Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Auction properties

Bjorn1688
post Today, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(leodinouknow @ Feb 21 2019, 10:49 AM)
then call ahlong is better choice than cut water/electric?
Strictly speaking it is very much illegal too and got to be careful as a landlord when you call such persons to deal with this type of mess and make sure you use a proper ah long.

Any injuries or property damage the tenant suffers he or she can take legal action against the landlord.

However 2-14 days vs 9-12 months........hmmmmmm
BEANCOUNTER
post Today, 03:01 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

you better make sure non of the tenants is using medical device that required electricity, otherwise you will be done for 2nd degree murder.

that's before you obtain a court order for eviction notice.
Bjorn1688
post Today, 03:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 21 2019, 03:01 PM)
you better make sure non of the tenants is using medical device that required electricity, otherwise you will be done for 2nd degree murder.

that's before you obtain a court order for eviction notice.
Actually I did have a similar situation some years back.

Nasty problematic tenants whose rent was in arrears and the TNB bills were red notices. Basically each time they came to cut the supply some money changed hands and the power remained on.

I told the tenant to get the supply in their own name and gave them 1 week to do so and to sign on the document I had prepared.

1 week later, they did not do anything about it and the power was disconnected. They complained that their insulin could no longer be used. Told them to go to court which they did. Judge threw out their claim.
Harry_Bobinski
post Today, 03:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Feb 21 2019, 03:22 PM)
Actually I did have a similar situation some years back.

Nasty problematic tenants whose rent was in arrears and the TNB bills were red notices. Basically each time they came to cut the supply some money changed hands and the power remained on.

I told the tenant to get the supply in their own name and gave them 1 week to do so and to sign on the document I had prepared.

1 week later, they did not do anything about it and the power was disconnected. They complained that their insulin could no longer be used. Told them to go to court which they did. Judge threw out their claim.
So they complied at the end and moved out?
Bjorn1688
post Today, 03:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Harry_Bobinski @ Feb 21 2019, 03:24 PM)
So they complied at the end and moved out?
You mean by cutting the power? Nope, they did not budge and reconnected the electricity illegally bypassing a meter.

I had my usual ah long deal with them.

45 Pages « < 43 44 45Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0631sec    4.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 07:30 PM