Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

202 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> OnePlus 6/6T Discussion Thread V2, The Speed You Need / Unlock the Speed (OnePlus)

views

TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 12:56 AM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

And now case (mini-)review time:

Attached Image
MoKo Twill OEM:
+ Very nice feel of the patterned back
+ Side pattern/holes makes it very grippy (as does the patterned back)
+ Strap hole provided
+ Slider cutout perfect
+ Camera cutout protected well
+ Sloped FPS access
+ Seems to have enough side clearance for Official TG

- Buttons a bit less tactile then Spigen, better then the Sedio below though
- Front lip very minimal (with my vinyl-backed 6, it's pretty much non-existent with a TGSP on)

+- Feels a bit less protective, probably due to it being a bit on the thin side (comparable to the Ori TPU case).

Attached Image
Sedio Optik OEM:
+ Side roughened surface = grippy
+ Back dot pattern eliminates A LOT of the "rainbow effect", while not getting in the way of clarity too much (fairly important, even the Ringke had to be modded to achieve this)
+ Cam cutout protected well
+ Enough clearance (side) for Official TG
+ Corner bumper molding seems nice for shock absorption

- Buttons less tactile, worse then MoKo Twill
- Slider cutout is more like the Ringke V2 (aka, not really good) vs the Moko/Spigen
- FPS cutout isn't sloped (but I haven't had much issues using it nonetheless)
- Front lip very minimal (again, + my vinyl back its pretty much zero with a TGSP)

+- Smooth TPU, which means it's slippery to dry fingers and grippy to wet ones.
+- No strap hole (not necessarily important, it is to me though)

Annnnd with that, unfortunately I'll have to ditch both of these and go back to my trusty Spigen, and my anti-rainbow modded Ringke.

Why? The lack of lip for the screen on both is just too much for me TBH (the Spigen and Ringke has plenty of it), though it might just be my ClearPlex back protector as it adds a tiny bit of thickness to the OP6 - probably leading to the zero lip situation.

A bit miffed I bought 2 of each, even if they were (very) cheap on AliEx... when I actually only have one each of my "preferred" cases lol.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

With that, I close this review post with a pix of the cases involved (and mentioned) in this mini-review.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 8 2018, 03:58 AM
shiningace
post Sep 8 2018, 06:47 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 7 2018, 06:33 PM)
Hmm, funky. I'd think the 6k would have these types of issues TBH due to the missing 3 bands (and stuff), though I've yet to encounter them myself...

... not that I'm using both SIM slots pun.

Celcom also?
One is celcom, one is yoodo which is using celcom network. Maybe it's a celcom thing?
tahfeikei
post Sep 8 2018, 08:50 AM

4EVER2NDKELAS
853 posts

it seems the 6T will have a triple rear cameras......this is really sad....first the notch, now this multicamera trend......think i'll look for a regular phone with stock android ( android one )

one more extra rear camera=chance to increase price!

This post has been edited by tahfeikei: Sep 8 2018, 09:04 AM
shiningace
post Sep 8 2018, 09:23 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 8 2018, 12:56 AM)

U were using clearplex screen protector? Just on the back side?
durrrr
post Sep 8 2018, 10:13 AM

48 posts

Just bought the OP6. Expecting to receive it today. Can't wait any more so fuck the 6T. Whatever improvement/feature coming on the 6T is just stupid. Haha.

Jokes a side, anyone using the OP6 red silicon case? Any reviews? Although its kinda pricey for me, I would get it if its good. Good meaning if my son throws my phone on the floor, it wouldn't crack. Haha. Or any other recommendations is appreciated.
LovelyPotato
post Sep 8 2018, 10:41 AM

Casual
435 posts

Is there any shop around Cheras/KL area that have OnePlus 6 on display? I want to try to hold it and play around with the phone
boboke
post Sep 8 2018, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(LovelyPotato @ Sep 8 2018, 10:41 AM)
Is there any shop around Cheras/KL area that have OnePlus 6 on display? I want to try to hold it and play around with the phone
Yes me too, been buying on-line without testing the phone few times before and regretted it. Any shop that have display unit?
lopiop
post Sep 8 2018, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

Those looking for powerbank search for mopoer, support vooc (output 5v 4a)
lopiop
post Sep 8 2018, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 8 2018, 12:56 AM)

Attached Image
MoKo Twill OEM:
+ Very nice feel of the patterned back
+ Side pattern/holes makes it very grippy (as does the patterned back)
+ Strap hole provided
+ Slider cutout perfect
+ Camera cutout protected well
+ Sloped FPS access
+ Seems to have enough side clearance for Official TG

- Buttons a bit less tactile then Spigen, better then the Sedio below though
- Front lip very minimal (with my vinyl-backed 6, it's pretty much non-existent with a TGSP on)

+- Feels a bit less protective, probably due to it being a bit on the thin side (comparable to the Ori TPU case).

