Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Review & Setup - Xiaomi DaFang IP Cam (Guide)

idoblu
post Oct 19 2017, 10:07 PM, updated 2 months ago

stars for sale
Group: Senior Member

For full size photos please right click on the image and select "Open Image at New Tab or Window on Desktops computers or zoom in on smart devices
user posted image

Reviewing the new Xiaomi Dafang 1080p IP Cam. This is the bigger brother to the XiaoFang reviewed earlier.
The DaFang lives up to its name and is twice as big as the XiaoFang

Includes in the package is a USB power adaptor with Type A flat prongs. Also a long USB Cable. I noticed that the head of the microUSB is rather small in order to fit the XiaoFang and Dafang. If you need to replace it in the future, you got to get back a small size microUSB head in order to fit.

Firmware Versions -
5.5.1.161 - when bought
5.5.1.177 -
5.5.1.197 1st Nov 2017
5.5.1.200 3rd Nov 2017

Bottom view of DaFang -
user posted image

Setting it up is similar to XiaoFang.
- Download the MiHome app and select Add Device.
- Select the DaFang from the photo list of devices offered by Xiaomi
- Press the Setup button at the bottom of DaFang
- When you hear the voice prompt, click “Wait until you hear a voice prompt” then select “Next” on the app
- Select the Wi-Fi network and enter the Wi-Fi password (it selects the network that your device is connected to. To change network, change it on your device) 5Ghz wireless is not supported. It can connect to Guest network which I used to limit it.
- Then it will take a few minutes to connect.
- The led indicator on the front of DaFang will turn solid blue when it is connected

At My Devices list, DaFang should now show “Device Online”. Clicking this will open up the live view.
user posted image

Sometimes it cannot connect and it stays at "1/3 Connecting" forever -
user posted image

If successfully connected, you will see the live feed and also few options to choose from.
Some of them are self explanatory as I already labelled it so I won't go thru them.
user posted image

Toggle wide or fullscreen
Set video quality High or Low
Manually Take a Photo
Manually Record a Video
Expand View - turn landscape and expand to cover your whole screen
Menus - selecting this opens a new menu with 5 icons (see photo below with explanation)

user posted image

Live Recordings - Show the live view recordings according to the time. These are save inside the microSD card.
Time Lapse - Recordings of these are saved at the "List of Photo, Video & Time Lapse" menu (see below). There are some settings as well which I havent play with yet.
Tracking Mode - turns On/Off motion tracking
360º Pan - pans the camera every 90º left and right. This function can also work together with Motion Tracking mode. Both must be selected to do this. On mine, I select both Motion Tracking and 360º Pan to be On
Calibrate - moves the camera around like its calibrating itself
Standby - puts the camera on standby mode. You can wake it up by pressing it again.

Selecting the three dots at the top right corner opens up the Camera Setting Menu as below
user posted image

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jul 7 2018, 07:54 AM
idoblu
post Oct 19 2017, 10:07 PM

stars for sale

List of Motion Alarm recordings - if you had set the Motion Alarm to On, a list of such recordings are listed here. They need to be downloaded from the server in order to view. Speed seems much faster now than before when I was testing the XiaoFang. Motion Alarm Videos can be viewed and downloaded even when your DaFang is offline.

user posted image

List of still Photos, Videos, Time Lapse - Manually taken photos and videos as well as Time Lapse video are stored here. Make sure you enable read/write permission for your smartphone before this can work.
user posted image

Camera Settings - see explanation below
user posted image

1 - set Auto Record On/Off. You can also set to record at certain time but it doesnt seem to work. You must have a microSD card inserted for this to work
2 - Turns On/Off Motion Alarm Detection. You can set 3 levels of sensitivity and also turn ON/Off Smoke and CO Alarm Detection
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

3 - Turns on the IR light to Auto, Always On, Always Off. Mine is set to Auto
4 - Turns your Live View to either Widescreen or Fullscreen
5 - If you selected Fullscreen above, then you must turn on this screen justification so that none of the time stamp will get cut off
6 - Toggle Flip Image incase you mount your DaFang upside down
7 - Turn on/off time and date stamp
8 - Status Light Indicator - turn on or off the LED indicator on the front of DaFang
9 - laboratoryView.text.title - selecting this will reveal 3 functions (see explanation further down)
user posted image

10 - Format card (not shown in photo above)
11 - Video Storage Settings - pressing this doesnt seem to open anything (not shown in photo)

motion detect frame - If its On, a yellow frame will appear around the detected moving object
user posted image
set pan speed - slide the slider to set how fast you want to manually pan
user posted image

crazily pan and tilt the camera - no idea what is this for, maybe to test its movement
user posted image

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jul 7 2018, 08:45 AM
idoblu
post Oct 19 2017, 10:08 PM

stars for sale

General Settings -
user posted image

Device Name - you can name your device
Manage Locations - shows you which wifi SSID you are connected to and also lets you put your device in a Group ( in this case they called it Rooms)
Share Device - lets another smart device to use the cam. They must have their own Xiaomi account unless you want to share yours. Btw you can use your ID to login to two devices or more.
Automation - haven’t test
Check for firmware updates - mine is 5.5.1.177 (i read one YouTuber says not to update if possible)
Additional Settings - set password
Add to Home Screen - for Apple users to add an icon to their Home Screen. Actually does the same thing as the MiHome App
Remove Device - delete this device from your MiHome app

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jul 7 2018, 07:43 AM
idoblu

stars for sale

reserved - final thoughts (later when I test it some more)

- if you have older firmware than 5.5.1.177, please do not update until you tried all the functions and are happy with it
- can use power bank to power DaFang
- cannot manually take still photos anymore (i think latest firmware took away this feature)
- cannot manually take live videos (firmware?)
- cannot set when you want to start and stop recording (again I think because of latest firmware)
- ran it whole day and overnight with motion tracking and 360º panning on. It doesnt seem to heat up the cam or the power adapter. Both cool to the touch, not even a little warm thumbsup.gif
- runs quietly. You can't hear the motor unless you are sitting right next to it. The sound is mostly from the whirring of the motion tracking movement. Panning is almost silent thumbsup.gif
-

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 21 2017, 12:18 AM
idoblu

stars for sale

Sample Videos

At night with lights turned on. First only 360º Panning was turned on. Then Motion Tracking was turned on for you to see the effect.
Please note that this is what you would see on your smartphone and not the saved recordings made by DaFang

Now with the lights off. DaFang is using its IR led to recording in the dark

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 21 2017, 12:06 AM
blurjoey
post Oct 19 2017, 11:59 PM

Sumo Hammy!

The motion tracking is really cool... I'm also testing the Dafang now... Much better than the Yi Dome cam...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Oct 20 2017, 12:04 AM
ryder_78
post Oct 20 2017, 07:45 AM

Regular

Nice and detailed review. Certainly looks professional and will be useful to those who show interest in either the Xiaomi Dafang or Xiaofang.

It would be good if there is a short comparison on the differences between the Dafang and Xiaofang. So far we can see the Dafang is a larger box than the Xiaofang. WHat are the other technical differences between the two, for example Dafang can take clearer photos or videos, have better features etc. or other differences.

idoblu
post Oct 20 2017, 07:50 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(ryder_78 @ Oct 20 2017, 07:45 AM)
Nice and detailed review. Certainly looks professional and will be useful to those who show interest in either the Xiaomi Dafang or Xiaofang.

It would be good if there is a short comparison on the differences between the Dafang and Xiaofang. So far we can see the Dafang is a larger box than the Xiaofang. WHat are the other technical differences between the two, for example Dafang can take clearer photos or videos, have better features etc. or other differences.
can consider them the same spec but Dafang has pan and tilt plus auto track. forget about xiaofang. almost the same price, better get dafang
fkinmeng
post Oct 20 2017, 10:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

great review, will help me in thinking if i should get 1 in the future, currently using xiaofang.

Sometimes it cannot connect and it stays at "1/3 Connecting" forever -

i always face this with my xiaofang with unifi, but if i use data, no issue. maybe unifi slow to china server? my locale is mainland china.

did you try night mode? so far how is it?

and dafang is almost same price with xiaofang? where did you buy?

idoblu
post Oct 20 2017, 10:23 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Oct 20 2017, 10:17 PM)
great review, will help me in thinking if i should get 1 in the future, currently using xiaofang.
i always face this with my xiaofang with unifi, but if i use data, no issue. maybe unifi slow to china server? my locale is mainland china.

did you try night mode? so far how is it?

and dafang is almost same price with xiaofang? where did you buy?
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=Dafang
bought it here for 98 with 3 months warranty

yes wait for my night mode video soon.

