Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

views

sacwoc
post Jan 3 2018, 10:32 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Blood_Bastard @ Jan 3 2018, 06:57 AM)
hi all, i'll be heading to jpn on the 16th of january. 10 days, i have already paid for accommodation and disney theme parks ticket. probably will visit ramen museum/cup noodle museum, but not any other theme parks. ive changed 205000 jpy now, will that be enough? for food and train tickets. will only stay in tokyo. light shopping maybe too
If its only for you, it will be more than enough. However, if its for 10 people you will barely survive.
sacwoc
post Jan 4 2018, 01:36 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(~mingwei~ @ Jan 4 2018, 01:22 PM)
Hi, Anyone taken a flight route like this? Your opinion, how risky it will be? As the stopover is below 3 hours, any delay will jeopardized my connecting flight. Any advise will be appreciated. Tq
Since if its the same airline you should be fine as you dont need to check out/in. Furthermore 2 hours is more than enough. I have done numerous connecting flights (though not with VN) that are about an hour apart. Normally if there is a slight delay, there will be staff waiting for you at the gate to rush you to the connecting flight. However if you are really one of the unlucky ones, better check with VN what's next.
sacwoc
post Jan 9 2018, 09:31 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Jan 9 2018, 07:46 AM)
guys i have a concern here,

example i check-out this hotel in umeda for another hotel in kyoto,after few days later back from kyoto,i will be staying hotel in namba.

so my question is are we allowed to put our luggage at hotel umeda before depart to kyoto? because it's abit hassle to carry luggage around.
Normally they wont allow you to keep your bags overnight, but never hurt to ask. Question is, why do you need to change hotel??? Where you are going is basically accessible by trains.
sacwoc
post Jan 9 2018, 10:04 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Jan 9 2018, 09:41 AM)
because my gf wants to stay at umeda and namba  laugh.gif
That is a very valid reason! smile.gif

sacwoc
post Jan 9 2018, 11:41 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(AveoHzq @ Jan 9 2018, 11:32 AM)
Hey guys, have anyone had experience with Gotogate and Japan Airlines?

It seems i cant do web check in for my flight with JAL, the flight is tomorrow.

Based on the seat selection page, i see the flight is almost full already means others have checked in, but i cant?

Should i be concerned?
What error message are you getting? JAL web check in is normally 24hours before your departure. So if you flight is tomm night, there is still more than 24 hours.
sacwoc
post Jan 10 2018, 12:15 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(jeyakumar @ Jan 10 2018, 09:46 AM)
Hi friends,

Am traveling to Nishishinjuku Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo for work for 1 week. Am a bit worried because I am strict Indian vegetarian (no egg, no meat, no animal flesh). I have been trying to find on google for Indian vegetarian restaurants there but does not seem like anything within Nishishinjuku Shinjuku-ku area. I think my next option is to buy raw ingredients in supermarket. I am wondering if anyone of you has been to this place and if you have any advice on this. Thanks!

Also just to confirm, 2017, Malaysian passport doesn't need to get visa to enter Japan right?
Previously I have an Indian Boss who have the same diet as you. Normally he would just bring food for home. Once in a blue moon he will go to Indian restaurants and ask them for pure vegetarian. Some do actually understood the request. However I dont have the shops name but I know its definitely not Nishishinjuku,
sacwoc
post Jan 12 2018, 10:28 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(jo3y30 @ Jan 12 2018, 08:45 AM)
Hi guys, anyone from Sabah experience buying JRPASS 7 days from KLOOK?  I m from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I heard that Klook will not send the ticket to Sabah. Thanks in Advance.
Get first hand information - write or chat directly with Klook! From experience, their response is very fast. Also if they say no issue but in the end you did not get the ticket, at least you can claim from them saying your customer service say its possible. smile.gif
sacwoc
post Jan 22 2018, 04:38 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 22 2018, 03:35 PM)
Hi Guys, I remember last year I came this thread to share my travel literary. Now I need to finalize hotel etc for the golden week on first week of May.

I will be traveling to Tokyo with my wife for 14 days. Due to the fact that departure and arrival are in Tokyo. Hence we decided to travel straight to Osaka from Tokyo once we reach Airport. And travel from Osaka slowly towards back to Tokyo.

Here is the distribution of the travel

1 day Nara
2 day Osaka
1 day USJ ( With fast pass )
3 days Kyoto
5 days Tokyo
        - One day Mount Fuji
  - One day Akihabara shopping
  - One day Disney sea
  - One day temple hopping
  - One day Shibuya and Shinjuku

Still have 2 more days available. Any place I can slot into the schedule? For example, 5+1 for Tokyo or 2 +1 for Osaka?

