Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

199 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> OnePlus 6/6T Discussion Thread V2, The Speed You Need / Unlock the Speed (OnePlus)

views

shiningace
post Sep 8 2018, 06:20 PM

Casual
360 posts

Btw, for those who are worried about the battery health and r rooted, go dl battery charge limit (root) from play store, u can set your charging limit so u won't so called complete the cycle thingy
funny duck
post Sep 8 2018, 07:37 PM

#Icebear for President
694 posts

Im using celcom, so far okay tho.
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 08:52 PM

35 posts

Eiraku how do you mod Ringke to reduce rainbow effect?
TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 09:46 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(jessicat90 @ Sep 8 2018, 08:52 PM)
Eiraku how do you mod Ringke to reduce rainbow effect?
I stuck translucent carbon fiber sticker to the back of the clear PC panel of the Ringke itself, and also to the other side just for good measure lol. Doesn't really matter that it's not entirely clear now coz my OP6Av back has a CF pattern anyway.

The logos still show through somehow though, even if it's not entirely "clear" anymore, so I'm pretty okay with the end result.

Here's how it looks like post mod:
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 8 2018, 09:59 PM
tarbana90
post Sep 8 2018, 09:59 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(shiningace @ Sep 8 2018, 06:00 PM)
Celcom signal won't stick. U mobile gps lost? Hahaha
Yup previously dint stick but happened recently. Gps no problem.
funny duck
post Sep 8 2018, 10:08 PM

#Icebear for President
694 posts

QUOTE(wo0ho0o @ Sep 8 2018, 07:55 PM)
A6000 or a6003
A6000
prabjit93
post Sep 8 2018, 10:34 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 8 2018, 05:55 PM)
Celcom also? Hmmm... hmm.gif
QUOTE(wo0ho0o @ Sep 8 2018, 06:08 PM)
Celcom??
Mine only with U Mobile. With Digi works perfectly fine.
vernon91
post Sep 8 2018, 11:02 PM

Maki-chan
4,458 posts

QUOTE(wo0ho0o @ Sep 8 2018, 10:29 PM)
So a6000 less problem in malaysia hmm.gif
My A6003 MY set has no problem with Celcom and XOX

Maybe it depends on location hmm.gif

This post has been edited by vernon91: Sep 8 2018, 11:04 PM
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 11:27 PM

35 posts

Eiraku It seems it requires translucent sheet to reduce the transparency. Thanks.
durrrr
post Sep 9 2018, 12:48 AM

48 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 8 2018, 04:22 PM)
If you want a case like that, get the Otterbox commuter lol. It has the best chance of protecting your phone against... err... your son. Also, consider the UAG, Poetic Guardian and the Supcase UB Pro.

For "almost as good" protection with a thinner profile, get the Spigen Rugged Armour (when folks like me mention Spigen, this is the one). Heck, there's a review of it right above this post. Personally I've gotten into more then a few bumps and bruises with the Spigen on (including a screen first dive onto a tar road) and it's been doing its job so far.

Keep in mind though, that most of these cases have THICC lips and thus might not be compatible with "full cover" TGSPs (except maybe the Guardian, which is advertised to fit Poetic's full-cover TGSP).
Seller bundled with free likgus casing which looks very similar to Spigen. Maybe is ciplak version. Heard of it? Any comments?
Attached Image

I also got free tempered glass. Not sure if I'm gonna install it..worry I will f up. Haha.
TSEiraku
post Sep 9 2018, 01:34 AM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(durrrr @ Sep 9 2018, 12:48 AM)
Seller bundled with free likgus casing which looks very similar to Spigen. Maybe is ciplak version. Heard of it? Any comments?
Attached Image

I also got free tempered glass. Not sure if I'm gonna install it..worry I will f up. Haha.
This particular case design goes by many "brand" names lol, and have existed pretty much as long as the ori Spigen has, but it isn't all bad.

I got two of these from AliEx back during my Honor 8 days to replace my stretching Ori Rugged (yeah the Ori Spigen does get a bit loose after a year or so of use). They're a bit thinner and less ergonomic (less curvy) then the Ori, but the back brushed finish is pretty good for grip TBH. Overall not bad considering it's a lot cheaper.

Also, IINM this one supposedly works fine with "full cover" TGSPs, unlike the Ori one... though consequently it does lose a lot of the lip that makes the Ori so darned good in my books.