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 21 2017, 12:43 AM
mintgadget
post Oct 20 2017, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

this camera hangs a lot. i have to keep rebooting it. already updated to the latest firmware. more than 15 restarts since 3 weeks turned on. wonder can it be flashed like the previous gen to support in NAS
idoblu
post Oct 20 2017, 10:36 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(mintgadget @ Oct 20 2017, 10:30 PM)
this camera hangs a lot. i have to keep rebooting it. already updated to the latest firmware. more than 15 restarts since 3 weeks turned on. wonder can it be flashed like the previous gen to support in NAS
what do you mean by "hang"? cant connect or ? cam stopped panning?
mintgadget
post Oct 20 2017, 10:39 PM

Getting Started

cannot connect the blue light keeps blinking after some time it is on. the only way to reconnect is restart it
Skylinestar
post Oct 22 2017, 09:58 AM

Mega Duck

Looks like this cam is damn buggy
ryder_78
post Oct 22 2017, 12:15 PM

Regular

Thanks for the videos. Much appreciated. Just watched the 480p and it's good enough - clear images which are most important.

Good to know that the Dafang will be the one to get.
skywardsword
post Oct 22 2017, 02:43 PM

Casual

I agree you get what u pay for.
fkinmeng
post Oct 22 2017, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!

night mode seems good, but macam got connection error? hmm.gif
idoblu
post Oct 24 2017, 09:26 PM

stars for sale

looks like some of the menus has been changed today. app looks a bit different now.

my 2nd unit came in today with firmware 5.5.1.161 - it doesnt look or do anything different. just some minor changes

5.5.1.161 -
user posted image

5.5.1.177 -
user posted image

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 24 2017, 09:33 PM
hhtoh88
post Oct 29 2017, 11:54 AM

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation of the set-up menu. It has helped me tremendously. i was struggling for the last few weeks trying to set this up correctly. My camera was zooming left and right and I really didn't know what to do. A million thumbs up for you !!!!

Does anyone know if we can mount Da Fang upside down on the ceiling?

This post has been edited by hhtoh88: Oct 29 2017, 11:57 AM
tosousa41
post Oct 29 2017, 08:25 PM

Group: Newbie

hi, i make the update and now don't connect in 3G/4G....

how to downgrade firmare? now have 5.5.1.177
idoblu
post Nov 1 2017, 11:09 AM

stars for sale

new firmware available now - 5.5.1.197

I cant get in at all with the new firmware update
but my other Dafang with the old firmware is still okay....
if this happens just fully power off and switch back on again.

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 2 2017, 07:49 AM
MajinJoko
post Nov 1 2017, 04:43 PM

Dear @idoblu,
thank you so much for your work! It helps me a lot with the Dafang!
Even if I can't connect from 4G, I can set up the motion alerts and receive notifications.

I would like to add two other screens that can be used to set up the motion alerts:

https://thumb.ibb.co/eosTTG/884b0392_605b_4...b6b760370f7.jpg
https://thumb.ibb.co/dt5RFw/39fff6ad_bc9b_4...b982fcca96a.jpg

I'm sorry but I am not able to give you a full preview..
idoblu
post Nov 2 2017, 07:39 AM

stars for sale

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 2 2017, 07:48 AM
idoblu
post Nov 2 2017, 07:53 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(MajinJoko @ Nov 1 2017, 04:43 PM)
Dear @idoblu,
thank you so much for your work! It helps me a lot with the Dafang!
Even if I can't connect from 4G, I can set up the motion alerts and receive notifications.
I would like to add two other screens that can be used to set up the motion alerts:
<a href='https://thumb.ibb.co/eosTTG/884b0392_605b_4f88_96e0_2b6b760370f7.jpg' target='_blank'>https://thumb.ibb.co/eosTTG/884b0392_605b_4...b6b760370f7.jpg </a>
<a href='https://thumb.ibb.co/dt5RFw/39fff6ad_bc9b_4bb4_bac8_8b982fcca96a.jpg' target='_blank'>https://thumb.ibb.co/dt5RFw/39fff6ad_bc9b_4...b982fcca96a.jpg </a>
I'm sorry but I am not able to give you a full preview..
ok i added the screenshot for the motion alarm settings. thank you thumbsup.gif
no problem connecting with 4G but yes you would need Wifi for Dafang to send you the live feeds

This post has been edited by idoblu: Nov 2 2017, 07:59 AM
idoblu
post Nov 2 2017, 07:59 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(tosousa41 @ Oct 29 2017, 08:25 PM)
hi, i make the update and now don't connect in 3G/4G....

how to downgrade firmare? now have 5.5.1.177
try turning it off and on back.
idoblu
post Nov 2 2017, 08:01 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(hhtoh88 @ Oct 29 2017, 11:54 AM)
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation of the set-up menu. It has helped me tremendously. i was struggling for the last few weeks trying to set this up correctly. My camera was zooming left and right and I really didn't know what to do. A million thumbs up for you !!!!

Does anyone know if we can mount Da Fang upside down on the ceiling?
you're welcome

you would need some kind of tripod mount with a flat surface with some holes so you could screw it down to your ceiling. i havent seen such thing though
idoblu
post Nov 3 2017, 07:58 PM

stars for sale

new firmware available again 5.5.1.200
btjunkster
post Nov 3 2017, 08:09 PM

Has anyone tried the new firmware?
idoblu
post Nov 3 2017, 08:12 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(btjunkster @ Nov 3 2017, 08:09 PM)
Has anyone tried the new firmware?
i dare not try. today is not a good day for me...lol
being having lots of network problems
hhtoh88
post Nov 4 2017, 10:02 AM

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 2 2017, 08:01 AM)
you're welcome

you would need some kind of tripod mount with a flat surface with some holes so you could screw it down to your ceiling. i havent seen such thing though
Thanks. I think we can improvise to hang it upside down. I'm just worried if the motor or other mechanism can tahan given that it has to support the weight of the camera.

Is there a xiaomi customer service we can ask?
crunchie
post Nov 4 2017, 05:53 PM

My cam came with .177 firmware and was working fine on 802.11n with 100% signal.

Updated to .197 and now it mainly fails to connect and it seems to crash if you press any directional buttons...

It also now causes it to fail to do a 360 rotation on startup ( it turns to the right then grinds when it turns to face the power cable and doesn't turn left.

I then managed to update to .200 and so far it seems to be back to normal apart from the startup rotation.

I can rotate 360 manually. So .197 appears to be a bad update but .200 fixes it.

If I update the Mihome app from within the app itself though I seem to lose to ability to see the full cam controls.
It has an "enter device " button that does nothing

To get it working again, remove the app, install Mihome from play store again, clear cache and data ( otherwise it won't work)
Login again , wait a moment the camera will reappear.

Edit: seems WiFi range is terrible unless in same room as router. Other devices in room I want the camera have 85% signal but the dafang camera won't work there.

This post has been edited by crunchie: Nov 4 2017, 07:28 PM
idoblu
post Nov 18 2017, 07:10 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Alastor @ Nov 17 2017, 10:49 PM)
where can i buy it?
Shopee is cheapest
ILECHZ
post Nov 22 2017, 06:04 PM

Casual

how you guys hand ontop of wall etc? mind sharing?
idoblu
post Nov 22 2017, 06:13 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(ILECHZ @ Nov 22 2017, 06:04 PM)
how you guys hand ontop of wall etc? mind sharing?
Easier to set it on top of some shelves or table
It will probably cost you more than DaFang itself just to get the right mounting gear to hang on ceiling or wall
-Aktan-
post Nov 25 2017, 09:49 AM

2.6b dah masuk bro

Hi idoblu i realized many less satisfactory reviews on lazada for dafang vs xiaofang...

Is xiaofang relatively easier to set up than dafang? Or both the same?

On dafang seller page, saw some complaints about complication in setting up the device.

Xiaofang currently RM65 cheapest; Dafang is about RM95
Just need a camera to monitor old family member at home...
Thanks, hope to receive your reply soon.
idoblu
post Nov 25 2017, 11:04 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Nov 25 2017, 09:49 AM)
Hi idoblu i realized many less satisfactory reviews on lazada for dafang vs xiaofang...
Is xiaofang relatively easier to set up than dafang? Or both the same?

On dafang seller page, saw some complaints about complication in setting up the device.
Xiaofang currently RM65 cheapest; Dafang is about RM95
Just need a camera to monitor old family member at home...
Thanks, hope to receive your reply soon.
bos, just get the Dafang. Setting up is the same for both except Dafang can pan and track. I feel Dafang is more useful because of this
Setting up is not a problem - just follow my guide. Problem is connecting. Sometimes it refuse to connect to show you a live view
-Aktan-
post Nov 25 2017, 11:22 AM

2.6b dah masuk bro

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 25 2017, 11:04 AM)
bos, just get the Dafang. Setting up is the same for both except Dafang can pan and track. I feel Dafang is more useful because of this
Setting up is not a problem - just follow my guide. Problem is connecting. Sometimes it refuse to connect to show you a live view
Thanks for helping out..

Managed to book one dafang rm91. Not sure if the seller will cancel my order or honor it. Let's hope for the best..
idoblu
post Nov 25 2017, 11:24 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Nov 25 2017, 11:22 AM)
Thanks for helping out..

