Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
197 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

views

deodorant
post Jan 20 2018, 09:16 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Jan 20 2018, 12:42 AM)
Something for V11 thread
biggrin.gif
Some tutorial in case someone needed  brows.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

RegentCid you are MrQ??!?
RegentCid
post Jan 20 2018, 10:14 AM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Jan 20 2018, 08:16 AM)
RegentCid you are MrQ??!?
brows.gif
Lynixx
post Jan 20 2018, 11:13 AM

Gooner
1,837 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Jan 20 2018, 12:42 AM)
Something for V11 thread
biggrin.gif
Some tutorial in case someone needed  brows.gif

18sx laugh.gif
deodorant
post Jan 20 2018, 02:30 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Jan 20 2018, 10:14 AM)
brows.gif

Now I need to worry whenever surfing youtube on living room TV, whether this type of video will be "suggested for you" or under "watch again"
Then moi wife will give me evil eyes
doh.gif

btw any comments on where is gooding in Tokyo to eat Wagyu on weekday night? At the moment I have reservation for ginza ukai-tei
and on waiting list for Oniku Karyu. Not sure if there are other better places (that are possible for gaijin to get reservations for without having any hotel concierge ...)
midnightsunray
post Jan 21 2018, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Anyone knows if Tsukiji Market's outer area will be closed as well for April 2018? I went for the tuna auction in 2016 but I didn't manage to spend much time exploring the entire market. I heard that there is good pork katsu don (aside from just sushi and sashimi) at the outer area.

Also, is it best to change to Japanese Yen now or wait till cherry blossom season? Since I'm going to Tokyo early April, I feel that I can wait for the ringgit to climb higher against the Yen first but I would love some of your opinions.

Thanks!
TSsweet_pez
post Jan 21 2018, 01:02 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(midnightsunray @ Jan 21 2018, 08:24 AM)
Anyone knows if Tsukiji Market's outer area will be closed as well for April 2018? I went for the tuna auction in 2016 but I didn't manage to spend much time exploring the entire market. I heard that there is good pork katsu don (aside from just sushi and sashimi) at the outer area.

Also, is it best to change to Japanese Yen now or wait till cherry blossom season? Since I'm going to Tokyo early April, I feel that I can wait for the ringgit to climb higher against the Yen first but I would love some of your opinions.

Thanks!
Tentative news said relocation happening in 2018 Sept-October.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2017/10/2...d/#.WmQehHPmhnE

English translation at the bottom of article.

And no one can speculate the exchange rate for yen. Its good price now so suggest that you change some to keep.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Jan 21 2018, 01:03 PM
shirley_andy
post Jan 21 2018, 01:12 PM

VR Hardware Solution Provider
2,624 posts

Can any please help me with info on USJ?

Understand that Happy Porter World only allows up to a number of visitor at one time so "Timed Entry" need to be booked.

1. Does this applied to other parts of the park as well?
2. If I don't wanna book timed entry in advance (as I don't fix my visiting date), I need to book it on the day I arrive at the park right, but I can only book it once I enter the park right? cuz its a booth within the park, not same as the entrance ticketing booth.
3. How long is each "timed entry" session? Is it like one session in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening, one at night? with each session is an hour? but what if different time of the day has different events happening in HP park?
4. If I'm correct on item 2, since I'm going in April, so must be super peak, better to get VIP band to enter the park before official opening so I can get to the timed entry booking booth to make booking first?

Thanks so much
tohff7
post Jan 21 2018, 07:32 PM

FF7 GOAT
1,559 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Jan 21 2018, 01:12 PM)
Can any please help me with info on USJ?

Understand that Happy Porter World only allows up to a number of visitor at one time so "Timed Entry" need to be booked.

1. Does this applied to other parts of the park as well?
2. If I don't wanna book timed entry in advance (as I don't fix my visiting date), I need to book it on the day I arrive at the park right, but I can only book it once I enter the park right? cuz its a booth within the park, not same as the entrance ticketing booth.
3. How long is each "timed entry" session? Is it like one session in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening, one at night? with each session is an hour? but what if different time of the day has different events happening in HP park?
4. If I'm correct on item 2, since I'm going in April, so must be super peak, better to get VIP band to enter the park before official opening so I can get to the timed entry booking booth to make booking first?

Thanks so much
When are you going in Apr? Mid-April and during weekdays are fine.

There is a difference with Express Pass and Timed Entry. Express Pass let you cut queue and use the shorter express lane.

AFAIK, timed entry tickets are only used for Harry Potter area in order to limit the crowds entering there. Once you enter, there is no time limit to how long you can stay inside.

What you can do is arrive early in the park and RUN straight to the Harry Potter area first. Most likely you will still able to go in before they closed it. If it’s already close, then you will need to get the timed-entry ticket and select your time.

Once you are in, go straight for the ride first and leave sight-seeing later. It only took me like 30mins to queue.

shirley_andy
post Jan 21 2018, 08:17 PM

VR Hardware Solution Provider
2,624 posts

QUOTE(tohff7 @ Jan 21 2018, 07:32 PM)
When are you going in Apr? Mid-April and during weekdays are fine.

There is a difference with Express Pass and Timed Entry. Express Pass let you cut queue and use the shorter express lane.

AFAIK, timed entry tickets are only used for Harry Potter area in order to limit the crowds entering there. Once you enter, there is no time limit to how long you can stay inside.

What you can do is arrive early in the park and RUN straight to the Harry Potter area first. Most likely you will still able to go in before they closed it. If it’s already close, then you will need to get the timed-entry ticket and select your time.

Once you are in, go straight for the ride first and leave sight-seeing later. It only took me like 30mins to queue.
I'm going in between 8 to 14 April, I would want to avoid purchasing the VIP band (comes with ticket to Harukas 300 and earlier access to USJ Park to book timed entry) as to purchase it I need to fix my visiting date, I want to be flexible with my itinerary if possible.

