Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aster Residence Cheras by Amber Homes, 56m Linked Bridge to Tmn Connaught MRT Investment

views

TSFat3Twister
post Sep 6 2023, 12:03 PM

Regular
1,540 posts

QUOTE(augusta23 @ Sep 5 2023, 10:44 PM)
Sifus, Connaught One will be across the road. Their selling point is also the access to MRT station. Do you think CO can duplicate Aster's success?
CO is freehold and the selling price is a no brainer.
Aster was launched at +- 580psf while CO only 560psf, freehold by Tier 1 developer.
Whether CO can duplicate Aster's success really hard to say, by then Youcity 3, Emerald 9, Metro, Nexus all would be completed.
Rental wise i think should'nt be any problem. Capital gain i'm not so sure

This post has been edited by Fat3Twister: Sep 6 2023, 12:15 PM
Jagalat
post Sep 6 2023, 12:26 PM

(J)et L(ag) Ji(alat)
5,703 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 08:26 AM)
You assume much young Padawan. There’s so much criticism against so many developments that once in a while it’s nice to call out the good ones that are not super expensive.
So jadi masta, would you like to buy a unit here?
Cavatzu
post Sep 6 2023, 12:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,628 posts

QUOTE(Fat3Twister @ Sep 6 2023, 12:00 PM)
It's not super expensive if bought from developer.
Buying now will be around 650-700psf
That’s my point. How many projects do you know in the 500+ psf range recently VP actually appreciated? Multiple reviewers have come out and said this projects looks more “expensive” than what it costs.

Cavatzu
post Sep 6 2023, 12:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,628 posts

QUOTE(Jagalat @ Sep 6 2023, 12:26 PM)
So jadi masta, would you like to buy a unit here?
Why would I have to justify what I buy or not? I’m not a Cheras person so I wouldn’t have thought of this location. All I’m commenting on is the layout, design quality and the MRT proximity.
Chonloo13
post Sep 6 2023, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(Fat3Twister @ Sep 6 2023, 12:03 PM)
CO is freehold and the selling price is a no brainer.
Aster was launched at +- 580psf while CO only 560psf, freehold by Tier 1 developer.
Whether CO can duplicate Aster's success really hard to say, by then Youcity 3, Emerald 9, Metro, Nexus all would be completed.
Rental wise i think should'nt be any problem. Capital gain i'm not so sure
Personally think that tmn connaught is last part that close to city.. tmn suntex abit far from those happening place.. per sqft wise emerald 9 on the high side as well.
Jagalat
post Sep 6 2023, 01:12 PM

(J)et L(ag) Ji(alat)
5,703 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 01:38 PM)
Why would I have to justify what I buy or not? I’m not a Cheras person so I wouldn’t have thought of this location. All I’m commenting on is the layout, design quality and the MRT proximity.
Perhaps put it this way, what are other properties in your list with this price point and layout, design quality and the MRT proximity?

Cavatzu
post Sep 6 2023, 01:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,628 posts

QUOTE(Jagalat @ Sep 6 2023, 01:12 PM)
Perhaps put it this way, what are other properties in your list with this price point and layout, design quality and the MRT proximity?
I don’t shop at this price point. I look at the relative value of the development - if you paid 500 psf and you get 700 psf quality isn’t that a good thing?

Something like Southbrooks DPC comes to mind - sold at 600+ psf now like 900 psf subsale.

You got more than what you thought you’d get because we are all conditioned to believe that developers are money sucking leeches completely out to get you. And for many projects yes that is the case.
bryan_x00
post Sep 6 2023, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 09:07 AM)
Think at the lower scale of the budget nowadays, you have to accept living next to a take your pick - HTC, STP, cemetery, busy Highway, red light district etc. These apply to established areas unless you go somewhere greenfield.
Anything helpful to say? No? Kthxbye. If I was an agent, I’d make my mark being super sarcastic to all imbeciles.
So if not agent then how many units you holding?
em_on
post Sep 6 2023, 04:43 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 01:35 PM)
I don’t shop at this price point. I look at the relative value  of the development - if you paid 500 psf and you get 700 psf quality isn’t that a good thing?

Something like Southbrooks DPC comes to mind - sold at 600+ psf now like 900 psf subsale.