Managed to book one dafang rm91. Not sure if the seller will cancel my order or honor it. Let's hope for the best..
you can also get it locally - i bought two from this local seller -
https://shopee.com.my/product/18695082/578373859/
MoonRider
post Nov 28 2017, 09:32 PM

It's Me That Sound Cute

always hang my xiao fang ..any tips? keep showing connecting but not able to view..need to restart then work
knwong
post Dec 4 2017, 08:34 PM

Regular

I want to use 2 smartphone to view 1 dafang. one from my iOS phone and wife's Android. Will it work?
weretiger
post Dec 15 2017, 06:04 PM

FuuSuperuSenioruyuh

Can use thumbdrive as storGe?? I have plenty or thumb bit no sd cards
idoblu
post Dec 15 2017, 06:23 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(weretiger @ Dec 15 2017, 06:04 PM)
Can use thumbdrive as storGe?? I have plenty or thumb bit no sd cards
No. Anyway you dun even need a microsd card for motion detected videos.

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 15 2017, 07:29 PM
weretiger
post Dec 15 2017, 06:53 PM

FuuSuperuSenioruyuh

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 15 2017, 06:23 PM)
No.  Anyway you dun even need a microsd card for motion detected videos.
This not same?

user posted image
idoblu
post Dec 15 2017, 07:28 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(weretiger @ Dec 15 2017, 06:53 PM)
This not same?

user posted image
Oops my mistake 😅
popice2u
post Dec 18 2017, 10:10 AM

Regular

does it requires a strong wifi signal?
does it sound the alarm when motion is detected?
fiqqq
post Dec 19 2017, 09:49 AM

Casual

QUOTE(knwong @ Dec 4 2017, 08:34 PM)
I want to use 2 smartphone to view 1 dafang. one from my iOS phone and wife's Android. Will it work?
Yes, you can use the same account to login MiHome, or you share the CCTV to your wife's Mi account. I'm using the same account for my iOS and Android. Both phones triggered simultaneously when motions detected.
popice2u
post Dec 26 2017, 07:56 PM

Regular

was trying to install but keep facing connection time out issue
-Aktan-
post Dec 26 2017, 08:26 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro

Noooo.. after 1mth + using
My dafang stopped working, always say connection slow connection unstable... Haizzz totally cant view anything
Cherryx
post Dec 26 2017, 08:54 PM

Casual

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 26 2017, 08:26 PM)
Noooo.. after 1mth + using
My dafang stopped working, always say connection slow connection unstable... Haizzz totally cant view anything
connection problem

reboot modem
-Aktan-
post Dec 26 2017, 08:56 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro

QUOTE(Cherryx @ Dec 26 2017, 08:54 PM)
connection problem

reboot modem
Modem rebooted many times la
idoblu
post Dec 26 2017, 10:10 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 26 2017, 08:56 PM)
Modem rebooted many times la
What version is your firmware?
Mine still working fine
popice2u
post Dec 26 2017, 11:25 PM

Regular

now cannot even scan QR code
-Aktan-
post Dec 26 2017, 11:46 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 26 2017, 10:10 PM)
What version is your firmware?
Mine still working fine
5.5.1.161 currently..
thomasjames
post Dec 27 2017, 10:19 AM

I just bought a unit. It's always failed in QR code. Here's what I have done
Choose locale Mainland
Wifi is unifi 10mbps speed with WPA2 encryption
Choose dafang from the list
Press setup and entered wifi pass and scan QR
At around 60% it successes but then it also said failed
It always failed at around 60-70%

I had power off and on many times also.
I had delete mi home app and clear cache.

I am using iOS.

I am not sure firmware version. From mi home app, I click check for updates and it said no updates available.
So I guess I am on newer possible version firmware.

Guys. Any of you had similar problem ?
popice2u
post Dec 27 2017, 11:13 AM

Regular

QUOTE(thomasjames @ Dec 27 2017, 10:19 AM)
Choose locale Mainland

I am using iOS.

I am not sure firmware version. From mi home app, I click check for updates and it said no updates available.

i had done the same
fail to scan QR code and it always fail at around 80-90% (connection time out)

xswatch
post Dec 27 2017, 11:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(thomasjames @ Dec 27 2017, 10:19 AM)
Choose locale Mainland

I am using iOS.

try using other phone as hotspot. previously bought dlink ipcam & cant setup using streamyx/unifi. but mobile hotspot seems ok. i forgot how i edit my streamyx/unifi router setting that time (more than 10yrs ago liao) but it works after that. just try setup using mobile hostpot to eliminate other factor & determine that streamyx/unifi router is the one causing connection error. good luck!
popice2u
post Dec 27 2017, 09:10 PM

Regular

i manage to set=up already.
i also did a share device with my wife's phone. how come she has control over the cctv as well? i tot she can only view.
thomasjames
post Dec 27 2017, 09:56 PM

QUOTE(popice2u @ Dec 27 2017, 09:10 PM)
i manage to set=up already.
i also did a share device with my wife's phone. how come she has control over the cctv as well? i tot she can only view.
Any extra/diff steps that you did compare to mine ?
popice2u
post Dec 28 2017, 06:07 AM

Regular

QUOTE(thomasjames @ Dec 27 2017, 09:56 PM)
Any extra/diff steps that you did compare to mine ?
update the firmware
popice2u
post Jan 3 2018, 04:21 PM

Regular

having one dafang at my home now i plan to install one at my mom's house.

do i need to create a new mi home account?
likchan
post Jan 5 2018, 03:34 PM

if i am using 5Ghz wireless which is not supported, how to connect?
idoblu
post Jan 5 2018, 04:31 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(likchan @ Jan 5 2018, 03:34 PM)
Your wifi router only 5ghz?
blacktubi
post Jan 5 2018, 05:09 PM

-
Group Icon
Networks & Broadband / Broadband User-2-User
Group: Elite

QUOTE(likchan @ Jan 5 2018, 03:34 PM)
Rename the 5Ghz channel to something else if the name for the 5Ghz channel and 2.4Ghz is the same.
idoblu
post Jan 7 2018, 08:26 AM

stars for sale

Updated to 5.5.1.243
Panning now extremely slow and unusable
Keep saying my connection is poor but it’s sitting just next to my router

Forced to update firmware.

seems to work fine now rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 7 2018, 03:06 PM
popice2u
post Jan 7 2018, 03:56 PM

Regular

why my current version is showing version 5.5.1.197 and latest version is 5.5.1.200?
idoblu
post Jan 7 2018, 03:59 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(popice2u @ Jan 7 2018, 03:56 PM)
why my current version is showing version 5.5.1.197 and latest version is 5.5.1.200?
I think you need to update to 5.5.1.200 before you can see 5.5.1.243

popice2u
post Jan 7 2018, 04:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 7 2018, 03:59 PM)
I think you need to update to 5.5.1.200 before you can see 5.5.1.243
noted.

idoblu
post Jan 7 2018, 05:35 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(popice2u @ Jan 7 2018, 04:09 PM)
noted.

hmmm....you shouldnt need to
you just need to setup that new dafang at your mom's place (her wifi)

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 7 2018, 05:36 PM
popice2u
post Jan 7 2018, 05:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 7 2018, 05:35 PM)
hmmm....you shouldnt need to
you just need to setup that new dafang at your mom's place (her wifi)
u mean i can view my house cctv as well as my mom's house from the same phone?

idoblu
post Jan 7 2018, 05:40 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(popice2u @ Jan 7 2018, 05:37 PM)
u mean i can view my house cctv as well as my mom's house from the same phone?
i think so, give it a try.
i havent try it myself but logically it should work
i have two dafangs and one xiaofang, - you cant view them all at once but one at a time
popice2u
post Jan 7 2018, 05:46 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 7 2018, 05:40 PM)
i think so, give it a try.
i havent try it myself but logically it should work
i have two dafangs and one xiaofang, - you cant view them all at once but one at a time
i believe your 2 dafang and 1 xiafang was set-up using the same wifi line.

my case is different....2 different wifi, hopefully can work sweat.gif
idoblu
post Jan 7 2018, 05:53 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(popice2u @ Jan 7 2018, 05:46 PM)
i believe your 2 dafang and 1 xiafang was set-up using the same wifi line.
my case is different....2 different wifi, hopefully can work sweat.gif
The app can work using 3G/4G and other wifi network, so I dont see why in your situation it wont work. It wont know which wifi you paired it to after it is setup
Please report back sweat.gif

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 7 2018, 05:53 PM
aeiou228
post Jan 8 2018, 11:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Camera settings > SD card management > recording mode.
Can you guys access to recording mode? I tap on recording mode, no respond.
idoblu
post Jan 9 2018, 06:21 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 8 2018, 11:07 PM)
Camera settings > SD card management > recording mode.
Can you guys access to recording mode? I tap on recording mode, no respond.
what is your firmware version?
aeiou228
post Jan 9 2018, 08:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 9 2018, 06:21 AM)
what is your firmware version?
Mi Home 4.2.5
Motion detected videos also unable to download. Used to be very fast.