That said, I do think it's more than fine for "normal use" and upgrading to an Ori isn't really necessary. If you feel you NEED more protection, the Otterbox/UAG/Guardian/UB Pro is a better way to go IMHO.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 9 2018, 06:59 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 9 2018, 01:39 AM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(jessicat90 @ Sep 8 2018, 11:27 PM)
Eiraku It seems it requires translucent sheet to reduce the transparency. Thanks.
If you're still looking for a clear back, check out the Supcase Beetle. That one might work a bit better. Skip the iPaky version though, it's pretty shit overall.

Also, if you DON'T have a wrapped back glass, do give the Sedio Optik clone (it's called the Capas Transparent Case over yonder in AliEx) I reviewed a try. Imma thinking it loses a lot of lip clearance simply because of the wrap I've got on, but if shouldn't be too bad if you don't.

Why? Because somehow the back has almost ZERO rainbow-ing, even with my glossy back wrap on.

shiningace Sorry I must have missed your question but yeah, I have the ClearPlex applied ONLY on the back glass. If you have a steady hand and more patience, I'd recommend ordering from Gadget Wraps or Skinomi however - they're both a bit cheaper (for what is essentially the same thing) but require self-installation.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 9 2018, 07:09 AM
shiningace
post Sep 9 2018, 08:37 AM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 9 2018, 01:39 AM)
If you're still looking for a clear back, check out the Supcase Beetle. That one might work a bit better. Skip the iPaky version though, it's pretty shit overall.

Also, if you DON'T have a wrapped back glass, do give the Sedio Optik clone (it's called the Capas Transparent Case over yonder in AliEx) I reviewed a try. Imma thinking it loses a lot of lip clearance simply because of the wrap I've got on, but if shouldn't be too bad if you don't.

Why? Because somehow the back has almost ZERO rainbow-ing, even with my glossy back wrap on.

shiningace Sorry I must have missed your question but yeah, I have the ClearPlex applied ONLY on the back glass. If you have a steady hand and more patience, I'd recommend ordering from Gadget Wraps or Skinomi however - they're both a bit cheaper (for what is essentially the same thing) but require self-installation.
I'm looking for a tempered glass now, but couldn't find one in the shops nearby, even from direct d and 1 gadget. Maybe will be trying from taobao. If I'm using say sandstone case, can I still use full covered tg?
Seng89
post Sep 9 2018, 10:48 AM

Regular
1,524 posts

That was fast šŸ˜€

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Lon3Rang3r00
post Sep 9 2018, 01:40 PM

Casual
370 posts

Saw Rhinoshield Oneplus 6 Video, but how much does it cost if to order directly from Rhinoshield?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihW1IVpYquY
lopiop
post Sep 9 2018, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Guys is ivon vooc dash charger legit? Anybody tried?
TSEiraku
post Sep 9 2018, 03:33 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(Lon3Rang3r00 @ Sep 9 2018, 01:40 PM)
Saw Rhinoshield Oneplus 6 Video, but how much does it cost if to order directly from Rhinoshield?
Cases or protectors? The cases are legit (if not without their issues: the Solid Suit has slightly crappy buttons and rattly self activating alert slider... and the bumper thingy doesn't play nice with wraps).

The protectors though, eyyy it depends. The impact one is basically a more expensive X-One with a lifetime replacement warranty (and shipping is slower of course). So if you're patient (and if Rhino authorises a replacement more then twice), it can work out to be rather economical depending on how many times you claim replacements.

The a glass one? Seems to be a rebranded Orzly or something - but is otherwise the same drill as above. Free replacements if it breaks (and if Rhinoshield thinks it falls under the scope of their "lifetime guarantee").

As for cost? Shipping is about USD10-20 last I checked. So yeah a bit steep once you factor that in, though.

lopiop It's that one in the "copper" coloured boxes right? Single port, cheapo (kinda) car USB that claims to do Dash? If so I think someone already tested and yeah it's working.

Personally I recommend the Baozu one more though as it is has an extra USB but eyyy it's also pricier.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 9 2018, 07:36 PM
TSOM
post Sep 9 2018, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

will the price go down after the release of OnePlus 6T??
prabjit93
post Sep 9 2018, 04:52 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(Lon3Rang3r00 @ Sep 9 2018, 01:40 PM)
Yes Iā€™m using myself. Cost me Rm141.73 with promo code back2school. The offer ended already I think.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
lopiop
post Sep 9 2018, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(TSOM @ Sep 9 2018, 04:22 PM)
will the price go down after the release of OnePlus 6T??
Yes of course

199 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0779sec    2.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 02:24 PM