FYI, we do not eat beef, so I do not think there is a need to go Kobe.
Not sure which exact date you will reach Tokyo, the transport to Osaka will be jam pack for Golden Week. So better to get your flight/train/bus tickets early.
As for other places:

Karuizawa
Izu Peninsula
Yokohama
Enoshima

FYI, Kobe is not only about beef. Just that the beef are breed there. In fact, if you are in Japan, Matsuzaka beef are of higher class than Kobe Beef.
sacwoc
post Jan 22 2018, 05:18 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 22 2018, 04:40 PM)
The date will be 28th April Arrive Tokyo Narita, the same day will take train to Osaka.
Peak of the travelling season......better to arrange transport as early as possible. Also train stations will be full to the brim as well
sacwoc
post Jan 23 2018, 12:03 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 23 2018, 11:04 AM)
Guys, just a quick update for my plan. Yesterday I went to get more information in JR Railway Cafe in Singapore which they provide free service for advice and JR ticket purchase ( USJ and Dsineyland as well ).

1) According to this Japanese Lady I approached. Golden week is the second highest peak in the entire year. ( Top highest peak is end of the year ). Hence, either from Tokyo to Osaka or Osaka to Tokyo will be very packed. It's unlikely I will be able to get seat during the JR travel, unless I get one way ticket. ( Which required to make the seat reservation and collect ticket in Japan and cannot be purchase online ).

2) It seems like taking flight is much cheaper than taking JR railway. SGD200+ for flight with maximum luggage weight of 40kg per person. Here is my updated itinerary.

28th April - 8am Arrive Narita Airport, Tokyo
              - 12:45pm Depart at Narita Airport, Tokyo
              - 2:15pm Reach Kansai Airport, Osaka

29th April - Nara
30th April - USJ
1st May - Osaka
2nd May - Osaka
3rd May - Kansai
4th May - Kansai
5th May - Kansai
6th May - 7:45am/2:05pm Depart at Kansai Airport, Osaka
            - 8:55am/3:25pm Arrive at Narita Airport, Tokyo
7th May - Disney SEA
8th May - Shibuya and Shinjuku
9th May - Mount Fuji
10th May - Akibahara
11th May - Temple Hopping ????
12th May - 5:05pm Depart at Haneda Airport, Tokyo

She told me that there is no difference for foreigner between the temple in Tokyo and Kyoto. She suggested me to skip the temple hopping in Tokyo instead.
For the 6th May, I'm not sure which flight time is good. Do you all able to advise me?

If skipped the temple hopping. What else I can replace? For Mount Fuji, I can travel there in the morning, stay one night there, the next day morning will go back Tokyo. So I guess just one day is sufficient
Taking flight is actually a better option as a few LCC, like Vanilla and Peach are flying from Narita to Kansai. These flight are flying of from T3 and there are free shuttle buses between T1, T2 and T3.

As for 6th May, of course earlier the better, which gives you more time to explore Tokyo. From Narita to the city center will take you about an hour. Assuming you have checked in baggage, you should be reaching the city between 10:30-11am - just nice for lunch.
sacwoc
post Jan 23 2018, 02:22 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 23 2018, 01:29 PM)
10th May - Nope. Going to stay maybe half day in Akihabara. I will look into those places that you suggested.

11th May - Good idea, do you think allocating this xtra day for Osaka or Tokyo better?

12th May - Which part in Tokyo you think is better to stay? Cause I hope I can stay the place which night lift is quite lively. Like Wongkok in Hong Kong.
Thanks! I will take the early morning for better time allocation
You mean you havent got a hotel on the 12th only or for all your stay in Tokyo? Better get it early as it gets more expensive closer to your date. But you cannot compare to Mongkok (been there last night) which is pretty much for shopping. In Japan most shops closes quite early - 8 or 9pm except some pharmacies. However if you are talking to night life night pubs, drinking, etc, then Shinjuku or Shibuya.
sacwoc
post Jan 23 2018, 02:52 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 23 2018, 02:38 PM)
to tell you the truth. We just book the APA hotel for Tokyo only. Haven't been able to book the Osaka area yet. Its free cancellation though, so I'm just wondering there is any other suitable area for stay in Tokyo. Just like if travel to KL, usually people will stay in KL central area, but people won't think of staying in Titiwangsa right.  laugh.gif
APA hotel is a very basic business hotel and if you are not so particular it will be fine. Small and clean and most are near train station. There so many in Tokyo, which one did you booked? Even in Shinjuku itself, I think there are 2-3 or even more. It actually depends very much on your budget and also you cannot compare KL to Tokyo. smile.gif There are so many big cities in Tokyo, and you cannot actually pin point what is central area. Also everywhere is pretty much connected via train. Besides Shinjuku and Shibuya, you also have Tokyo Station, but its more of a business district. You can also think of Shinagawa or Ikebukuro as mention by sweet_pez. In the end, it depends very much on your budget.
sacwoc
post Jan 24 2018, 02:32 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 24 2018, 01:56 PM)
Haha. That's the problem. I prefer to have xtra day for Tokyo, but my wife loves it to be in Osaka. So you know lah~~~ haha
This want fully understood. If want a peaceful and nice holiday, I know who will win liao.