This post has been edited by aeiou228: Jan 9 2018, 09:34 AM
idoblu
post Jan 9 2018, 09:56 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 9 2018, 08:43 AM)
Mi Home 4.2.5
Motion detected videos also unable to download. Used to be very fast.
not the app but your dafang's firmware version
anyway i cant find those settings in my latest firmware - maybe its no longer supported
looks like with every firmware change, there are some changes to the app. Looks better now
wc_how
post Jan 9 2018, 10:43 AM

Regular

I bought 2 units of da fang before reading this forum. A bit regret.
The connection is poor. Pairing took me 15 times of retry.

Which is the best firmware?
I tested many firmware, basically the 5.5.1.194 is the most stable one. (BTW, i am using digi as internet.)
I even tested the custom hack firmware. End up given up because digi cannot port forward, it is useless to have RSTP.

The another unit is still sealed and leaving there. No mood to touch it anymore.
This Dafang function is much better than my mijia 360, but the realibility is shit.

lleihuan
post Jan 9 2018, 03:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(wc_how @ Jan 9 2018, 10:43 AM)
I bought 2 units of da fang before reading this forum. A bit regret.
The connection is poor. Pairing took me 15 times of retry.

Which is the best firmware?
I tested many firmware, basically the 5.5.1.194 is the most stable one. (BTW, i am using digi as internet.)
I even tested the custom hack firmware. End up given up because digi cannot port forward, it is useless to have RSTP.

The another unit is still sealed and leaving there. No mood to touch it anymore.
This Dafang function is much better than my mijia 360, but the realibility is shit.
I am using Mi Home 5.0.9.
Dafang Firmware-5.5.1.200.
Quite stable.Maybe you can try and tested internally first with wi-fi.

aeiou228
post Jan 10 2018, 08:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 9 2018, 09:56 AM)
not the app but your dafang's firmware version
anyway i cant find those settings in my latest firmware - maybe its no longer supported
looks like with every firmware change, there are some changes to the app. Looks better now
Sorry, mine is Xiao Fang, after updated camera firmware to the latest one, I can access the sd card but the 15sec motion detected videos still unable to download.
As for the recording to the sd card, the latest firmware now have new auto motion detect recording mode to replace the time zone selection mode. I like this new feature, it lessen the stress to the sd card.
wc_how
post Jan 10 2018, 08:40 AM

Regular

QUOTE(lleihuan @ Jan 9 2018, 03:53 PM)
I am using Mi Home 5.0.9.
Dafang Firmware-5.5.1.200.
Quite stable.Maybe you can try and tested internally first with wi-fi.
I tried many version.
Only .194 work best for me.

I don't know either i got a lemon unit or digi problem.

Some period of time, the connection work normal.

lleihuan
post Jan 10 2018, 03:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(wc_how @ Jan 10 2018, 08:40 AM)
I tried many version.
Only .194 work best for me.

I don't know either i got a lemon unit or digi problem.

Some period of time, the connection work normal.
Just for sharing.I use YES pre-paid on one of the Mi A1 slots.
Works all the time.
idoblu
post Jan 12 2018, 09:35 PM

stars for sale

now china also use hipster's language? laugh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
idoblu
post Jan 12 2018, 09:48 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 10 2018, 08:30 AM)
Sorry, mine is Xiao Fang, after updated camera firmware to the latest one, I can access the sd card but the 15sec motion detected videos still unable to download.
As for the recording to the sd card, the latest firmware now have new auto motion detect recording mode to replace the time zone selection mode. I like this new feature, it lessen the stress to the sd card.
motion detected videos are not store on the SD card but in the Cloud
If you meant "download" as in save those videos to your phone or pc - i dun think you can do that
i can view mine just fine. try using a different network - eg if you were using wifi, try using 4G and vice versa (to eliminate if you have a connection problem)

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 12 2018, 09:53 PM
aeiou228
post Jan 13 2018, 01:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 12 2018, 09:48 PM)
motion detected videos are not store on the SD card but in the Cloud
If you meant "download" as in save those videos to your phone or pc - i dun think you can do that
i can view mine just fine. try using a different network - eg if you were using wifi, try using 4G and vice versa (to eliminate if you have a connection problem)
I tried 4G, still can't download the short 15sec motion detected video from the cloud.
I have no problem to view motion detected video recorded on SD card via WiFi and 4G.
Now SD card has two options of recording, 24hrs or motion video. Motion recording minimum 1 min and will continue recording if continuous motion detected. Schedule recording no longer available.
idoblu
post Jan 13 2018, 07:50 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 13 2018, 01:11 AM)
I tried 4G, still can't download the short 15sec motion detected video from the cloud.
I have no problem to view motion detected video recorded on SD card via WiFi and 4G.
Now SD card has two options of recording, 24hrs or motion video. Motion recording minimum 1 min and will continue recording if continuous motion detected.  Schedule recording no longer available.
you mean this (in red) ?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
aeiou228
post Jan 13 2018, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 13 2018, 07:50 AM)
you mean this (in red) ?
Yes sir. It's min 1min and continuous motion detection recording can supplement the footage not capture by the short 15 sec motion video and the few min waiting time (I think is around 4 to 5 min ) for next motion detection in the cloud storage.
Also, less stress to the SD card.
idoblu
post Jan 13 2018, 09:00 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 13 2018, 08:34 AM)
Yes sir. It's min 1min and continuous motion detection recording can supplement the footage not capture by the short 15 sec motion video and the few min waiting time (I think is around 4 to 5 min ) for next motion detection in the cloud storage.
Also, less stress to the SD card.
I was able to view videos from their cloud but I dunno how to access the videos from the card. How?
Previously we weren’t able to record to card
Every firmware updates seems to have big changes. This guide is useless now haha

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 13 2018, 09:01 AM
aeiou228
post Jan 13 2018, 06:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 13 2018, 09:00 AM)
I was able to view videos from their cloud but I dunno how to access the videos from the card. How?
Previously we weren’t able to record to card
Every firmware updates  seems to have big changes. This guide is useless now haha
Tap "Device online" then under the live stream video, look at the bottom right corner for an icon named "Look Back".

I was able to record to the SD card all these while even on old Xiao Fang firmware. Previously it has 2 recording modes which are All Day or Schedule, but the latest camera firmware discarded schedule recording and replaced it with motion detection recording.
The access to the motion video in the SD card is far more easier than the motion alarm in the cloud. Faster playback, can select preferred time zone to view, can scroll back and forth and footage not limited to 15 sec.
idoblu
post Jan 13 2018, 07:26 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 13 2018, 06:59 PM)
Tap "Device online" then under the live stream video, look at the bottom right corner for an icon named "Look Back".

I was able to record to the SD card all these while even on old Xiao Fang firmware. Previously it has 2 recording modes which are All Day or Schedule, but the latest camera firmware discarded schedule recording and replaced it with motion detection recording.
The access to the motion video in the SD card is far more easier than the motion alarm in the cloud.  Faster playback, can select preferred time zone to view, can scroll back and forth and footage not limited to 15 sec.
thumbup.gif thanks
popice2u
post Jan 14 2018, 03:12 PM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 7 2018, 05:53 PM)
The app can work using 3G/4G and other wifi network, so I dont see why in your situation it wont work. It wont know which wifi you paired it to after it is setup
Please report back  sweat.gif
manage to install 2nd Dafang at my mom's house. rclxm9.gif

CherishYY
post Jan 17 2018, 12:43 PM

Hi, anyone know if the DaFang have motion alarm which alerts our phone as soon as it detects movement when supposingly no one would be at home?

I read through the post and it seems that we have to download the motion alarm from the server. Is there ways to know as soon as the camera picked up motion or is there any other model that has this function?
idoblu
post Jan 17 2018, 12:47 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(CherishYY @ Jan 17 2018, 12:43 PM)
Hi, anyone know if the DaFang have motion alarm which alerts our phone as soon as it detects movement when supposingly no one would be at home?

I read through the post and it seems that we have to download the motion alarm from the server. Is there ways to know as soon as the camera picked up motion or is there any other model that has this function?
Just turn motion detect on only
Read the first post la
vaitapu
post Jan 17 2018, 07:02 PM

Hi,

I also have Dafang camera and I am pretty satisfied but I have one issue.
Everything works fine via home LAN....when I am out of home I can access via phone mobile internet(4G) to see the live capture.

The issue is that when I am out of home, I have trouble to access recording to SD card. When I am at the same LAN everything works smooth. But only over 4G is that issue present. Over 4G I can watch live capture, sometime I can even download motions on the cloud(last days cloud works crap)...

I can't access to my recording on SD via 4G..maybe is the issue related to my home xDSL line 10Mbit/1Mbit...maybe is 1 Mbit for upload to little?

Thanks and regards
idoblu
post Jan 17 2018, 08:30 PM

stars for sale

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Mine works fine over 4G so yeah maybe your upload speed too little or maybe your 4G network
xperiaVuser
post Jan 18 2018, 08:39 AM

Enthusiast

Guys, will there be a problem if dafang is mounted upside down on a ceiling?
idoblu
post Jan 18 2018, 08:41 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Jan 18 2018, 08:39 AM)
Guys, will there be a problem if dafang is mounted upside down on a ceiling?
no problem, just reverse the video

xperiaVuser
post Jan 18 2018, 08:56 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 18 2018, 08:41 AM)
no problem, just reverse the video
There is a setting in dafang to reverse the video?
idoblu
post Jan 18 2018, 08:58 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Jan 18 2018, 08:56 AM)
There is a setting in dafang to reverse the video?
Attached Image
xperiaVuser
post Jan 18 2018, 09:00 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 18 2018, 08:58 AM)
Attached Image
awesome thumbup.gif thanks!