You got more than what you thought you’d get because we are all conditioned to believe that developers are money sucking leeches completely out to get you. And for many projects yes that is the case.
SB DPC for real? I remembered a youtuber posted that she rent abt 2k /mth there iinm
Cavatzu
post Sep 6 2023, 08:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,628 posts

QUOTE(em_on @ Sep 6 2023, 04:43 PM)
SB DPC for real? I remembered a youtuber posted that she rent abt 2k /mth there iinm
Outliers are just that. I don’t see this from the main property portals and general feedback. Feel free to write off something from a singular comment from a YouTuber without context.

This is why the Malaysian elections are this way. People believe everything they hear without further verification. God help us all. Simple minds seek simple explanations…
em_on
post Sep 6 2023, 08:35 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 08:15 PM)
Outliers are just that. I don’t see this from the main property portals and general feedback. Feel free to write off something from a singular comment from a YouTuber without context.

This is why the Malaysian elections are this way. People believe everything they hear without further verification. God help us all. Simple minds seek simple explanations…
Well, you can find in this forum the vid ,though I had taken it w a pinch of salt
Cavatzu
post Sep 6 2023, 08:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,628 posts

QUOTE(em_on @ Sep 6 2023, 08:35 PM)
Well, you can find in this forum the vid ,though I had taken it w a pinch of salt
Fine. The fact remains that DPC has created the perfect storm with expats and affluent locals chasing the properties simply because they provided a nice living environment and allowed dogs to roam around which is a rarity in this country. So the rule of supply and demand dictates that what is haram in one country is $$$ to some.

Anyway back to this development, no where near that level but a very good effort for a pocket Cheras development. We have so many to compare in the last 5 years so this stuck out not because I am an agent or have a vested interest. I shop in a different category but I recognise quality and effort when I see it.

This post has been edited by Cavatzu: Sep 6 2023, 08:49 PM
chuanyou
post Sep 6 2023, 11:39 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(Cavatzu @ Sep 6 2023, 08:47 PM)
Fine. The fact remains that DPC has created the perfect storm with expats and affluent locals chasing the properties simply because they provided a nice living environment and allowed dogs to roam around which is a rarity in this country. So the rule of supply and demand dictates that what is haram in one country is $$$ to some.

Anyway back to this development, no where near that level but a very good effort for a pocket Cheras development. We have so many to compare in the last 5 years so this stuck out not because I am an agent or have a vested interest. I shop in a different category but I recognise quality and effort when I see it.
Agree, have visited the project, it is well built for the given price. Give credit where credit are due
AskarPerang
post Oct 13 2023, 03:06 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

second lelong unit check in from here:

user posted image
AskarPerang
post Oct 21 2023, 03:49 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Oct 13 2023, 03:06 PM)
second lelong unit check in from here:

user posted image

This unit called off. Owner managed to save the unit.
But indeed once again at first round auction only, already got registered bidder willing to grab this unit.
Wow.
shaoching
post Jan 9 2024, 11:56 AM

On my way
674 posts

saw many bad review on their management office, especially with the rude guard issue. and some complain the parcel dropoff and food delivery are not convenience and user friendly there.
wondering developer side has any solution for it?
hope these can be prevent in their other projects.
michaelchang
post Jan 9 2024, 01:30 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(shaoching @ Jan 9 2024, 11:56 AM)
saw many bad review on their management office, especially with the rude guard issue. and some complain the parcel dropoff and food delivery are not convenience and user friendly there.
During AGM, vote for better JMB that will change the security and management company.Get the resident there to support you.

Usually bad management and rude security guard = employed via backdoor as they are related to JMB

In most condominium, the people that fight to be in JMB committee always have relatives or good friends that will bid for contracts ( cleaning, security, management, landscaping etc..)
TSFat3Twister
post Jan 9 2024, 11:25 PM

Regular
1,540 posts

I believe many owners here are quite happy with the management. Normally those who complained rude guards are those people who are against the house rules and got fined like simply parked at other people's parking lot then got clamped, entering the lift with wet clothes after swim etc. Kena fine then scolded the guards, then say the guards are rude.

This post has been edited by Fat3Twister: Jan 9 2024, 11:25 PM
ck2chan
post Jan 17 2024, 11:43 AM

Regular
1,991 posts

QUOTE(shaoching @ Jan 9 2024, 11:56 AM)
Ok only the guard. Will tell visitor how go up the visitor parking at upstairs.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 AM