Attached Image
Sedio Optik OEM:
+ Side roughened surface = grippy
+ Back dot pattern eliminates A LOT of the "rainbow effect", while not getting in the way of clarity too much (fairly important, even the Ringke had to be modded to achieve this)
+ Cam cutout protected well
+ Enough clearance (side) for Official TG
+ Corner bumper molding seems nice for shock absorption

- Buttons less tactile, worse then MoKo Twill
- Slider cutout is more like the Ringke V2 (aka, not really good) vs the Moko/Spigen
- FPS cutout isn't sloped (but I haven't had much issues using it nonetheless)
- Front lip very minimal (again, + my vinyl back its pretty much zero with  a TGSP)

+- Smooth TPU, which means it's slippery to dry fingers and grippy to wet ones.
+- No strap hole (not necessarily important, it is to me though)

Annnnd with that, unfortunately I'll have to ditch both of these and go back to my trusty Spigen, and my anti-rainbow modded Ringke.

Why? The lack of lip for the screen on both is just too much for me TBH (the Spigen and Ringke has plenty of it), though it might just be my ClearPlex back protector as it adds a tiny bit of thickness to the OP6 - probably leading to the zero lip situation.

A bit miffed I bought 2 of each, even if they were (very) cheap on AliEx... when I actually only have one each of my "preferred" cases lol.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

With that, I close this review post with a pix of the cases involved (and mentioned) in this mini-review.

Attached Image
I tried the spigen rugged armor with the orzly tempered glass, doesn't fit well because the spigen has a big lip on the top and the tempered glass will bubble at the upper right hand corner. With the oneplus nylon case no issue though
ALBK
post Sep 8 2018, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Mid valley 2nd floor Yes 4g shop got demo unit. If u want a place that u can test without promoter keep talking to u, go to All IT @ ikano

This post has been edited by ALBK: Sep 8 2018, 12:22 PM
TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 12:28 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(lopiop @ Sep 8 2018, 11:50 AM)
I tried the spigen rugged armor with the orzly tempered glass, doesn't fit well because the spigen has a big lip on the top and the tempered glass will bubble at the upper right hand corner. With the oneplus nylon case no issue though
Hows the screen lip on the Nylon? Might consider getting one if the lip is up to par.
lopiop
post Sep 8 2018, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 8 2018, 12:28 PM)
Hows the screen lip on the Nylon? Might consider getting one if the lip is up to par.
Nylon lip is quite flush with the orzly tempered glass. I think the problem with the spigen is the lip covers more of the top bezel compared to the bottom bezel.

Nylon case doesn't give much grip though
TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 12:49 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(lopiop @ Sep 8 2018, 12:41 PM)
Nylon lip is quite flush with the orzly tempered glass. I think the problem with the spigen is the lip covers more of the top bezel compared to the bottom bezel.

Nylon case doesn't give much grip though
Uuh, that sounds a bit insufficient to me though lip wise. Guess I'll stick with the Spigen even if I have to stick with partial protectors.
tarbana90
post Sep 8 2018, 01:09 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Sep 7 2018, 06:33 PM)
Hmm, funky. I'd think the 6k would have these types of issues TBH due to the missing 3 bands (and stuff), though I've yet to encounter them myself...

... not that I'm using both SIM slots pun.