Btw, do you know how long is the provided USB cable?

This post has been edited by xperiaVuser: Jan 18 2018, 09:03 AM
idoblu
post Jan 18 2018, 09:07 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Jan 18 2018, 09:00 AM)
awesome  thumbup.gif  thanks!

Btw, do you know how long is the provided USB cable?
180cm
xperiaVuser
post Jan 18 2018, 09:13 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 18 2018, 09:07 AM)
180cm
Great, thanks again
aeiou228
post Jan 20 2018, 10:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(CherishYY @ Jan 17 2018, 12:43 PM)

In Mi Home settings, enable the push notification to the app. But you better not enable it, because 90% of the motion alarm are nuisance triggered. I only enable it when it's absolutely necessary when I expecting visitor coming while I'm away not far from home.

QUOTE(vaitapu @ Jan 17 2018, 07:02 PM)
Hi,

I also have Dafang camera and I am pretty satisfied but I have one issue.
Everything works fine via home LAN....when I am out of home I can access via phone mobile internet(4G) to see the live capture.

The issue is that when I am out of home, I have trouble to access recording to SD card. When I am at the same LAN everything works smooth. But only over 4G is that issue present. Over 4G I can watch live capture, sometime I can even download motions on the cloud(last days cloud works crap)...

I can't access to my recording on SD via 4G..maybe is the issue related to my home xDSL line 10Mbit/1Mbit...maybe is 1 Mbit for upload to little?

Thanks and regards
Maybe while you try to read the recording on card, the card is writing new motion video at the same time. Try turn off all recording ( both all day and motion) on SD and access your recording via 4G again. If still can't, then the slow upload speed might be one of the reasons.
gnamron
post Jan 21 2018, 02:13 PM

Does this dafang work in non internet environment
idoblu
post Jan 21 2018, 02:22 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(gnamron @ Jan 21 2018, 02:13 PM)
Does this dafang work in non internet environment
i think it will still record videos on the microSD card, just you cant check or control it.
not sure though as only lately I found out it can now record motion detect videos to the SD card
alek200
post Jan 23 2018, 06:53 PM

Hello, how can i set my Xiaomi DaFang to send alarm to my samsung S7 when detect motion?
idoblu
post Jan 23 2018, 07:49 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(alek200 @ Jan 23 2018, 06:53 PM)
Hello, how can i set my Xiaomi DaFang to send alarm to my samsung S7 when detect motion?
install the mi home app. read page 1
popice2u
post Jan 23 2018, 08:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(alek200 @ Jan 23 2018, 06:53 PM)
it will send an notification (not send 'alarm' to your hp)

alek200
post Jan 23 2018, 08:20 PM

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 23 2018, 01:49 PM)
install the mi home app. read page 1
Can you give me link i didnt seen what i am searching.
Thx!

I want when someone is moving in front of the camera to alert me on my phone immediately with sound or light ok?
idoblu
post Jan 23 2018, 09:07 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(alek200 @ Jan 23 2018, 08:20 PM)
Can you give me link i didnt seen what i am searching.
Thx!

I want when someone is moving in front of the camera to alert me on my phone immediately with sound or light ok?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...smarthome&hl=en
alek200
post Jan 23 2018, 09:53 PM

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 23 2018, 03:07 PM)
YAMiDAMi
post Jan 24 2018, 12:59 AM

Getting Started

Hi. Anyone updated to .243?
idoblu
post Jan 24 2018, 01:04 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(YAMiDAMi @ Jan 24 2018, 12:59 AM)
Hi. Anyone updated to .243?
Mine are. Working fine.
alek200
post Jan 24 2018, 01:29 AM

QUOTE(popice2u @ Jan 23 2018, 02:16 PM)
it will send an notification (not send 'alarm' to your hp)
I don't understand?
YAMiDAMi
post Jan 24 2018, 08:44 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 24 2018, 01:04 AM)
Mine are. Working fine.
I got 2 units. 1 survived the update, another 1 has problem with its night vision mode. The IR night vision is turned on when it's dark but it can't see anything. I've downgraded it to .194 but still the same. Hardware issue perhaps? icon_question.gif
idoblu
post Jan 24 2018, 08:56 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(YAMiDAMi @ Jan 24 2018, 08:44 AM)
I got 2 units. 1 survived the update, another 1 has problem with its night vision mode. The IR night vision is turned on when it's dark but it can't see anything. I've downgraded it to .194 but still the same. Hardware issue perhaps?  icon_question.gif
i got two as well. both okay
maybe try resetting it.... i dunno
YAMiDAMi
post Jan 24 2018, 12:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 24 2018, 08:56 AM)
i got two as well. both okay
maybe try resetting it.... i dunno
I've reset and reconfigured many times. Still the same.
eddyann
post Jan 25 2018, 05:08 PM

Gold Miner

I have the Xiaofang working fine with 32GB local storage. How to dump filr to the router all in the micro sd card? Must use xiaomi router? which xiaomi router model which is compatible?
dragon1888
post Jan 29 2018, 02:31 AM

hi, i have bought from lazada DA Fang, but why after setting i cant received notification
alert ? please help

This post has been edited by dragon1888: Jan 29 2018, 02:33 AM
dragon1888
post Jan 29 2018, 02:35 AM

after install , i got that notification within 3 days, after that no more notification . please help . mine are 2 Dafang and 1 xiaofang
fiqqq
post Jan 29 2018, 10:19 AM

Casual

QUOTE(dragon1888 @ Jan 29 2018, 02:35 AM)
after install , i got that notification within 3 days, after that no more notification . please help . mine are 2 Dafang and 1 xiaofang
1. Go to Settings then try to clear your cache.
2. Disable and re-enable your Motion Detection.
3. Disable and re-enable your Device Notifications.

4. Update your firmware to the latest. (Optional)
5. Reset and reconnect your cameras. (Optional, if the steps above not working)
LostAndFound
post Feb 2 2018, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Got this camera yesterday, setup was okay once I realized they're asking for me to connect to my own wifi...

Should update firmware or not?
lowya
post Feb 2 2018, 10:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Can xiaofang/dafang do these?

1. motion real-time alert by laptop and/or smart phone, via wifi without internet).

2. motion record to the laptop hdd, via wifi without internet.

Or kindly suggest any wireless IP camera that can do above. Thank you.
noien
post Feb 4 2018, 11:33 AM

Getting Started

Anyone got problem for downloading those videos from cloud? Mine can't seem to download anymore
idoblu
post Feb 4 2018, 09:44 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(noien @ Feb 4 2018, 11:33 AM)
Anyone got problem for downloading those videos from cloud? Mine can't seem to download anymore
just tried, yeah seems like having problem
wait a few days see will fix by itself or not
fabdoc
post Feb 5 2018, 03:59 AM

QUOTE(popice2u @ Dec 26 2017, 11:25 PM)
now cannot even scan QR code
Hello popice2u,
also my after 1 month working cannot even scan QR code cry.gif
How did you solve the problem ? confused.gif
Now i can't use it anymore sad.gif
Thank you if any one cam help me... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

popice2u
post Feb 5 2018, 05:42 AM

Regular

QUOTE(fabdoc @ Feb 5 2018, 03:59 AM)
Hello popice2u,
also my after 1 month working cannot even scan QR code  cry.gif
How did you solve the problem ?  confused.gif
Now i can't use it anymore  sad.gif
Thank you if any one cam help me... notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
update the firmware

noien
post Feb 5 2018, 07:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 4 2018, 09:44 PM)
just tried, yeah seems like having problem
wait a few days see will fix by itself or not
Thanks. I thought only me having issues as it was good last few weeks.
fabdoc
post Feb 6 2018, 05:28 AM

QUOTE(popice2u @ Feb 5 2018, 05:42 AM)
update the firmware
just now the webcam start to work, just by switch the modem off and on again

Thanks anyway notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Volkswagen2
post Feb 10 2018, 03:49 PM

Casual

Just some quick questions:-

1. When switched on, does the unit record video 24/7 or it will only record video when it detects movement (intruder) in the house?

2. When the video is recorded, will the video be uploaded onto a link and can be accessed at anytime by the user although the intruder has already smashed or destroyed the device to bits and pieces upon noticing the unit sitting nicely on a table?
idoblu
post Feb 10 2018, 05:54 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Feb 10 2018, 03:49 PM)
Just some quick questions:-

1. When switched on, does the unit record video 24/7 or it will only record video when it detects movement (intruder) in the house?

