Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

OnePlus OnePlus 6/6T Discussion Thread V2, The Speed You Need / Unlock the Speed

views

jessicat90
post Sep 7 2018, 08:37 PM

40 posts

Don't mind add more battery in exchange of a thicker phone
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 02:05 PM

40 posts

Review of Spigen rugged armor phone case used together with Nillkin H+ Pro tempered glass screen protector

As others stated, Spigen case comes with bigger lips on the screen so only partial coverage SP can fit. Here are some pictures for the combination:

Overall view. Installed with the Spigen case on. The SP still can be used after >10x attempts to ensure not a single dust and lints lol, still can adhere well without bubbles. There is a tiny bubble at the bottom, where I used my finger nail to pry open the SP sweat.gif . I have moved SP slightly to the top, leaving more space at the lower lip. In hindsight, it should be placed lower so that you won't feel the gap if you are using gestures. For my situation, I could avoid the gap by starting gesture slightly above, no problem for me. I also ensure the left and right side are equally placed within the Spigen case.
Attached Image

The perfectly aligned slot for alert slider. I was struggling to get this Spigen or Ringke Fusion. After reviewing much websites regarding the updated version on both clear and smoke black clear case, there are still a few reviews stating the alert slider slot does not fit well, although the volume button does improve. Buttons with Spigen case work perfectly, feels crisp as well.
Attached Image

The bottom cut out, ample space for each port.
Attached Image

The thickness of the case surrounding the camera. The slanted surface of the case below the fingerprint sensor. Coming from the free clear case from OnePlus which gives more space below the fingerprint sensor, I need a little time to get used to this. The existing fingerprints still work well despite fingers will be placed at a more acute angle.
Attached Image

The gap between the Spigen case and the SP will collect dust.
Attached Image

I placed the SP as centre as possible within the Spigen case. It turns out the SP is around 1 pixel smaller on each side, which gives a fine line of rainbow-like colours along left and right edges if the screen is well-lit.
Attached Image

Personally I am satisfied with both case and SP despite the smaller size and dust, no a big problem for me.

TLDR:
Spigen rugged armour is functionally perfect. Nillkin H+ Pro as a partial coverage SP, fits into this case. SP horizontal dimension is slightly smaller than phone display (1 pixel each on left and right side) and dust collects between the SP and case lip.

jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 05:36 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Sep 7 2018, 11:27 PM)
Did you guys notice how thick the Note 9 is with 4000 mah? There is no more space to squeeze the extra mah for now. I would prefer a thinner phone. 3300mah on oxygen could easily last me a day under normal usage.
8.8mm in Note 9, 7.8mm in OnePlus 6, dimension taken from gsmarena, I will still take 8.8mm lol
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 08:52 PM

40 posts

Eiraku how do you mod Ringke to reduce rainbow effect?
jessicat90
post Sep 8 2018, 11:27 PM

40 posts

Eiraku It seems it requires translucent sheet to reduce the transparency. Thanks.
jessicat90
post Sep 20 2018, 02:25 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(jay010 @ Sep 20 2018, 10:16 AM)
May I know which TGSP work best with Spigen Rugged casing?
I'm using Nillkin H+ Pro. You can check my review post for photo to check if the TGSP suits you.

Spigen rugged armour with Nillkin H+ Pro
jessicat90
post Sep 25 2018, 06:58 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(kehadapan @ Sep 25 2018, 09:57 AM)
after updated to pie

1. fingerprint scanner kinda slow abit compared to oreo.
2. if you use the oneplus gestures, the clear all app in icon in multitask page is missing (i love pie pills, but afraid of getting screen burn in)
How slow Fingerprint scanner will become?
jessicat90
post Oct 4 2018, 11:55 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(tolaktakjatuh @ Oct 4 2018, 09:31 AM)
Sometimes when i end a call, my display automatically changed to DCI-P3 mode although in the screen calibration setting, it still ticks at sRGB. Need to pick other mode and pick sRGB again to restore the color mode.

Anyone facing this on Pie?
No. I'm using sRGB as well and my situation is occasionally the screen becomes more contrast (not sure DCI-P3 or default) after unlocking the phone. It will return to sRGB after relock and unlock the phone.
jessicat90
post Oct 4 2018, 06:27 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Oct 4 2018, 12:32 PM)
would like to know, did anyone here come from ios environment? i wanna transfer all my whatsapp content from iphone to this op6. i guess there is no free solution, but at least a cheaper solution. because i saw this whatsapp manager cost USD30, its way too expensive.

do u guys have any cheaper solution for this? thanks
Wazzupmigrator as mentioned above. I used it myself while changing from iPhone 5s to OP6. Satisfied.
jessicat90
post Oct 15 2018, 07:49 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Oct 13 2018, 11:48 PM)
I literally can't use the normal Nav Bar anymore nowadays lol. Borrow people's phones keep on swiping to go back/home... brows.gif

And the nearly full span view? Priceless. It's also probably better for your OLED as there's less static UI elements to burn in... probably.

One tip, you don't actually have to pull up and hold that high to invoke the switcher. Even a short pull up and hold works too, and saves a bit of time.

However, gestures probably works better with the "old-style" vertical switcher than it does with the new horizontal one.
The OnePlus navigation lacks back to recent app as compared to pie nav though.
jessicat90
post Oct 15 2018, 10:11 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Oct 15 2018, 08:28 AM)
There's no quick way of doing it but pulling the recents gesture thrice (3x - the short pull method I described earlier helps make this faster) actually does "kinda-sorta" recent app switching - though doing it this way invokes the switcher for a second and is of course slower then the actual thing unfortunately.

Though you do lose the hold and pull Home to call up Assistant with no real way of replacing it besides Voice Activation (or making a shortcut to it in your Launcher - but again, no universal access).
I jus know this thrice gesture method. After testing a few times of this method with no 100% success, I notice I can do it with twice the gesture: short pull and hold to invoke app switcher, let go of the finger, then short pull and hold again while the app switcher is still on the screen. The phone will switch to the last app in the app switcher. Maybe it is a known method but I just discovered it. 😐

This post has been edited by jessicat90: Oct 15 2018, 10:56 AM
jessicat90
post Feb 13 2019, 08:39 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(cfyong2020 @ Feb 13 2019, 08:19 AM)
Erm..after I update using free vpn my play store, Gmail, YouTube only.showing white screen
No problem with me (OP6)
jessicat90
post Feb 17 2019, 04:03 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Feb 17 2019, 01:20 AM)
Wait, I meant to say how to prevent it from refreshing every times I switch back to previous apps.

It was still in the recent apps list but it will refresh
Maybe disable battery optimization for that app can help.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1292sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 AM