Celcom also?
Hmm.. it only start happening recently. When it was newer never had this issue even after the latest OTA update. Recently its happening very frequently and i thought it was celcom problem. Until i start toggle airplane mode on and off it managed to fix it temporarily.
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 02:05 PM

35 posts

Review of Spigen rugged armor phone case used together with Nillkin H+ Pro tempered glass screen protector

As others stated, Spigen case comes with bigger lips on the screen so only partial coverage SP can fit. Here are some pictures for the combination:

Overall view. Installed with the Spigen case on. The SP still can be used after >10x attempts to ensure not a single dust and lints lol, still can adhere well without bubbles. There is a tiny bubble at the bottom, where I used my finger nail to pry open the SP sweat.gif . I have moved SP slightly to the top, leaving more space at the lower lip. In hindsight, it should be placed lower so that you won't feel the gap if you are using gestures. For my situation, I could avoid the gap by starting gesture slightly above, no problem for me. I also ensure the left and right side are equally placed within the Spigen case.
Attached Image

The perfectly aligned slot for alert slider. I was struggling to get this Spigen or Ringke Fusion. After reviewing much websites regarding the updated version on both clear and smoke black clear case, there are still a few reviews stating the alert slider slot does not fit well, although the volume button does improve. Buttons with Spigen case work perfectly, feels crisp as well.
Attached Image

The bottom cut out, ample space for each port.
Attached Image

The thickness of the case surrounding the camera. The slanted surface of the case below the fingerprint sensor. Coming from the free clear case from OnePlus which gives more space below the fingerprint sensor, I need a little time to get used to this. The existing fingerprints still work well despite fingers will be placed at a more acute angle.
Attached Image

The gap between the Spigen case and the SP will collect dust.
Attached Image

I placed the SP as centre as possible within the Spigen case. It turns out the SP is around 1 pixel smaller on each side, which gives a fine line of rainbow-like colours along left and right edges if the screen is well-lit.
Attached Image

Personally I am satisfied with both case and SP despite the smaller size and dust, no a big problem for me.

TLDR:
Spigen rugged armour is functionally perfect. Nillkin H+ Pro as a partial coverage SP, fits into this case. SP horizontal dimension is slightly smaller than phone display (1 pixel each on left and right side) and dust collects between the SP and case lip.

TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 04:22 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(durrrr @ Sep 8 2018, 10:13 AM)
Just bought the OP6. Expecting to receive it today. Can't wait any more so fuck the 6T. Whatever improvement/feature coming on the 6T is just stupid. Haha.

Jokes a side, anyone using the OP6 red silicon case? Any reviews? Although its kinda pricey for me, I would get it if its good. Good meaning if my son throws my phone on the floor, it wouldn't crack. Haha. Or any other recommendations is appreciated.
If you want a case like that, get the Otterbox commuter lol. It has the best chance of protecting your phone against... err... your son. Also, consider the UAG, Poetic Guardian and the Supcase UB Pro.

For "almost as good" protection with a thinner profile, get the Spigen Rugged Armour (when folks like me mention Spigen, this is the one). Heck, there's a review of it right above this post. Personally I've gotten into more then a few bumps and bruises with the Spigen on (including a screen first dive onto a tar road) and it's been doing its job so far.

Keep in mind though, that most of these cases have THICC lips and thus might not be compatible with "full cover" TGSPs (except maybe the Guardian, which is advertised to fit Poetic's full-cover TGSP).

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 8 2018, 04:24 PM
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 05:36 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Sep 7 2018, 11:27 PM)
Did you guys notice how thick the Note 9 is with 4000 mah? There is no more space to squeeze the extra mah for now. I would prefer a thinner phone. 3300mah on oxygen could easily last me a day under normal usage.
8.8mm in Note 9, 7.8mm in OnePlus 6, dimension taken from gsmarena, I will still take 8.8mm lol
prabjit93
post Sep 8 2018, 05:54 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(tarbana90 @ Sep 7 2018, 05:30 PM)
Hi guys, anyone experience problem with 4g? Intermittently my signal will drop to E only. And need to toggle airplane mode on and off for it to revert back to 4g. Currently using celcom with international version
Yes I have this problem. Mine is A6000. Will stick on E or H+ sad.gif
TSEiraku
post Sep 8 2018, 05:55 PM

Geeking since 1985!
6,741 posts

QUOTE(prabjit93 @ Sep 8 2018, 05:54 PM)
Yes I have this problem. Mine is A6000. Will stick on E or H+ sad.gif
Celcom also? Hmmm... hmm.gif
shiningace
post Sep 8 2018, 06:00 PM

Casual
363 posts