2. When the video is recorded, will the video be uploaded onto a link and can be accessed at anytime by the user although the intruder has already smashed or destroyed the device to bits and pieces upon noticing the unit sitting nicely on a table?
1. you can select either one
2. its upload to the cloud but lately cannot access this anymore.....and its also recorded to a micro SD card if you had inserted one.
Brenjo
post Feb 10 2018, 11:21 PM

By the way, I've heard a lot about the camera, and in terms of its technical characteristics and possibilities, it looks quite nice in terms of price of course.
Volkswagen2
post Feb 11 2018, 11:48 AM

Casual

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 10 2018, 05:54 PM)
1. you can select either one
2. its upload to the cloud but lately cannot access this anymore.....and its also recorded to a micro SD card if you had inserted one.
Thanks for the response. As for item no. 2, I guess the disability to upload to Cloud is a major disadvantage for my purpose since the unit will be mainly used to record the activity of break-ins by unwelcome intruders and not for general monitoring of loved ones such as babies or old folks etc.

Are there any other (cheap) alternatives that are able to upload to Cloud with reasonably clear videos?
idoblu
post Feb 11 2018, 12:01 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Feb 11 2018, 11:48 AM)
Thanks for the response. As for item no. 2, I guess the disability to upload to Cloud is a major disadvantage for my purpose since the unit will be mainly used to record the activity of break-ins by unwelcome intruders and not for general monitoring of loved ones such as babies or old folks etc.

Are there any other (cheap) alternatives that are able to upload to Cloud with reasonably clear videos?
Previously can be done but recently not working
Maybe next update will work again nobody knows

idoblu
post Feb 12 2018, 08:21 AM

stars for sale

Anyone try putting dafang in Singapore server or others to see if it can work?
priest77
post Feb 14 2018, 07:43 AM

Is there any way to fix "Time watermark", to show the right time?
idoblu
post Feb 14 2018, 07:47 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(priest77 @ Feb 14 2018, 07:43 AM)
Is there any way to fix "Time watermark", to show the right time?
mine is showing the right time
stinky
post Feb 14 2018, 07:49 AM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 19 2017, 10:08 PM)
Sample Videos

At night with lights turned on. First only 360º Panning was turned on. Then Motion Tracking was turned on for you to see the effect.
Please note that this is what you would see on your smartphone and not the saved recordings made by DaFang

Now with the lights off. DaFang is using its IR led to recording in the dark

Nice Q acoustic speakers
idoblu
post Feb 14 2018, 07:49 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(stinky @ Feb 14 2018, 07:49 AM)
Nice Q acoustic speakers
haha sharp eyes
cheekin82
post Feb 14 2018, 11:34 AM

QUOTE(fiqqq @ Dec 19 2017, 09:49 AM)
Yes, you can use the same account to login MiHome, or you share the CCTV to your wife's Mi account. I'm using the same account for my iOS and Android. Both phones triggered simultaneously when motions detected.
Hi I m having difficulty to receive notification from mi home apps even motion alarm on and motion detected.
Pls advise

Thanks
vaitapu
post Feb 14 2018, 02:47 PM

Regarding the showing of right local time...
In the settings you must enable option "distortion correction"..that correct the time. I didn't notice any other difference.
priest77
post Feb 20 2018, 09:27 AM

I've tried that but only on the live image is the right time, on recorded video "Time watermark" is still wrong
xperiaVuser
post Feb 20 2018, 08:43 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 10 2018, 05:54 PM)
How to access the videos in the SDcard? Manually take it out? Macam tedious work. Do you know if Mi Router 3 works with dafang?
aeiou228
post Feb 21 2018, 02:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Feb 20 2018, 08:43 PM)
How to access the videos in the SDcard? Manually take it out? Macam tedious work. Do you know if Mi Router 3 works with dafang?
Can access online via "Look Back".

I've encountered a bug recently. The camera gone offline when I was away during CNY. I thought it was probably due to internet line faulty or power supply cut. Upon returning home few days later, internet line and power line were working as normal. I restarted the camera and camera online again.
To my surprise, the camera still mamaged to record motion video on the SD Card for the entire period when camera goes off line.
xeobuzz
post Feb 21 2018, 03:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 21 2018, 02:39 PM)

I've encountered a bug recently. The camera gone offline when I was away during CNY. I thought it was probably due to internet line faulty or power supply cut. Upon returning home few days later, internet line and power line were working as normal. I restarted the camera and camera online again.
To my surprise, the camera still mamaged to record motion video on the SD Card for the entire period  when camera goes off line.
Me too. Reboot then can login again but connection via local wifi also take times. Anyone know how to login via RSTP?
foohoa
post Feb 21 2018, 03:39 PM

Enthusiast

brought and use around 1 month, the motion alarm no longer can view
even from the list, still fail to load
but overall, this cam is super best!! if ang moh product the price tag should be at least rm500 for this kind of function and quality
xperiaVuser
post Feb 21 2018, 08:11 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 21 2018, 02:39 PM)
yup I use that 'Look Back' quite often too, but is there a way to save that particular motion video file?
aeiou228
post Feb 21 2018, 09:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xeobuzz @ Feb 21 2018, 03:28 PM)
Me too. Reboot then can login again but connection via local wifi also take times. Anyone know how to login via RSTP?
What's RSTP?

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Feb 21 2018, 08:11 PM)
yup I use that 'Look Back' quite often too, but is there a way to save that particular motion video file?
I think can dump the recordings to Xiaomi router via WiFi.

xeobuzz
post Feb 22 2018, 11:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 21 2018, 09:31 PM)
What's RSTP?
Sorry, is RTSP. Live viewing through VLC Player or others.

https://www.unifore.net/ip-video-surveillan...ime-player.html
xperiaVuser
post Feb 22 2018, 08:10 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 21 2018, 09:31 PM)
Do you know if it works with mi router 3?

*update. it's ok found on the forums that someone is using it with dafang.

This post has been edited by xperiaVuser: Feb 25 2018, 11:50 AM
vaitapu
post Feb 22 2018, 10:18 PM

QUOTE(priest77 @ Feb 20 2018, 02:27 AM)
I've tried that but only on the live image is the right time, on recorded video "Time watermark" is still wrong
On recorded video is also the correct time...but only on the top center of the screen...at the bottom right is still the chinese.
sbd
post Feb 23 2018, 05:56 PM

On my way

Is it possible to see the cam on a windows PC in a browser or through a specific program?

All the material only covers monitoring via smartphone

This post has been edited by sbd: Feb 23 2018, 05:57 PM
YAMiDAMi
post Feb 28 2018, 02:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cheekin82 @ Feb 14 2018, 11:34 AM)
Hi I m having difficulty to receive notification from mi home apps even motion alarm on and motion detected.
Pls advise

Thanks
Are you on Android or iOS? Please clear your Mi Home cache then relogin. Hope this helps.
helio58
post Mar 3 2018, 05:29 PM

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Feb 22 2018, 01:10 PM)
Do you know if it works with mi router 3?

*update. it's ok found on the forums that someone is using it with dafang.
Please could you explain how?

Thanks
jctasoga
post Mar 3 2018, 09:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(helio58 @ Mar 3 2018, 05:29 PM)
Please could you explain how?

Thanks
i would imagine that u need the xiaomi router then add a portable hard disk drive to it. then create a folder (it needs to be specific name) on the drive. something like "tdddownload"... i cant remember.

the dafang unit will find the folder and then download to it at a specific time. it is not done immediately. if you want immediate, u have to manually go into dafang and then press the download button.

the folder name is also found xiaomi mi home app when u r accessing dafang under settings..

ps i dont have the router but i have dafang unit. its the only info i can provide to u.
helio58
post Mar 4 2018, 03:16 AM

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 3 2018, 02:26 PM)
i would imagine that u need the xiaomi router then add a portable hard disk drive to it. then create a folder (it needs to be specific name) on the drive. something like "tdddownload"... i cant remember.

the dafang unit will find the folder and then download to it at a specific time. it is not done immediately. if you want immediate, u have to manually go into dafang and then press the download button.

the folder name is also found xiaomi mi home app when u r accessing dafang under settings..

ps i dont have the router but i have dafang unit. its the only info i can provide to u.
Thanks,
I m using a asus router afraid it does not work.

Thank you
nikobellic
post Mar 4 2018, 05:49 PM

Getting Started

Have been using Dafang for a month. Great cam value for money. But anyhow I noticed that the motion recording could only record up to 3 or 4 days of activities. I have a 64 GB micro SD card (Samsung Vivo) in it for up to 1 month recording capacity but can only see recording the the past 3 or 4 days. Anyone of you experienced the same?
idoblu
post Mar 4 2018, 06:04 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(nikobellic @ Mar 4 2018, 05:49 PM)
Have been using Dafang for a month. Great cam value for money. But anyhow I noticed that the motion recording could only record up to 3 or 4 days of activities. I have a 64 GB micro SD card (Samsung Vivo) in it for up to 1 month recording capacity but can only see recording the the past 3 or 4 days. Anyone of you experienced the same?
did you check if your card is full -
... > Advance Setting > Storage Management

can you do a screenshot of that "3-4 days" page you are talking about?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 4 2018, 06:06 PM
xperiaVuser
post Mar 4 2018, 06:17 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(helio58 @ Mar 4 2018, 03:16 AM)
Thanks,
I m using a asus router afraid it does not work.