I will look into Ikebukuro area via airbnb. I believe for Mount Fuji stay, there should be airbnb around that area as well right?
Got it. Based on google map, I think Ikebukuro is better place to stay as Shinagawa seems like there is a distance to the main city area. My wife is starting to think of getting AirBnB room. She managed to get room from airbnb for Osaka stay. It will be near Namba station. Hopefully it is a good location.
In Japan, you dont look at distance but connectivity. Shinagawa if one of the main station in Japan where there is shinkansen stop and also connections to airports. That is also a reason why its more of a business center compare to Ikebukuro. Microsoft have a nice office there. smile.gif.

For Mount Fuji, where exactly are you refering too? You are not climbing the mountain right?
sacwoc
post Jan 24 2018, 03:04 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 24 2018, 02:34 PM)
For Mount Fuji, so far we just want to view the best scene of Mount Fuji. Won't be going for mountain climbing. I heard that Kawaguchiko is the best lake view from all ( Correct me if I'm wrong ). Not sure whether you both have any better itinerary suggestion in Mount Fuji for a day?
THere are a few places that you can view Mount Fuji, even in Tokyo. You can go to Shinjuku Metropolitan Building to have a nice view as well and its free.

If you want a more natural surrounding than Kawaguchiko is nice if weather permits. Why not pay a bit more and find a private onsen in Kawaguchiko. Relax and chill for a day before you go back to the hustle and bustle of Tokyo. smile.gif. Cannot give you itinerary though. My experience with mount fuji involve climbing it and also viewing it from my previous office practically everyday.
sacwoc
post Jan 25 2018, 11:17 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jan 25 2018, 10:46 AM)
Hahahahaha well done thumbsup.gif

Your arrival @ Narita at 9am, plus passing through immigration & luggage collection, finding your way, taking train/ bus - i think easily you'll arrive estimated 1-2pm. Check-in hotel, freshen up and place your luggage then explore, I think easily 3pm ady? There's few things you can do since it's pretty late. It gets dark early, so at you'll have to prioritize which place you wish to visit in the evening.
Its a domestic flight, so no immigration. Luggage collection in Narita is quick as well. Transport to Ikebukuro will be the longest. smile.gif
sacwoc
post Jan 25 2018, 11:18 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jan 25 2018, 10:46 AM)
Hahahahaha well done thumbsup.gif

Your arrival @ Narita at 9am, plus passing through immigration & luggage collection, finding your way, taking train/ bus - i think easily you'll arrive estimated 1-2pm. Check-in hotel, freshen up and place your luggage then explore, I think easily 3pm ady? There's few things you can do since it's pretty late. It gets dark early, so at you'll have to prioritize which place you wish to visit in the evening.

Next morning make the most use of it, since you only have 3-4 hours before checking out.
Your full guide: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html

Also, Akihabara is big but I believe you also have time to visit another 1-2 place(s) as well.
You have bought your ticket from Osaka-narita? As its domestic flight you can actually fly to Haneda which is much nearer to the city.
sacwoc
post Jan 25 2018, 11:24 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jan 25 2018, 11:18 AM)
Eh yah wor... I kept thinking it's international flight! You're right, ETA at Kawaguchiko should be earlier then!
Domestic flight is actually very fast when to check in and check out. Like taking a train, especially if you dont have any luggage. Done a lot of one day business trip and normally I arrive 30mins before the flight time. As transport in Japan is so reliable, I can really plan my time well.
sacwoc
post Jan 29 2018, 12:23 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Jan 29 2018, 12:06 PM)
Ic. Initially i thought of exchange some USD for emergency, thought that will get better rates.
Can i change MYR in Japan?

Thanks.
Its very difficult to find a shop that do except MYR. As this is for emergency use, you should not think about the rates. You can also use your credit card or just bring more yen.
sacwoc
post Jan 29 2018, 03:39 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Jan 29 2018, 02:37 PM)
3.55 or 3.87
If you go exchange rate store at Japan...1 USD still 100 Yen

They also need profit....either profit more or less only.
As far as I know, its not fix rate anymore. You go to any exchange sites you will see the history of JPY-USD rates. Even if you go to store in Japan, they will show you the exchange rate like any other currency. In fact I have exchange JPY -USD few years back when I travel from Tokyo to NY and it always follow the exchange rate.
sacwoc
post Jan 29 2018, 05:09 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Jan 29 2018, 04:04 PM)
Talking about Credit card, honestly most restaurants don't accept this except probably luxury restaurants. All required cash in to the food ordering machines.

So much different from other countries and even in South Korea, I can use cc in most shopping malls' food courts. So convenience.

In Australia, small restaurants also accept cc & samsung pay all the way..not in Japan
Not very true actually. Acceptance of CC in restaurants are pretty high actually. Lots of normal restaurants are accepting it, except those mum and pop shops and restaurants that uses a vending machine. My lunch while I was in Japan mostly in the range of 800 yen to 1300yen, and most do accept credit card. Convenience store are also accepting CC as well.

But then Japan still cannot compare to Korea. Its still quite a cash base society though it is slowly changing.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1553sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:28 PM