2019, 06:10 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 10 2019, 09:54 AM)
That's a very good question that needs a well thought & laid out answer. Will reply you again once I've straightened out my thoughts.

Warning ⚠️ I am no battery expert but since I've managed to hit the 4 year mark, now I want to try hitting the 7 year mark for battery lifespan. If that possible, I could increase the replacement battery period from 3 years to 5 years before the battery dies out.
Since you are the few, that can achieve longer battery life of >4 years, Pls do share your maintenance. Thanks

205 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:32 AM