Thank you
yup, asus won't work. The person above explained it very clearly.

Are you talking about 'Look Back' feature, which is the Play button on the live view page?
nikobellic
post Mar 4 2018, 07:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 4 2018, 06:04 PM)
did you check if your card is full -
... > Advance Setting > Storage Management

can you do a screenshot of that "3-4 days" page you are talking about?
I am sure the storage is not full. There are still lot of space.
What I am not sure is when the storage is full, will the new recordings over write the old recording bytes by bytes or it will 1st reformat the storage card and then write the new recordings.
nikobellic
post Mar 4 2018, 08:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Mar 4 2018, 06:17 PM)
yup, asus won't work. The person above explained it very clearly.
Are you talking about 'Look Back' feature, which is the Play button on the live view page?
Not the look back function.
I took the storage card out from the cam and view the playbacks on my PC.

aeiou228
post Mar 4 2018, 08:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Mine can view up to past 7 days i.e. 26th Feb till today. Using 32GB card.

Any one having issue with the camera went off line by it self without any apparent reason?

nikobellic
post Mar 4 2018, 10:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 4 2018, 08:15 PM)
Mine can view up to past 7 days i.e. 26th Feb till today. Using 32GB card.

Any one having issue with the camera went off line by it self without any apparent reason?
Yup mine too went offline a few time even thought Wi-Fi were on all the times. Got to turn off power after restart back to normal.

n3ohard
post Mar 5 2018, 07:29 AM

QUOTE(nikobellic @ Mar 4 2018, 03:09 PM)
Yup mine too went offline a few time even thought Wi-Fi were on all the times. Got to turn off power after restart back to normal.
I had the same problem. Reset camera, add again, and take micor sd and hear beep. Then everything works ok, i can see videos in back function. I know the camera well, I've been testing 2 months.

aeiou228
post Mar 5 2018, 10:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(nikobellic @ Mar 4 2018, 10:09 PM)
I added a second camera, updated to latest firmware, still same problem. Never had this off line issue on old firmware for the past 8 months.

QUOTE(n3ohard @ Mar 5 2018, 07:29 AM)
I had the same problem. Reset camera, add again, and take micor sd and hear beep. Then everything works ok, i can see videos in back function. I know the camera well, I've been testing 2 months.
After reset, the camera never off line for 2 months till now ?
Latest firmware?
xperiaVuser
post Mar 5 2018, 12:33 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(nikobellic @ Mar 4 2018, 08:01 PM)
Not the look back function.
I took the storage card out from the cam and view the playbacks on my PC.
I see. I've never access the sdcard manually. But my look back function goes back to almost 2 weeks on a 32GB card.

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 4 2018, 08:15 PM)
Been using the cam for 2 months and it is on the latest firmware, don't have this issue so far.
jctasoga
post Mar 5 2018, 03:39 PM

Getting Started

mine on latest firmware as well. my camera now not for 24hr usage. but it doesnt have the sudden offline thingy.

maybe need to reset it and re adding it to your network again? or ur router is handling too much devices/range issue? sorry just guessing here.

This post has been edited by jctasoga: Mar 5 2018, 03:40 PM
Slug-Face
post Mar 6 2018, 05:23 AM

Some help, please?

My Dafang has been working very well. I don't use motion detection but what I want to do is set it to record when Xiaomi gateway alarm is triggered. Most of the settings of the camera are in English but the Automation settings are in Chinese which I can't read - see attached. Would anybody be able to translate?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
idoblu
post Mar 6 2018, 05:56 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Slug-Face @ Mar 6 2018, 05:23 AM)
Some help, please?

My Dafang has been working very well. I don't use motion detection but what I want to do is set it to record when Xiaomi gateway alarm is triggered. Most of the settings of the camera are in English but the Automation settings are in Chinese which I can't read - see attached. Would anybody be able to translate?
I cant read Chinese either so I use Google translate app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-tran...d414706506?mt=8

Yup it can translate from the photo. Here is what it says
user posted image

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 6 2018, 05:57 AM
pyp1988
post Mar 6 2018, 11:07 AM

Hi, How can i configure or add the cctv into 2 or more different devices? Or max how many devices can monitor the same cctv?

I have tried for the first one, then follow by same step to the second one. But once the second one done configured, the first one just gone/cctv not found already.

SIFUs can advice here?

Thank you

hamster9
post Mar 6 2018, 09:16 PM

CFP

sorry..noob here..how to update firmware or know what is my firmware?

I just bought dafang but unable to connect the device. keeps timeout and say wrong password. but when I removed my wifi password, can jalan. I dun wan my wifi no password sad.gif
idoblu
post Mar 6 2018, 09:19 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Mar 6 2018, 09:16 PM)
sorry..noob here..how to update firmware or know what is my firmware?

I just bought dafang but unable to connect the device. keeps timeout and say wrong password. but when I removed my wifi password, can jalan. I dun wan my wifi no password sad.gif
... > General Setting > Check for Firmware Updates

wifi must be 2.4Ghz
5Ghz cannot use
hamster9
post Mar 6 2018, 09:43 PM

CFP

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 6 2018, 09:19 PM)
... > General Setting > Check for Firmware Updates

wifi must be 2.4Ghz
5Ghz cannot use
yup..it's 2.4GHz..
try connect halfway...first say success in chinese..then password problem?

cannot add device how to upgrade firmware?
jctasoga
post Mar 8 2018, 11:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pyp1988 @ Mar 6 2018, 11:07 AM)
Hi, How can i configure or add the cctv into 2 or more different devices? Or max how many devices can monitor the same cctv?

I have tried for the first one, then follow by same step to the second one. But once the second one done configured, the first one just gone/cctv not found already.

SIFUs can advice here?

Thank you
u can only share it.

go into mi home > long press the camera icon > select "share" at the bottom of page > then share with Mi Account > key in the necessary details.
jctasoga
post Mar 8 2018, 11:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Mar 6 2018, 09:43 PM)
yup..it's 2.4GHz..
try connect halfway...first say success in chinese..then password problem?

cannot add device how to upgrade firmware?
u may want to reset your camera.

download latest mi home software before updating ur camera.

check that your wifi password is correctly typed.

cheers.
pyp1988
post Mar 9 2018, 11:50 AM

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 8 2018, 11:09 PM)
u can only share it.

go into mi home > long press the camera icon > select "share" at the bottom of page >  then share with Mi Account > key in the necessary details.
Thanks Sifu
hamster9
post Mar 10 2018, 03:21 PM

CFP

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 8 2018, 11:11 PM)
u may want to reset your camera.

download latest mi home software before updating ur camera.

check that your wifi password is correctly typed.

cheers.
tried...cant update..

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jctasoga
post Mar 12 2018, 08:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Mar 10 2018, 03:21 PM)
tried...cant update..
this is plenty strange. i havent encounter this before. mostly when i have really teething problems that i will need to uninstall the mihome app then key in again all the login details.

you'd probably be better posting it in the official channel for assistance. apologies i can't help any further.

Cheers. bangwall.gif
maxpang
post Mar 12 2018, 01:31 PM

Hi there all,

just curious, when you do a preview on the phone does record function works? For example, if you are viewing from the phone via the app and there are motions detected (eg cat or etc) does the camera starts recording? or when in preview mode, the recording will not work unless the preview mode has been exited?

RGDs
Max
YAMiDAMi
post Mar 12 2018, 01:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(maxpang @ Mar 12 2018, 01:31 PM)
Hi there all,

just curious, when you do a preview on the phone does record function works? For example, if you are viewing from the phone via the app and there are motions detected (eg cat or etc) does the camera starts recording? or when in preview mode, the recording will not work unless the preview mode has been exited?

RGDs
Max
The camera will keep on recording any motions detected when in preview mode.
maxpang
post Mar 12 2018, 01:55 PM

QUOTE(YAMiDAMi @ Mar 12 2018, 01:52 PM)
The camera will keep on recording any motions detected when in preview mode.
10x for the confirmation!
maxpang
post Mar 12 2018, 08:42 PM

BTW, have anyone use a USB disk as a recording media on the USB port? Does it work?
idoblu
post Mar 13 2018, 09:27 AM

stars for sale

those looking to ceiling mount their dafang can take a look at this -

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 13 2018, 09:52 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
idoblu
post Mar 13 2018, 09:31 AM

stars for sale

btw anyone able to take a photo or video with their Dafang?
Mine says "Please open the photo album" and thats it

user posted image
YAMiDAMi
post Mar 13 2018, 10:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 13 2018, 09:31 AM)
btw anyone able to take a photo or video with their Dafang?
Mine says "Please open the photo album" and thats it

user posted image
Attached Image

Check in your settings.
idoblu
post Mar 13 2018, 10:05 AM

stars for sale

QUOTE(YAMiDAMi @ Mar 13 2018, 10:02 AM)
Attached Image

Check in your settings.
Thank you - awesome finally it works rclxms.gif
hamster9
post Mar 13 2018, 01:41 PM

CFP

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 12 2018, 08:34 AM)
this is plenty strange. i havent encounter this before. mostly when i have really teething problems that i will need to uninstall the mihome app then key in again all the login details.

you'd probably be better posting it in the official channel for assistance. apologies i can't help any further.