Do you think it'll be crowded during the weekdays of 9th to 13th April? If can't be avoided, I'll just go ahead and fix my visiting date on 13th (Friday) to purchase the VIP band.

Lynixx
post Jan 21 2018, 11:59 PM

Gooner
1,837 posts

Is there any web sites which i can purchase express tickets for USJ?

I have checked kkday. They not selling express tickets on the day i’m going.
KcX35
post Jan 22 2018, 11:30 AM

ㄨㄨ
2,327 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Jan 21 2018, 11:59 PM)

klook ?
squidsquid
post Jan 22 2018, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Anyone withdrew money via atm in japan? I tried the one in Lawson stores and they did show about 106 yen for every 10k yen withdraw but I am unaware of the additional charges by our local counterparty here. Im using maybank.

Thanks for quick replies!
tohff7
post Jan 22 2018, 01:48 PM

FF7 GOAT
1,559 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Jan 21 2018, 11:59 PM)

Just look at the list of travel agencies available in MY

https://www.usj.co.jp/e/travel/
Lynixx
post Jan 22 2018, 03:02 PM

Gooner
1,837 posts

QUOTE(KcX35 @ Jan 22 2018, 11:30 AM)
klook ?
check before...also not available sad.gif

QUOTE(tohff7 @ Jan 22 2018, 01:48 PM)
Just look at the list of travel agencies available in MY

https://www.usj.co.jp/e/travel/
thanks alot,will check on that later wink.gif
Jet23sky
post Jan 22 2018, 03:35 PM

Love is Peace~~~~~
1,339 posts

Hi Guys, I remember last year I came this thread to share my travel literary. Now I need to finalize hotel etc for the golden week on first week of May.

I will be traveling to Tokyo with my wife for 14 days. Due to the fact that departure and arrival are in Tokyo. Hence we decided to travel straight to Osaka from Tokyo once we reach Airport. And travel from Osaka slowly towards back to Tokyo.

Here is the distribution of the travel

1 day Nara
2 day Osaka
1 day USJ ( With fast pass )
3 days Kyoto
5 days Tokyo
- One day Mount Fuji
- One day Akihabara shopping
- One day Disney sea
- One day temple hopping
- One day Shibuya and Shinjuku

Still have 2 more days available. Any place I can slot into the schedule? For example, 5+1 for Tokyo or 2 +1 for Osaka?

FYI, we do not eat beef, so I do not think there is a need to go Kobe.
swn525
post Jan 22 2018, 03:45 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 22 2018, 03:35 PM)
Hi Guys, I remember last year I came this thread to share my travel literary. Now I need to finalize hotel etc for the golden week on first week of May.

I will be traveling to Tokyo with my wife for 14 days. Due to the fact that departure and arrival are in Tokyo. Hence we decided to travel straight to Osaka from Tokyo once we reach Airport. And travel from Osaka slowly towards back to Tokyo.

1 day Nara
2 day Osaka
3 days Kyoto
5 days Tokyo
        - One day Mount Fuji
  - One day Disney sea
  - One day temple hopping

Still have 2 more days available. Any place I can slot into the schedule? For example, 5+1 for Tokyo or 2 +1 for Osaka?

Arima hot spring
himeji with castle
nagoya
tohff7
post Jan 22 2018, 04:20 PM

FF7 GOAT
1,559 posts

1 day Nara
2 day Osaka
3 days Kyoto
5 days Tokyo
        - One day Mount Fuji
  - One day Disney sea
  - One day temple hopping

Tokyo part
- spend 1 additional day in Mount Fuji area (i.e. Hakone + Lake Kawaguchiko)
- day trip to Nikko
- Day trip to Kurobe Alpine Route (not really recommended though biggrin.gif)

Btw, better check further with experts here since you are going there during Golden Week. Best to avoid travel far during that time since train will be super-packed. Queuing time can be very long also
sacwoc
post Jan 22 2018, 04:38 PM

Casual
306 posts

1 day Nara
2 day Osaka
3 days Kyoto
5 days Tokyo
        - One day Mount Fuji
  - One day Disney sea
  - One day temple hopping

Not sure which exact date you will reach Tokyo, the transport to Osaka will be jam pack for Golden Week. So better to get your flight/train/bus tickets early.
As for other places:

Karuizawa
Izu Peninsula
Yokohama
Enoshima

FYI, Kobe is not only about beef. Just that the beef are breed there. In fact, if you are in Japan, Matsuzaka beef are of higher class than Kobe Beef.
Jet23sky
post Jan 22 2018, 04:40 PM

Love is Peace~~~~~
1,339 posts

QUOTE(sacwoc @ Jan 22 2018, 04:38 PM)
Not sure which exact date you will reach Tokyo, the transport to Osaka will be jam pack for Golden Week. So better to get your flight/train/bus tickets early.
As for other places:

Karuizawa
Izu Peninsula
Yokohama
Enoshima

FYI, Kobe is not only about beef. Just that the beef are breed there. In fact, if you are in Japan, Matsuzaka beef are of higher class than Kobe Beef.
The date will be 28th April Arrive Tokyo Narita, the same day will take train to Osaka.
TSsweet_pez
post Jan 22 2018, 04:51 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

I think you'll need to allocate at least

- 1/2 day for travelling from Tokyo -> Osaka and check-in luggage.
- 1/2 day for travelling from Kyoto -> Tokyo and check-in luggage.

So that's basically 1 day gone. You're only left with 1 extra day.

I agree there's more to Kobe than the beef, check out the place and where you can visit. Just like how I always tell people there's more to Odaiba than only the Gundam.

197 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0298sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:58 PM