Cheers. bangwall.gif
I finally managed to get it.. without any firmware update etc.
and sounds really stupid..sorry quite banana (dunno what ching chong the dafang talking about)
1. Install t mihome
2. login and select mainland china
3. click add device and selected the Dafang
4. press the setup button at the bottom of camera till got some voice
5. press the button I hear the voice n proceed.
6. scan the qr code and got voice (dunno say what)
7. this part important... when u hear voice, dun click u hear the voice succesful... wait for 2 mins then click that green button (I saw this on one of the YouTube comments)
8. success!

what was my error is I pressed that 'hear voice successful' immediately after I scan the qr code and the voice comes out. then it will run, at 67% something says successful..then 80% become 'password error voice'

jctasoga
post Mar 14 2018, 09:39 AM

Getting Started

@hamtster9 glad that you got it working.

PowerGadget
post Mar 16 2018, 01:06 AM

Getting Started

Anybody knows where can I get a reliable seller with decent price?

Plan to get six units with memory cards as well.
sbd
post Mar 16 2018, 02:21 PM

On my way

lazada/11st/shopee can get rm95 or less delivered to you. 32gb sandisk class 10 A is just above rm40 each
valeron009
post Mar 16 2018, 02:31 PM

Casual

I just bought this. But how do i access the content in my memory card? I mean view the video captured. I tried searching in the album, but there’s none.
t3n
post Mar 22 2018, 08:29 AM

Regular

QUOTE(valeron009 @ Mar 16 2018, 02:31 PM)
I just bought this. But how do i access the content in my memory card? I mean view the video captured. I tried searching in the album, but there’s none.
under playback... all your video are recorded there...

by they way, can we install external hardisk on the usb port side?? Install a 1TB hardisk and let it record 24 hours rclxms.gif
jctasoga
post Mar 22 2018, 09:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(t3n @ Mar 22 2018, 08:29 AM)
under playback... all your video are recorded there...

by they way, can we install external hardisk on the usb port side?? Install a 1TB hardisk and let it record 24 hours  rclxms.gif
u can certainly try. but as i know, its max is 32gb for the sd card. for usb drives, i max tried 16gb only.

https://www.passiongadgets.com/xiaomi-dafan...080p-hd-camera/
t3n
post Mar 22 2018, 09:19 AM

Regular

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 22 2018, 09:02 AM)
u can certainly try. but as i know, its max is 32gb for the sd card. for usb drives, i max tried 16gb only.

https://www.passiongadgets.com/xiaomi-dafan...080p-hd-camera/
I am using 64gb SD Card now.. no problem at all biggrin.gif
Havent try external hardisk..
jctasoga
post Mar 22 2018, 01:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(t3n @ Mar 22 2018, 09:19 AM)
I am using 64gb SD Card now.. no problem at all  biggrin.gif
Havent try external hardisk..
how many days recording can you do on the 64gb card?
t3n
post Mar 22 2018, 08:40 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jctasoga @ Mar 22 2018, 01:28 PM)
how many days recording can you do on the 64gb card?
Just started using it yesterday haha... I will update you..

By the way, why i cant download/view the "video record" aka motion detect video.. i try to view it keep saying "fail to download" in chinese..
1depp1
post Mar 23 2018, 02:26 PM

Casual

nice review there brah.. hehe
rok263
post Mar 23 2018, 04:32 PM

[quote=idoblu,Mar 13 2018, 02:27 AM]those looking to ceiling mount their dafang can take a look at this -

[/quote

This is the link to the gearbest mount that is pictured, that could possibly be used as a ceiling mount.Gearbest Ceiling Mount?

https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-spo.../pp_230786.html?

This post has been edited by rok263: Mar 23 2018, 04:42 PM
pvkerc
post Mar 23 2018, 07:12 PM

I bought several Xiaomi Dafang.

2 questions:
* Does anybody know how to see more then one cam at the same time? (in the MIIhome App or other?)
This for surveilliance.

* A lot of other users seems to have problem playing "motion detections" movies. Download stuck at 0%.
Any solutions?

thanks!

sbd
post Mar 23 2018, 07:51 PM

On my way

QUOTE(pvkerc @ Mar 23 2018, 07:12 PM)
I bought several Xiaomi Dafang.

2 questions:
* Does anybody know how to see more then one cam at the same time? (in the MIIhome App or other?)
This for surveilliance.

* A lot of other users seems to have problem playing "motion detections" movies. Download stuck at 0%.
Any solutions?

thanks!
I am looking for the same solution and in addition to monitoring on a PC as well. Pity they don't make a NVR to group multiple cams. I have now 20 Dafangs
hikashi
post Mar 25 2018, 11:34 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett

Can this dafang upload video to local ftp servers?
hikashi
post Mar 25 2018, 11:35 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett

Can this dafang upload video to local ftp servers?
hamster9
post Mar 26 2018, 08:51 PM

CFP

i wonder can record from phone right? i dunno where is it saved in my phone...can only snapshot..but cant find the video...is it because i didnt insert memory card?
fiqqq
post Mar 27 2018, 09:25 AM

Casual

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Mar 26 2018, 08:51 PM)
i wonder can record from phone right? i dunno where is it saved in my phone...can only snapshot..but cant find the video...is it because i didnt insert memory card?
Yes, you can record directly into your phone. The recorded files are in your Gallery, for iOS. If you're on Android, try to search using a File Manager.
imran
post Mar 27 2018, 04:49 PM

On my way

nice item
hikashi
post Mar 28 2018, 08:13 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett

I cant seems to download motion detected video...
1depp1
post Mar 29 2018, 01:20 PM

Casual

nice..
xtreme_paranoid
post Mar 29 2018, 02:19 PM

UNKNOWN

QUOTE(hikashi @ Mar 28 2018, 08:13 PM)
Same here
hikashi
post Mar 30 2018, 10:15 AM

Pusheeeeeeeett

Somehow i managed to dump video to router with unifi modem without the use of mi router.
t3n
post Mar 30 2018, 03:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(hikashi @ Mar 28 2018, 08:13 PM)
u are not alone...
Did u try the motion alarm notification?? I get it to work for 2 days then now is not working anymore...

I tried:
hard rest
reinstall mihome
reinstall mihome from xiaomi market (i get latest update)
clear cache and data

all not working...
vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif
ioy
post Apr 1 2018, 02:29 AM

Hello,
I am owner of Xiaomi Dafang.
I managed to setup successfully, I can see the live image from the camera and other functions work well... But I have problem.. !

I have trouble sharing my Dafang camera live image with another Mi Account user ... It is supposed to work, I goto the settings menu and choose <share>, asks me the other account info., I give the correct details... and it says "Invitation sent"... BUT on the other user account NOTHING is received... No invitation... Nothing...
So I cannot share...???

Does anybody have this problem..? How do you make this work???

Thanks...! smile.gif
Gizzi69
post Apr 1 2018, 12:06 PM

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 13 2018, 09:27 AM)
those looking to ceiling mount their dafang can take a look at this -
Where to buy? been looking for this
Gizzi69
post Apr 1 2018, 12:07 PM

QUOTE(ioy @ Apr 1 2018, 02:29 AM)
Hello,
I am owner of Xiaomi Dafang.
I managed to setup successfully, I can see the live image from the camera and other functions work well... But I have problem.. !

I have trouble sharing my Dafang camera live image with another Mi Account user ... It is supposed to work, I goto the settings menu and choose <share>, asks me the other account info., I give the correct details... and it says "Invitation sent"... BUT on the other user account NOTHING is received... No invitation... Nothing...
So I cannot share...???

Does anybody have this problem..? How do you make this work???

Thanks...!  smile.gif
it will appear in the mailbox icon. click on it and accept

idoblu
post Apr 1 2018, 12:07 PM

stars for sale

QUOTE(Gizzi69 @ Apr 1 2018, 12:06 PM)
Where to buy? been looking for this
Somebody posted a link after my post
Gizzi69
post Apr 1 2018, 12:09 PM

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Mar 16 2018, 01:06 AM)
Anybody knows where can I get a reliable seller with decent price?

Plan to get six units with memory cards as well.
Theres one in 11st RM108 + RM 9 shipping. Quite fast delivery. 2 working days after order. I ordered 3 times from them already. PM me saperately if you want the seller name.
sbd
post Apr 1 2018, 03:48 PM

On my way

I bought rm95 30 units Shopee or 11 st can't remember. Search.

This post has been edited by sbd: Apr 1 2018, 03:49 PM
sbd
post Apr 1 2018, 03:51 PM

On my way

https://shopee.com.my/product/53019399/917367932/

RM95
xperiaVuser
post Apr 4 2018, 03:38 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(hikashi @ Mar 30 2018, 10:15 AM)
Somehow i managed to dump video to router with unifi modem without the use of mi router.
how did you do that?